Dropbox

Dropbox Employee Reviews

United States39 reviews
hard to get hired
good, smart people, c level doesn't have their act together most times. Commissions structure is good.

Historically smb accounts, then to MM, then to large enterprise.
Very good company to work with
Every thing very good company at Dropbox and working culture also very friendly and they give good compensation and also management is very cool and nice
a workplace good for individual growth
I got to know more about machine learning and getting to know the environment they are working on is always the hardest part. Co-workers are friendly.
Very cool place to work.
So since I have been working for Dropbox I have learned so much.
Not only about food but about myself..They have treated me so good since day one. I owe them my hard work everyday for the chance they took on me..They put employees first which is rare nowadays.
Was a contractor
Not much to say, I was a contractor, no company benefits just low contractor pay. I am still typing to meet the 150 character minimum limit. This is unnecessary.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Amazing corp cafeteria, Game Room and more...loads of benefits
Lots of activities to keep people engaged. (both work related and just fun things)

office is pretty large . (5 connected buildings, 12 floors)

good workplace culture
Through my time working at drop box I have learned how to manage people and teach .i would definitely recommend people to work here it’s a good environment
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Eairly days
Fun place to work at
Great place to work at. Everyone is very personable and approachable. The perks such as free food and the Wellness Center are a plus, included in everything else that DBX has to offer
Pros
The culture.
Dropbox
Great company for young adults.Good food, nice office. People could be more humble but most are nice.That is all I can provide at this point. I hope it helped.
Great relationships with coworkers and a relaxed environment
I really enjoyed working with all of my coworkers, and while there was a constant laid back attitude, everyone got work done and more. Dropbox hires well, everyone I worked with is motivated and happy to be social.
Fast paced. Learned consolidation and gained better spatial coordination.
I witnessed a level of teamwork at Dropbox that set the standard pretty high for me in future work settings! Like any job, one learns to move WITH the people in the workplace, and not COUNTER to them.
Pros
They feed you good at Dropbox!
Cons
...depends on how one takes things...
N/a
It was a very welcoming place to work. I learned time management skills. I review past resumes and entered previous employment and where they graduated from.
Pros
free lunch, breakfast, and dinner
what i learned
Dropbox was awesome at scaling and building via team work. Good mentorship programs, support from upper and middle management was great. People are happy at work.
Pros
great culture
Cons
none to speak of.
The job would be very awesome with the exception of the management... nobody seems to care about anything or anyone other than themselves!
Dropbox is a stagnant and septic environment filled with people who only care about themselves. Whether you’re an actual Dropboxer or a member of the kitchen staff hired out by Acrobat outsourcing, you will be treated like a second rate citizen at best! The people that work here are entitled and self-absorbed. It is not a place to work if you value courtesy, equality, and a sense of family! Period!
Pros
Free meal.
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Very Beautiful Place to Be Employed
I Loved it , however I had a death in the family and couldn't go back to San Francisco. And there are still open positions. Dropbox Chef's are very keen on who they employ, one must be skilled and possess a very Professional Attitude at all time. Which is always to be projected at all times.
To many contracts jobs and less full time opportunities
Not a lot of opportunities for contractors working at Dropbox HQ. Company seems to hired workforce out of the country and less opportunities USA wkrs.
Pros
Great company perks such as free meals
Cons
Lock of full time opportunities for contractos at Dropbox
Dropbox Sales
The people make the company worth wild. Dropbox has done a tremendous job cultivating a culture that gets you excited to come to work everyday. That, plus they have the best food ever!
Fun place to work
Dropbox was very professorial, I dont have any bad to say about the company. I moved on to move up in my carrier, I had to go to a different site to move up.
Fun place to work
People here are smart and experienced. You can learn a lot from them. Company has clear strategy and vision and keeps pushing for innovation. Product is market leader and has high quality compare to competitors.
Fun to boring
Dropbox was a fun company to work for pre-IPO because the company would invest with the employees. Happy hour on Fridays are always fun. After IPO the culture at Dropbox seemed lost.
Pros
Food
Seasoned Sales Reps Beware
Dropbox is a great company with many perks and a lot of smart people. Middle management is relatively young and inexperienced. Enterprise sales strategy is evolving and as a result compensation and quotas may not necessarily be realistic. The majority of revenue is generated via direct to consumer marketing efforts and enterprise sales doesn't receive the same attention.
Pros
Free food. Great onsite chef in San Francisco HQ.
Cons
Young managers.