Drive Rite Academy

Drive Rite Academy Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

Brooklyn, NY10 reviews

A workplace which provides opportunity, flexibility and a culture of success

Joined the company back in 2015 and worked at the Flatbush and Dean St. offices, and currently in an online office/remote capacity. Hands down, the premier driving school in Brooklyn. An excellent management/customer service team in place which deals with a challenging clientele effectively and professionally. Ownership and management are both flexible when dealing with employees/contractors. Regular bonuses/incentive pay are provided, as are team building meetings/lunches. The offices are located in convenient locations and provide the latest technological/office amenities for clients and staff.

Great experience for those looking to work for a small business

I really enjoyed my time working at DriveRite Academy. I felt the work I was doing was meaningful and interesting, It was a great experience to learn how to interact with customers on a daily basis and I felt supported while learning how to do so.

Drive Rite Academy insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Working for drive rite academy was a nice experience because it allowed me to use all of my skills, as a driver, coach, and a motivator.

Working for drive rite was a wonderful experience as it allowed me to calm students nerves and for them to focus on their ability to drive their automobile in a safe manner.Also let allow themselves to bring that confidence of driving to the road test, to show what they have learned at drive rite academy.

Pros

Allow me to use my customer service, allows me to be patient with drivers who are unsure of themselves, and allows to to teach and lead by example.

Cons

If not found a con in drive rite academy.

Great, productive, and encouraging environment with a team that achieves goals and helps one another.

I have been an instructor with Drive Rite after leaving military service and have been extremely satisfied with the pace and flow of the school. Primarily it is a reliable team of people with integrity and purpose.

Pros

Time flexibility

Cons

City traffic can delay instructing

One of The Top 10 Driving Schools In NYCVery Flexible, Friendly & Fun Working Environment!

I am Retired & I’m a present instructor at DriveRite & I’ve been working here since 2018. I really like working here because it’s perfect for me. I’m practically my own boss. My days & hours are very flexible & if I need to stay away for what-ever reason or time needed, my job is still here for me! The pay is better then other Driving schools. I get along with the owners, managers, supervisor, staff & all other instructors. We all work like a team & help one another to keep the company running as smooth as possible. We have New cars & 3 locations to work from. I’m proud to be part of the DriveRite Academy team & we all help in making this company grow so we can grow with them & “Reek The Benefits” So before you go to any of the other Driving Schools Give Us A Try, & you’ll see for yourself, you made the right choice!

Pros

Diversified, Flexible, Good Pay, Free Coffee & Bagels plus snacks & refreshments. Clean work place, Owners are respectful and easy to talk too, full work schedule F/T or P/T 7 Days 7a - 9p

Great job opportunity, amazing coworkers. Management is open to hearing new ideas and feedback.

Great place to work, management is very supportive and always hears you out. Coworkers are amazing and willing to help. Always making great relationships with students which makes you feel at home. Pay is great and owners are very hands on as well.

Pros

Benefits and bonuses.

Office manager

Great place to work. Ownership is very hands on and will actually listen to feedback to change procedures to make sure we are able to work more efficiently and effectively. Very fair compensation and there are also monthly bonuses based on performance.

Pros

Attentive upper management

Clean cars, busy school, nice working conditions

Being a driving instructor for Drive Rite is a great experience. I have worked for another driving school before and they would give me a bad schedule with many gaps throughout the day. That is never the case at Drive Rite. My schedule is always nice and full so I never waste time doing nothing. I am able to earn decent wages. Management and office staff is supportive.

Drive Rite Academy is a great place to work. The environment is very supportive. I love my co-workers and team. Everyone works together to accomplish our goals and do our job. The office is very clean and modern. I learned how to provide great customer service. Some situations may be challenging but we got through it as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is fulfilling, and I love seeing the students smiling faces when they pass their road test. It makes me feel proud to work for Drive Rite.

Pros

great staff, awesome office

Cons

sometimes there are difficult situations

Productive and very encouraging

I love working at Drive rite academy. I've learned so much and have so much flexibility with my hours since this is my second job. My Manager is very fair and very much encouraging for his staff to get certified and move up in there field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drive Rite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits