Dressbarn Employee Review

Positive and uplifting job culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 12, 2014
Dressnbarn works toward making women feel beautiful and confident in their own skin and with the fashionable clothing they have. I learned a lot of leadership and communication skills as this was my first "manager" job. The store worked tremendously on teamwork and assuring to every employee (associate or manager) that their opinions matter and can make a difference. The store manager did a great job with encouraging and recognizing achievements.

Other Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Needs improvement
Dress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Square, NJMay 24, 2018
Dress barn is a nice store and the discount is good BUT the pay is horrible !! They want you to do so much for little pay ! Managers can be immature and unprofessional
Pros
The discounts
Cons
The pay sucks
Welcome to Dressbarn
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 23, 2018
Overall, my time at the specific Dressbarn that I worked at was a great and fun experience believe it or not. I enjoyed the people that I had been working with and they always helped me out whenever I needed it. All the employees were patient, caring and really left a positive impact on myself and the customers that came in everyday. Retail isn't the easiest field to work in, but we always tried to get the job done. Being a sales associate, typically I would greet customers and ask if they needed help finding anything in particular. I would constantly walk on the sales floor and fix the merchandise or anything that may seem out of place on tables and on clothing racks, assist anyone in the fitting rooms, put merchandise back on the sales floor, check customers out at the register and/or place online orders for them, etc. At times it can be stressful dealing with an array of different personalities when working with customers and understanding them. But, overall it was worth it for the customers that came in and that I was grateful enough to be friends with. I liked it, but the amount of work we'd do, didn't quite equal the amount we were getting paid for. The hardest thing was probably stocking new merchandise, since Corp, would send us many packages at once for a few weeks and then some days we would go without much to put out, which would be stressful at times. Other than that, it was a decent place to work.
Pros
Friendly environment, positive energy from people
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight