DriveTime Employee Reviews

Amazing Company and Great People
Director of Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2018
DriveTime is an amazing company with great people. The Recruiting team is exceptional and does a superb job identifying talent and shaping the culture. Incredible leaders throughout the organization.
Very fun fast paced job
INVENTORY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNNovember 28, 2018
I loved working at DriveTime. I was able to acquire so much useful tips on how to detail cars inside and out, also how to do light mechanics on one. I loved being able to bring a used car back to life.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Some management
Fun and challenging
Lease advisor (Former Employee) –  Tarrant County, TXNovember 26, 2018
In a typical day at work I processed calls to/from subscribers; I recovered late payments; I offered and sell service products. I also learned how to manage angry customers.
Excellent workplace culture, terrible corporate culture
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2018
I've been with Drivetime for the past 4 years and have learned tons. I've become more confident with my skillset regarding sales and have thoroughly enjoyed the culture that has been instilled at the dealership level. On a day to day basis, I enjoy the interaction I have with my co-workers and for the most part, with my customers. In a primarily retail environment nothing is perfect and, in my experience, breeds a certain sense of humor. I've been fortunate to work with people who've taken advantage of the opportunity they were presented with, formulated a plan, stuck to it and improved their situation. I've also worked with people who lie about their employment, don't pay their bills and treat you poorly, The hours are long, you will work 10-12 hour days in order to give yourself the best opportunity to make as much money as possible. You will also lose commission because customers don't make their 1st or 2nd payment and then have their vehicle repossessed. Everyone has things that they love and hate about their job, this has been a brief rundown of mine.
Pros
workplace relationships
Cons
long hours, limited compensation
not compensated for the many hats/roles
Senior Systems Architect/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2018
not compensated for the many hats/roles;
not fun to work there
new leadership destroyed all fun activities
poor promotion structure
poor training structure
Great Benefits
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 31, 2018
Fun ,fast pace. Good money and good management, some long days and late nights. Sales goals were realistic and always right on target, promote from within culture, good base salary plus excellent bonus potential.
sales rep
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 29, 2018
Job can be great but long hours management was great just work life balance very hard . make calls make appointments get sales pretty easy job but hard to move up unless you want to relocate
Overall drive time is a great place to work but maybe not the best place to stay
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2018
Divertime offers you great compensation and insurance but the work day is always stressful My overall experience with the company has been one of half and half. You have good Management in you also have bad management. There's been races writing on the walls as well as that adopted attitude without any seriously long investigate. The benefits usually make people staying out way the rhetoric and attitudes that you made encounter with the job
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Prejudice
Fun and Postive Culture
Sales Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 20, 2018
I loved this job until they had to close a near by location in town and had relocated many sales advisors in the two other locations. This was to many sales advisors waiting for a client to come in and have an up or an opportunity for a sale.
Pros
Bonuses and free lunches
Cons
To many Sales Advisors in a location at the same time and same target goals.
Good Place
IA 1 (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 19, 2018
Room for advancement if you can prove you deserve it. Benefits to working there. Managers are nice and understanding. Guaranteed 40 hours a week. 6 am to 230 pm.
Great Company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Drivetime. They did a great job of training and developing each person. The compensation for working there was great and the atmosphere was too.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work life balance
Poor management
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHOctober 12, 2018
The worst I've experienced in my entire years in the workforce. Total disfunction never a time of things being in order. Drive time did nothing as a company when it came to them attending to employees that they betray when interviewing for the job. They created racial tension with the incriminating ways and would never recommend anyone to work nor buy the over priced put together with junk yard part cars
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Fun Co-workers
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
Excellent feeling of family among the employees. Everyone was always eager to assist with moving inventory. Long work days but that is the industry. Lots of things have changed since I worked there.
Impossible for career advancement
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 9, 2018
Job was great at first. Management was great then couple months into it, things changed due to personal agendas. False promises are a daily thing here. Tell you one thing one day and another the other.
Great Opportunities
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2018
Coming from customer service position, I was shocked in the opportunity they gave me. It can become a very competitive job, but if that is what drives you apply. They are huge on growth, opportunity, feed back. They help you in either direction you would like to strive for in the company to get you there.
productive and constructive place to work
DEALERSHIP COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 8, 2018
This job offers great management who are which very collaborative. You are pushed to be the best version of yourself and are constantly learning new things.
productive
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46254October 4, 2018
very fast-paced. Production numbers are very important.

I love my co-workers. They are very inviting and accepting. They have no problem helping you.
Overall, not worth it
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 4, 2018
All of the managers I interacted with couldn’t care less about their teams. They only care about numbers and sucking up to upper management, even if that means screwing over the people who work hard for them. Overall, not worth the stress or time or being overlooked and stepped on.
Great place for the sales people, not so much for everyone else.
Operations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2018
Drivetime has a problem with treating its staff equally. Rather than have advancement opportunities for all employees, it's really only the sales people that receive any kind of bonus, promotion, award, etc. While it's great for salespeople, it's a very stagnant job for any other position in the company (on the retail side).
Poor Management-better as walmart greeters
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Delanco, NJSeptember 30, 2018
Poor Management because they hire people off the street that have NO managerial experience, or very little auto experience, but hey that dosent matter right? They micro manage everything and second guess you all the time, they also instead of promoting people within the company hire again off the street, a lot of these people look like ex-cons. Don't expect a good job pat on the back either-the managers get bonuses for how quickly cars get through from inspection to distro-so even if you do a good job and catch things that cost the company money all you get is a big sigh and more work for nothing. Basically they don't care if theres problems with the car as long as it meets very low standards and gets out the door that's it. Oh and lastly they lie-you WILL work Saturdays at least once a month and they call it mandatory overtime so right here there lying to you! One more thing expect first morning meetings to be rittled with little things you did wrong the day before-nothing like a good nit-pick to motivate you to work in a un-climate controlled sweat box!
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Everything else under the sun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DriveTime. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight