Drexel University Employee Reviews

Educational Experiences
Lab Manager, NACSS (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
If you love to interact with college students and love to learn it is great. Learning goes beyond classroom. Great management is key to your success. Moral has dropped since RCM model implemented but you have to look at the silver lining. Hardest part of job is to continue to do your job when moral is low and you don't feel valued by those who make important decisions. LOVE working with the students, the true purpose for my work.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedule/hours
Cons
RCM model
job was okay at the time
Dietary Clerk/Meal Prep Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2019
it was okay working there but did't injoy my self work was hard but not enught money so I did't like working there so I was looking for something that work's better for me
easy going
Magnetic Braking Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2018
As a teachers assistant at Drexel it was fairly easy going I was friends with my boss and got along well with the students. The pay was decent for the job.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 2, 2018
I learned how to be the bridge between students and the professor. I enjoyed giving a presentation for class. It has hard at times to consistently reply to emails, even during holidays and weekends but that comes with the flexibility of the position.
Pros
Great hours for students, work from home for the most part
Cons
Must be consistent with responding to emails and available
Best job I've ever had
Videographer, Printing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2018
I was just a co-op, but this was easily the best job i've ever had. The work environment was awesome, great pay and I learned alot about editing. 10/10
Pros
Great pay, great people
Decent Part Time Job if you are an underclassman
Audio Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2018
If you simply need pocket change, this is a decent gig as a Drexel student. Otherwise, you'll eventually become frustrated with the uneven hours, and want to find other work.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Multitasking and steady
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2018
This job is great for someone who is first starting out in the medical field. This job requires you to be able to multitask.It can be fast sometimes but for the most part it’s just steady
Adjuncts don't have a lot of benefits
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2018
I worked there a long time ago, but when I was there, I had to pay for my own parking. The school is located in the city so I had to get on campus early to find a meter and check it periodically during breaks in order to not get a ticket.
Pros
Great school to be associated with.
Cons
Tenure positions are few and far between
Drexel is a great place to work
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2018
As a co-op, I was working at the School of Engineering’s IT department as a help desk operator. I gained valuable IT experience and learned so much from all the IT professionals working there
There is no light at the end of the tunnel
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2018
Pros

Nice team culture

Cons

There's no diversity and they're not very open minded about that.
There's no advancement-you basically stay where you are and you don't grow.
There's no work life balance.
Salaries are not so great.
Educational Benefits
Assistant Director, Advising (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2018
Productive place to work and learn. Educational values are high for employees. Employees can earn a Bachelor's Degree free. Master's Degree you get 5200 a year. There are no tuition benefits for the Doctoral Degree
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Layoffs and cutbacks, promotions and raises are not consistent
Great Expectations
Computer Operator III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2018
Had a great run climbing the proverbial corporate ladder. Ended a bit prematurely perhaps for reasons unknown. Returning to work at Drexel was a great decision non-the-less as I met my wife while employed there.
Great place to work for
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2018
Great place to work for, sadly it was a temporary assignment. Faced paced, great environment managers were very helpful, everyone was treated with respect
busy environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2018
Safety measures with area for staff and drexel students, at parties, events, parks, library, buildings, living area, secure and patrol area, work as a team.
Pros
pay for lunch
Cons
moderate lunch breaks
Great place to be an SP
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2018
This is a world class simulation environment. They welcome creativity as well as ingenuity. The managers are also a good reason to work here. If there is a problem they are understanding and authoritative. They listen and instruct with fairness in mind.
Great place
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
Drexel University is a great place for students. I learned a lot here. Professors are patient. Some classes are hard, you need to spend much time on them.
interesting
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2018
it was an interesting experience iv'e learned alot and will remember everything i learned there so far it was relaxing slow paced working place the supervisers work with you at times
Overall Good Place
ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Overall Drexel University is a good place to work. The particular college I worked for at the University could use a new way of thinking when it comes to how they handle students. However, Drexel has a great community and promotes within. Lots of areas to advance and move.
Great benefits, great boss
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2018
Working at Drexel does afford you with some great benefits, health insurance, 403b match, pto, etc. I am fortunate enough to have a great boss who is interested in helping me advance my career and allows me to have a good work life balance.
Pros
Great Benefits
Productive and fun place to work.
Supervisory Lead Security /Bike Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
Drexel University is a very nice college to work for. During my time working as a security officer. I gained so much experience, understanding, and knowledge working as a leader. The department has a lot of potential for growth. Very good communication and customer service skills with the community, students, staff and the faculties.
Pros
No Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks