Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Found 1,144 reviews matching the search See all 1,145 reviews
Poor Management
Assistant Manager; Former Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 17, 2019
As of last month the store itself is going out of business on a national scale, so that should tell you all you need to know. My location just had super poor management and I couldn't deal with the issues that persisted there without remedy. Very unprofessional in my experience.
Great Company
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 16, 2019
Company that cares about its people and allows a family -work life balance. Good pay and benefits to compensate the team. Offers growth personally and professionally.
Part Time Sales Associate
PART TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAJune 16, 2019
Part time Sales associates at Dressbarn have the primary responsibility to offer an outstanding customer experience through direct selling , demonstrating product knowledge and building quality customer relationships that result in increased sales. Usually about a 4 hour shift depending on availability. A great place to work to learn good customer service skills and working with the public.
Best Job
Stock Person/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJune 14, 2019
Loved this job. As stock person every day was like Christmas getting to open the boxes and be the first person the see what was inside. I miss the smell of the new clothes. I am heart broken that Dressbarn is closing all their stores. I also enjoyed helping the customers even as a stock person I always took time to assist customers and since I opened all the stock I was always able to put together complete outfits for customers. I love shopping so I loved picking outfits for customers and especially enjoyed when our frequent customers came in.
Management at DressBarn
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 10, 2019
DressBarn stores lacks accountability, work-life-balance and diversity. Store Managers only performed when news of District Manager will be in area other times the store would be 65% performance.
Pros
Great customer clientele, flexible lunch
Cons
Lacks Diversity, Development and True leadership
A Workable Retail Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 10, 2019
When I started working at Dressbarn, I had no experience in clothing retail sales, and was not aware of what I was getting into. I joined as an Associate, and not even a full year later was allowed to be promoted to an Assistant Manager upon my request.

It handles as any clothing store would, with the targeted audience being in their 50's. It promotes a culture of making people look and feel beautiful. Customers come 50/50, either wonderful to work with and you are truly able to make a difference in their day, or others who do not want/require assistance. A large pool of regulars contribute to sales.
Pros
Definite two days off a week, flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits for PT, every store managed slightly different
Productive Job
Stylist and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 9, 2019
I've enjoyed my time at Dress Barn . The clothes are great and true to fit . All the customers overall are conversing . Most of them our satisfied with our customer service.
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2019
Accountable for training all staff on sales and customer service
Responsible for greeting customers and helping to find the right products
Importing and exporting product
Overseeing sales teams and meeting daily goals
Pros
fun place to work with others
Cons
no paid time off
Productive, fun, welcoming workplace.
Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot, ND and Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 6, 2019
Typical day at work was spent completing task. Management was very open and easy to talk to and took associate concerns into consideration. I learned communication and management skills.
Pros
Great people to work with, flexible hours
Cons
n/a
Productive for the most part
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSJune 6, 2019
Typical day at work starts great with good customer interactions and returns. No benefits or any paid time off hours for part time mgmt; but wants you to always pick up shifts.
Pros
Meeting new people
Benefits
Outstanding customer service
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 6, 2019
We take pride in going above and beyond to greet and assist customers with their fashion needs.
It is a comfortable and fun atmosphere to work,I receive much satisfation in knowing I have increased confidence in woman by helping select fashions to complement their body type.
Pros
Friendly fun atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Great discounts & good flexible hours
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 4, 2019
Liked working @ Dressbarn it was something different for what I was used to. But picked it up quick & got really good at it. Liked having off the weekend since I was off the weekend at DPISD. But I am ready for something different now & willing to do my best in any position I am given.
Pros
Good people to work with & customers to
Cons
Wasn’t offered health insurance
great management
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 3, 2019
a great place to work , willing to train and asst. loved when new clothing came in to style the Mahicans . so customers can see latest styles . closing with a light staff is sometimes a challenge.
Pros
love the customers
Cons
no help cleaning
Uplifting workplace
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMay 31, 2019
Dressbarn is a very positive work environment focused on inspiring women to look and feel beautiful. As a store leader you are empowered to make decisions that will benefit your team and your store.
Dressbarn is a great place to work and grow.
Store Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAMay 31, 2019
I love working at Dressbarn. My team is very supportive, and if the store wasn't closing I would continue working there. Our team has become like family.
Pros
Team environment, personal growth
Cons
Having to work holidays, but it is retail and expected.
Wonderful
PART TIME STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 30, 2019
A lovely place to work with lovely people. An easy start for anyone looking to get into retail.

Interview process was easy and not hard to accomplish. However, it was a thorough investigation of my skills.
Good first time job
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Elon, NCMay 30, 2019
I learned a lot about organizing a clothing store and staging the store in order to attract customers. I aslo learned about scanning and tagging clothing and taking inventory.
Pros
discounts on clothing and other items in the store
Cons
not a set schedule, always changes, people call out of work all the time
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAMay 30, 2019
I've been a store manager for dressbarn for 19 years. I have grown as a store leader. Likewise, my values and leadership skills shapes how I will lead my next team.
Pros
benefits, 401K, great people
Cons
Not enough hours given to staff the store properly
Productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 27, 2019
Working at Dressbarn has taught me a lot. I started out as a stylist and quickly got promoted to assistant manager. I worked really well with the other stylist and managers. It is a fun job to work as you get to help women feel confident in the clothes they buy.
Super Comfortable Work Environment
Stock/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 27, 2019
The staff and customers were all pleasant, and I am sad they will be leaving. Management is very understanding of outside commitments. The work is varied enough as to not get bored.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight