Drury Hotels Employee Reviews

Productive and fast-pace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 16, 2018
My typical day at work was great, I enjoyed what I did and I will stand by my work. I learned about time management while cleaning 20+ rooms a day. The management at Drury Inn was amazing, they treat everyone equally. The work place culture was great and the only bad thing I would have to say about Drury Inn were the other housekeepers, they say they are there to help you and if you have any questions just ask. BUT, when the time comes when you need help or answers, they give you such a hard time and unnecessary attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the customers leaving notes stating how good of a job I did.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
Good place
Housekepping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2018
I have been work there for 3 months. I got 10 hours per day and earn much overtime. The people in work place was nice, friendly and honest. The houseman didn’t took mu tips from bedroom.
Fast paced
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2018
Fast paced place to work. If you enjoy a challenge this would be the place for you. Management is good to work for to an extent. Keep your personal life personal while working here.
good job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 22, 2018
good place to work, friendly people. Good benefits. They do a good job of finding the right people for the positions open. They are continually gorwing.
Great management team, they really care about your wellbeing
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2018
Job security is great there. They never fire anybody unless the employee really deserves it. Advancement opportunities are abundant as long as you're qualified, and if you aren't qualified then they are willing to help you get there as long as you show the potential and dedication. This is the best management staff I've worked for. Coworkers are always positive and friendly, even when having a rough day. Everybody is supportive of any hardships in your life, and willing to help however they can. You can learn anything as long as you're willing to ask. Most of the guests are friendly and happy to be there. Hotel upkeep could be better, but that's due more to lack of funding than the maintenance staff. The company does renovate their properties every 5-7 years, so everything is relatively new. You can submit suggestions for improvement to the company, and if your suggestion is implemented then you get paid. 10/10 would work for again.
Pros
Free food constantly. Willing to work with your schedule.
Cons
Can't clock out for lunch if you're there alone or if the front is too busy.
Great company
Team member/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 20, 2018
Good management. Great organization and familiar enviroment. They make sure of make employes feel good while working. They make fun days and have special lunches sometimes.
typical day
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 13, 2018
Every property is different as far as management style. My job consist of Greeting guest in a warm and friendly way, Catering to guest needs in a timely and professional manner, Making, canceling, and editing reservations, Checking guest in and out, Balancing register at end of shift, Filing paperwork and reports, keeping a clean and organized station. the culture is very diverse. the hardest part of my job is trying to check guest in and not having enough clean rooms at check in time. the most enjoyable part of my job is making my guest happy and being able to make their stay relaxing and comfortable. i also love popping the pop corn for the children at the hotel. being able to make someone smile and create a real connection with my guest is the most rewarding.
Great Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2018
Good compensation, vacation and PDO accrual, paid vacation days, service bonus program for ALL team members. Room discounts are amazing. Family orientated company.
Pros
Pay, work life balance, discount rooms
Cons
Stress levels
Not a Good Job
Valet Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 9, 2018
Always standing outside in the heat of the summer or in the freezing cold of the winter. Not allowed to take a 30 minute break during an 8 hour shift. Might be able to take a 15 minute break if the assistant manager is in a good mood. Guests haven't been tipping generously because of the $20 Valet parking charge overnight. That's $20 every night a guest stays at the hotel!
Pros
Valets get to park luxurious from time to time.
Cons
Don't make much in tips, have to deal with extreme temperatures, don't get positive recognition for your hard work, inconsistent schedule.
Hospitality is readings
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2018
The culture and climate of the hotel, in general, is pleasant. However, the new general manager and the assistant general manager added stress that was not related to the job by way of nepotism and backbiting that took away from the ability to enjoy the position.
Cons
discounts
All in all a decent place to work
Night Auditor Drury Hotels (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2018
Good benefits...Upbeat atmosphere. People working here are like family. Insurance at 32 hours is great. You are on your feet alot and sometimes can get overwhelmingly busy.
Pros
Great people to work with. Good benefits..paid work uniform.
Cons
Very busy.. fast pace at times. Left short handed alot.
Great place to work!
GSA AGENT (Current Employee) –  Drury Inn & SuitesJune 6, 2018
Best Manager I've ever had! She great! I've learned a lot since i started, and I've been trained in a lot of different departments already. I'm very happy for the opportunity.
Pros
Training, flexible, many shifts available.
Cons
Must wait a long while for a slot to open for promotion, unless willing to relocate.
A job for retired people or high schoolers
Food Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 2, 2018
The drury inn was an ok job. The pay was decent but the hours were horrible so the pay didn’t matter . All management was bad except for one manager . They overwork you and if you have an emergency forget about calling in because they’re so understaffed that they’ll make you feel guilty or punish you because you couldn’t make it that day. Only work here if you have no bills to pay or you want to work for 100 bucks a week
Worse job ever
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78230May 31, 2018
Obviously house keeping isn't the best job or the easiest to begin with but the work culture at the hotel is so bad that I was ready to leave after a few days! The other employees act like they are still in high school, they bully new house keepers, make fun of everyone, throw away other peoples lunches, purposely make things harder for new employees, "forget" to tell new hires about breaks, and encourage people to skip lunch to get their work done on time which is illegal by OSHA standards.
Productive Fast paced environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2018
Drury is one of the best hotel establishment companies to work for. They offer great amenities for guests; along with making guests feel like they're at their home away from home. Drury believes in word-of-mouth versus any media sales, which is awesome.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, pay increases
Cons
Can be stressful from time to time
Good Family Owned Company
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 22, 2018
I can't really say too much bad about Drury Hotels. I worked as a Night Auditor. When I first started, there was more down time, which to be honest was one of the main perks of the job. I don't know if it was because "Stay-cations" weren't as big of a thing then, or if the company was still newish as a chain goes, but there would be nights that once my work was done, I could watch a movie at the TV in the lobby. Early on, I could sit and do work while watching TV. As I said, it was a perk of the job.

Later on, Night Auditors took on many Breakfast set-up responsibilities, which was fine, up to cooking the food, which we did also. Then, things just sort of boomed overnight. We would have lots of drunk and hateful walk-ins throughout the night, and there were many times I felt unsafe. I was even robbed at one point, by a fellow employee. They had another room call me away from the desk, then they ripped open the cash drawer, and took everything out of it. It was not always a safe and secure environment. Many times I would tell walk-ins that we were sold out or quote them a high price so that I could feel safe (and get all my duties done).

Overall, I felt like management at my hotel was good. I had great work-life balance. I worked 4 days a week, split between two hotels, so I could earn benefits and help raise the kids. 3 days off a week really helped with that. Benefits were only ok. Pretty expensive. The company has a 401K, but I did not participate at the time.

The hardest part was dealing with drunk and very rude walk-ins, which was a regular occurrence.
  more... The most enjoyable time was the down-time when it happened.  less
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Feeling unsafe at times for Night Auditors
I loved working for this company
House person (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2018
I worked with the Drury Company for nearly five years, and I enjoyed it. Sometimes the work could be hard, but the benefits were great, and I liked the people I worked with. We were offered quarterly bonuses, depending on our sale of rooms.
fsat paste
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 17, 2018
Enjoyed a lot of times when we all had housekeeper week. the company would do something for us. Well I guess you would call it our lay back week for all our hard work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
able to bring family to use the pool
Diverse
Front Desk Agent/Accounts Recieveable (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2018
The location i worked at was near the airport so their was a diverse guest base. There were guest staying a few days and long term as well. I worked the front desk as well as the reception area. The pay is decent and benefits are great. They even have a program for pregnant moms where they provide a free car seat and a few other items.
Fun environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 3, 2018
Really great place to work at. Great way to advance in communication skills, technology skills. Hardest part would be keeping track of all guests as well as managing front desk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drury Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight