Drury Hotels Culture reviews

Cool
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 17, 2019
Cool cool cool cool. They show empoloyee cars. Work with you. Very nice. Pay very good
Give bonus every 3 months. Comes in handy . Wish I could still work there
hard work for low pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 11, 2019
The culture is relatively toxic within the housekeeping department. It is very hard work for low wages. While the benefits are decent after 90 days, the actual pay is low and difficult
Great work enviroment
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 2, 2019
The hardest part of my job is staffing, finding reliable housekeepers in this market is tough. The most rewarding aspect of my job is my team and the dedication they have to the company.
Glad to have worked for a company that is family built, owned, and operated
General Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 22, 2019
You will work harder and longer. The company is stable, but your experience will be largely based on your direct supervisor and who that person reports to. There are different versions of Drury. This company works to minimize distraction and keep the attention on the customer.
Pros
organized, structured, honors loyalty
Cons
the politics are very personal
New Managnment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63141November 13, 2018
1. A typical day at work can be very stressful.

2. How to clean rooms faster.

3.Management wasn't fair at the time I was working there.

4.Workplace culture was okay.

5.The hardest part of the job is the managers not being fair to all the workers.

6.The most enjoyable part of this job was the Christmas party.
Hard work but worth it
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 3, 2018
It is hard work, they are very strict, but the pay and coworkers make it a great work place. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone. They always strive to be the best!
Fun Environment
Guest Service Agent\Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2018
Working at the Drury Hotel afforded me the opportunity to meet and network with a diverse group of people while they where staying at the hotel whether it was for business or pleasure.
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh paSeptember 19, 2018
It’s a fun and caring environment , managers and co workers really help when you need help , they treat everyone like family , and there hasn’t been any issues since i started !
Great place
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work and learn. I enjoyed my time there and was sad to go. It was a very nice atmosphere to work in. Customer service was the most important thing.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2018
it is a great place to work. team member help each other they try to give you the best experiences. working with wonderful people you always can account with this people
Pros
lunch
Cons
shorth breaks
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2018
Cleaning 24 rooms .. How to move at at a extreme fast pace. Management was great workplace culture was ok. Alot of rooms in one day . The staff was team players
Pros
Cons
Too many rooms per employee
Maintain sanitation and cleanliness of room conduct quailty control address all patron concern and question.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2018
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there. What I do like about my job is it's something I love to do Cleaning an outing a smile on the costumers faces an what I don't like about it is when I'm not getting enough of hours.
Pros
Exciting and energetic
Cons
Short break
People are great
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2018
The people who work there are team workers friendly hard working. Always busy. Pay for line employees is good. There are bonuses. Not much team work from management
Pros
mBenifits
Cons
Managememt
Great company genuinely cares about its people and customers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2018
I loved working for Drury. The issue becomes that you are "married" to the hotel- 24/7! The hotel business doesnt have days off. that makes it hard on family life...
Pros
Cons
lack of family time
Productive and fast-pace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 16, 2018
My typical day at work was great, I enjoyed what I did and I will stand by my work. I learned about time management while cleaning 20+ rooms a day. The management at Drury Inn was amazing, they treat everyone equally. The work place culture was great and the only bad thing I would have to say about Drury Inn were the other housekeepers, they say they are there to help you and if you have any questions just ask. BUT, when the time comes when you need help or answers, they give you such a hard time and unnecessary attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the customers leaving notes stating how good of a job I did.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
good job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 22, 2018
good place to work, friendly people. Good benefits. They do a good job of finding the right people for the positions open. They are continually gorwing.
typical day
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 13, 2018
Every property is different as far as management style. My job consist of Greeting guest in a warm and friendly way, Catering to guest needs in a timely and professional manner, Making, canceling, and editing reservations, Checking guest in and out, Balancing register at end of shift, Filing paperwork and reports, keeping a clean and organized station. the culture is very diverse. the hardest part of my job is trying to check guest in and not having enough clean rooms at check in time. the most enjoyable part of my job is making my guest happy and being able to make their stay relaxing and comfortable. i also love popping the pop corn for the children at the hotel. being able to make someone smile and create a real connection with my guest is the most rewarding.
Hospitality is readings
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2018
The culture and climate of the hotel, in general, is pleasant. However, the new general manager and the assistant general manager added stress that was not related to the job by way of nepotism and backbiting that took away from the ability to enjoy the position.
Cons
discounts
Worse job ever
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78230May 31, 2018
Obviously house keeping isn't the best job or the easiest to begin with but the work culture at the hotel is so bad that I was ready to leave after a few days! The other employees act like they are still in high school, they bully new house keepers, make fun of everyone, throw away other peoples lunches, purposely make things harder for new employees, "forget" to tell new hires about breaks, and encourage people to skip lunch to get their work done on time which is illegal by OSHA standards.
Fun environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 3, 2018
Really great place to work at. Great way to advance in communication skills, technology skills. Hardest part would be keeping track of all guests as well as managing front desk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drury Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight