drchrono Employee Reviews

no no no
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 1, 2018
Salary + Equity: Far below startup market rate salary and equity does not and will not make up for it, If you stayed 4 years, your equity would be worth around $1000, with you paying $500. Would not pick up equity due to inability to raise B. MHO, Company is either decades away from IPO or not chance at all but will be a consistent, non growing company. Hard to live in Silicon Valley/Greater Bay Area so seeing expansion/possible transition to Baltimore.

Team + Culture: Hire friends, fraternity centric, touchy, draw obscenities, are serial office daters, say, do and on weird stuff. Plenty of misconduct. Lot of workers are born and raised locals from state and community colleges from Chico to Sacramento to San Jose to Los Angeles so live with parents. Feel bottlenecked. A new team with exception of above on annual basis.

Product + Market: iPad EHR for chiropractors, estheticians and small provider MD practices primarily less specialized and non surgical practices. Product has its fair share of bugs and is lacking important product features and could be better organized. V low market penetration (fractional %) and dozens of competitors with high monthly loss of customers.

Management + Career: Management focuses on themselves and their history/pedigree. Uncomfortable asking questions. Can be v psychologically undermining. Career pathway is mostly adding senior or variations of due to time spent but not in responsibility. Can be type casted into something you are not a fan of. No medical management, has lead to bad outcomes.

Perks + Benefits: Value Perks like
  more... an annual company issued water bottle or jacket over 401k, insurance, retirement, wellness, leave.
You do not serve just your investors. Customers (Patients and Doctors) and Employees are also people you should look to serve. Investors, Customers, and Employees are your stake holders.
just a regular person
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 27, 2018
A typical day at work includes playing iMessage games, sending Slack GIFs, falling asleep, and talking. I learned that 60 dials a day equals 2 demos. 90 equals 3 and 150 equals 5. Simple division but crucial. Managers request to follow us on instagram. The hardest part of the job is being stuck and locked in at the company to your job long term. Also dealing with chauvinists, "helpers" and players. I enjoyed pre and post work time.
Pros
can watch tv at work
Cons
relocated to a poorer zipcode, less options and longer route
Stay Away
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 26, 2018
It is a YC company but with 200 companies a year for the past 10 years that does not mean much. How many people that attend Berkeley are smart? It means nothing. What you do means something not accolades. It says it is a Blackbook top EHR every EHR says that and we win 5 percent of deals at best and probably half that from churn. Our average customer is an annoying demanding chiro that pays 100.

The average tenure of employees here is 1 year. Some stay half a year. For a company that is 10 years old it only has 60 or so employees. They took similar jobs (SDR, AM) at other startups! That is a red flag.It does not have much market share and it has slow growth. There are a ton of competitors like hundreds and we are probably the 10th best EHR. We lack fit so most of our clients are high churn chiropractors or pain "doctors". Marketing changed our logo to a black icon fitting for attrition or death. Every month 2-3 people leave or about five percent of company. The VP of Engineering left after two months. Our VP of Finance left because unable to raise and COO said we need a bank loan. Our VP of Enterpise left in months. Very low pay. Lots of reviews are not real or written on first week of job. Very poor culture and not transparent. I think our company is moving to baltimore with some customer and is offices to survive. There are a lot of managers staying here because they are comfortable with easy job and pay but not needed now for what we need to get a new round. So lot of money being burned. This company is not on any top lists from Glassdoor, LinkedIn, FastCompany
  more... etc. etc. Within a few years I would be suprised to see this company last. Very poor culture and not transparent, office politics and not team players, lots of ego, lots of this is the way things are done and too much structure and not adapt to customer needs. SAE vcannot think got themselves and get long term deals.

Hire good honest hardworking people. Margins matter not cutting deals.

