Dreamland BBQ Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun workplace
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2018
This location was fast paced and fun to work at. Most customers were so happy and pleased when they received there food. We tried to make sure everyone was happy and content with the environment there.
decent job only if u dont have alot of bills
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 20, 2018
great job while i worked there but it suffered greatly because of the inconsistency of shifts, and lack of real experienced management. lazy workers, even now after 2 years i can walk in and still find all the staff missing or on their cell phones
Pros
half off food
Cons
everything else
Fun Upbeat Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 30, 2017
Everyday was a new task! Loved working here and loved working with the people! The food is amazing too! If you love BBQ this is the place to be. I learned a new way of cooking my ribs now for my family.
Fast paced enviornment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2017
It was a great place to work for the most part. Serving and cooking staff are friendly and like a family once you were employed. Fast paced at times. Lack of advancement typically and low pay for the amount of hours worked.
good food and great work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 15, 2017
this was my first job. I came in not knowing anything about a restaurant and I can say I learned a lot. the manger that was there at the time was the best leader I could had ever came crossed. He helped me learn faster and motivated me to keep going on nights where we would be really busy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
i would have to work doubles on weekends
High-Volume
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALSeptember 26, 2017
This was a fun and family friendly environment to work. My issues lie with the immediate management and lack of a clear description of job detail. While they provided you with a job description at time of hire, the primary managers refused to allow others to due their intended job. On top of not being able to do what I was hired to do, I was under paid. After the proper time at the company, I was continually put off on numerous occasions when I asked about pay raise. I felt my position was considered a "baby sitter" and not taken serious by general management.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2017
Fun work place, great people to work with, one of the easiest jobs I've ever had. Guests that come in are usually laid back. Its just temporary for me right now.
Fun!
Web developer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 8, 2017
Definitely a fun place to work and a good place to learn more about a kitchen and how a restaurant works. Anyone interested in cooking would have a good time here.
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
Pay isn't the best
un prod
Shift Leader/Server (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 1, 2017
I never ever want to work there again. I cannot stand manangment and slow co-workers. There is a bias on who gets hired ( young college women and old men). It is very clear that they would love for you to stay and work but you will not be paid much (Checks + including tips) and also, you split tips at the end of the night so regardless of how much you earned, you still have to share with your co workers.
Pros
Non
Love it
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 14, 2017
Great place to work at and advance. I love the GM and the crew he has put into place to make us a great team. Now we just have to get our rep up so we can get more service.
Great Staff
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2017
Loved cooking things that people talked about and returned for. Teams members and Management were always involved in the staff and was there to talk or help with anything possible.
Would not reccomend
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 4, 2016
I worked here for a month while it opened for the first time. Needless to say, I would never work here again. Management is terrible, pay is minimum wage, and overall, it's just draining. My personal experience was awful for the duration of my employment. I wouldn't reccomend working here.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No breaks
productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2016
Face paced and easy going. Supportive management with employees. Casual dining with done dining service. Friendly customers from around the world visiting downtown Montgomery.
i was a runner
runner I (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 4, 2016
as a runner for dreamland I did a lot . it was only volunteer work.
I was the person that helped everybody I washed dishes,prepaired the food,and I distributed the food to the customers.
Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2015
This place was a fun southern place reminded me a lot of home. Although the place smelled of Pork and I am a vegetarian I had a great time. This Place allowed me to work with people and cater to others, which I love to do.
Pros
Southern Feel, and Gread food hal price or free sometimes
Cons
far from where I ended Up moving.
Dreamland
Server/ Bartender/ Keys (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 26, 2015
I truly loved working at Dreamland and if it was not for my fiance's job relocation I would have stayed there for a longer term. The people there became more than my coworkers they became my family.

The management actually listens to your concerns and takes students changing schedules into consideration. If ever there was a time I needed help at work management was there.As long as you are willing to show that you are there to work and are serious about moving up there is definitely room to grow.
Loved This Place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 11, 2015
Great atmosphere, a lot of drama between the servers but that can't be helped in restaurants. Some of the management can be rude, favoritismcan be a problem
Pros
family fun
Cons
no breaks
Very fun environment.
Server/Waiter/Host (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Dreamland BBQ is a well ran establishment. This is a direct reflection of its owner, Bob Parker. He does a great job of interacting with his staff. He's highly encouraging and really gives you a sense of appreciation.
Great Co-workers
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 17, 2014
I worked for this company for 7 years and I've seen lots of people come and go over time. This company has a really high turn over rate.
Some good management some bad.
Assistant Manager/Server (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 24, 2014
Very small company and no room for growth. Some good manager, some bad. You can expect the GM in Roswell to throw you under the bus if he doesn't care for you.