Drew University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Student worker in a lab
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 12, 2018
I worked in a lab and was able to learn a lot while having quite a bit of flexibility with my hours and days spent in the lab. I would highly recommend the experience to any student at Drew.
University Perks
Administrative Assistant to Stores Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ 07940May 9, 2018
I loved working at Drew University. Although the pay was low, I got to attend the Shakespeare plays for free and was allowed to attend one complimentary class per semester. Beautiful atmosphere and a great place to work. Close to bus and train lines.
Good school/work balance
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 12, 2018
Schedules are very flexible and coverage is always available. It is very easy to balance a job and schoolwork. The managers are always willing to help you.
Productive and highly enjoyable work place
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of walking in to a very lively and welcoming atmosphere with a team of dedicated professionals who all cared about our environment on a personal and professional level. Team-centric atmosphere allowed for a high level of productivity, and office personnel allowed for a very enjoyable day to day experience.
Managers are in need of psychiatric evaluation.....
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJNovember 17, 2017
Aramark will shove in any warm body just to get a contract at a facility.
They don't care who they get as long as they are breathing. They are all out to lunch.
They yell and scream, don't care about employees, are not qualified to be in management etc.
Contract facility maintenance is a scam because the university doesn't want to pay for good qualified mechanics so they hire these hooligans of the street.
Pros
Nice trees.
Cons
cut throat, unqualified managers.
very good school
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2017
this is an educational institution. There are several departments within this school, that help you obtain different medical degrees. It has a lot to offer and the staff is friendly.
Good benefits, bad top management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 28, 2017
A lot of the actual people I work with are great, specifically in my department. However, Administration is currently going through a total upheaval while trying to cut budgets. Aparently this means not replacing small time positions, and bringing in outsiders to leadership positions and paying them more.
Pros
lots of time off, good benefits
Cons
low salaries, no advancement
Eco Rep review
Eco Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 15, 2017
Great for any student interested in Environmental Studies. Great way to get students involved in creating a more sustainable environment. Flexible hours, everyone is nice to work with!
I loved helping this community
Head Research Liaison (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2017
We ran a program for Latino community and made a cartoon commercial for educational purposes. The combination of education and health was a win win situation for me
Pros
exciting new environment
Cons
seasonal
Employment Opportunities from School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 9, 2017
I worked in research laboratories in exchange for college credits and currently tutor psychology, neuroscience, statistics, chemistry, and Spanish in the Center for Academic excellence.
Pros
Excellent enviornment
Cons
Only open to students of Drew University
Beautiful Place to work
Head Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 8, 2017
Drew University is a great place to work because of the people and the beautiful campus and community. It's a high academic and welcoming place to be.
Very Intellectual Place
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 3, 2017
A great place but limited opportunities.
Currently hiring STEM professors.

A small private liberal arts college, with excellent student crowd. Currently undergoing administrative changes so an interesting growth environment.
sad and harmful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Complete lack of financial oversight, managerial competence, HR department, procedural documentation or training. Employees are miserable, devastatingly underpaid even after many years, all looking for a way out. No raises for several years followed by university-wide 2% increase. Financial insolvency, risk-management red flags, constant turnover, and under-served students all ignored by desperate leadership. Hands down the worst place I have ever worked. Don't even waste your time or your skills here.
Great Experience
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 17, 2016
Great people and work environment, and a very flexible schedule. Really enjoy working in this department and learning from this job.
Terrible place to work
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJSeptember 19, 2016
From my time there I saw many people talk behind others backs, and even heard people talk about me when they thought I couldn't hear. I had people lie both to my face and about me to others. Some people dress professionally others show up in sweats and show up late with no accountability.

Management is not connected to the workforce AT ALL. They constantly make terrible choices and act without knowing the full situation.

I wish I had more good to say, I really wanted to like working at Drew but unfortunately that just is not possible. Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else you will be much happier.
Pros
campus is pretty
Cons
Middle school girl "gossip, backstabbing, passive aggressive" atmosphere. Management is clueless.
Serious enviornment, straightforward responsibilities
Library Staff (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 12, 2016
I like this job, I am good at it, but it does happen that I go of book with my duties. I have had to provide muscle in lifting things, dealing with disorderly patrons, and I have even had to put out fires outside the library (there is a good story behind that).
Productive place and grow opportunity
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 1, 2016
Excellent place to work and learning community. I started on 2014 and I developed my professional skills and communication.
is this necessary?
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 13, 2016
Is this necessary because it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with applying to internships or other things that I am applying to
Disappointing
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Administrative OfficesJanuary 8, 2016
My experience with the higher administration was disappointing. No matter how hard you worked or how much time you put in it was not good enough! God forbid you make any kind of error with your work cause there are no second chances, they just make up excuses and let you go!!

Worst experience in my 20 plus years of working with administration, really poor leadership!!
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Watching the change in people
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJDecember 15, 2015
Working with the young adult is rewarding.
See them mature and become part of the worlds work force.
Not a big fan of the slow changes made to the staff workers.
Pros
Great benifites
Cons
No room for advancement