Get some people with Silicon valley experience and healthcare experience. Otherwise there are hundreds of healthcare startups with our mission truly disrupting healthcare. We are just an ehr on the ipad. only innovation is ipad which other companies adopting better now. Hire good honest hardworking people. Margins matter not cutting deals. Stop doing podcasts and focus on company.
There is a lot more but I have some friends that I want to get out here but hurting them too much. Sales heavy organization with weak/less engineers. Buggy.
Pros
always some kind of entertainment (MTV/Maury type)
Cons
sales culture, frat lifestyle, focus on numbers over margins, baltimore move
not what you sign up for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 25, 2018
The industry is extremely crowded with veteran companies and startups raising a ton of money. I would say we go up against a different 7-10 competitors a demo but there are hundreds of companies. I probably win less than 1/7-1/10 of the deals. I think we have a very small market share, there high churn and a lot of customer support needed but I don't know. We are losing out to niche ehrs. There is a lots of turnover and I have heard people are not a fan of the coo who spends time on podcast and company historian.
Pros
smart conservtive but also aggresive ceo
Cons
v competitive industry, not a leader or innovator
average company
sales (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 17, 2018
Average. Its like any company. People come and go. I'd say on average people stay for a year. Our VP of Finance just left which is a little worrisome but hey thats Silicon Valley like our VP of Sales says.
Pros
lunch
Cons
many people leaving
education of startup school pros and cons
sdr (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 9, 2018
I really liked that I got a chance to WFH on thursdays and met some good pals that I will know forever and ever. I would have loved the chance to work from home more.
Pros
thursday wfm
Amazing place to be!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 16, 2018
Can't say enough about how much we care about our mission and the work we do. We're making a difference and helping doctors to build a better practice. Our team has fun together and we work hard. Best job I've ever had.
Pros
the people, the culture, the product, the vision, leadership, opportunity
Cons
it can be loud in the office when everyone is on the phone at the same time
bubble
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 7, 2018
bubble company where people are getting disenchanted as they see whats missing, the competitors we go against etc. lots of people come in naive and leave out worldly and to startups that are not facing obstacles this one is
Pros
close to home
Cons
bubble, culty
Work here if you must
SDR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2018
If you have Big company offer take it. Gr8 place to develop yourself and learn and more money and after that you have ticket to anywhere.
Name brand startup or startup that can raise money go there!
Work here last resort.
Pros
Leave at 3 on Monday is nice, or even come into office for two hours midday, flexible times Free lunches but we eat inside work and kill local biz
Cons
Yall
lack of creativity, common sense, team work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2018
antiquated and by the old textbook is prized more than catered, creative, high profit yield, new common sense ideas. a typical day of work is an hour of progress and seven of fixing messes and correcting.
Pros
lunch
Cons
stress, no SF campus
Nice on the outside
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 12, 2018
It's like plastic surgery here. Everything looks great on the outside like their new website and oh we care about patients etc and changing the world LOL. In reality, don't care about employees. Make false promises about career opps even use it against u when you leave like guilt trip. Talk bad about ex employees.
Slow noisy lethargy
Sdr (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 3, 2018
fickle pricing, lots of RCM meetings again and again but no real forward momentum, not nimble startup As lots of roadblocks and beauracracy, too many chefs in the kitchen, some meetings I’m the outrageous like giving away a car that’s not possible
Pros
Shirts
Cons
Repetitive planning meetings, too many chefs in the kitchen opinions, mo action
chiropractors and calendars....not really changing healthcare much
RCM (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2018
behind on technology that tons of competitors have, not really revolutionizing healthcare when only a calendar and payment and data entry software and largest market is CHIROPRACTORS ugh lol. lots of yes men, culture of unprincipled dishonesty

RCM dont get me started there, leeching money, not well built
Pros
lunch
Fantastic Marketing and PR company!
Sales (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 21, 2018
This company has been successful bottling up its misgivings and failures unlike many other larger and more successful valley companies. An internal outside group work texting group however is leading to lots of people leaving.
Cons
Short break, constant rehiring, poor culture
Great place to work! Growing pains in some areas but headed in the right direction.
Director of Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 14, 2018
I am a current employee with drchrono at our office located inHunt Valley, MD. During my time here I have been afforded the opportunity to grow the team and bring on bright, talented people to support our product. We've got a lot of hard-working and knowledgeable individuals that work together to help each other and share information. There are no egos, attitudes or agendas. Everyone is pleasant and eager to assist with whatever is needed.

