Drexel University College of Medicine Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
no room for adancement
Patient Care Associate/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
I learned a-lot the years i was there. they where self taught.It was a good place to work. then after many years it was stressful. I would recommend it for people that just starting out.
Great Working Environment
Research Assistant/ Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2018
My supervisors were all extraordinarily helpful with helping me and my career. They were focused and kind. This was definitely a place for learning and growing.
Pros
Education
Cons
Pay
Loved it
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2018
I liked the job it was very good we did a lot of hands on things and thats what I loved the most and the staff was very friendly. I really loved it and would go back.
RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2018
Loved the people I worked for and with, but Administration not so much. Often understaffed. The organization seemed stagnant, with little desire to change.
Professional
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Competitive to apply to, but great environment especially for cancer-related research. Works in conjunction with other labs in the medical center of Philadelphia.
Typical work day
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Drexel Medicine (Ob/Gyn) afforded me an opportunity to participate directly in patient care. It also afforded me many learning opportunities with regard to women's health care.
Certified Medical Assistant/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
I had no issues with Drexel as a whole organization. Some managers were better than others. Depends on what department you are in. I was overall very happy there, in multiple departments.
Very Positive workplace among staff and Physicians
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2018
This is a great place to work. I enjoy the staff and working with the physicians and resident students assisting patients providing the best patient care.
Ducom work day
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2018
DUCOM= Drexel University College of Medicine

I work for the Cardiology/ Heart Failure and Endocrine Depts. This is a fast paced office that see 100 to 150 pts a day. I schedule pt, verify and pre-cert their insurance for any testing ordered by the Dr. There are 14 Cardiologist and 6 Endocrine Dr's, along with 2 Nuclear tech's 2 Echo tech's and 4 Nurse Practitioners. It's always busy in here and never a dull moment.
Great Employer
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Drexel is a great employer and does much for their employees. Also offers work/life balance flexibility which is a plus I feel valued here as a person.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
hierarchy (top heavy)
An excellent CoOp experience
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2017
I worked as a CoOp intern for the TIME group at the college of medicine. I was allowed to develop new web based tools to help the staff perform their duties, and also worked to create novel teaching tools. The staff are all friendly and I was able to grow during my time there.
Productive and allows for independent work while fostering a pleasing work environment.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2017
Wonderful and rewarding job! It was extremely flexible on time and I had the freedom to schedule review sessions and write them. It was a great opportunity!
great benefits
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
great benefits, good environment, parking is convenient but expensive. Tuition reimbursement for immediate family. Overall a nice place to work. Great location
Great Working Environment
Manager, Graduate Medical Education (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2017
I have worked at HUH for a little more than 7 years now and I have been very pleased with the opportunity for upward mobility. For a large hospital, HUH's culture is close knit.
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2017
I was able to learn a great deal about billing and coding policies and procedures along with strengthening my management and supervisory skills. Was able to work with a great group of doctors and coworkers
No place to go
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2017
Drexel has a really nice work life balance and if you're looking to get into college administration this could be the place for you so long as you never want to move up the ladder so to speak.
Pros
potentially free tuition
Cons
no raises or promotions
Hands on Experince
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2017
Consisted of work in laboratory that required basic knowledge of basic laboratory techniques. The experience required a lot of self taught knowledge that can be applicable in any lab.
Great work place
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2017
the work environment is good. The patients that come in and out the office are very polite. Office works with 7 doctors who are all friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job is mmeting great people and working with a great staff
Clinical/Administrative Medical Assistant Floater (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2017
I loved working for Drexel College of medicine. I gained a lot of experience working as a floater. Learning new thing everyday and add to my skills as a medical assistant.
Pros
Free lunches and Works appreciation day
Cons
Productive, stimulating wor k environment
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2017
I enjoy helping medical students develop their clinical skills.
The students and staff are appreciative of my dedication to detail and constructive feedback back.
My work as a Patient Instructor is valued.
Pros
Free Breakfast, lunch; flexible hours; supportive managment
Cons
Limited available hours