Drexel University Employee Reviews

interesting
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2018
it was an interesting experience iv'e learned alot and will remember everything i learned there so far it was relaxing slow paced working place the supervisers work with you at times
Overall Good Place
ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Overall Drexel University is a good place to work. The particular college I worked for at the University could use a new way of thinking when it comes to how they handle students. However, Drexel has a great community and promotes within. Lots of areas to advance and move.
Great benefits, great boss
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2018
Working at Drexel does afford you with some great benefits, health insurance, 403b match, pto, etc. I am fortunate enough to have a great boss who is interested in helping me advance my career and allows me to have a good work life balance.
Pros
Great Benefits
Productive and fun place to work.
Supervisory Lead Security /Bike Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
Drexel University is a very nice college to work for. During my time working as a security officer. I gained so much experience, understanding, and knowledge working as a leader. The department has a lot of potential for growth. Very good communication and customer service skills with the community, students, staff and the faculties.
Pros
No Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Typical work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2018
Typical work environment. I have no special comments but valued the time and efforts of the establishment. I anticipate learning more in the days ahead.
Productive company with a strong mission
ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT, UNIVERSITY BUDGET OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Used to be a great place to work. In the last so many years they have experienced massive layoffs and there are no longer any raises. Wonderful benefit packages although they are reduced more and more yearly.
Pros
The mission
Cons
Very Short Staffed
Great place
Robotics & Mechatronics Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work. This is probably the 5th review I am required to write for this company. Great people, Great boss, nothing negative to say about it.
It all depeneds on the Supervisor
Senior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2018
Drexel University can be a wonderful place to work. However, it is all dependent on who your supervisors are. A great supervisor will make this place a dream. A not so wonderful supervisor will make you want to leave in no time.
Pros
Wonderful benefits and retriement benefits
worplace
Drexel IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
This was only a temporary summer job through the Philadelphia Youth Network, but I did not like it at all. I learned how to refurbish a computer, but other than that they didn't have much for me to do.
It was kind of a nightmare.
Reasearch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2018
Since I was balancing being a TA with trying to graduate, the effort of keeping up with everything was rather hectic and my GPA most definitely suffered. Teaching recitations was fun, and you got a lot of satisfaction from interacting with the students.
Pros
Free printer/copier access, access to extra facilities, respect from colleagues
Cons
Stress inducing beyond a reasonable doubt.
busy days work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2018
Maintained buildings throughout campus. kept grounds clean and maintained. organized groups to do team work for group events. hard place to work for..
benefits
Cons
union
Collegiate atmosphere
Program Administrator Contracts (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
Up until recently, I looked forward to each and every day coming to work. Drexel has given me the opportunity to learn so much more regarding the in's and out's of the preparation and negotiation of a clinical trial agreement. Previous positions did not give me total autonomy regarding the agreement. Until submission for signature, Drexel Contract Administrators are responsible for everything in the Agreement. In some cases this included the preparation and negotiation of a Non-Disclosure Agreement to the Clinical Trial Agreement (budget, ICF and in some cases the SIV). I found that in each and every agreement I was involved with not only did I learn new negotiation techniques; I also made new and important career contacts. While the job itself is stressful, the collegiate atmosphere, at least in my opinion, makes me look forward to coming to wrk.
Pros
Autonomy in the job
Cons
Recent change in immediate management techniques
Great place to teach
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
I currently work as an adjunct professor at Drexel. I am given complete control over what is taught in my course and how it is taught. My particular department trusts its adjunct to bring the most pertinent information from the field and deliver it to the students,
Good people, unreliable system
IMS Technical Specialist & Phone Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed working with my coworkers and the job wasn't horrible. The systems were constantly failing, so especially at the beginning and end of every class term there would be critical system failures. The office was small but it wasn't too much of a problem as the environment was comfortable. My only qualm was there was no possibility to advance past the part-time internship.
Good Job
Porter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
Good job for people who are fast learners, like to stay busy and like to work in fast paced environments. Car recommend if interested in the job. Requires traveling
Ok
Sourcing Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
At one time I enjoyed working for Drexel, once we hired the new AVP she started a limiting positions in my department. I worked at that University for 30 years and never had this happen to me.
Poor Leadership, but great people. The college-finances are declining.
Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2018
The people (workers) are great. Covering your butt is required. Over 300 positions elimitated in the past 2 years due to poor financial descisions and leadership. No merit increase in over 4 years except for executive leadership. Instead they give you time off to compensate for poor financial descisions. Morale is very low and knowing who you can trust is not easy. If you need a job and there is nothing else out there...I guess you have to consider, but steer clear until the current leadership is gone and financial situation is better. Drexel will be great again, but not under the current leadership and financial woes. Remember...they want you to think things are great. Make sure you ask questions and be sure to negotiate everything in writing.
Pros
Great people, compensation and benefits
Cons
Cut-throat leadership, poor finances and morale is a majority
Working at Drexel as an Undergraduate Teacher's Assistant was great
Undergraduate Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed every day as an undergraduate teacher's assistant. I was blessed enough to work for some amazing Professors and Teachers alike. My first year was a little confusing on what was expected of me but after that it was very simple. I could control the class room without interruption and had the benefit on understanding on how different people could view the same question and destruct it in different way but still receive the same answers. I would include and challenge the class on who could get a better solution. Most of the time I won but there was one occasion where a student had a better approach than I did.
I loved every minute of it.
Pros
Meeting and engaging with a vast group of people
Cons
I was an undergrad so I didn't receive benefits.
good
Adjunct Faculty-Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2018
I was an adjunct clinicl instructor. Worked mainly off-site and partnered hosptials with Nursing Students during clinical rotations, twice a week, average 8 hour days.
Management friendly
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2018
learned a lot about many different aspects of science and research. interacted with positive smart professors. eight hour work day. flexible hours, laid back