Drivers Auto Repair Employee Reviews

new owners
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 18, 2019
new owners came in and fired everybody. hired new with more pay than older employee. promotion by performance is bs as well. i was the top salesperson for drivers and was fired for sales performance.
Pros
Cons
extremely bad place to work
driver b2 umum
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Drivers Store, NCJanuary 15, 2019
saya nyaman bekerja menjadi driver karna bekerja tidak terlalu di tekan oleh perusahaan.. dan kebutuhan hidup tercukupi. semoga penghasilan saya terus maju
Catch up on your movies
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 8, 2018
Most of the time you had something to do. Nothing exciting, but something to do... Times I would had nothing to do. I wouldn't know about other locations, except the one I was at.
Pros
Free lunchs on saturday
Cons
lack of work
Fast Paced, Be prepared to work hard.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Very fast faced, cut throat, know your stuff. Some room to grow and progress, Tons of resources to learn. The higher ups are willing to teach you if you are willing to listen.
excellent pay
Service Manager/General Manager/Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 13, 2018
the company has good pay but company does not care about employees, only cares about money. the reviews for the company on customer side and employee side are the same.
Terrible
General Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2017
The company is owned by a man that is the worst person. The payment for vehicle maintenance was way too high and you would spend thousands of dollars just for minor repairs
Great Job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2017
Great job. Loved the work and employees, unfortunately moved back to Maryland was unable to continue employment and did not have the ability to advance in growth.
Great place. Hard driving boss
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
Great place to work. I really enjoyed it. The owner of the Houston stores can be a bit of a hardass, but as long as you can sell, then you should be fine. I miss the job, but I don't miss the long work hours.
Pros
Decent pay, great bonuses
Cons
LONG hours. Hard to take vacation.
Nightmare
Lead General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
I. Hated. Working. Here... The owners were penny pinching a-holes. Good luck getting supplies for the shop without getting chewed out. NO care for employees. Benefits sucked. You were guilty until proven innocent. The owners didn't care about anything they would clock you out for lunch even if you didn't clock out. They didn't care as long as their pockets got fatter. They would tell the mechanics to purposefully sell the customer things that they DIDN'T need.
Cons
Everything about this place.
horrible business ethics and no morals
Technician (Current Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Avoid this place at all costs. There is a reason they pay techs high, because they cannot keep them, they are so poorly equipped and have no ethics or morals when dealing with customers. Pure con artists and swindlers.
Pros
high pay
Cons
no scantools, half the lifts broken, no ethics from writers
n/a
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 19, 2016
working with this company gives you the advantage of breaking down p&l reports and actually manageing them on your own. good place to learn and gain top hand knowledge in operations and managment.
dead end
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 18, 2016
was a gs and they did nothing to help you learn. didnt like there business model paper work lost and techs getting skipped in rotation.
Pros
boss bought frosties
Cons
dead end job
peaceful work environment
State Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 29, 2016
typical work day consisted of a few state inspections tire rotations
learned wheel alignment

the hardest part of the job was getting into tight spaces
the most enjoyable part of course was test driving the cars after a service was performed
A waste of time.
Manager (Former Employee) –  TxSeptember 16, 2015
They really do mean good, but overall the pay wasn't at all what they promised and they make a bonus as your regular pay. So if you don't make bonus then you get a pay cut. They put morals aside and focus on money and that's all. I spent more money just working there in tolls and gas then I was making. I don't recommend this company at all.
Pros
Sunday's off
Cons
Works you like a dog.
Not for a family man
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TXMay 15, 2015
The hours are long and demanding and the company does not offer retirement benefits. But, they're willing to take a chance on those that have no prior experience and for that employees are grateful!
If you only knew why they have to pay so much?
manager (Former Employee) –  houstonJanuary 16, 2015
They do pay well to stay staffed! Be prepared to be pressured into doing some of the most unethical things. It's not what is said by the leadership it's what they imply that is the expectation. I finally realized it and made a move. Play in the Gray? Take the gloves off? Stick it in them? That is the message and truly the expectation. $130 labor rate!

Join the team at you own risk... The online reputation is for real... The website is 4 out of 5 stars but check some others and learn the truth. BBB score a C+....

There are many automotive companies doing it right. Louetta Automotive, Bird Automotive, Christian Brothers, Service First and the list goes on.

Good luck... You will need it.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Fun when the right people were working
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2014
A typical workday included waiting for the mid-day rush. Usually just cleaning until we got a car in. It wasn't too bad, you get to chat a bit.
Pros
You got to meet some cool people.
Cons
Lunch breaks not always guaranteed.
Productive but Unsatisfied!
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2013
7 A.M.-7 P.M. I opened and closed the shop myself. Learned time management and how to cram as much work as possible in a 12 hr. shift. Here though, is where I learned my automotive core experience before school. Which was very informative allow me to experience what a real shop has to offer and how it operates. My co-workers were very helpful with me especially since I had no previous automotive experience then. My managers though, on the other hand, weren't so delightful. The hardest part of this job would have to have been the work output expected from one person. While the most enjoyable would've have to been lunchtime!
Pros
Learned an abundant amount of information about automobiles!
Cons
The work output expected out of one person!
HIGH stung work place that requires all you got to work there
Service manager/Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 18, 2013
I learned that work isnt life and life shouldnt be work, but then again some people dont wanna spend time with the family they have at home, I do.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work days are tooooooooo long
Sub par for GS techs
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 31, 2013
Terrible place to work for anyone that's not in sales or an ASE certified mechanic.
The management is condescending and demanding and the pay is menial for the extreme temperature of the shop and the difficulty experienced when dealing with their customers.
The mechanics are shady and "create their own work" by directly damaging or falsifying damages and "leaks".