Dream Center Education Holdings, LLC

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

nice environment to work in

i used to be a librarian assistant, and the people were amazing and kind. while tutoring i learned from the other students mistakes, i tried to better my self, and use that experience to help the other students.

Place is always changing

Not a stable place no matter what company takes it over. New ownership taking over. They don't care about yhe students they are just numbers. If you only care about the numbers and not about the students this place is for you.

Pros

PTO is decent

Cons

To many

Poor upper management

It was a place where I was able to put together a solid team but the previous company that owned us left us with in a poor financial state. Layoffs just occurred and effected hundreds of people.

Pros

Good co-workers, pay

Cons

High turnover, bleeding money

Company is out of business

DCEH is bankrupt and laid off 2000+ employees as of 1/22/2019 and is out of business. Therefore, my rating for this company is not applicable. The company was owned by Education Management prior.

They don't care about their people

After 13 years with this organization they walked into my office and let me go, then asked me to help fire everyone else. They didn't offer a severance package, they just paid us through the end of the day. Leaving everyone in the area to fend for themselves.

Pros

they paid us well

Cons

They don't care about you.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Not a great place to work!

The company withheld a lot of information from their employees. When a corporate email was sent out to us, it was vague. No one- not even our managers knew what was going on and why certain things were happening. They took away our PTO, and claim that they were coming out with a new PTO policy and they never did. I worked a full day on 1/22/19 and was informed by another co-worker that I was laid off. The HR rep sent an email @ 5pm (I was done @ 3:30) The communication here at the company is horrible. I've worked for larges corporations and small corporations and I've never experienced such horrible treatment from a company... and they claim to be a Christian non-profit organization?? To make things better, after putting 5 fives into this horrible conniving business, we were informed that we aren't getting a severance package AND... they're not going to pay until the pay period ends (which is this Friday). This is the worst company to work for, if you see a posting for them, PLEASE keep scrolling!!! in due time, this company is going to close down for good.

Pros

flexible with your schdeule

Cons

no communication, no 401K, no grear benefits and horrbile communication and training

Rewarding career with no Job Security

Helping people achieve their goals and dreams through education was incredible, though DCEH did not communicate with their people. We watched them change the best parts of the University, and it ended with a National Layoff.

Loyalty means nothing

Worked there for many years, and in the end got laid off with no severance (all others before got them) as well as insurance only for one week after. No communication for changes, and poor management. They also took away a day of PTO for those that had earned it, and changed the PTO accrual policy with zero communication before or after.

Not Really A Well Established COmpany

I received paychecks late, wasn't ever compensated until late, and the only good thing was my manager who was understanding of my position as head of the Checkout

What you would imagine

The carried over mentality from EDMC is still present in the day to day operations of the DCEH colleges. While the overall mission seems to have changed to align with the new ownership and federal requirements, it doesn't seem to change how they do business.

corporate office with a bunch of new people

this company bought us out and is a total disaster. they have a bunch of young people working that need to justify their salaries and changing the rules and regulations in a daily basis. no training, new software that they did not study thoroughly before launching it so we are all going crazy. massive layoff and closing campuses left and right.

Pros

a paycheck

Cons

too long to list

Customer Service

This company was new to me as they became official owners in late 2017. I love what I did as a Student Finance Counselor who work with both employees of DCEH and traditional students who attended Argosy University Online.

poor management unethical practices

As a Faculty member for the dream center my work hours were average and colleagues were excellent. The companies policies were detrimental for students where programs would close leaving students in the lurch. When programs were closed faculty who had worked for 30 plus years were let go of without severance. Management made quick top down decisions without considering consequences for students or personnel. Students were asked to sign releases without explanation of the consequences. This is an organization where job security is unlikely and health benefits are poor.

Pros

may work with others dedicated to positive educational goals

Cons

disorganized management structure prone to quick decisions without regards to sonsequences

Not for me

If you enjoy sales, this is a great job. Just not for me. I had a bad experience with management. Some managers were great, but I had a bitter one who had favorites. I wasn't one of them. I worked for this company when It was Education Management Corp, so hopefully, a lot of changes were made and the bitter seeds were removed.

Cons

management, quotas aka "goals"

Manager only likes the guys

The communication department has no support but two people that don’t want to ever help. One of them goes to their car on break to smoke weed and gossips like it’s high school. The manager only likes the guys and from what everyone can see and from what the tier II says, the manager and the director of communication is having an affair. I guess its been going on for awhile and no one seems to care. So when you need help resolving an issue, tier II is either on break smoking weed or the manager is in the directors office with the door closed. I guess they feel that they can behave how they want. Don’t work here!

Pros

Cons

Inappropriate relationships, drug use, horrible manager

No longer a good place to work

Before Dream Center, the Art Institutes used to be a good place to work. Now it’s all lies and layoffs. Don’t work there! Loss of accreditation is soon to follow. Most full-time faculty positions have been eliminated.

Pros

Probable class action lawsuits against DCEH by students and faculty.

Cons

DCEH seems determined to destroy good schools

Unclear direction and undeveloped tools

The people you work with are great. If you're in admissions it's hit your numbers or get out. Managers are forced to take an approach of not being realistic by upper management.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Not rewarded on merit

Great team, Responsive leadership, DCEH, poor organization

AU-NorVa, rocked, collaborative environment, Overall solid team, AR squad, top flight with leadership that cared. DCEH, didn't understand the brand and the direction of AU's academic offerings.

Pros

Location, Work Environment, Compensation & Benefits

Cons

Parking, Upward Mobility

Not much future

pretty much a sweatshop work culture. I learned how to be resourceful, as resources were hard to come by. Management not willing to listen or consider new ideas. The workplace culture is one of fear and intimidation.

Pros

flexible work schedule

Cons

micromanagment, no 401K, no career path

A Good Idea Seemingly Bound For Failure

When I started my position at DCEH, I was fairly excited about the prospect of working for a nonprofit school. I have a decade of experience in higher ed. I worked for several different educational entities, but DCEH was the worst by far. Their deception, lies, unethical behavior, and exorbitant tuition and fee scheme were alarming. As EDMC (for profit) was bought out by DCEH and converted to a not-for-profit system of schools, I thought something new and exciting was happening in online higher education and I was thrilled to be a part of it, but I did see a lot of red flags. That optimism soured quickly after a few months. Instead of providing a lower cost and academically sound product, the culture at my school was the worst I'd ever encountered. I could almost get past the alarmingly high tuition and poor academic quality, but I could not believe the high pressure tactics employed by management and their "retain students at all costs" system, all the while promising that "changes were on the horizon." This place is a perfect storm of failure--pressuring reps into recruiting underqualified students (some of mine didn't even have computers), setting them up to fail by placing them in courses they were not prepared for, allowing them to rack up five-figure balances after failing or dropping courses, and blaming the school faculty and staff for failing to retain students when they finally gave up and quit. Oh-- then they were sent to a collection agency when they couldn't cough up what they owed to DCEH. The institution was hiding behind its shiny new "nonprofit" status -

Quick pace but no raises

I have worked here for 7 years without any raises and there is little room for advancement. The people play favorites and pick their friend for postions.

Pros

self pace

Cons

low pay, no benefits, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dream Center Education Holdings, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8