DriveTime Employee Reviews

Terrible.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2019
Wouldn't recommend, you get treated like a child, they will watch your every move and the slightest mistake will get you sent home. If you talk to your co workers they will write you up. Management is very crooked.
Pros
Drive cars.
Cons
Management.
Bad place to work for
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2019
the management there sucked
they wouldn't allow overtime
the environment was disorganized
we moved locations even though we weren't ready so they wasted our time going in when they would just make us go home an hour later
Tony who was running the detail area would rather us die of a heat stroke vs letting us go get water
Great place to work & great benefits
Automotive Cosmetic Associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 13, 2019
DriveTime is the best place I have worked. It wish the Lebanon, TN location had not been sold or I would never have left. Great hours, benefits, and and overall great place to learn and refine your skills. There is many chances for advancement. The pay was also very good.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
location closed
treat you like a rock star during training
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2019
thought I loved the company, until the training period was over. Once in Management position, the support system was gone. Was let go due to technicality and management did not care.
Great hours and benefits
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 6, 2019
Drivetime offers great hours, great pay and great benefits. However, they are very indecisive on game plans for the day. Another con is the lack of management training.
Pros
hours, benefits and pay
Cons
unpredicitable
Nice place to work
Operation Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 5, 2019
As it is close to my home and kids school. Easy commute and the culture is decent. Management is hit and miss- some departments are great others not so much.
Hardworking yet productive team building environment
Dealership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 27, 2019
Drive Time was a cool fun lax environment. Job requirements was easy, spent most of the time on the road. Due to time on the road majority of the day was taken but wasn't compensated for overtime. As far as management, they worked well with all employees and made sure employees had days off as needed.
Just work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2019
I work with every truck . I need job . I do every job for company . No free time for me . I want to have a job with truck to do every road who sent me
Pros
Free coffe
Cons
Healthcare
Selling cars and finance
Senior Sale Advisor / Auto Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2019
DriveTime is a nation wide car sales and financing company.

The hours, people, salary and benefits are amazing here.

Unlike traditional dealerships, the turnover rate is low, work life balance is a key focus and room to grow in your career is available to everyone.
Good
Strong sales-closer Clear and arti (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2019
Good work place. Always learning job related stuff. Training tools easily available. Helpful staff. Local Managment motivating and willingness to improve team.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Work life balance
Beautiful Building
Tempe AZ Medicare Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 1, 2019
I loved working there but they shut down Longevity Alliance so we were laid off. I had wonderful Clients and enjoyed working there. They were very nice to me.
Pros
close to home/free coffee/sometimes would bring in lunch
Cons
a little stressful because we had no leads to work off
it was a good job till they changed Management
Auto Technician / Line lead (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 31, 2019
it was a good job till they changed Management. when shop 1st open i was happy the they changed the management and everything went down hill. to bad
walking on eggshells everyday
manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Very stressful place to work. Hard work and loyalty are never recognized...only criticism and sarcasm is handed out by upper management. There is always a feeling that you could be thrown away like a piece of garbage. Zero loyalty to hard working employees.
Inspection Center
Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 30, 2019
The perks are what has me interested in the job. They’re open to train you but don’t expect to move up right away. All jobs have mess it’s up to you to decide what you’re going to deal with. I do not approve of management and the way they handle workplace situations. I learned a lot and was glad to have the opportunity but I will not be recommending this specific place to anyone
Pros
hours and benefits
Cons
prejudice, busy work after production completed, unprofessional
not a fun experience
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87106January 29, 2019
was laid off after company downsizing. however they were happy to sell me a vehicle before they decided to let me go. the best part was my final payment
Pros
discounts on vehicles
Cons
laid off after purchase
You HAVE to be comfortable in a constantly changing environment...even when that change is not good
General Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 28, 2019
Long hours if you care about performing well, moving up and making more money, but you can just do enough to get by and still make good money as a sales advisor but you wont advance.

Your experience will depend on your direct managers, there are/were some good ones in the company that knew how to motivate and inspire greatness from their employees but others unfortunately that did not.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Long hours especially during tax season
Regretful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 27, 2019
Anyone considering buying a car from Drivetime should think twice. The company pays $5000.00 less than what you are paying for the car. In addition you are paying 29 % interest. Crazy to consider this company unless your credit is completely wacked.
Pros
None if you have decent credit
Cons
Too many to talk about
No work life balance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2019
Hours are very demanding managers are all over the place, A lot of egos, culture is male dominated customers are sometimes hard to deal with and vehicles are always having problems which makes it hard to makes sales
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks, hours, communication
This place sucks
Cosmetic Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 25, 2019
If you’re not the mangers “favorite” they don’t give a dam about you. These people would show up late hit cars and still get promotions and employee of the month. The pay sucks and every year for the yearly raises they make up excuses to not give you your full raise . And it’s only 10 20 or 30 cent raise. They only care about their bonuses. Just to get water they get mad. But like I said if you’re their favorite you can text right in front of them and they won’t say anything and if you’re not their favorite you get a write up.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Everything else
Fun work environment
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Drivetime was a very fun work environment to be at. Yes they are very strict about their production number but outside of that its a pretty nice place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DriveTime. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight