Drexel University
78Above average

Drexel University Employee Reviews

United States507 reviews
I was able to work at my own pace and they supported me in every way possible. I was able to complete my dissertation remotely after a brief hiatus from research.
I enjoyed working for Drexel. Working with students and faculty kept me challenged and energized. I highly recommend working there, especially if you want to continue your education, as classes are free for employees
Pros
Free coursework, family atmosphere
Cons
Difficult to get upper management to listen regarding financial matters
I personally didn't enjoy my time at Drexel. The faculty are not very nice, the only good thing was my immediate supervisor who gave me some encouragement. I would urge people to think twice before embarking on a research career with Drexel.
Pros
Some work can be done remotely
Cons
Horrible staff and management
There was a great bit of favoritism.
You can be in a Group and work hard with no reward.

leadership is always open to send you to training and development sessions.
Pay inequality is ridiculous at this university. Executives treat admins terribly, you get paid once a month in positions that financially can’t afford that.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
In my department the hours were not flexible. There was no option for remote work.

I enjoyed my duties. It was challenging and meaningful.

Overall management of departments was lacking experience.
I love working for Drexel. I've been at Drexel for 2.5 years. I moved into a new role and I love it. My manager is awesome! I'm able to take classes both online and in person at no charge. I just pay for my books or equipment that may be required for the class.
I was hired to direct a single program and was promoted to oversee an entire division. My experiences in the areas of education innovation, new program design, and implementation along with all aspects of the organization and business development were incredibly rewarding to me, as well as for the diverse University stakeholders.
The lack of academic and professional standards in the university's departments are alarmingly evident. Arbitrary grade assignment to students, teaching assistant overloading, sub-par lab cleanliness standards in multiple labs, a generally unenthusiastic faculty, and a culture of questionable data integrity, made the graduate experience at this university one which I would advise against.
I worked as a research intern, so I was an undergraduate student working with graduate students. I was quickly taken under their wing and encouraged to share my work and progress.
This is what I went to graduate school to become a clinical nurse educator so I know that I will like it once I start at the end of the month which is the spring term
I've been doing security for Drexel University for 6 yrs and I can say it has its pros and cons. But honestly its a real easy job. If you can come in on time and in your full uniform, and follow all the the rules, you wouldn't have to worry about anything.
It was a nice learning experience for me. The hardest part of my job was to understand the customer's requirements through a management team as many things were left in between the translation from the customer to the team and then to me.
Drexel was a fun and challenging job. The hours were standard business hours of eight to five. The comptroller was demanding but in a good way that challenge you mentally.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Drexel is very family orientated and understanding and flexible when it comes to family. It was a great learning experience. I value and appreciate the skills that was learned while working here.
This was a job on-campus for me while studying and I enjoyed every bit of it. It gave me the exposure on how to solve problems from the teacher's perspective and help me learn alot of things by way of teaching others.
I really love being a Student Ambassador. Getting to meet perspective families and tell them what Drexel University has to offer and why I love being a student here is such a joy of mine.
Pros
Great work place environment, exciting work
Muy buen ambiente laboral el personal....tango administrativo....como personal de mantenimiento....todos somos amigables....no hay discordia....los supervisorres.....son exelentes.....muy flexibles.y correctos
The typical day varies but it's never a dull moment. Each day brings new opportunities and challenges to engage our ever-growing alumni population. The organization is focused on growth and the potential is exciting.

Management is supportive of our work and personal lives. We work hard but play hard.
The job is a great job pays well its just management they will throw u under the bus to save them selves and they pick who the like more then others.
No structure and policy . If you don’t have a clique or have any connection in the upper management you’re not going to last long in your position. People who have been there for more than 10 years doesn’t know what they/re doing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drexel University. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.