DRS Technologies Employee Reviews

Close location with some good people
LARGE SYSTEMS ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 16, 2018
Looking for a company with chance for advancement. Learned to build multiple types of large systems and sub assemblies read multiple different types of blue prints and drawings. Many good people working there.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Different outlooks on things
Great workplace, flexible schedule.
Technical Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work for high schoolers, great pay, flexible schedules. The salary helped me as a high school student to be able to pay for my own expenses.
You will learn a lot, continuous training.
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 3, 2018
The experience working at Drs was mostly good, I received good training and most of the people who worked there are kind and extremely helpful. The environment was constantly changing and as a part of the team, you have to keep up.
Pros
Several staff events during the year.
Cons
Reduced 401k company contribution.
Corporate culture with manufacturing base.
Physical Therapist/Ergonomic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barnegat Lgt, NJJune 20, 2018
This is a contracted part-time position working with onsite ESH employees to facilitate reduction in work force injuries attributed to repetitive stress and postures. It also includes large scale ergonomic improvements to entire departments or processes within a given department. It is satisfying to work with employees one-on-one to advise them on prevention techniques that they can easily use themselves.
Fast paced job installing cameras.
Surveillance camera system installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
Really fast paced job with no room for mistakes, quality was paramount. Climbing on large trucks was required, a fear off heights would not be tolerated.Management did not keep up with mission requirements of the US Army and cost the install team our job in Afghanistan.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
management.
Abundance of opportunity
Senior Manager, Systems and Test (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 8, 2018
DRS has a very important mission to provide top rated hardware to the US Navy. Everyone that works here takes that mission seriously. There is plenty going on with associated opportunity to advance and move where you are best suited.
Pros
Strong Mission
Cons
More work than people
I'm amazed they're still in business
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2018
Not a single person at this company has any idea what they're doing. Their Database is organized in a non-nonsensical manner and is used in way clearly untended ways based on documentation.
Pros
Nice Office space
Cons
Everyone does the bare minimum to get by.
Variety and challenging. Great place to work
Occupation Health and Safety Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MO 65775May 7, 2018
Great overall company to work for. Challenging, they give you the ability to express yourself and offer your ideas on issues.

Management has the open-door policy. Your supervisor was always ready to listen to any issues.

Teamwork and quality is the basis of their policies. Always striving for teamwork and improvement.
I had an excellent learning experience working for this company.
Production Assistant-Temp (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 3, 2018
If I had my way I would have never left DRS Technologies. I had a wonderful working experience. Everyone there was very helpful with teaching me things that I did not know and was very patient. I met a lot of friendly wonderful people and we became really good friends. This is a place that I would have worked for and would have never left if the job was not a Temp. job. I loved working for DRS Technologies and would go back if they would hire me again.
DRS Technologies
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 30, 2018
Company provides good pay and benefits for the local area. Unfortunately, management does not always look to advance it's good workers. Training opportunities are not sought out by management.
Pros
Good Benefits and Pay for local area
Cons
Management to near sighted
Work culture
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2018
Work culture is very much militant. Totally male work environment. A lot of military personnel. You need to have tough skin to work there. If you don't then it's not a good work environment for anyone who is soft.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Male work environment
Very professional company
Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 10, 2018
DRS is very technically professional company. They do things right and expect people to do their job properly, which is perfectly reasonable. Management is very professional, and support services are very professional.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
They expected me to be a mechanical tech, which I"m not.
Well paced
Senior Material Logistician (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, IL 61299March 9, 2018
Good learning experience with excellent support and management. I was able to learn my job at a good place with plenty of assistance when it was needed.
Driver
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 7, 2018
I show up ready and able to perform my task with enthusiasm. I am a hard worker and work well with others. I am friendly and considerate of other's needs.
Pros
Flexiable schedule, paid vacation
Cons
Working in inclement weather
Great Company
Manufacturing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2018
One of the best companies that i ever worked for, flexible with time and families. Great benefits, open door policy, friendly co-workers, and management.
Pros
Benefits and Flexibility
Cons
HR is extremely slow in hiring
A very good place to work
Mechanical Inspector III (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Management treated us very good over all, the hardest part was to get lay off cause of down sizing. was under new management.
they had good training class available
Pros
had family outings
Cons
lay off
Challenging and interesting place to work
Sr. Buyer, Production (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 23, 2018
interesting work, good people, work culture needs improvement but management is trying to improve. very long or too long of a commute makes it difficult
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
flexability
good
Cable technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 23, 2018
a great place to work and fun i learned a lot form the time i work there and still use some of the stuff i leader there . the job was good work and great pay.
Great company
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I expanded my knowledge of electronic devices and soldering techniques. During my time there, I pursued to learn as much as possible in various areas of the company.
High Stress
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLFebruary 14, 2018
while the company does provide paid training, company vehicle and gas card, they keep changing pay and responsibility matrix every quarter. More focused on product sales than installation and service. they have adopted a 0 tolerance policy towards sale and other aspects.
Pros
Company Vehical, gas card, Benefits
Cons
High stress to meet sales quotas with a 0 tolorence policy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DRS Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.