Drummond Company, Inc Employee Reviews

Working at Drummond
Rock Duster (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALJanuary 29, 2018
I worked the evening shift from 3 to 11, always get to work at least a half-hour early in order to get geared-up with the self-rescuer, headlamp,hardhat, boots, etc...dropped down the 1100 feet to the '' Bottom " which is the coal seam, then walked about 1000 feet to where the diesel powered rock-dust machine was parked. Would do a pre-shift inspection of the machine, check all the fluids and safety equipment, add fuel, then water for the '' Scrubber '' which filtered out most of the diesel contaminates. Then went about a mile to the rock dust hole to get rock dust forced by air down a 4in pipe from the surface to load the machine, after loading we would go several miles underground to a return course of air to blow the rock dust on the top, sides ( know as ribs ) and bottom to make the coal dust that was coating all these surfaces inert, when finished we would go back to the area where we obtained the equipment and park it and return to the elevator for the ending of the shift. Dragging the 2 inch flexible hose through water and mud was the worst part of the job, the best part was just being with your co-workers, male and female, joking and having fun while doing hard work. Management would mostly just let you know where to dust, then ask how much work was done, knowing that conditions determined how much could actually be done, working underground isn't like any other job because you know the danger is around you at all times so you must really be aware of your surroundings in order to be safe
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
coal dust, diesel fumes and danger
Engineers Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALSeptember 26, 2017
This was a mining company and was a fast paced work environment. the people and atmosphere were very upbeat and energetic. loved the work environment and being outside for the jobs that I had to produce for the company.
Good company to work for.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Supervisor was hard to work for but we got along. Job was close to home. Average work week, work load medium to heavy. Accounts Payable for Lakeland site was all done and set to Ala. for payments.
People in Ala. were great. Would have liked to move there to work for them. Great people.
Enjoyable place to work with good co-workers and management
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Adger, ALDecember 7, 2015
Average employee with average benefits, good management, but not much opportunity for advancement. Left alone to complete my job every day.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment, co-workers, benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement.
Excellent company and group of people
Director, Applications (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 4, 2015
Good place to work with a supportive management. Very old school organization with no real work life balance. Advancement at times was slow to come due to the lean organization.
Pros
Good people, Supportive Management
Cons
Lack of work life balance
Very professional organization
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 14, 2015
Like I said, a very professional organization. I felt I was underpaid but to be a staff accountant there you must have your CPA. They are very encouraging about furthering your education and management was great to work for. Overall, it is a great company.
Pros
Management and work environment
Cons
pay
Challenges my skills
Accounting Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALOctober 17, 2014
I have a very diverse work load. I do anything from account reconciliations to general ledger analysis, journal entries, month-end reports, bank reconciliations, research for the VP Senior Accounting Officer. I interact with various departments within the company. I assist the Assistant Controller of our Real Estate Division with entries, research, spreadsheets, as needed. Mu main duties are for the coal mine in Colombia. I do entries, month-end reports, etc.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
receiver (Current Employee) –  Oakman, ALAugust 20, 2014
You stay busy through out day its not a bad place to work all though is not that great for what you do.
Great Job
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakman, ALJuly 1, 2014
Overtime is usually always available if you want it. Supervisors are great. They're always willing to work with you.
Pros
Health benefits, co-workers
Cons
Pay could be a little better. That's all really.
Money and benefits were great. Element of danger, not so much.
Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Oakman, ALDecember 4, 2012
Money and benefits were great. Element of danger, not so much.
good job
CM Operator (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INOctober 27, 2012
Very good ran company! very productive! Good equipment and alot of good men!
Pros
nice place to work!
Cons
was a little too far from home at the time!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drummond Company, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4