Driveline Retail Merchandising

United States1,118 reviews

Clear
2.5Pay & Benefits

Found 524 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,125 reviews

It's a great job but bad at the same time

It's a great job but bad at the same time. You get to make your own hours kinda. But you only get so many hours unless you fight for them. By fight for them you have to stay on your people to get your more or less whatever you want

Pros

Your own hours

Cons

Not enough hours

unorganized and unreliable

the pay is per project not per hour and no gas compensation (even though it requires your personal car). I would beg for more work to earn more but it was not available or too far to make any profit. Some times I spent more in gas than I earned form the project.

Driveline Retail Merchandising insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Just Another Job

For my review, all I'm going to say is... it's a good job for learning some retail experience in different areas and you get to meet some great people ..

Pros

Time/Days of your likings

Cons

No pay increase

Flexible schedule and flexible hours

Pay sucks. I know a few people who have been employed for over 4 years. A 50 cent raise is all they have received. The schedule and hours are very flexible.

Poor company

There is no communication with upper management. The pay and hours aren't there. They don't care about there merchandisers. They have reps that falsely report work. They only good thing is you make your schedule.

Solid Company

Major Problems with management they don’t get paid fairly coming from a regular worker I mean the pay is SOLID but this company doesn’t give raises EVER people so in other words no room for advancement Managers don’t care whatsoever the drama tempts or driveline people create which creates a very toxic environment nothing is squashed or handled also it’s like HIGH SCHOOL you got certain clicks sometimes Favoritism is CLEAR among some managers cool with those clicks there isn’t much work to give if you’re wanting to work YEAR ROUND they lost all the remodel stores for Dollar Generals in 2022 and apparently could be losing Walmarts as well which will make getting work even more inconsistent !!

Pros

Solid Pay, Drive Time Covered over 30 Miles, Food Reimbursement, Hotel Paid For

Cons

Bad Management for the MOST PART, Toxic People, No Advancement for pay, Managers make 100$ more that’s it.

Flexible scheduling

I have been with Driveline for 2 yrs I love my job I set my own schedule the dm are very helpful and will help you when you don't have a lot of work it does slow from time to time but they are helpful and fair I love it here at Driveline!

Pros

Work around your schedule

Cons

Not steady work all of the time not enough hours

Great flexibility-low pay

Driveline offers 100% flexibility with scheduling. I am able to attend all family/child functions and college. I work independently from all management. I have jobs to complete weekly and can do them from open-close store hours as I see fit. There is the occasional exception with a planned job, but those are rare and planned out 2 weeks in advance. There is an open work list to pick up extra hours. You are given a gas allowance between jobs, but not to your first or to get home from the last. The pay is just above minimum wage and counted per job in the form of minutes. Some jobs only pay 15 minutes. The only plus side to this is that you can plan those jobs with larger jobs so they aren’t a total waste of gas, but sometimes this isn’t possible. There is almost no training or guidance from above, so if you don’t have merchandising experience it may be hard in the beginning.

Flexible Scheduling

If u like to travel and have flexibility this is a good job for that, however the pay is no where near enough and neither is the mileage travel pay. U cannot get over time unless u work in a store that is opening up. Pay is 10.50 hr and the mileage is somewhere between 15 and 25 cent idk what I even get for it. Supposedly they gave 10 cent raise on mileage but mileage is calculated from post office to post office which is less than the actual mile. Also large jobs are split into a 2 person team and the minutes calculated to do this job are split between those 2 persons so example lets say the job is estimated to be 12 hrs u finiah be fore the 12 hr time frame u still get the 12 hrs however , if u have a team it gets divided up to me they are getting a two for the price of one labor and those two people are actually making 5.25 hr when u do the math. The only way to make money is if u complete the projects on your own. U start out part time but i have yet to get a paycheck for 80 hrs of work. They pay every two weeks, they do have and early pay app called RAIN it is ok to use but sometimes hrs reported for work dont match and it gets rejected. Ok for supplementing ur income , they have busy times then they have slow times. Alot of wear and tare on your vehicle sometimes assignments are too far out of the way and not worth the travel or pay. Jobs are calculated by minutes if u worked a project that was 240 min that is 4 hrs of work. Divide ur total number of minutes by 60 to get ur hours. Cant turn in more than 13.5 hrs daily and u can only turn in 10 hrs to rain daily but u will -

Flexible, but workload can get heavy

Very flexible position. You get to set your own schedule. Pay rate is decent/good but you are paid for an estimated time and you have to be fast to do the job in the allotted time, or you have to let details go. The stores are often not in condition that would speed your work (spills/sticky shelves, incorrectly placed items, shelves in wrong spots) meaning you have to take time to fix or your work looks bad. Need retail experience because there isn't much training.

Pros

Flexible schedule, fairly easy work, can self-assign extra projects to earn more

Cons

Seasonally very heavy workload, minimal training, work often exceeds time allowed

Productive work space.

Not much to say. Pay is horrible but the work environment is best. No micro management. No meetings and the other easy to work with. Self starter so can balance work and home life.

Pros

No micromanaging

Cons

Pay.

No loyalty to employees

Management does not stand behind their employees and does not rally further for raises or advancement. They build you up with all this talk of taking on extra projects so when your anniversary date comes you will receive raise recommendation and be considered for advancement. All lies!!! After 3 years of working 30-50 hour weeks going above and beyond for district manager I was given a lousy .30 cent raise and was told I wasn't being considered to move up. They work you like a dog and no life -work balance at all.

Pros

The store relations I developed

Cons

No raises and every weekend had to work

Wonderful!

I enjoy everything about Driveline. I've been working for the company for 2 months, and this job is my only source of income, but I'm happy and content.

It’s a means to an end.

It’s easy to get hired but not easy to get a raise. There is either really easy work that can be finished in an hour or really hard labor intensive work that takes about 2 days to complete. The jobs are really easy to follow if you have training working at Stores already but if you have never worked at a store before and complete planograms then you’re kind of S.O.L. I haven’t received a raise in the two, almost 3 years that I’ve been working there and it just doesn’t seem worth the hassle because they also don’t pay for gas replenishment unless you are traveling far for an assignment.

Pros

Time schedule for work completion, Work by myself, easy tasks sometimes, unlimited breaks/lunch times, all virtual.

Cons

Minimal pay, Ill advised management, poor communication, sometimes labor intensive work, work accidents with minimal compensation . Many other things.

Not worth it.

I’ve been at the company for almost seven months and it has been a tight several months. As far as scheduling-you do have the ability to work when you want. Outside of that, there is no gas compensation and a lot of the dollar general managers you have to work with are rude and try to micromanage you because they seem to hate this company. And should you ever have issues with a store’s treatment of you and try to talk with your supervisor about it-they are just gonna cut your hours-which are few to begin with. A lot of the jobs are just an hour here or there-so you have to drive all over the place to even make anything-and most of that is just gonna go right back into your gas tank because they do NOT reimburse you for gas. Also-while it says $10 per hour-it’s really per project. And some of these projects don’t give you enough time to complete it. So it’s really more like $5 an hour. And should you get a manager that’s petty-they can make you go back to the store for something trivial and you will NOT get paid for it. Don’t waste your time.

Great job

Great management. Great job just doesn’t pay that great or give good gas mileage. It would be nice if they pay more for gas and an hour. So I like the job.

Flexible

Very low pay for the amount of work. Poor training. Couple hours and thrown out on your own. Job isn’t consistent. 20 hours - 40 hours per check(2 weeks) next you might get 9-15. Now way can one survive of this job with the cost of living today. Way underpaid

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not enough consistent work, poor training

Low pay for the responsibilities

Too many responsibilities and low pay. Little variety. All Dollar Generals. Part time, poor management, little travel pay. No variety in duties..

Very flexible, bad pay, poor management

Good for extra money, parents needing flexibility. Bad pay, some hire in at more than current employees make. Poor communication poor management, especially between driveline and dg. Disorganized.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Bad pay, poor management, disorganized company

Ok

Stress to the max. No body care about u. Dollar general is not a good drive line merchandise. Everything is forever where. Not enough time to get all the job and another job.

Long time employee unfair pay compensation.

I love the flexibility of being a merchandiser. I love the work that I do and being proud of my finished projects. But after working with this company for about 10 years, I’m finding out that I make very minimum pay. They hire new people above what I currently make. I do not get a raise or a pay increase to be competitive with new hires. I do a very good job, I’m thorough, I have no complaints from my stores. Overall, I feel that I’m a great merchandiser and my stores would also agree. I’m just very under paid for the great job that I do.

Pros

Very flexible schedule and lots of work.

Cons

Low pay for long term existing employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driveline Retail Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Driveline Retail Merchandising.
Powered byComparably