Driven Brands Employee Reviews

Chaotic company with little or no mentoring and a cutthroat competitive environment
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2018
When I worked at Driven Brands, the company was growing faster than it could keep up with. As a result, many employees got left behind. There was little or no training available, as everyone scrambled just to keep up with the growth level. The compensation was higher than average as a result. It wasn't uncommon for employees to be abruptly dismissed with no warning signs and no explanation.
Feels like a bad dream and then it gets worse
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2018
The upper management is disturbing. The infighting is at a cut throat level that makes Game of Thrones feel timid. They under pay and over work you. Bonuses and raises haven’t been given in 3 years. They are hemorrhaging cash and have negative growth. The good have left and are leaving. What is left behind are the franchisees who aren’t making enough to pay their dues. It’s a shameful place.
Pros
Paycheck never bounced but sometime were delayed
Cons
Terrible Company (Maaco Operations)
Ops (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Do Not waste your time working here....layoffs for no reason are constant. Maaco Managers are clueless. No vision or communication at all. They try to sell franchises to people but most of what they sell is well past its peak. Who paints cars these days?? Plenty of people lost everything.
Pros
Easy place to just get by, do nothing.
Cons
Real lack of vision. (Maaco)
Strong people and leadership
Resale Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2018
The people that worked there really understood me and what my goals were. Management was understanding and tried hard to believe in its employees and their dreams.
Don't go there
Advertising Fund Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Any review you read that are positive are either because HR coerced the employee into posting it or HR posted it themselves. It is a horrible environment with horrible management. the HR team has zero actual HR experience or education.
Not willing to share at this time
Sr. Manager of Fleet Accounts (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2018
At this time i am not open to discussing and having my review published on an online platform. It is a bit ridiculous that this is a mandatory part of the criteria and a waste of time.
No Leadership or Communication
Operations Maaco (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2017
Lots of laying off and turn over. Lack of communication. I was assigned to Maaco Operations. Managers and VP's that seem lost and they just keep mumbling the same business buzz words (think outside the box, cadence, KPI, etc lol) hoping nobody notices they are clueless.
Pros
Benefits OK
Cons
They have no education for employees.
na
Regional Account Manager, DFW (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Turnover rate is high and expectations are scattered. They only care about certain brands. They are not efficiently utilizing a company's acquisitions and instead are going the cheap route and charging more to boost profit even though it is already profitable and on an upward slope.
Cons
Driven brands appear to be trustworthy - beware they are not
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2017
Driven Brands is a stepping stone kind of place. Do not take this place serious. They fire, lay off, even when you are doing a great job, it's based on "who" looks better for the company. They promote your title, but not your salary. BEWARE.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Liars for Managers, Unloyal brands, Bewildered Upper Managment, No Direction
rude people
Inventory Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2017
everyones attitude was so unruly. made it very uncomfortable to work there. no one ever worked together as a team. Everthing was a competition. Made it hard as well to look to others for any type of help or advancement within the company.
benefits
Cons
people
I would work here again
Invoice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2017
I dont like working side by side like when you watch those movies of where they have a table full of telephones and they ring like crazy. Also lots of drama with the women.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work environment
this is a very hostile work enviroment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2017
this is a very hostile environment. managers are known to yell at subordinates even though they are proven wrong but do not apologize. They currently have a new CEO who is trying to make changes. If they do not weed out the long term employees who have done nothing to earn their titles there will not be any improvements
Pros
Cons
work place i have ever worked
Lots of great experience with a fast pace environment
Maaco Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2017
There is a lot of projects that you are responsible for and it helped me to learn a tremendous amount in just a year and a half at the company. My first couple of months was an easy transition as I was able to take on more responsibility.
Great company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2017
I worked with Driven as a consultant but was always treated as a full member of the team. Driven is an employee-focused company that understands the importance of a proper work/life balance.
Awesome place to work
Temporary Receptionist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2017
It was a great place to work! There were mornings were we got free fruit or bagels for breakfast. Also got a free gym membership and great benefits. Not only were the perks great, but the people you work with are pretty awesome too!
Pros
Free lunch, gym membership, great benefits
Cons
Long work day, unhappy customers
Working for Driven Brands.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2016
I enjoyed my job. I would talk with customers most of the day doing desktop and miner network problems. I had to be at work at 0730 and was always at least 10 to 15 min early. The CEO of Meineke was a wonder full person and enjoyed his employee's.
Senior Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2015
Love the company worked their 5 years and they were very good to me. Loved my job and most of the people. M mt is good lots of gossip from the people on the floor and mgmt does not control it but other than that love the company.
Productive, fast paced, fun environment where you work hard but can play at the same time
Project Management Lead, Franchise Development (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2014
Collectively, our brands have been providing services to businesses and consumers alike for more than 130 years. Our brands successfully operate under the veteran leadership of their senior executive teams and are also highly influenced and challenged by our high-tech and state-of-the-art support team. As a result, our brands operate proven business systems using the latest in today's technologies and applications.
Productive work with a ping pong table
Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2014
Good work hours, great office location, good co-workers. No real chance for advancement, limited work space.
Pros
great office
Cons
compensation and benefits
Great place to start.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2013
Good company. Friendly people. Great supervisor. Great location. Nice environment.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driven Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Driven Brands Reviews by Location