Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Found 1,102 reviews matching the search See all 1,103 reviews
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEApril 18, 2019
When there were not customers, and the easy cleaning was done it was difficult to find something to do other than pointlessly walking around the store. I attempted to dust, clean the windows, and sweep the floors. We had to wait until it was closed to vacuum and mop leaving not much else to do.
fun place to work!
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 16, 2019
Definitely the best retail job i’ve ever had, i really enjoy the company and what it stands for! It all depends on your coworkers and how well you all work together, my team is definitely awesome and they make work fun!
Great job, terrible upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 16, 2019
Upper level store managers have no compassion whatsoever for their associates or assistant managers. I've never been so dehumanized by not only employees being denied bereavement time, but also an attempt to deny a different associate the ability to attend a funeral for a family member. The abuse of power, including shuffling subordinate employees between stores much more than necessary, makes this particular area a terrible place to work. Maybe it's just a regional issue, I hope other dressbarn employees don't experience these injustices.
Cons
denied bereavement, denied funeral attendance, forced coverage in other stores
needs new manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 15, 2019
The davenport store has huge turn over in staff. Store manager is all about her and no one else, employees do not get credit where credit is deserved
Pros
nice discount
Cons
do not get recognize for the good
Ok short term job
Asst. mgr. retail (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 12, 2019
Typical work day as a key holder/manager is to open the store, review emails and implement directives and supervise stylest. Mgmt is inconsistent and training is lacking. No room to grow. Schedule is inconsistent and not out with in 2 week time frame.
Educational stepping stone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 9, 2019
This is a good college stepping stone to a desired real job. My experience was neither good or bad, I loved the people I helped and worked with in the store environment.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Not staffed
Friendly place to work with great management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 9, 2019
I liked working at Dressbarn and would recommend this company to anyone to work there. They have great communication within the workplace and great management.
Pros
flexible schedule, great management
Cons
not many hours
Culture is suffering
Buyer, Casual and Career Bottoms (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 2, 2019
Unfortunately, with the leadership change a year ago, the culture changed. It became the "mean girls" club, which is not the culture I helped to cultivate over my tenure. Since then, the morale has suffered and many long term employees have made the choice to leave. Clearly, the business has suffered.
Pros
Beautiful offices
Cons
stated above
Work experiences
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAApril 1, 2019
It was a ok place to work. I love working my team and the customers.
My store was low volume so closed wish we had the business to stay open. I was able do many opportunities in past that made me grow
as a manager. I open up 6 stores and work in 5 when they needed up.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 1, 2019
Management from high up was poor and did not follow the Mission statement. Quick run through training on computer and less than ideal work environment for growth. very high stress with employees but working with customers was the high point with my high work performance.
Pros
Discount and merchendis and customers
Cons
Poor managment and implimatation of mission statment.
stressful
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 28, 2019
Company is family owned and was a great company. Now the company is trying to more with less, which makes it stressful for the team and management. Now the customer service is strained anf there is no work life balance.
Pros
Pto, health insurance
Cons
turnover due lack of hours
Dressbarn- Dress Smart
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 28, 2019
Dressbarn has a great company culture and the people there are the best! The company has been going through some tough times over the last couple of years- not surprising given the current state of retail these days. Hoping they can turn it around and continue the legacy stated by Mrs. J's vision all those years ago.
Pros
People, company culture, vacation time, flexibility.
Cons
The current state of the retail industry.
ok
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 27, 2019
There are not that many of them around but for the most part, it was a good place to be. People are willing to help you and you can move around which is nice,
Great place to work, has the potential to be really fun.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 26, 2019
I loved my job this last year until the district manager bullied everyone in my store until they quit. She did some things that were definitely against human resource policy. Other than her poor attitude, I had a lot of fun up until that point and I loved the environment and people in it dearly.
Stressful Conditions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 25, 2019
Overall, not the most horrible job, however, it was not fun. The hardest part of the job was being told I had to repeatedly nag customers to see if they needed help even after they said no multiple times.
Fun workplace
STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2019
I needed to work and found out this company was hiring. I met with the manager and DM . The interview was smooth and friendly. The work is non stop but that's how I like it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not any
Dress Barn
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLMarch 22, 2019
Dress Barn is were you had to make a sales goal for the week it is hard but it was durable most of the time. the pay rise was ok. and the Manager were great at help you are showing you way to make your sales goal.
Temporary position
I.T. Consultant/ Customer Service / Call Center (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYMarch 19, 2019
My long-term sales and customer service experience has taught me how to meet and exceed each customer's expectations. I am a versatile individual, ready to take on the responsibilities and challenges of this position. I have a dynamic personality, excellent communication skills, and strong sales skills and a burning desire to succeed. I have assisted all types of customers in all types of settings.
I realize that acquiring and maintaining loyal repeat business as well as spreading the word of your business through these loyal patrons is of the utmost importance in every company. Positioning a company for better exposure and greater marketability is a task that I have performed with success many times.
“To give real Marketing and Customer Service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured, and that is Sincerity and Integrity.”
Pros
Contractor
Cons
Temporary
Amazing place to work. Lots of opportunities if you want a place you can grow and develop in
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 18, 2019
I love working here. A unique place to work as it is different than many other retail establishments. They always give you opportunities to grow and develop yourself. Much more than just "selling" it's a lot to do with team work and customer experience most of all.
If you're passionate about fashion and being a trusted stylist apply here!
Pros
Discount. Growth opportunity
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 15, 2019
Management is all about the customer and making the shopping experience fun for both the associates and customers. It is always a clean and organized work environment and the management and employees are very friendly and caring.
Pros
friendly employees, saturday pot luck, great employee discount
Cons
only part time with limited operational hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight