DRS Technologies Employee Reviews

I'm amazed they're still in business
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2018
Not a single person at this company has any idea what they're doing. Their Database is organized in a non-nonsensical manner and is used in way clearly untended ways based on documentation.
Pros
Nice Office space
Cons
Everyone does the bare minimum to get by.
Variety and challenging. Great place to work
Occupation Health and Safety Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MO 65775May 7, 2018
Great overall company to work for. Challenging, they give you the ability to express yourself and offer your ideas on issues.

Management has the open-door policy. Your supervisor was always ready to listen to any issues.

Teamwork and quality is the basis of their policies. Always striving for teamwork and improvement.
I had an excellent learning experience working for this company.
Production Assistant-Temp (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 3, 2018
If I had my way I would have never left DRS Technologies. I had a wonderful working experience. Everyone there was very helpful with teaching me things that I did not know and was very patient. I met a lot of friendly wonderful people and we became really good friends. This is a place that I would have worked for and would have never left if the job was not a Temp. job. I loved working for DRS Technologies and would go back if they would hire me again.
DRS Technologies
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 30, 2018
Company provides good pay and benefits for the local area. Unfortunately, management does not always look to advance it's good workers. Training opportunities are not sought out by management.
Pros
Good Benefits and Pay for local area
Cons
Management to near sighted
Work culture
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2018
Work culture is very much militant. Totally male work environment. A lot of military personnel. You need to have tough skin to work there. If you don't then it's not a good work environment for anyone who is soft.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Male work environment
Very professional company
Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 10, 2018
DRS is very technically professional company. They do things right and expect people to do their job properly, which is perfectly reasonable. Management is very professional, and support services are very professional.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
They expected me to be a mechanical tech, which I"m not.
Well paced
Senior Material Logistician (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, IL 61299March 9, 2018
Good learning experience with excellent support and management. I was able to learn my job at a good place with plenty of assistance when it was needed.
Driver
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 7, 2018
I show up ready and able to perform my task with enthusiasm. I am a hard worker and work well with others. I am friendly and considerate of other's needs.
Pros
Flexiable schedule, paid vacation
Cons
Working in inclement weather
Great Company
Manufacturing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2018
One of the best companies that i ever worked for, flexible with time and families. Great benefits, open door policy, friendly co-workers, and management.
Pros
Benefits and Flexibility
Cons
HR is extremely slow in hiring
A very good place to work
Mechanical Inspector III (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Management treated us very good over all, the hardest part was to get lay off cause of down sizing. was under new management.
they had good training class available
Pros
had family outings
Cons
lay off
Challenging and interesting place to work
Sr. Buyer, Production (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 23, 2018
interesting work, good people, work culture needs improvement but management is trying to improve. very long or too long of a commute makes it difficult
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
flexability
good
Cable technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 23, 2018
a great place to work and fun i learned a lot form the time i work there and still use some of the stuff i leader there . the job was good work and great pay.
Great company
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I expanded my knowledge of electronic devices and soldering techniques. During my time there, I pursued to learn as much as possible in various areas of the company.
High Stress
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLFebruary 14, 2018
while the company does provide paid training, company vehicle and gas card, they keep changing pay and responsibility matrix every quarter. More focused on product sales than installation and service. they have adopted a 0 tolerance policy towards sale and other aspects.
Pros
Company Vehical, gas card, Benefits
Cons
High stress to meet sales quotas with a 0 tolorence policy.
Great Workplace
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 13, 2018
Typical day is accessing which contract closeouts I need to work on for completion. The office environment is very laid back and productive. The team atmosphere is wonderful.
Great work place
Receiving/Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 12, 2018
I was in charge of all incoming materials and getting them into inventory for building of military generators. This job was very rewarding and was all about team work.
Pros
Helping the military
Cons
non
Productive an great inviroment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 8, 2018
I really loved my job with this company, my boss was the nicest person I've ever met. I really hate I had to leave because the job experience I had while working with this company was the best.
Not sure
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 5, 2018
Not sure what the future holds, outwardly improvement is the call of the day, can't make up their minds how to go about it. committed to improvement but see quality as a necessary evil.
basically manufacturing at FWB, little engineering
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Learned a lot about manufacturing and purchasing. Also learned much about dealing with foreign customers and regulations. The hardest part of the job was meeting production schedules.
Ok place...
Senior Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyndmoor, PAJanuary 9, 2018
My division closed down a long time ago and it was such a long time ago. I cant give it a review other than it was an OK place to work at. Pay was good. Management was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DRS Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.