Driveline Retail Merchandising

Driveline Retail Merchandising Employee Reviews

United States1,114 reviews

Found 1,114 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,121 reviews
resetmerchandisingmerchandisermileagestoreplanogramsdmproject

Great company to work for

Great field support. The scenery changes and so does the work. never boring.

Very Flexible Schedule

Very supportive management. Excellent communication. Very good work instructions. Easy online report forms. The pay could be better but overall, this an excellent company to work for.

Driveline Retail Merchandising insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

This job keeps you on your toes and will have you thinking creatively to accomplish goals.

Overall my experience working with Driveline was pleasant. At times the work was very ohysically demanding but I really enjoyed the freedom of being able to make my own work schedule for the most part. Some jobs could not be moved and that's understandable.

Flexible schedule and flexible hours

Pay sucks. I know a few people who have been employed for over 4 years. A 50 cent raise is all they have received. The schedule and hours are very flexible.

My personal opinion

I’ve been with the company for a couple years. They constantly change management . Upper management , meaning district and regional management is terrible . What I mean by this is , they treat you poorly . I’ve had my regular stores taken off my schedule and random work 45 minutes to an hr away added . They don’t acknowledge that , and then complain and get an attitude when you speak up . If I have stores that I am the rep for , you shouldn’t be removing work and messing around . I’ve also picked up extra work with no gratitude given to me . Instead the minute you tell them you won’t pick up a couple hours of work 45 minutes away they get an attitude about. The stores I am the rep for are what is my responsibility , but then they’ll take off your regular stores and attempt to add stores further away that don’t get serviced without asking you . I’ve had them mess up the scheduling and then get mad work doesn’t get done . If it’s not on my schedule how am I supposed to do it .. it’s their fault

Pros

Idk

Cons

Verbal abuse

Good for starting off in retail merchandising

This was my first retail merchandising job and they didn't really give me any formal training or anything just kinda threw me to the wolves and a big work load for the week. But I quickly got the hang of it and my supervisor was very helpful.

Poor company

There is no communication with upper management. The pay and hours aren't there. They don't care about there merchandisers. They have reps that falsely report work. They only good thing is you make your schedule.

Solid Company

Major Problems with management they don’t get paid fairly coming from a regular worker I mean the pay is SOLID but this company doesn’t give raises EVER people so in other words no room for advancement Managers don’t care whatsoever the drama tempts or driveline people create which creates a very toxic environment nothing is squashed or handled also it’s like HIGH SCHOOL you got certain clicks sometimes Favoritism is CLEAR among some managers cool with those clicks there isn’t much work to give if you’re wanting to work YEAR ROUND they lost all the remodel stores for Dollar Generals in 2022 and apparently could be losing Walmarts as well which will make getting work even more inconsistent !!

Pros

Solid Pay, Drive Time Covered over 30 Miles, Food Reimbursement, Hotel Paid For

Cons

Bad Management for the MOST PART, Toxic People, No Advancement for pay, Managers make 100$ more that’s it.

Flexible scheduling

I have been with Driveline for 2 yrs I love my job I set my own schedule the dm are very helpful and will help you when you don't have a lot of work it does slow from time to time but they are helpful and fair I love it here at Driveline!

Pros

Work around your schedule

Cons

Not steady work all of the time not enough hours

Great flexibility-low pay

Driveline offers 100% flexibility with scheduling. I am able to attend all family/child functions and college. I work independently from all management. I have jobs to complete weekly and can do them from open-close store hours as I see fit. There is the occasional exception with a planned job, but those are rare and planned out 2 weeks in advance. There is an open work list to pick up extra hours. You are given a gas allowance between jobs, but not to your first or to get home from the last. The pay is just above minimum wage and counted per job in the form of minutes. Some jobs only pay 15 minutes. The only plus side to this is that you can plan those jobs with larger jobs so they aren’t a total waste of gas, but sometimes this isn’t possible. There is almost no training or guidance from above, so if you don’t have merchandising experience it may be hard in the beginning.

Flexible

Great if you like to make your own schedule . Very easy very laid back. Must know about planograms, resets, and how to handle merchandise. Communication is key

Fun work but pay isn’t great

I love the work here. Doing resets is actually fun and I love making things look good, but the pay is not great for the work you do. I love my manager and have no problem getting extra work when needed if I travel to different areas. Setting my own hours is a big plus too.

