Dream Center Education Holdings, LLC Employee Reviews

Disgraceful behavior
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  OnlineMarch 19, 2019
Company purchased Art Institutes in Fall, 2018. By Winter, 2019, they had gone into receivership. They terminated all employees on March 8, cut off email accounts, and failed to make final payroll, which was March 15. A disgraceful exit and miserable chapter in higher education. They tout themselves as a Christian company but have yet to exhibit this in how they have treated former employees.
fraud
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2019
Some teachers were good, most were frauds, which just about sums up the entire operation. Pay was OK but there was no security, no sense that anything was every going to get better. Many students had no business being in school and many teachers had no business teaching classes.
Pros
not many
Cons
almost everything you can think of
Declining company
Academic and Registrar Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2019
I worked here for five and a half years. I liked my job but the people I worked with is what made the job incredible. There was a lot of flexibility and work life balance. I enjoyed my immediate managers that I had at my time there. However, there is no stability and once DCEDH took over, the decline was rapid. The benefits got worse, policies changed, and they rolled out massive lay offs but there was absolutely no communication. At least EDMC had some dignity when they laid people off, if there is such a thing. This company will be closed in a year or less. I would NOT recommend applying here, it’s career suicide.
Pros
Coworkers, flexible schedules
Cons
No stability and company continues to decline
Terrible place to work
Talent Acquisition Specialist II (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 16, 2019
Overall culture is very poor....employees are in constant fear of lay offs or shut down. Work life balance is very also very poor. Such a shame because they did have some good educational offerings.
Run as fast as you can
Success Advisor/Admissions,Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2019
Company pays well,the stress of knowing if you'll be around for your next paycheck is not worth it at all! My title changed from Admissions Representative, Success Advisor,and Enrollment Counselor. The uncertainty pay to pay was unbearable as there was no communication. Dream Center Education Holdings LLC tore The Art Institute, South,and Argosy apart. The Executives are very scandalous and the numerous lawsuits and current receivership status speaks volumes.
Pros
Reasonable compensation
Cons
No stability, lack of communication, and the Executives conduct business in un ethical ways.
Stay far away
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  AI DallasFebruary 8, 2019
They will have you running around like a chicken with your head cut off. They do not think about the bigger picture or the future when making decisions . Horrible to employees. Upper management allowed employees to harass each other with no consequences. No consistency at all. Very stressful environment, walked in everyday wondering if I had a job.
Pros
working with students
Cons
everything
Very unorganized company to work for
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 2, 2019
Dream Center management never introduced themselves when they took over the company and after acquiring company within one year 80% of our office was laid off.
Dech
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 2, 2019
DECH is a non-profit organization that purchased my school in 2018. They lowered tuition for students, gave employees a raise, and generall did amazing things for Ai Online. That is until they decided in early 2019 that they were closing all of our schools and let everyone go with no benefits.
Pros
great environment
Cons
did not keep promises
Enjoyable workplace with great people.
Financial Aid Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 1, 2019
This company's strongest asset is its people. A typical day at work depending on the position was spent in an isolated environment with most people working with headphones. I gained experience with various processes of financial aid. The management of the company was not very communicative and employees were often not made aware of changes until after they had occurred. The hardest part of the job was that it was part of an unstable environment (the company has now gone into Receivership). The most enjoyable part of the job was the great people I was privileged to work with.
Pros
People, health benefits
Cons
Instability of the company.
Acquisition that failed miserably.
Academic Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2019
DCEH acquired EDMC in October 2017. They attempted to fit three different entities into a GCU mold which failed miserably. Leaving many staff on the unemployment line.
People were great, company was not
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 31, 2019
Did not value people that worked for them. Lack of communication was unbelievable. Company leadership ran it into the ground. Who knows what will be left, if anything, when it is all said and done.
Decent Job until we were bought out
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 30, 2019
It was a stressful environment due to not knowing if we were going to close as a school or not. The day finally arrived and we were all laid off. No earned vacation was payed out nor severance packages were offered.
Pros
Had a great manager
Cons
Executive Leadership team didn't listen.
The company place financial gain over staff and students
Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2019
When I first started in 2008 EDMC was an amazing company that did all the right things. Good benefits, career planning, created a sense of community and truly cared about it employees and schools. When the company started to worry about making money for its investors, it lost focus. There are good people that dealt with a lot of adversity over the years.
Pros
Freedom to do your job
Cons
Lack of caring regarding it employees
Network Analyst II
Network Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 30, 2019
Enjoyed working at DCEDH.org, good autonomy and culture. Good education and support. The problem is they are on shaky financial ground , went into receivership and had layoffs, I was dismissed.....
Company is Wishy Washy
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
Dream Center is also in a lot of debt. They are also wishy washy with their staff and other companies. They are customer service oriented very frontline.
not a very secure place to work
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2019
Job security is not an otption. I learned a lot and the hardest part was being let go. My immediate supervisors were the best. I will miss my coworkers but not the higher education roller coaster
Decent work, but no job security and poor management
IT (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2019
The actual work we did for Dream Center was good but there were multiple layoffs and rumors of layoffs during my time here. Everyone was always looking over their shoulder, waiting to be laid off. The company was managed poorly, and decisions to lay off employees were very abrupt and communication with employees was vague and misleading. There was rarely severance to accommodate these abrupt lay offs as well.
Pros
Good work when there was work to be done
Cons
Poor management, incredible lack of communication from upper-level
Place is always changing
Admissioms (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 28, 2019
Not a stable place no matter what company takes it over. New ownership taking over. They don't care about yhe students they are just numbers. If you only care about the numbers and not about the students this place is for you.
Pros
PTO is decent
Cons
To many
Poor upper management
Student Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 25, 2019
It was a place where I was able to put together a solid team but the previous company that owned us left us with in a poor financial state. Layoffs just occurred and effected hundreds of people.
Pros
Good co-workers, pay
Cons
High turnover, bleeding money
Company is out of business
Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 24, 2019
DCEH is bankrupt and laid off 2000+ employees as of 1/22/2019 and is out of business. Therefore, my rating for this company is not applicable. The company was owned by Education Management prior.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dream Center Education Holdings, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8