Drury Hotels Employee Reviews

Very positive atmosphere and always room to advance
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2018
I started with the company as a simple housekeeper. About a month in the company gave the while housekeeping department a raise which was very unexpected. After my 90 days I got nice raise which I didn't expect it to be as much as it was. After about six months I was cross trained to bartending in which Drury paid for my liquor license so I was also able to pick up extra hours working the bar during kickback. Once I got that mastered I told my manager that I would like to learn the front desk and that's when I got cross trained to front desk and then I trained in the kitchen. All this was in about a year and a half of working here. I then permanently got moved to to the front desk. Once I got that down pat I said I would like to learn more about the back of the house. My manager believed in me enough to train me as an Assistant Executive Housekeeper and to this day I am very grateful to be working with the company as an Assistant Executive Housekeeper and soon I am hoping to be in the company program to become a full Executive Housekeeper.
There are no limits to what you can do in this company and I absolutely love it and don't plan on going no where but up with Drury.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses unexpected bonuses great pay great benefits great management
Cons
None for me
New Orleans -Hotel Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 5, 2018
Very Productive and interactive with the guests! The hotel was very upbeat around the Mardi Gras season. This is a location I would definitely refer anyone to work at.
Great Job with Benefits
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 27, 2018
Worked with Drury Hotels for 5 years. It was a great experience. Managers really cared and wanted employees to succeed personally and professionally. Learned so many different departments and skills while I worked there.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Hit or Miss Management
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 18, 2018
There were some managers that were good but there were definitely some terrible managers there, which ultimately made me decide to leave the company. The other employees and the job itself was not bad, and the discounts at other properties were great. It seems like other properties had a really great management team so it may have just been mine and not company wide.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 14, 2018
Drury as a whole is a great company and does very well. The amenities that they offer are better than most hotels, especially is this area. They do a lot with the military in town and often hold groups of them that are training there at the base.
New Managnment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63141November 13, 2018
1. A typical day at work can be very stressful.

2. How to clean rooms faster.

3.Management wasn't fair at the time I was working there.

4.Workplace culture was okay.

5.The hardest part of the job is the managers not being fair to all the workers.

6.The most enjoyable part of this job was the Christmas party.
Good Place To Work
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHNovember 13, 2018
Loved working here and the people, however the hours, low pay and working on Holidays are a deal breaker. The staff was very kind, and the guests were for the most part as well.
Fun evi
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 8, 2018
I loved working there I worked front desk and had a lot of people coming to me and asking me questions and I had to help them out and give them feedback
Pros
Free food sometime
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work but worth it
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 3, 2018
It is hard work, they are very strict, but the pay and coworkers make it a great work place. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone. They always strive to be the best!
Great Company
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2018
Overall, Drury Hotels is a great company to work for. I have really enjoyed my career with them. It's great to be in the St. Louis area and work for them since corporate is in town.
Pros
Work/life balance
Not great
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 1, 2018
Not great is actually being kind. This is a pretty terrible place to work.

Positives: its busy. There is always work to do. You get cross-trained in every department whether you want to or not. Possibilities for bonuses. Discounted rates on hotel rooms.

The negatives: working with ornery people. Poor communication. No set schedule. You can work nights one week then days the next. Most weeks the schedule isn't posted until the day or two before the week starts so you can forget about your personal life. When you ask for days off management will give you a lecture about asking for time off. Mgmt will even straight up tell you you can't call out even if you're sick which brings me to the worst part.

