Drucker and Falk, LLC Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work but far from the best.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 14, 2019
The work is ok if you like doing more with less. Most communities are woefully understaffed. They use out dated metrics for the staffing needs. If you're up on the numbers then you must be priced too low but if the numbers are down then it must be the leasing personnels fault. The training is almost non existent. A lot of online training with no context to back it up.
The guaranteed annual pay raise is nice. But that also means that you can do the bare minimum and still get a raise. The quarterly bonuses are totally random. We were never told how they're calculated so you never know if you'll get one.
Pros
Usually nice working conditions.
Cons
Poor upper management. Poorly staffed.
Solid Company
Regional Property Manager Drucker and Falk, LLC (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 7, 2019
D+F is a Solid company with very knowledgeable staff in operations. The company has been around for over 80 years and can identify positive investments in the Hampton Roads area.
Pros
Care about the employees
Cons
No training and poor accounting
Good People, Poor Management
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2019
I had a bad experience working for this company. The work didn't coincide with the pay i was receiving so it made it hard for to me to enjoy what I was doing it it didn't help my motivation.
Good peopel, good culture, long hours.
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 5, 2018
There was a very strong team culture and everyone worked together very well. There was an annual award dinner where longevity and productivity were recognized. The office location and environment were excellent. There were many opportunities to learn new skills, but the work load was too heavy.
Horrible Training and Lack of Communication with Employees
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2018
I worked at this company for over 6 years. At first, I loved every ounce of my job (aside from occasional grumpy residents). About mid way in, I noticed that there are "favorites" within the company and those "favorites" get things from higher pay to flexible days off (outside of the norm offered).

The pay overall is not the worst but certainly not the best for the business. Maintenance seems to get by with more than the Leasing staff.

Corporate will put added pressure on their employees Maintenance, Leasing, and Regionals just to keep the apartment owners happy, resulting in lots of overtime worked. They post on social media like they are one big happy family, but there is so much gossip that goes on that it's ridiculous.
Pros
Fun Company Events
Cons
Lots of Overtime if you want your superiors to be happy with your performance
Great Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2018
As Community Manager, I supervise and participate in site marketing and lease renewal programs. Ensure that rents are paid in a timely manner to minimize budget and administrative problems. Comply with established management polices and procedures for maximum operational efficiency.Participate in the interviewing, hiring,training, developing and managing a professional staff of management, maintenance personnel, as needed to insure adequate execution of key responsibilities while presenting a positive image to residents and potential residents.
Pros
Generous PTO & Sick Leave
Cons
Only property in Mphs
Great Employer
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2018
I worked for D & F when my property decided to change management companies. I enjoyed my time working there. I only left as there wasn't room for advancement at the time.
Pros
Ot, good beneftits, etc
Cons
na
Productive work place
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 4, 2018
The company is amazing. It was the company that introduced me into property management. They have a great people working for them. I loved my time and Drucker and Falk
Pros
Provides a sense of family, opportunities to grow
Property Management at its best
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport New, VirginiaAugust 20, 2018
I have loved pretty much every day I have worked at this company. Every day is different, challenging yet fun, and fulfilling. This is my experience. I love anything Real Estate related.

It would be great for on site staff to be considered for other positions within the company . Talent will go elsewhere if they feel they are not considered for other jobs. This is direct feedback from coworkers across the board.

There will always be a Corporate divide, no matter where you work.
Pros
You manage your own day .
Cons
Your day manages you for the most part.
Great company
Leasing Professional & Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2018
Great company. I enjoyed the managers! The company was very hands on! Very Polite and respectful to their employees!
If they were here, I would definantly want to go back
Very busy, professional, fun, great teamwork
Leasing Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2018
One of my favorite aspects of my daily job are building relationships with new clients that I work with. Then seeing those clients very happy with a new apartment home.
Great company
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2018
Great yes with the company , been with co21 yes , now Iam looking for a change, Iam getting tired of maintenance and now looking to move on to something a little more slower pace
Pros
Great job
Cons
Keeping good personal
Good management experience
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 15, 2018
I learned a lot about management on this job, but unfortunately the company was a very cut throat place to work. It was based more on who you know than job performance.
Pros
decent hours
Great co-workers
Property Administrator - Temp (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMay 11, 2018
I was a temp at Dunfield Townhomes. My manager and co-workers were great and always willing to help me. I would highly recommend working here. You will learn a lot and have the opportunity for growth as a permanent employee within Drucker and Falk. I didn't have a high salary or benefits because of my temp status but that would be different for someone as a direct hire. The residents here can be pretty rude sometimes but the manager always has your back.
Pros
Helpful/kind coworkers and manager
Cons
Residents can be rude
Great Place to work
Senior Leasing , Resident service rep (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDMarch 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for Druck & Falk. There just was no room to grow working her at least not for me. But I work for them aagin if they had a manager posion open.
Favortism seemed to be prevalent.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Highland Springs, VAMarch 28, 2018
My day was typical for leasing. Accepted and evaluated applications, did verifications, showed available properties, accepted and entered rents. On holidays, if the stats were not as expected, everyone had the day off except the leasing person.
Pros
Benefits, no overtime, meeting many people from varied backgrounds.
Cons
No advancemen for the leasing person but was in place for grounds and maintenance.
Poor Mangagement
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 17, 2018
Poor Mangagement, company doesnt care about employees. Not only do the company not care about their employees but neither do the care about their residents.
Pros
1 hour lunch, ok pay
Cons
Manag. Are always right, although theyre wrong
productive workplace with lots of opportunity to learn
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCFebruary 2, 2018
when i clock in in the morning the first thing i would do is take out the trash in the clubhouse, make sure restrooms weren't dirty and had plenty of toilet paper and paper towels, check pool chemicals, do grounds on the property and do any general duties needed (empty dog stations, clean trash compactor, letters, fire extinguishers up to code, etc.) after that me and my Maintenance Supervisor would look through work orders and the turns that were scheduled and make sure they were all completed in a timely manner and that all issues fixed were done properly the first time. One thing i enjoyed was that me and my boss were very close. he made sure to be a friend first but was still really tough on me about making sure everything was handled correctly whether it be with procedure or handling with our residents. this might have been the hardest part of me leaving since i had never had a boss who cared out me outside of work the way my boss did. One of the only cons was being on call 24/hrs a day. it was bad during the winter but during the summer we would get calls all the time and it took up a big portion of my weekends. but the pros definitely out weigh the cons with this job
Pros
Freindly Workplace, great mentor, lots of benifits
Cons
possibility of long work hours, on call
Simply the Best
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2018
This was an awesome company to work for. They had everything in place so it seemed until the bottom fell out and they lost the contract which forced many of us out of a job.
Pros
Good benefits, pay, supervisor and job site
Cons
They lost the contract
Don't get sick
Property Mngr (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I was ill and upon my return made to feel like I knew nothing of a job I had been doing 4 years. I had help taken away from me and when I began to struggle and asked for help, it was denied to me. The final straw was when my safety was threatened and no one in upper level management seemed to care.
Pros
teaching tools
Cons
not enough help when needed