DriveTime Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Drivetime. They did a great job of training and developing each person. The compensation for working there was great and the atmosphere was too.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work life balance
Poor management
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHOctober 12, 2018
The worst I've experienced in my entire years in the workforce. Total disfunction never a time of things being in order. Drive time did nothing as a company when it came to them attending to employees that they betray when interviewing for the job. They created racial tension with the incriminating ways and would never recommend anyone to work nor buy the over priced put together with junk yard part cars
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Impossible for career advancement
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 9, 2018
Job was great at first. Management was great then couple months into it, things changed due to personal agendas. False promises are a daily thing here. Tell you one thing one day and another the other.
Great Opportunities
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2018
Coming from customer service position, I was shocked in the opportunity they gave me. It can become a very competitive job, but if that is what drives you apply. They are huge on growth, opportunity, feed back. They help you in either direction you would like to strive for in the company to get you there.
productive and constructive place to work
DEALERSHIP COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 8, 2018
This job offers great management who are which very collaborative. You are pushed to be the best version of yourself and are constantly learning new things.
productive
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46254October 4, 2018
very fast-paced. Production numbers are very important.

I love my co-workers. They are very inviting and accepting. They have no problem helping you.
Overall, not worth it
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 4, 2018
All of the managers I interacted with couldn’t care less about their teams. They only care about numbers and sucking up to upper management, even if that means screwing over the people who work hard for them. Overall, not worth the stress or time or being overlooked and stepped on.
Great place for the sales people, not so much for everyone else.
Operations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2018
Drivetime has a problem with treating its staff equally. Rather than have advancement opportunities for all employees, it's really only the sales people that receive any kind of bonus, promotion, award, etc. While it's great for salespeople, it's a very stagnant job for any other position in the company (on the retail side).
Poor Management-better as walmart greeters
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Delanco, NJSeptember 30, 2018
Poor Management because they hire people off the street that have NO managerial experience, or very little auto experience, but hey that dosent matter right? They micro manage everything and second guess you all the time, they also instead of promoting people within the company hire again off the street, a lot of these people look like ex-cons. Don't expect a good job pat on the back either-the managers get bonuses for how quickly cars get through from inspection to distro-so even if you do a good job and catch things that cost the company money all you get is a big sigh and more work for nothing. Basically they don't care if theres problems with the car as long as it meets very low standards and gets out the door that's it. Oh and lastly they lie-you WILL work Saturdays at least once a month and they call it mandatory overtime so right here there lying to you! One more thing expect first morning meetings to be rittled with little things you did wrong the day before-nothing like a good nit-pick to motivate you to work in a un-climate controlled sweat box!
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Everything else under the sun
Do not fall for the information they give you in the interview!
Verifications Representative (Former Employee) –  AzSeptember 27, 2018
This place is the most stressful place I have ever worked. They seem really nice but! you have to go through this awful "training" for six weeks with two people who should not be allowed to train a puppy-they help you for two days and the rest of the six weeks you get 40 titles a day an answers from them like "what do you think you should do" and just follow the papers we gave you! WHAT KIND OF TRAINING IS THAT!? Then you go to your department for six more eeks of training with very little help-GOOD LUCK!
Pros
they have a gym
Cons
everything else!
Fast work day
Inspection Center Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Go in at 6 and get out by 2 and still have the rest of the day to do whatever. Time flew by quick as you’re busy and you basically touch everything on the car
Difficult company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MesaSeptember 25, 2018
Poor structure, poor training and low pay, hours always changing. Did not feel appreciated by company unless you were favorited. Mgrs picked favorites and they moved up.
n/a
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I really do not have a review of this employer at this time. I can write one at a later date to talk about the culture of the company and things of that nature.
Good company I would work for again.
Loan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
I left Drivetime a few years ago, but I had a lot of great memories. It's a basic collections/risk job, but if you have the right attitude you can make it worth your while. Management was always good to me and the culture was positive/energetic.
productive nice place to work
Road Runner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
customer service
learned to have lots of patience with customers and workers ..ive learned to train alot of workers as well to find cars in the auction and deliver as well in timely matter
Pretty great place to work
Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 12, 2018
Drive time has a lot to offer, problem is lazy employees. It’s a group effort there but not everyone pulls their weight which can mess with productivity and meeting goals. The hours are awesome, great benefits, paid time off etc.
Pros
Good hours with some o/t, really good benefits, casual dress
Cons
Working with lazy, entitled employees who complain constantly, break rules and do as little as possible.
Great culture and work environment
Senior Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Great company to work for. Work life balance, just like any other sales job isn't too shabby. Great place for the resume. unlimited opportunity to learn and manage.
Productive , fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Loan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 11, 2018
The management are awesome, friendly, helpful and considerate. They also give us overtime and commissions. The workplace is so good because the team and managers have commaraderie and teamwork. They have a monthly recognition for our work.
Pros
Commissions, lunches and positive compliments.
Cons
Company closed
love selling cars didnt like location
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 10, 2018
decent pay just horrible management. if they were replaced i wouldn't had quit to go to another dealer. MY new job i have great sales manager, no drama, we meet budget, and dont feel uncomfortable like i did with old job
Pros
pay and hour lunch break. Love the people i work with even though one was jealous
Cons
not good management and lazy
Worst experience in the car industry
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 10, 2018
Worst experience ever . So much drama I quit before the tried to fired me for false allegations and poor invention for the second time . The first time I didn’t get an apologize for negative perception of character . Also was denied transfer to another location
Pros
Leads giving to you, pay, benefits
Cons
Lazy management, drama, politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DriveTime. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight