Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Productive job
customer service and marketing of products (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 16, 2018
Fun place to work at, working with customers and helping them with style, and great to get discounts when buying clothes and meeting new people and management is fun to get to know
Nice place to work for. Staff very friendly. Meeting customers is great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601November 14, 2018
I loved my manager. Very friendly and will work with you on hours you are available. If you are part-time you may work 4-8 hours a week. When holiday season comes instead of giving the experienced sales associates more hours to earn extra income, they hire extra associates and keep everyone at a minimum. Most part-time associates only work up to 20 hours a week. The only employees to have 30 plus hours a week and get benefits is management. Sales associates never. This is only of the reasons I decided to leave and concentrate on obtaining full time employment with benefits.
Pros
Will work with the hours you are available.
Cons
Pay too low and no benefits.
Retail Starter
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 10, 2018
Customer oriented
Daily sales target to be met
Clean, well-kempt environment
Presentation, demonstration, and details matters
Smile, greet, and persuade everyone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MANovember 6, 2018
I loved my employees, everyone worked as a team. Upper management always appreciated their staff. The hours and compensation were great. Holidays are supper busy but fun if you have a strong team.
DressBarn
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 31, 2018
My time at dressbarn was very mediocre. The company switches floor layouts so much, and was always changing their rules and how they wanted things. The manager at my dressbarn was selfish, she only did things to benefit herself, and was manipulative towards her employees. I would never recommend someone to work at the Conway Dressbarn
Hot and cold
Assistant Manager FT (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 29, 2018
Upper management always changes. District leaders fail to offer support when dealing with issues in-stores. Forget about your life outside of db if you are management. Discounts on clothing are decent. Room to grow within the company, but raises suck. Bonuses and raises are based upon how well your store makes money. Discrepancies in inventory are the stores' fault, even though there are no tools to report it. It's been an alright experience, but would never go back.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
No breaks, raises suck, upper management is a joke
A warm and friendly place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAOctober 26, 2018
Dress Barn provides excellent training combined with a friendly work environment. Excellent customer service is always expected and training is provided.
Pros
Friendly cus
It was okay.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2018
Working at Dress Barn...I learned how to fold clothes, and get people to think they need more clothes than they came in needing. I became very good at it.
Productive and an all around fun-filled work enviornment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 19, 2018
Assisting the Store Leader in all aspects of the store operations to maximize sales
Implement visual standards and directives
Assist the Store Leader in training and developing sales associates in all phases of store business including operations, merchandising and sales training, but most importantly how to achieve personal sales excellence and provide exceptional customer experiences
Continuously network and recruit passionate associates, dedicated to exceeding customer expectations
Leading by example
Well it was difficult but worth it
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 18, 2018
Everyone was pleasant and overall nice to work with, there were some minor hiccups within the job that was slightly difficult. Overall great and awesome boss! I would still work here if I didn't need to leave and pursue better things.
Pros
discounts, easy work
Cons
30 min break, fickle in the rules of the job, and scheduling was wishy washy

Want to know more about Dressbarn?

Ask a question
Great way to build up customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 17, 2018
My days consisted of assisting all customers with whatever they're looking for and to help them pick out the perfect look. We also had to stock the floor and change the floor plans depending on the season. I learned a lot of my people skills there. Management was pretty good, very understanding of my needs in regards to school. The culture there was pretty positive and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was I was the youngest and I was also much smaller than most of the customers that came in, so a lot of the times they would not want to hear clothing advice from me because I wasn't the same size or in the same stage of life as they were. The most enjoyable was definitely my coworkers who were older than me but so nice and fun, and truly cared about all the other employees.
Pros
Fun environment, great ladies, encouraging atmosphere, cute clothes, good discounts
Cons
Not much room for promotions, on your feet all day
great place to work if you have a great leadership
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, long islandOctober 16, 2018
I enjoy working at Dressbarn for a while what I feel that dressbarn really gives a quality of life when it comes to family. Once you get the training that you need it's very easy to do what your roll as a leader should be. The hours at times is difficult going in early but it's best in order to get whatever projects that needs to be done in order for the customers get the service the deserve. Vacation times are great as long as you let your DM know in advance for the length of time you'll be gone.
Pros
Great with vacation hours, sick time and personal time. Hours are not bad as well.
Beautiful offices, gym, cafe, stressful retail climate
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 16, 2018
The company started as a small family owned business. Management's style was an open door policy and you had a lot of room to grow. The company fostered an entrepreneurial spirit. They are now in a modern office in NJ, great cafe, beautiful building but a lot of the management has changed over the last few years. Today the hardest part of the job is figuring out what is going to work in this new age of retailing, so there is a lot more stress and second guessing.
Pros
Beautiful offices, cafe
Cons
stressful retail climate
Fun workplace.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHOctober 14, 2018
Love working with customer. Like seeing new merchandise, and displaying. It was great overall. Great discounts. Different styles of merchandise and accessories.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lunch
nice place to work
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 12, 2018
fast paced, high energy. I love working for this company, always learning new things, enjoy new fashion trends, however the pay doesn't seem to be in line with other retailers.
Great learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 12, 2018
Great learning experience, however the company had so many changes while working there that consistency severely lacked. Not only in sales techniques, but in how you were expected to do your job, and also what things to look forward to.
Pros
Varied schedule
Cons
Varied schedule
Loved working for Dress Barn and for this Management Team!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 10, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for Dress Barn and this Management Team! The store was a combo store with both the Plus and Misses sides so we had a mixture of customers that came in. It made for interesting days and evenings/weekends so things were never dull--we always had fun while we worked. But, we worked hard to achieve all of our productivity goals. Again the management team was great--very easy to work with. The culture in the store was very welcoming and inclusive. The hardest part of the job for me was the floorsets because we had another Assistant Manager who was INCREDIBLE at putting floorsets together and practically did them in her head before the rest of us had a hangar picked up! The most enjoyable part was the sales staff. I enjoyed working with them; training them up, coaching them up and bringing them up to speed if they were faltering in their sales. The most rewarding thing in the world is to take someone who is not performing and turn them around into an excelling performer!
Pros
Discount! Employees
Cons
Pay, benefits, hours
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 7, 2018
Taking care of the customers and maintaining, the store to look presentable. Also, maintain the daily ledger and perform customer service. It was fun
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Not enough money
No concern for employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  VermontOctober 5, 2018
The building was unsafe. Roof leaks, bathroom mold, uneven concrete floors, huge potholes in parking lot. Absolutely no breaks except for half hour lunch, no access to personal phone, no bringing your purse to the bathroom (which had to be as fast as humanly possible), no sitting even for two minutes, no support from corporate. Dirty "break room" with crumbs, old magazines, cleaning supplies, metal folding chairs. Low pay, limited hours available, push for employees to buy Dress Barn clothes to model them.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Poor working conditions
Satified
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 5, 2018
I would start by unpacking all boxes and hang clothes on rack, put all the necklaces and earrings and shoe.purses out on the front courter for other cashiers to put away while i went in the back room to finish stocking and steam cleaning clothes and organize from small to 2X color and style in order,
The hardest part was standing for long periods of time due to me MMD. The most enjoyable time is working with music.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight