DreamWorks Animation Employee Reviews

It was great until NBC Universal took over - not so sure now.
Fixed Asset Manager / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 23, 2018
It was great until NBC Universal took over - not so sure now. Wonderful campus in Glendale which felt more like a park. Lots of wonderful people with a wealth of knowledge.
Great place to work and the employees are great
AT (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Dreamworks is the best company I've worked for so far. They were just recently bought by NBC so some things are changing a little bit, but overall I'd recommend working here.
Internship at AwesomenessTV
Production, Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 27, 2018
I loved working here. You got to meet a lot of cool people and youtubers. I loved learning about the bussiness side of Yotube and how it takes to make a video.
Awesome Place to work
Animation Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 29, 2017
I have been in Audio Visual for two decades. As an A/V tech my standards are low in terms of benefits. This place offers breakfast and lunch, big perk, the atmosphere is relaxed but focused, management likes to put you in the best position to succeed. This was a temp gig for me but hoping in the future i get a call!
Pros
Free Food all day, relaxed environment, outstanding benefits package to full time employees
Emmy Winning Animated Series Production Studio
Operations Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 31, 2017
DreamWorks TV (DWTV) has some of the most talented animators, lighters and creative writers you could ever ask for. Working as a Desktop Support Analyst among such creative people was always as fun as it was rewarding. The hardest part of the job were the times we would have to relocate dozens of users over a weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work alongside like-minded individuals who respected one another, shared ideas and methodologies, and wielded a great sense of humor. It was also fun to participate in wrap parties and new movie screenings. Once a year DWTV hosted "Movie Under the Stars." This is a night where all employees and their guests got together at the Feature Animation campus for a huge picnic and watched a classic movie on a big outdoor screen.
Pros
Ergonomic desks, free breakfast and lunch served daily. Great location.
Cons
Short breaks for lunch.
Favorite Place I've ever worked
Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 9, 2017
Long hours, remarkable people. Strong company culture. Dynamic leadership and exceptional benefits programs, including paid vacations and free lunch. Family friendly environment, strong capacity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunch, strong culture
Productive and fun workplace
Patrol/Main Gate Officer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, it was a great opportunity to learned the security field. The management, however needs to learn to respect their employees more.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management
Great atmosphere and cafeteria, low pay and job security
Administrative Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 12, 2017
Working at DreamWorks Animation overall was a good experience, but don't expect to be paid what you're worth or have job security. Pros - The campus is beautiful and lively, the cafeteria serves you complimentary breakfast and lunch, and people are better looking than average, and there are often parties and movies on campus. Cons - The pay is low with small yearly increases! The opportunities for advancement are also low so many employees felt stuck in their positions. As for job security, when their films are doing poorly, I've seen entire marketing departments get cut in half overnight. If someone steps out of line or if you make a mistake, it is not taken lightly. I saw long-time employees let go because of ridiculous ego-driven reasons.
Pros
Beautiful campus, free meals and movies, parties
Cons
Low pay, few opportunities for advancement, big egos
Great place to work....
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 3, 2017
Dreamworks is undergoing a lot of transitions but seems to be retaining its core that will keep it as a solid place to work. The environment is a great one to grow in, though the proprietary systems and the type of work makes one pigeon-holed. Hard to complain though with so much good stuff that goes on.
Pros
free lunches
Good company to work for
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Good company to work for. Beautiful work environment. Friendly atmosphere. Good facilities on campus, cinema, canteen, doctors. Various employee clubs to participate in.
Pros
provide breakfast and lunch
Fun work place with ping pong tables
Corporate Communications / Publicity (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Amazing company but changes are happening with the new take over. great free lunches and training. Management was good but again there are a lot of changes currently happening
Pros
great culture and environment
Cons
low pay
Most enjoyable part of the job
Director of Live Event Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I truly enjoyed my first two roles at DreamWorks. I had a lot of autonomy and ownership of my projects and was a trusted member of the senior leadership team.
Pros
Ownership and exposure to senior leadership
Great place to work prior to NBC/Universal purchase
Music Clearance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 15, 2016
It's been a great place to work, but current conditions are unstable and many are losing their jobs as Comcast determines how to proceed with production and department redundancies are identified.
Pros
Beautiful campus, free meals
Cons
Current unstable work
An amazing place to work
Sr. Interactive Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 26, 2016
Loved my time there. Feel blessed. They really know work/life balance. The perks put most media companies to shame. They offer continuing education classes and onsite heath care.
Great company to work for
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 7, 2016
This company is a great company to work for. Unlike other studios I have worked for, DreamWorks Animations is very family like. The CEO knows everyones name. I love the free lunches and the family I have developed while working here.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great Environment with Wonderful People
International Post Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2016
This is a great place to work. It has a friendly and homey environment. The people are fantastic and the food is very good.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch. Great Benefits.
Cons
Pay is low for starting positions.
Productive and fun place to work
Exec. Asst. Head of Production Finance (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 1, 2016
Great Company to work for. College Campus like environment. Management can use a little work as far as the way they treat their assistants.
Good company culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 22, 2016
I work as a software intern here and people in the company are really nice and there have many events every day.
There provide breakfast and lunch which is very nice. Team members are kind and always discuss together.
Technically challenging and fun place to work.
Operations Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 17, 2015
I supported the technical needs of over 2,000 employees who were mostly concentrated in California, but others who were in London, India and China. In addition, working on technology projects that the studio was pioneering was incredibly rewarding.
Awesomeness TV
Production, Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 30, 2015
I worked for the Awesomness TV division of Dreamworks. This is a very creative place as well as a very diverse place to work. You will be thrown into many different scenarios and assignments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DreamWorks Animation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

DreamWorks Animation Reviews by Location