Drury Hotels Employee Reviews

productive work place
Housekeeping\Laundry (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2018
we had so much fun in the meeting that they had for us we played games and won prizes. Holidays we have a pot luck and dinners . coworkers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
games and prizes
Cons
poor managment, stressful work place
Night Auditor Position - Safe, Challenging yet Rewarding
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 29, 2018
My Position: I work an extremely part time position as a night auditor. Typically I work 1 night per week, the shift being 10:45pm-7am. If you are full time, it may be likely that they will ask you go between a night audit position and a driver position. The driver position does cleaning for the hotel and takes guests to or from the airport (if applicable at your location. The driver may also take guests to other areas at other locations but for mine it is purely to and from the airport).

What I do: For my location, I follow a checklist and have to print reports, put together key packets, set up breakfast and record any incidents. I am also responsible for guest safety and verifying if someone at the door is someone I should let in.

Management: My mangers are incredibly supportive. They trust my judgement calls, be it letting someone inside to make a late night reservation or discounting services for guests who are not satisfied. They also are supportive that if I do not feel safe letting someone in, I can turn them away. I feel incredibly safe at this job. The hotel is usually full of up to 450 people on the weekend, but all the doors are secured and locked.

The Job: The work is not very demanding if you have been in customer service before. You will likely not see many guests and typically all you need to do for guests is check them in, recommend local bars or restaurants or bring up items such as toothpaste and towels. I love the job and sometimes I have downtime which helps me ensure I am covering all my bases and can even help out A shift by getting ahead for
  more... them.

Benefits: Full-Time employees recieve awesome benefits including insurance and quarterly bonuses based on performance. Even part time employees are able to qualify for the quarterly bonuses, I just do not work enough hours to qualify. You also are compensated for signing up guests for the reward program. If you refer someone to work at the Drury and they hit a 90 day period, you are compensated for providing Drury with that reference. Extremely discounted hotel rooms are also offered to employees regardless of hourly status. Some of the lowest rooms are down to $35 and up to maybe $50. It’s a HUGE plus! You cannot make a reservation at the hotel you work in, but any other Drury hotel in the country is fair game. 90 day evaluations are done. At my first evaluation, a perfect score allowed me to get a 6% increase of my current wage.

I absolutely love my job here. I am supported by management and compensated well for my time and efforts.
The only real cons may be if you are not adjusted to night shift hours. I’ve never had any issues with management or coworkers. Management is flexible and my coworkers are down to earth people who aren’t out to create any drama. We all work as a team.
Pros
Benefits, Good Management, Simple Tasks, Low Customer Service Demands
Cons
Only Con Is If You Do Not Like Night Shifts
Night Auditor, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for Drury Hotels because they are family oriented and will work with you in a family crisis or if you needed time off for special events in your life. The hardest part of my job was working at night alone with no help during crisis situations.
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh paSeptember 19, 2018
It’s a fun and caring environment , managers and co workers really help when you need help , they treat everyone like family , and there hasn’t been any issues since i started !
Great place
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work and learn. I enjoyed my time there and was sad to go. It was a very nice atmosphere to work in. Customer service was the most important thing.
No Employee Loyalty.
Guest Service Supervisor / Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Having worked for the company for many years and being promoted to supervisor it came as a surprise to me when my hours were cut along with the regular employees or even, at times, in favor of newer employees. I would have thought that my years of service might have counted for something but sadly they didn't. One of the hardest things with working at the front desk is not being allowed breaks for lunch, or if you're considerate to your coworkers and allow them time to eat not having the same consideration given to you. A typical work day involves scrambling to complete your check-list in addition to assisting guests and completeing any extra projects assigned to you. If the extra projects are completed but not all of the check-list you get called to task or hours cut. The same if you complete your check list but not the extra projects. If you focus on just helping the guests and providing an excellent experience to them, you're still a failure.
Pros
great benefits, excellent discounts
Cons
no lunch breaks for front desk, cliquish environment, poor management
Great place to work & stay when ur on vacation or want to get away and relax.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St.Louis Mo.September 11, 2018
Even though I work at Drury Inn when I'm away on vacation I wouldn't have it any other way but to stay at one of the Drury location.the staffs are friendly and nice whenever there's a problem they will go out of their way try to accommodate you.
Pros
Great breakfast, friendly, warm welcome .
Cons
Not enough hours nor money
Inconsistent
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2018
This job has so many requirments for such small pay, as a front desk agent you have to put chemicals in the pool,clean pool area clean lobby so many tasks that you are required to do that has nothing to do with being a front desk agent. You are not allowed to sit down and on the second shift I never got a lunch break and when it comes time for annual reviews the general manager will do anything to keep from giving you a raise. As we know the less money they pay out the more bonuses he received. Daily requirements were the same as expected from most hotels. The worst part is there was no such thing as employee privacy. This hotel was like a high school for gossip.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Disregard for employee privacy or backing the employee's for any reason
very fun work place great people
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 11, 2018
I would send anyone here to work. They care about there customers, If there is ever a issue in one of the rooms it gets fixed really fast, the people are very friendly. GREAT PLACE
Pros
free breakfast, long breaks, awesome people to work with
Cons
i didnt like there insurance
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2018
it is a great place to work. team member help each other they try to give you the best experiences. working with wonderful people you always can account with this people
Pros
lunch
Cons
shorth breaks

Want to know more about Drury Hotels?

Ask a question
Fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St.louisAugust 30, 2018
The job is ok at times but lately hours has been dropping.I can say it's a great work place the people are nice I just would like more hours considering I am a Full time worker.
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2018
Cleaning 24 rooms .. How to move at at a extreme fast pace. Management was great workplace culture was ok. Alot of rooms in one day . The staff was team players
Pros
Cons
Too many rooms per employee
Good Place to Start
BREAKFAST ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 28, 2018
I originally took this job because I wanted to have experience working in a hotel. I have been here for just over 4 months and I enjoy working here. The job itself is not too hard, and the hours are great.
Pros
Hotel Discounts, 401K
Cons
Low Pay
Absolutely amazing job!
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOAugust 28, 2018
I really liked the crew I worked with. Management was beyond amazing! And they were very understanding and considerate of life issues that came up during my time of employment.
Maintain sanitation and cleanliness of room conduct quailty control address all patron concern and question.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2018
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there. What I do like about my job is it's something I love to do Cleaning an outing a smile on the costumers faces an what I don't like about it is when I'm not getting enough of hours.
Pros
Exciting and energetic
Cons
Short break
People are great
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2018
The people who work there are team workers friendly hard working. Always busy. Pay for line employees is good. There are bonuses. Not much team work from management
Pros
mBenifits
Cons
Managememt
Stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 13, 2018
The managers are unfair they have their picks and favorites,they discriminate the rules only apply to certain employers especially the black employers.They don't take in consideration when you have nasty rooms or late check outs,they still wants room's clean by broad time if not they roll your rooms and than you get wrote up for not finishing your broad. If your broad says 3:30 they come take your broad 30 minutes before broad time roll your rooms and a couple of days later you get wrote up for those rooms.
Pros
pay is good
Fast pace, great benefits, and fun place to work!
Housekeeping and Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MS 39301August 8, 2018
A typical day working at Drury Inn would be greeting customers, checking them into and out of the hotel. You have to answer the phones, fax paperwork and go over all the rules with the guests. Make the guest as comfortable as possible. It's a fast pace demanding job and if you like talking with customers then this is the place for you!
Good entry level experience
Guest Service Agent/Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 8, 2018
Hard to balance work and life with odd hours although, this is typical in the service industry. Hard to live on moderate wages in Colorado. Good cross training in many areas of hotel.
Pros
Flexible hours and days
Cons
Low pay, odd hours
Not good place to work.
Chief Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 7, 2018
There were too many times that your character comes into question and management were hands off and rarely followed corporate guidelines till it served them.
Pros
Everything mapped out.
Cons
Too much negative energy that's perpetuated by management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drury Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight