Drury Hotels Employee Reviews

Its was amazing
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, IL 62269March 15, 2019
From the first second i step in the door of drury its been nothing but wonderful vibes love the customer service and the food be excited the rooms, bathroom really be extremely clean. The beds feel so cuddling.
Wasted years of my life
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 15, 2019
Management needs improvement and regional managers need to be more involved in local affairs
This was the worst place I ever worked
Salary and benefits not worth the corporate b.s.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
hard work for low pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 11, 2019
The culture is relatively toxic within the housekeeping department. It is very hard work for low wages. While the benefits are decent after 90 days, the actual pay is low and difficult
Great work enviroment
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 2, 2019
The hardest part of my job is staffing, finding reliable housekeepers in this market is tough. The most rewarding aspect of my job is my team and the dedication they have to the company.
Enjoyable Part of the Job
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 1, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of all hotel guest concerns/ matters. I also enjoyed meeting new faces as they inquired about a stay at Drury Hotels.
Stay away
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2019
This place has horrible management, you can be screamed and belittled by your coworkers and little will be done about the situation. Managers will gossip and talk about you behind your back. You will work more kitchen shifts than front desk shifts. Please do yourself a favor and don't apply. Employees no longer receive 29.99 rooms and are not allowed to reserve suites if traveling. Your family will NOT receive any great rates, as a family discount doesn't really exist.
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
Horrible management
Good Place to work
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 28, 2019
I have worked at a different hotel brand and Drury has been the best one not only do you get paid every two weeks but you get a bonus every quarter based on the company scores.
fast paced,but exciting
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 24, 2019
Great place to work,Time is limited per room,Overall Good team,great benefits.There is chance to advance and improve your career within this company.I would recommend.
Glad to have worked for a company that is family built, owned, and operated
General Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 22, 2019
You will work harder and longer. The company is stable, but your experience will be largely based on your direct supervisor and who that person reports to. There are different versions of Drury. This company works to minimize distraction and keep the attention on the customer.
Pros
organized, structured, honors loyalty
Cons
the politics are very personal
Summer job only
HouseKeeping Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2019
Personally with the experience that I have the job it's self doesn't fit the quality I need as a cook and pay rate as well as hours to work isn't enough to pay bills or move into my own home.
Great place
Front Desk Manager/Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 12, 2019
This is a good job if you need a part time gig I wouldn't recommend it full time to any one. To many call offs and hectic holidays and weekends considering the accomidations
Very positive atmosphere and always room to advance
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2018
I started with the company as a simple housekeeper. About a month in the company gave the while housekeeping department a raise which was very unexpected. After my 90 days I got nice raise which I didn't expect it to be as much as it was. After about six months I was cross trained to bartending in which Drury paid for my liquor license so I was also able to pick up extra hours working the bar during kickback. Once I got that mastered I told my manager that I would like to learn the front desk and that's when I got cross trained to front desk and then I trained in the kitchen. All this was in about a year and a half of working here. I then permanently got moved to to the front desk. Once I got that down pat I said I would like to learn more about the back of the house. My manager believed in me enough to train me as an Assistant Executive Housekeeper and to this day I am very grateful to be working with the company as an Assistant Executive Housekeeper and soon I am hoping to be in the company program to become a full Executive Housekeeper.
There are no limits to what you can do in this company and I absolutely love it and don't plan on going no where but up with Drury.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses unexpected bonuses great pay great benefits great management
Cons
None for me
New Orleans -Hotel Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 5, 2018
Very Productive and interactive with the guests! The hotel was very upbeat around the Mardi Gras season. This is a location I would definitely refer anyone to work at.
Great Job with Benefits
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 27, 2018
Worked with Drury Hotels for 5 years. It was a great experience. Managers really cared and wanted employees to succeed personally and professionally. Learned so many different departments and skills while I worked there.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
A nice variety of people and everyone always gets along
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 26, 2018
People are great to work with, and most managers are approachable.
Pay is average, but takes time to get to this point. My biggest disappointment is no school reimbursement..
Cons
health insurance not the greatest for the cost
Hit or Miss Management
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 18, 2018
There were some managers that were good but there were definitely some terrible managers there, which ultimately made me decide to leave the company. The other employees and the job itself was not bad, and the discounts at other properties were great. It seems like other properties had a really great management team so it may have just been mine and not company wide.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 14, 2018
Drury as a whole is a great company and does very well. The amenities that they offer are better than most hotels, especially is this area. They do a lot with the military in town and often hold groups of them that are training there at the base.
New Managnment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63141November 13, 2018
1. A typical day at work can be very stressful.

2. How to clean rooms faster.

3.Management wasn't fair at the time I was working there.

4.Workplace culture was okay.

5.The hardest part of the job is the managers not being fair to all the workers.

6.The most enjoyable part of this job was the Christmas party.
Good Place To Work
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHNovember 13, 2018
Loved working here and the people, however the hours, low pay and working on Holidays are a deal breaker. The staff was very kind, and the guests were for the most part as well.
Fun evi
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 8, 2018
I loved working there I worked front desk and had a lot of people coming to me and asking me questions and I had to help them out and give them feedback
Pros
Free food sometime
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drury Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight