Driscoll Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great system, boss wasn't great
Gift Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 9, 2018
I absolutely loved working for this system because it was such a great environment but me and the boss at the time did not get along. Definitely gave me customer service experience and how to handle coworker troubles i a professional way.
Quick paced
Social Work Internship (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 1, 2018
Hostile environment. Did not enjoy interning there. Was treated unfair and the workers were rude. I did learn many social work skills there but management was a problem.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Short breaks, unfair management, hostile
My First real job
Unit Clerk, Unit Manager, Storeroom Tech (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 10, 2018
Working at this hospital taught me a lot. They trained me to work as a Unit Clerk. I received all my experience here. I learned a lot and enjoyed working with everyone. It was a great first job.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Pay was poor
A great place to work for.
Medical Assistant, Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2018
I learned a lot working for a Cardiology office. I took vital's and medical history using the EMR system. I also did administrative duties. I got to travel to regional areas with doctors and staff. Everyone is very friendly
Pros
enjoyed working with very friendly staff.
Cons
Not enough parking for staff.
I liked my job but I was harrassed for a very long time
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 30, 2018
I loved working with the children, many of the nurses were kind. However, there were little clicks like high school bullies. And this was allowed and never addressed as a real problem. So the problems and harassment continued.
Pros
Children are great, pay is good, benefits are good
Cons
Management is horrible, staff need further training on how to be civil with one another
Many good Benefits not Normally provided by Companies in Workplace
Director/Manager of Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411April 16, 2018
Good Benefits and Praise by community and out lying areas for their contributions to the Health for Children. Politics were to much in control at times and recognition was lacking to all of their employees.
Pros
discounts on local businesses, occasional company wide celebrations
Cons
long hours. not recognized or even realized
exciting & fun workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 23, 2018
It a wonderful fulfilling experience to see the awesomeness of seeing kids in such a scary situation get such amazing care on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye when they finally get to go home. The management you can tell really care and respect their employees.
faced paced always wanting more
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 30, 2018
never gives any compliments have there favorites and willing to nit pick on small things and we are unable to talk to top management not even to say high
Very Generous and Caring Company
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Driscoll Children's Hospital is an absolutely wonderful company to work for. They truly want to see you succeed. The right management is in place with great work ethics and bennefits!
Pros
Excellent Supervisors are in place
Cons
Nothing negative about this company.
great
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 18, 2018
nice job and great benefits it was a fast paced job I enjoyed the atmosphere I had fun and great coworkers caring family and friends. I would recommend people to apply and work at dch. everyone treats you like family
Great Place to Work
Microcomputer Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 15, 2018
The success of the organization was a collaborative effort. Keeping up with project deadlines and ensuring that each team gave their best provided our hospital the opportunity to provide the best care for our patients. If you an innovative work environment, Driscoll Children's Hospital is the place you want to work at.
Pros
Wonderful work environment, great team morale.
Cons
Long hours and working on holidays.
wonderful clinic available for working families
LVN _WIC clinic (mobile unit) (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 5, 2018
women infant and children program offered access to nutrition counseling for women. Their children could have vaccines or get a referral to dental providers, Early childhood intervention.
Great learning experience
Intern in the Professional Development Department (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 29, 2017
I learned so much from being an intern here. I assisted in certification classes for health care providers and was in charge of researching different programs to see what would be best suited for Driscoll. My preceptor trusted me with a large amount of responsibilities and the staff was so helpful in assisting me with my research. The hardest part of my job was finding specific information for my project. The most enjoyable part was presenting my suggestion for Driscoll to the department head. The suggestion ended up being implemented which was so rewarding.
Best Job to Work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 19, 2017
Simply, the best employment facility to work at. The educators are phenomenal, at on job training, the staff throughout the facility are warm and friendly, but most of all, EVERYONE focus on the the priority: Providing Care & Comfort for the Children.
Pros
Working with kids
Fun job
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 26, 2017
Helped in the OR, prepping pts. for surgery and anesthesia. Stocked equipment, ordered supplies, helped doctors, and other medical staff. Was very fast paced at times but loved working with the patients.
Pros
Working with the patients
Excellent Place to Work
Clinical Researcher (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 17, 2017
Thsi is an excellent place to work. I would highly recommend them. Great work-life balance, supportive management, autonomy offered to those who were credentialed, low office politics.
Good work environment, high turn around, fun co workers
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 1, 2017
walk in facility, number of patients daily ranged from 30-100. Supervisor & manager were lenient and friendly. Co workers were awesome, everyone got along. Hardest part of the job was dealing with immature parents and guardians. Great environment but hospital protocols kept changing every few months, so it got a little annoying having to change your daily routine.
Pros
great co workers, minimal supervision, great insurance benefits
Cons
short breaks, no room for advancement unless you have a nursing degree
Fast pace transport team in South Texas
Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 29, 2017
The best part of working on a transport team was helping our patient get to the hosptial safe. Hardest part of the job is having a patient pass away. Great Team work.
Great Place to Work!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 28, 2017
Staff was incredible. Loved working there. It's basically another town with so many people. Cafeteria food is superb and it's just an all around amazing place to work!
I loved working at Driscoll. I left due medical reasons.
Central Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 10, 2017
Driscoll is a great place to work. I enjoyed working with friendly co-workers. Driscoll has great benefits. Driscoll cares about it's employees and patients.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
N/a