DRC Employee Reviews

The working environment is very good and fan people feel very comfortable during work time.
Assistant Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  MugadishoMarch 8, 2019
It’s one of the best agency in NGO the working environment is very good and people feel very proud to be part of the employees of the agency as they provides full support of their employees in the professional front.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch.
Cons
Health care, short breaks.
Team work and productivity.
Community Mobilizer (Former Employee) –  Kakuma refugee campMarch 3, 2019
Team members are very cooperative and encouraging. The managements are the supporting machine. So much loves for team members and the clients/customers.
Challenging and fun.
Conference Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 16, 2018
Challenging, fun to see everyone enjoying there self and nice to see the bride and groom enjoy the work and effort that we put in to there wedding day.
Cons
Everything is free for me.
Project Manager on BP oil cleanup
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL/Grand Isle, LaApril 2, 2018
Crews were all accounted for, and mobilized to work stations, All
safety equipment was with each employee, all vessels fueled and captain and mate on vessels, crews were on barges all equipment operable, attended all operation meetings with BP/Coast Guard/took notes, notified crews of daily changes, worked with labor subcontractors, reported all daily reports to DRS and BP as required.
Work was fast paced, watched with interest the efficiency of operational coordination, management was one of what can we do to assist in all efforts, hardest part of job -being away from family, enjoyed being part of a successful team of professional men and women.
Pros
Housing/office/management
Cons
away from home/ Temperary job
Doing a lot of back breaking labor, doing demolition and such
destruction laborer (Former Employee) –  Hartland, MIMarch 28, 2018
We started out just spraying mold, then we advanced to demolishing houses. It was a group of 4-5 of us but it was just seasonal. Everyone i've worked with i have got along with.
Pros
had a great group to work with who all would equally share the load
Cons
short breaks, long hours, and seasonal work
Too much overhead
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 4, 2018
The layers of management at DRC was incredible. this led to the inability to get any thing done in an efficient manner as a general rule. Work life balance was also poor.
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 2, 2018
I like working there just had some things going on in my life so we moved but if I had a choice I would still work with them, but I’m lookin to move on
Pros
Free food
Cons
This was a great short-term position reading essays and grading algebra problems.
Scholastic Assessor for standardized Testing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2018
This job was temporary, but I learned a lot about how fourth graders think and how 8th graders do their algebra. All of our scores for each test had to fall into certain guidelines so that scoring was similar throughout the group. The negatives were the constant tests required for scoring.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Scheduled breaks and quiet required.
DRC is a decent job
Hostess, waitress (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJanuary 27, 2018
The boss is very rude to employees. Favorites other workers over if she likes you out of work or not. Let’s everyone but hostess sits on their phone and threatens to take it away.
Pros
50% off for waitresses, 1 free meal for hostess on a shift
Cons
No break, cleaning the whole shift
drc
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 26, 2018
i didn't really care to work there the manger was very rude on a day to day base and there unorganized! I was a good company but the inside people are just not into the wrk.
the owner doesn't care at all about his employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYNovember 15, 2017
i wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy, youre just a number and a warm body to fill in the space. the owner is very rude to his employees and is known to sexually harass the female employees ,especially the female office workers.
productive
Administration Director (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 15, 2017
excellent working with clients, the modality of therapy used was very successful. Daily operations conducive to successful client therapy and over growth.
Pros
free breakfast
friendly
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MNNovember 13, 2017
Fast paced and quick days. Enjoyed loading panels and checking in product. Overtime available and bbq rewards occasionally. Management had issues depending on department. Family Owned
Pros
friendly
Cons
work over family
Professional
Test Scorer (Temporary Job) (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. I met lot of talented professional who came for the same project that I worked. Even my project managers were fantastic. I loved working there.

Right from HR till the Managers, were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Very friendly, Organized work atmosphere
This is a fine company.
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 4, 2017
The contract work was clearly defined, everyone knew a great deal would be expected of them in performing the work activities.

All co-workers were willing to help with the activities when it was
required of them. Everyone had serious assignments as individuals but would always help another co-worker.
Pros
A fine company
Cons
Good company with lack of work
Owner/President (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 19, 2017
I started this company when IBC Construction laid off all its employees and started to liquidate. I have sold financial services, assisted businesses and labored cutting trees.
Pros
My own boss
Cons
Low pay
great boss an company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJune 29, 2017
this company is great an the boss wonderful an the hours all so great .the employee are good work with due to they help out alot when dropping off material .
Pros
works with your schedule
Cons
when it rain
Not a bad place to work if you aren't a female
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYJune 19, 2017
DRC has a pretty decent group of employees however all management are foreign and do not approve of women doing men's jobs so the entire time I was there I truly had to fight to prove my value and worth and even once I did the managers still treated me pretty badly. If you have long lasting patience and can deal with the management;s favorite cologne (body oder) this place truly isn't a bad place to work.
Pros
good shift schedule, forklift training, long lunch
Cons
sexist management
Its a job
Electrical Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MNJune 14, 2017
Some days busy and others real busy. Not a big company, so alot of small business mind frames. hardest part is working and not getting paid like you should or getting laid off because of budgeting.
Pros
cool people
Cons
management is below average
A great place for a short time
High Level Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 5, 2017
The call center at this place is great if you know that it is temporary. The job is not that hard and the days can go by fast. The pay is really good. However, the management culture at the call center is very poor and temps are treated very much as just temps - you're a number not a name. Also, the facility is very, very dirty.
Pros
Pay, busy, easy
Cons
Management, temporary, gossip, strict, dirty