Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
a typical day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 19, 2018
I come in and greeted nicely by all the workers and start with a meeting on how the day has been going and where we can improve. I love dealing with the customers because I like seeing them leave happy after I have helped them pick out a new outfit.
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 15, 2018
Working for Dressbarn was overall a good learning experience for myself. I enjoyed how close the employees were with one another. My only dislike for Dressbarn was the work load.
Pros
Friendly, supportive, fun
Cons
Not enough pay to balance the work load, not enough breaks/lunches.
friendly work place
senior sales (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMay 9, 2018
Great atmosphere , management was always helpful and made sure our customers were satisfied a well as their employees , never ran out of stock , always greeting our customers
Pros
fun and friendly
Cons
not enough hours
Fun!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAMay 3, 2018
A fun place to start working in retail. There is always room to advance in the company as they hire from within. Management is always listening to associates.
Employees were nice, but rather stressful environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 30, 2018
A typical day at Dressbarn was rather stressful, it felt like management was going to jump on you as soon as you walked in. overall the days there are fine, you get the occasional rude customer or two, but that's retail. The management was ok, I would like to say more but they were always behind with schedules, and didn't work around school hours. They were very picky with emergencies, which did not work out well for me. I had gotten into an accident at one point, and quickly texted one of my coworkers to cover my shift. Later on I got a call from one of my managers, who was very angry that I didn't call the store first. I can understand this, but at the time I needed someone to be at the store quickly in my place, and I didn't have time to call the store itself and explain at that moment. The hardest part of the job was the management. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the sales goal of the day/month and getting verbally rewarded for it, and also being praised for a good job on dressing the mannequins well.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
very short breaks, very stressful environment
Fun place to work and good store management.
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Parma, OH 44134April 20, 2018
I felt that Dressbarn was a good place to work. For most years that I worked I was a full time employee with full medical and dental benefits. I also had paid vacation and choice time. Due to a changing corporate structure, full time employees were demoted to part time status. This was a company wide move and benefits were taken away. Additionally, hours were cut so I felt it was not beneficial to me to stay. I went full time to Quality Data Management (where I had previously been part time) and worked daytime hours and approximately 40 hrs per week. I feel I would still be at Dressbarn had they kept me as a full time employee. Because of corporate changes, it became harder to stay at Dressbarn. I enjoy working in retail but it was not feasible for me to remain in my position as Sales Associate at Dressbarn.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
changing corporate structure
A great place to help others find the perfect attire for any occaison!
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 19, 2018
The staff is friendly and supportive. We work well together to help the customer find the perfect attire for the wedding, funeral, job interview or for vacation.
Worked for this company a long time
Manager (Current Employee) –  Metro Detroit AreaApril 16, 2018
I've worked for this company a long time I am just looking for something other than retail. I love my co workers like family, they are what make coming to work every day enjoyable.
No breaks
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 14, 2018
All employees I encountered were very helpful and knowledgeable. Slightly slow during weekdays. No breaks, literally, I was told that Dressbarn does not give your average 15 minute breaks, only 30 minute lunches if you work 6 hours or more. Part-time is literally 15-17 hours, nothing more. Pay is decent for a retail job.Enrolling customers in text alerts and credit card apps are important and no you're not on commission. Great job for a retired person.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
No breaks!
slow pace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 11, 2018
slow paced work environment where you get to help customers find outfits hopefully multiple pieces so you meet company numbers. A credit card is an option for customers and promotions vary weekly
Fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 11, 2018
You get to experience things with your customers, like helping them find outfits for their wedding, or their 50th anniversary. You connect wit customers and even have regulars that you catch up with.
A typical day at the Barn
Style Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 7, 2018
This company has great views for making women feel beautiful. Work can get busy, but nothing that is too much to handle. I enjoyed this job very much.
Pros
Experience, great co-workers
Cons
Floor sets and visuals
fun place to work
Customer service, stock, sales (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYApril 3, 2018
-punched in and got right to work opening up boxes and replenishing selling floor with clothing and shoes
-biggest part of day was customer service, making sales, helping customers build wardrobes
-fun people to work with
-managers always taught how to do things
Great place to work if you need a flexible schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIApril 2, 2018
Store Manager is flexible in her scheduling, alternates weekend nights and will work with you and your availability
It’s a fun place to work, my coworkers care about me and my family. We are a family here and have each other’s backs
Room to become management if you want
Loved working with the customers, and doing visuals and putting new product out
Pros
Great family like atmosphere, great discount, flexibility
Cons
Hours can go up and down
Great place if you need something to stay busy
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHApril 2, 2018
The job was pretty fast paced when there were new floor sets and new shipments in. I liked the girls that worked with us. I would have liked to have more room for advancement. There are girls that have worked there for years as Asst. Manager, with no hope of advancing unless a store leader leaves.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
On your feet all day
An awesome company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NY 11042March 30, 2018
Dress Barn was one of the first companies to give me a start in managemrnt
Great Company to work for,lots of history on how company was founded
Excellent benefits!
Pros
Employee Discount
productive and enjoyable atmosphere
FASHION STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMarch 29, 2018
hardest part of this job is the lifting and bending of merchandise when freight is delivered. the most enjoyable of working at DB is working with the co-workers.
Pros
40% discounts
Cons
the labor
great
Personal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 27, 2018
great place. Love the staff and the management. Currently in review of rental contract but the store is a great place to be for retail position. Fun working with the customers
I enjoy working for the company
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2018
Good company to work for a day at work is good we work together as a team when it time to close when we all get together and work as a team that enjoyable part of the jod
Upper Management does not have a clue
Sales Stylist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 24, 2018
Co workers are great and store management team, wonderful. But the company is dying a slow death as upper management does not have a clue on who are customers are.
Pros
discount
Cons
no benefits for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight