DRS Technologies Employee Reviews

great company and will continue to be so
Test Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VASeptember 7, 2018
DRS is a wonderful company and working for them is an honor and a privilege. They are chock full of knowledgeable employees and very hard working individuals.
Good place to work plus tons of overtime!
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work with good benefits. I worked 13+ hours per day for the last 18 months and people wondered why I would be stressed out. Management pushes way to much work on a department without increasing it's manpower. Still a good place to work if you can do 65 hour weeks for years at a time.
Pros
Benefits, Ot
Cons
Too many hours and no extra help when needed.
Harding working people that management had a good working relationship.
Production Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 17, 2018
None stop moving assemblies to reach monthly goals, One of the best company to supply training from outside sources. The hours had to be the hardest part of the job.
Pros
DRS was very good about supplying meals for after hours workers
Cons
Hours
Stressful, but sometimes its relaxed
Assmbler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne FLAugust 13, 2018
I worked at DRS technologies for about a year now it gets stressful, but I learned new things about the company. It's not a bad job I just don't like how my lead treats me.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes work weekends
Productive and fun working environment
Electrical Technician III (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILAugust 4, 2018
A wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed working for DRS. If and when I ever had an issue DRS was quick to respond and get things work out. Management is awesome.
Run away! Run fast!
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2018
This is the most freaked-up company I have ever been involved in my career. They have no real management, lower-level employees are blamed for problems that management should have figured out way before the problems hit the lower employees. This place is a complete joke. Avoid at all cost!
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything is a Con.
Overall a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 27, 2018
DRS was a good place to work with upper management being involved with all employees from the floor personnel up to middle management. We were able to give advice to senior personnel and they would take the recommendations to account and implement them or would come back and explain why now. The facility was excellent leading to great working conditions.
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
Had to be mindful of the Government employees
Nice job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 23, 2018
Very nice job would recommend. Very fast paced but you will get use to it after a while. They pay very well especially if you have experience already.
Close location with some good people
LARGE SYSTEMS ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 16, 2018
Looking for a company with chance for advancement. Learned to build multiple types of large systems and sub assemblies read multiple different types of blue prints and drawings. Many good people working there.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Different outlooks on things
Great workplace, flexible schedule.
Technical Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work for high schoolers, great pay, flexible schedules. The salary helped me as a high school student to be able to pay for my own expenses.
You will learn a lot, continuous training.
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 3, 2018
The experience working at Drs was mostly good, I received good training and most of the people who worked there are kind and extremely helpful. The environment was constantly changing and as a part of the team, you have to keep up.
Pros
Several staff events during the year.
Cons
Reduced 401k company contribution.
Corporate culture with manufacturing base.
Physical Therapist/Ergonomic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barnegat Lgt, NJJune 20, 2018
This is a contracted part-time position working with onsite ESH employees to facilitate reduction in work force injuries attributed to repetitive stress and postures. It also includes large scale ergonomic improvements to entire departments or processes within a given department. It is satisfying to work with employees one-on-one to advise them on prevention techniques that they can easily use themselves.
Fast paced job installing cameras.
Surveillance camera system installer (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
Really fast paced job with no room for mistakes, quality was paramount. Climbing on large trucks was required, a fear off heights would not be tolerated.Management did not keep up with mission requirements of the US Army and cost the install team our job in Afghanistan.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
management.
Abundance of opportunity
Senior Manager, Systems and Test (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 8, 2018
DRS has a very important mission to provide top rated hardware to the US Navy. Everyone that works here takes that mission seriously. There is plenty going on with associated opportunity to advance and move where you are best suited.
Pros
Strong Mission
Cons
More work than people
I'm amazed they're still in business
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2018
Not a single person at this company has any idea what they're doing. Their Database is organized in a non-nonsensical manner and is used in way clearly untended ways based on documentation.
Pros
Nice Office space
Cons
Everyone does the bare minimum to get by.
Variety and challenging. Great place to work
Occupation Health and Safety Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MO 65775May 7, 2018
Great overall company to work for. Challenging, they give you the ability to express yourself and offer your ideas on issues.

Management has the open-door policy. Your supervisor was always ready to listen to any issues.

Teamwork and quality is the basis of their policies. Always striving for teamwork and improvement.
I had an excellent learning experience working for this company.
Production Assistant-Temp (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 3, 2018
If I had my way I would have never left DRS Technologies. I had a wonderful working experience. Everyone there was very helpful with teaching me things that I did not know and was very patient. I met a lot of friendly wonderful people and we became really good friends. This is a place that I would have worked for and would have never left if the job was not a Temp. job. I loved working for DRS Technologies and would go back if they would hire me again.
DRS Technologies
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 30, 2018
Company provides good pay and benefits for the local area. Unfortunately, management does not always look to advance it's good workers. Training opportunities are not sought out by management.
Pros
Good Benefits and Pay for local area
Cons
Management to near sighted
Work culture
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2018
Work culture is very much militant. Totally male work environment. A lot of military personnel. You need to have tough skin to work there. If you don't then it's not a good work environment for anyone who is soft.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Male work environment
Very professional company
Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 10, 2018
DRS is very technically professional company. They do things right and expect people to do their job properly, which is perfectly reasonable. Management is very professional, and support services are very professional.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
They expected me to be a mechanical tech, which I"m not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DRS Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about