Management only looks out for number one. Never helps the team. Leaves early, especially during peak times like evenings and weekends. Takes vacation days every month then gets mad when you ask to take time off. No accountability. Seemingly no concern for the well being of the employees so long as our numbers are good. To make matters worse, upper management turned a blind eye to the problem, even when they were confronted about the issue.
Pros
Discounted rooms, quarterly bonuses
Cons
No breaks, management, kickback
Exciting place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 29, 2018
It would be alit better if everyone did they job and stopped slackin on their cleaning. Also it would be nice to be able to get 40 hours a week. Working for the company is great. The problem lies with management. There is alot of favoritism and unfair salaries and no room for advancement.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours.
Good job, more for younger teenagers
Dishwasher/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2018
The job was nice just not enough hours, it has good management and team members, good opportunity because Drury Hotels are known. I left this job to be a full time student but it helped me take Care my responsibilities at the time, and it’s a growning business, with great opportunity as well.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hours very depending of your position
Good Company
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 27, 2018
I loved working for Drury and would like to go back. The regular customers are always a treat. I quit too soon due knowing that my manager and supervisor were both embezzling money. If I just stayed on an extra week, I would be working there to this day.
Fun work
Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIOctober 24, 2018
The job was fun while it lasted and allowed study time for college students. The owners were great and management was good. Fun to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
slow paced
productive work place
Housekeeping\Laundry (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2018
we had so much fun in the meeting that they had for us we played games and won prizes. Holidays we have a pot luck and dinners . coworkers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
games and prizes
Cons
poor managment, stressful work place
Night Auditor Position - Safe, Challenging yet Rewarding
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 29, 2018
My Position: I work an extremely part time position as a night auditor. Typically I work 1 night per week, the shift being 10:45pm-7am. If you are full time, it may be likely that they will ask you go between a night audit position and a driver position. The driver position does cleaning for the hotel and takes guests to or from the airport (if applicable at your location. The driver may also take guests to other areas at other locations but for mine it is purely to and from the airport).

What I do: For my location, I follow a checklist and have to print reports, put together key packets, set up breakfast and record any incidents. I am also responsible for guest safety and verifying if someone at the door is someone I should let in.

Management: My mangers are incredibly supportive. They trust my judgement calls, be it letting someone inside to make a late night reservation or discounting services for guests who are not satisfied. They also are supportive that if I do not feel safe letting someone in, I can turn them away. I feel incredibly safe at this job. The hotel is usually full of up to 450 people on the weekend, but all the doors are secured and locked.

The Job: The work is not very demanding if you have been in customer service before. You will likely not see many guests and typically all you need to do for guests is check them in, recommend local bars or restaurants or bring up items such as toothpaste and towels. I love the job and sometimes I have downtime which helps me ensure I am covering all my bases and can even help out A shift by getting ahead for
  more... them.

Benefits: Full-Time employees recieve awesome benefits including insurance and quarterly bonuses based on performance. Even part time employees are able to qualify for the quarterly bonuses, I just do not work enough hours to qualify. You also are compensated for signing up guests for the reward program. If you refer someone to work at the Drury and they hit a 90 day period, you are compensated for providing Drury with that reference. Extremely discounted hotel rooms are also offered to employees regardless of hourly status. Some of the lowest rooms are down to $35 and up to maybe $50. It’s a HUGE plus! You cannot make a reservation at the hotel you work in, but any other Drury hotel in the country is fair game. 90 day evaluations are done. At my first evaluation, a perfect score allowed me to get a 6% increase of my current wage.

I absolutely love my job here. I am supported by management and compensated well for my time and efforts.
The only real cons may be if you are not adjusted to night shift hours. I’ve never had any issues with management or coworkers. Management is flexible and my coworkers are down to earth people who aren’t out to create any drama. We all work as a team.
Pros
Benefits, Good Management, Simple Tasks, Low Customer Service Demands
Cons
Only Con Is If You Do Not Like Night Shifts
Fun Environment
Guest Service Agent\Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2018
Working at the Drury Hotel afforded me the opportunity to meet and network with a diverse group of people while they where staying at the hotel whether it was for business or pleasure.
Night Auditor, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for Drury Hotels because they are family oriented and will work with you in a family crisis or if you needed time off for special events in your life. The hardest part of my job was working at night alone with no help during crisis situations.
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh paSeptember 19, 2018
It’s a fun and caring environment , managers and co workers really help when you need help , they treat everyone like family , and there hasn’t been any issues since i started !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drury Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight