Drexel University College of Medicine Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2019
Management is not professional employee turn-over rate is high. The only thing good is the benefits. The work enviornment lacked. HR is hard to contact about any questions or situations experienced on the job.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, employees do not matter to Drexel.
Great place to intern
Bioinformatics Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2019
I was an intern in a lab here. I learned a majority of my basic programming skills here and so much more. I was an unpaid intern so I can't review any payment or benefits.
Clinical Intake Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2019
Typical day at Drexel University begins with clinic coverage of the office and which Medical Assistant assignments were created for that day, weather it clinical or Lab.
Pros
The Physicians and Clinical staff are approachable
Cons
Prior Authorizations are sometimes difficult to obtain
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2019
The work is carefully planned out and I knew exactly what needs to be done. There was room for advancement and I was technically and mentally challenged everyday.
Lack of Professionlism
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Infectious DiseaseOctober 14, 2018
Overall Drexel University was a great place to work, the College of Medicine, not so much.The downside was the lack of adminstrative professionalism and oversite. Advancement was limited, so there is constant turnover.
Pros
Colleagues, benefits, clients
Cons
Administration/Management
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2018
Drexel is a great place to work. I leaned a lot from working in the Infectious disease department. Drexel is an excellent company to work for. I would definately reccommend anyone to work for Drexel
Warm and friendly work environment
Clinical Observer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
Enjoyed my rotation under famous Gastroenterologists. Learned a lot during countless gastro invasive procedures.
Sisters were very kind and sweet.I would love to rotate there again.
no room for adancement
Patient Care Associate/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
I learned a-lot the years i was there. they where self taught.It was a good place to work. then after many years it was stressful. I would recommend it for people that just starting out.
Good company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2018
Benefits are great, always ready to assist with whatever is needed in and out of work to make sure you can be successful at work. Really recommend for anyone looking to go back to school.
Great Working Environment
Research Assistant/ Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2018
My supervisors were all extraordinarily helpful with helping me and my career. They were focused and kind. This was definitely a place for learning and growing.
Pros
Education
Cons
Pay
Loved it
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2018
I liked the job it was very good we did a lot of hands on things and thats what I loved the most and the staff was very friendly. I really loved it and would go back.
RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2018
Loved the people I worked for and with, but Administration not so much. Often understaffed. The organization seemed stagnant, with little desire to change.
Professional
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Competitive to apply to, but great environment especially for cancer-related research. Works in conjunction with other labs in the medical center of Philadelphia.
Typical work day
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Drexel Medicine (Ob/Gyn) afforded me an opportunity to participate directly in patient care. It also afforded me many learning opportunities with regard to women's health care.
Certified Medical Assistant/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
I had no issues with Drexel as a whole organization. Some managers were better than others. Depends on what department you are in. I was overall very happy there, in multiple departments.
Very Positive workplace among staff and Physicians
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2018
This is a great place to work. I enjoy the staff and working with the physicians and resident students assisting patients providing the best patient care.
Ducom work day
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2018
DUCOM= Drexel University College of Medicine

I work for the Cardiology/ Heart Failure and Endocrine Depts. This is a fast paced office that see 100 to 150 pts a day. I schedule pt, verify and pre-cert their insurance for any testing ordered by the Dr. There are 14 Cardiologist and 6 Endocrine Dr's, along with 2 Nuclear tech's 2 Echo tech's and 4 Nurse Practitioners. It's always busy in here and never a dull moment.
Great Employer
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Drexel is a great employer and does much for their employees. Also offers work/life balance flexibility which is a plus I feel valued here as a person.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
hierarchy (top heavy)
An excellent CoOp experience
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2017
I worked as a CoOp intern for the TIME group at the college of medicine. I was allowed to develop new web based tools to help the staff perform their duties, and also worked to create novel teaching tools. The staff are all friendly and I was able to grow during my time there.
Productive and allows for independent work while fostering a pleasing work environment.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2017
Wonderful and rewarding job! It was extremely flexible on time and I had the freedom to schedule review sessions and write them. It was a great opportunity!