Knowledgeable management team makes conscientious decisions regarding the company and product direction.

Coming from another EHR vendor (and working with many others over the years) I can say that the applications are outstanding. The products are stable, run fast, are well designed and well written. The app is easy to use and understand. The software is not without bugs or issues, but the development team is responsive to requests and are continually churning out features and fixes.

The job is challenging but fulfilling. No lack of work to be done. Learning a new product from a support standpoint takes some time. I am working through some challenges regarding process documentation and product knowledge gaps in some areas and departments.

We have a great/knowledgeable client base.

We do not have a 401k match at this time. This is understandable for a company of this size at this phase of funding and growth.

Beautiful office space w/ free gym in our building.
Pros
Collaborative work environment, empowered to make decisions, low bureaucracy, bright fun people, free lunch and other team activities.
Cons
No 401K match, current lack of process and documentation in some areas.
Awesome team!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The people here are phenomenal. Everyone works hard and contributes to further the company's mission to fix healthcare. It's truly unique to find a company in Silicon Valley that values it's team like the folks at drchrono.
Engineering
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 9, 2018
New Vp of engineering left after a few monthes with excuse of traffic and then took a job elsewhere. This is troublesome and sales top heavy company. structure is slowly being added and we are required to do less side work and focus on plan. Pay is low compared to startups and work is ok.
Pros
Ceo, game night
A great team to be part of!
Sr. Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 25, 2018
drchrono is a place where you can be part of a great team. I have been with the company for almost two years and this team has become my family. We have great leaders who are opened to listen and support when needed. My role and my managers offer new challenges and they work with me collaboratively. We work hard during the day and after work hours we get together and play games in the office or celebrate our productive days with happy hours. I have learnt so much and have grown so much with this company in such short amount of time. I see a great future in drchrono and I am delighted to part of it!
Pros
team spirit, free lunches, remote work, transparency
Cons
Pretty swell place to be
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 25, 2018
While we're not perfect, I think we've made great strides going in the right direction. The EHR industry is messy in general but I'd like to think we're better put together than most our peers.

The awesome stuff:
- Great, friendly people. We all know each other.
- If you come up with an idea to improve the company, you're (generally) allowed to take on the project and fix it if you're willing to commit the time to it. I've done this and it's allowed me to participate in multiple departments

The hard stuff:
- We're experiencing growing pains. There's tons of challenges on how to scale, that's causing stress and dissatisfaction with some members of the team.
- There's a deluge of things you need to keep track of, typical of startup life. If you want to focus, you'll need to be patient in developing a system to keep you organized. It's important to be open with your manager.

What I look forward to:
- New and upcoming leaders in the company
- Exciting changes coming internally
Pros
Fulfilling work, no shortage of learning opportunities, low bureaucracy
Cons
We're a startup, not a F500 company so understandably salaries are competitive, but not exceptional. We don't have the resources to do every request, but then again, which company does?
Great company to be apart of that's actually making a difference
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Have been with drchrono for years and there is a lot about the company that keeps me coming back every day. Extremely superior product for an archaic industry so very easy to represent. Partners directly with Apple for product development and promoting. Great culture of hardworking people who are always willing to help. Very low turnover which is very nice and the pay is great. It is great experience to be apart of a company that is growing at the rate that drchrono is and it is only going up! Lots of room for those interested.
Pros
Great pay, great management and great vision. Ton of Apple Gear too
Cons
Hard work! But definitely pays off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at drchrono. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7