Fast Paced low pay

There is no work life balance when it comes to working here. They push and threaten you to complete work as fast as you can with no regard for you. District Managers are said to be the most important position in the company however are treated the worst. On call 24x7 with the expectation you will always reply. Your personal time is not a thing. Results are all that matter no matter how you get them, unless it costs to much. Work culture is horrible.

Pros

Cons

Work load, culture, pay

Flexible Scheduling

If u like to travel and have flexibility this is a good job for that, however the pay is no where near enough and neither is the mileage travel pay. U cannot get over time unless u work in a store that is opening up. Pay is 10.50 hr and the mileage is somewhere between 15 and 25 cent idk what I even get for it. Supposedly they gave 10 cent raise on mileage but mileage is calculated from post office to post office which is less than the actual mile. Also large jobs are split into a 2 person team and the minutes calculated to do this job are split between those 2 persons so example lets say the job is estimated to be 12 hrs u finiah be fore the 12 hr time frame u still get the 12 hrs however , if u have a team it gets divided up to me they are getting a two for the price of one labor and those two people are actually making 5.25 hr when u do the math. The only way to make money is if u complete the projects on your own. U start out part time but i have yet to get a paycheck for 80 hrs of work. They pay every two weeks, they do have and early pay app called RAIN it is ok to use but sometimes hrs reported for work dont match and it gets rejected. Ok for supplementing ur income , they have busy times then they have slow times. Alot of wear and tare on your vehicle sometimes assignments are too far out of the way and not worth the travel or pay. Jobs are calculated by minutes if u worked a project that was 240 min that is 4 hrs of work. Divide ur total number of minutes by 60 to get ur hours. Cant turn in more than 13.5 hrs daily and u can only turn in 10 hrs to rain daily but u will -

Flexible, but workload can get heavy

Very flexible position. You get to set your own schedule. Pay rate is decent/good but you are paid for an estimated time and you have to be fast to do the job in the allotted time, or you have to let details go. The stores are often not in condition that would speed your work (spills/sticky shelves, incorrectly placed items, shelves in wrong spots) meaning you have to take time to fix or your work looks bad. Need retail experience because there isn't much training.

Pros

Flexible schedule, fairly easy work, can self-assign extra projects to earn more

Cons

Seasonally very heavy workload, minimal training, work often exceeds time allowed

Productive work space.

Not much to say. Pay is horrible but the work environment is best. No micro management. No meetings and the other easy to work with. Self starter so can balance work and home life.

Pros

No micromanaging

Cons

Pay.

Na

No guidance or team work from management. No return calls for questions or follow up on issues. Non caring company about death or emergencies. Easy money to be made work not overly difficult if you can read planograms.

Pros

Easy money

Cons

Bad management

No loyalty to employees

Management does not stand behind their employees and does not rally further for raises or advancement. They build you up with all this talk of taking on extra projects so when your anniversary date comes you will receive raise recommendation and be considered for advancement. All lies!!! After 3 years of working 30-50 hour weeks going above and beyond for district manager I was given a lousy .30 cent raise and was told I wasn't being considered to move up. They work you like a dog and no life -work balance at all.

Pros

The store relations I developed

Cons

No raises and every weekend had to work

Wonderful!

I enjoy everything about Driveline. I've been working for the company for 2 months, and this job is my only source of income, but I'm happy and content.

It’s a means to an end.

It’s easy to get hired but not easy to get a raise. There is either really easy work that can be finished in an hour or really hard labor intensive work that takes about 2 days to complete. The jobs are really easy to follow if you have training working at Stores already but if you have never worked at a store before and complete planograms then you’re kind of S.O.L. I haven’t received a raise in the two, almost 3 years that I’ve been working there and it just doesn’t seem worth the hassle because they also don’t pay for gas replenishment unless you are traveling far for an assignment.

Pros

Time schedule for work completion, Work by myself, easy tasks sometimes, unlimited breaks/lunch times, all virtual.

Cons

Minimal pay, Ill advised management, poor communication, sometimes labor intensive work, work accidents with minimal compensation . Many other things.

Terrible

No one ever responds. Everyone is very disorganized. Management never has a clue on anything. Can’t get people to stay cause of their disorganization!

Pros

Own scheduke

Cons

Never enough work and no one responds

Common questions about Driveline Retail Merchandising

Answered by current and former employees at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driveline Retail Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Driveline Retail Merchandising.
Powered byComparably