DRS Technologies Employee Reviews

great job
Vice President and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2019
I have enjoyed the great opportunity to serve 1200 folks and develop, manufacture, test and deliver cutting edge military equipment for all Navy platforms.
Lost Contract bid
AutoCAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAJanuary 10, 2019
DRS loss the contract bid and were told we should start looking elsewhere for work. When we did have the contract, work was sparse at times and overbearing next.
DRS Technologies employs great management combined with a disciplined workforce.
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Orchestrated the current production and delivery of 6 very diverse programs representing ~$200M+ in revenue: Kiowa Mass Mounted Sight, Apache Day Side and Night Side Vision Systems, Phalanx Ship System- Thermal Imagery, Gunner Auxiliary System for the M1 Bradley Tank, ALP Hand Held Laser for Crew and New Product Initiatives (NPI) such as development and manufacturing a 3" Gimbals. The hardest part and most enjoyable part of job was achieving total success across the six programs.

Inclusive workplace culture with great support teams...
Pros
Very structured organization that works together.
Cons
Fluctuation in contract / employee levels.
Fun place to work
Freelance Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 7, 2018
Its a fun place to work. Has great benefits. My co workers were friendly and helpful. Management was available and courteous. I would fully recommend.
I love that place
Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2018
It's a very very good place to work and take care of your family with I just love it in all the staff is fun and friendly and very helpful with understanding how to train employee
My first employment after separating from the military
Total Full Time Experience - 1 year, 6 months (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 27, 2018
I would say that all in all, DRS Technologies is a good company to work for. I did not have any issues there. They could have probably paid me better for the position I was in, but I was naïve to the ways of negotiating during the hiring process.
It was a good place to work
Schedule Analyst/Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 31, 2018
Nothing negative to report. I started out working there as a clerk. I did not have very much experience. I enjoyed all my 23 years working there. It was a family environment.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
No negative comments to report
No comment
Finance and scheduling lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2018
Only worked there for a year. Based on my experience I cannot give a review given the short period I was employed. I did have a good experience during the time I was there.
Review Summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 19, 2018
My review for this job, is working a cement hours to work in 4 or 5 hours a day. This is a student work job for students in at Owens Community College.
Pros
this for experience works
Cons
It help students to be prepare for a job
Just like every other contracting company
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rock Island Arsenal, ILOctober 16, 2018
Just like many military contracting companies, I don't feel like a valued contractor. I'm just a number that brings them in dollars.We've needed more people in our operations in order to operate at minimum capacity, and now there are no jobs here when there should be. But the minute another organization is going to pay more money for another body, they scramble to pull people from the already limping and understaffed teams to fill that position. A new position = more money for the contract...
Pros
Flexability in my work place
Cons
over worked, busy, under paid/under appreciated
Environmental Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 9, 2018
Very professional company, friendly employees, decent pay and good benefits. Company direction led to huge layoffs. I would of worked for them as long as I could.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work atmosphere.
Cons
Poor company direction
Good Pay, Structured Work Environment, Management ehhhh
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 3, 2018
Work was structured and there was always plenty of it so that was nice as you knew exactly what to do when coming in and were never lacking work. Management was going through a big change when I was there so it had its up and downs. Hopefully that issue is fixed now.
Nice relaxed atmosphere
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work you have a flexible work schedule the family was an absolute joy to be around very loving people you will come across that in this field
Pros
Free lunches, Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Boosted rating
Assembler-tester (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 2, 2018
Many old friends from Conax had regrouped at DRS.
At last news of them, Steve Ostrowski was becoming a supervisor
in the company. These friends owe much to Steve and would have followed
all they could. The job had vast differences to Conax and some were fich out of water in the skill set.
great company and will continue to be so
Test Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VASeptember 7, 2018
DRS is a wonderful company and working for them is an honor and a privilege. They are chock full of knowledgeable employees and very hard working individuals.
Good place to work plus tons of overtime!
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work with good benefits. I worked 13+ hours per day for the last 18 months and people wondered why I would be stressed out. Management pushes way to much work on a department without increasing it's manpower. Still a good place to work if you can do 65 hour weeks for years at a time.
Pros
Benefits, Ot
Cons
Too many hours and no extra help when needed.
Harding working people that management had a good working relationship.
Production Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 17, 2018
None stop moving assemblies to reach monthly goals, One of the best company to supply training from outside sources. The hours had to be the hardest part of the job.
Pros
DRS was very good about supplying meals for after hours workers
Cons
Hours
Stressful, but sometimes its relaxed
Assmbler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne FLAugust 13, 2018
I worked at DRS technologies for about a year now it gets stressful, but I learned new things about the company. It's not a bad job I just don't like how my lead treats me.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes work weekends
Productive and fun working environment
Electrical Technician III (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILAugust 4, 2018
A wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed working for DRS. If and when I ever had an issue DRS was quick to respond and get things work out. Management is awesome.
Run away! Run fast!
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2018
This is the most freaked-up company I have ever been involved in my career. They have no real management, lower-level employees are blamed for problems that management should have figured out way before the problems hit the lower employees. This place is a complete joke. Avoid at all cost!
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything is a Con.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DRS Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.