Dry Harbor Nursing Home Employee Reviews

Working short all the time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  61 35 dry harbor rd Middle village Queen nyNovember 30, 2018
The company is not bad but the staff is overwhelmed with work loads because we work short almost every day there is no one to complain to about the working conditions
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Horrible place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloatAugust 28, 2018
I went there after renewing my license fir cna, they soend 3 days orientation telling u about policy and orocedures, then they throw you on the floor to work. They don’t orient you to the floor, you dont know your patients, who they are, the staff that is there is rushing you to work fast, you are running all over because they dont have supplies, its a temp job through an agency so they dont even hire u directly. They claim to be union but they aren’t on 1199 list of homes. You have anywhere from 13-20 patients you have to take care of alone, the other aides dont help you except to tell u to hurry up. Coming from a hospital where everyone works together, this was a terrible experience.
Pros
Free coffee, free sneakers, free lunch
Cons
Low pay, temp position, rude workers, no team effort
Some employees are cool to work with.
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYApril 10, 2018
Honestly I don't know how Dry Harbor Kitchen is run now but when I worked there it wasn't run well. Not much room to grow and they take advantage of hard workers.
Cons
No benefits if you're a temp and little to no union availability
Temporary position.My school sent us the student there after graduation.from access school of nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYOctober 13, 2017
As a graduated CNA before attending PCT school and passed my certification state exam, I have no option than to accept the temporary position and perform my duty according to the policy stipulated by Dry Harbor nursing Home, within the scope of my job description.The staff and the adminsitrators are nice.
Pros
opportunity to have nursing home experience and hospital experience working at NYPQ as volunteer.
Cons
The temporary position last for one year according to my school arrangement
Helpful work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Middle Village, NYAugust 1, 2017
I really like this work place because they are very helpful and kind with their employees. The place is very convenient to reach by subways and buses. it is located in very safe neighborhood.
Pros
open kitchen
review
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYAugust 1, 2017
the social workers and supervisor is nice and friendly I met. Began a social work intern and work for my supervisor is hard work and it was fun. I got along with co-workers.
Caring for Those in Need
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYOctober 22, 2016
I had an amazing experiencing working at the Nursing Home. Dry Harbor prides themselves on taking care of the sick and elderly.
Great place to wrk
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MiddleOctober 7, 2016
Excellent place to work, everyone at dry harbor nursing home ftrat you with respect.
When working along side the nursing supervisor it's like a team work. Dry harbor cares for all residents.
Helping the Elderly and learning from there experience in life
Director of Housekeeping and Laundry Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Check all work done by floor tec on night shift check employee atendence check security log have department head meeting at 10;00AM every morning make rounds through out facility take inventory on linen and chemical supplys Have a QA system in place inservice all employees on proper use of chemicals and policies and procedure according to facility standards for Nursing Homes.Inventory and document all lost and found property on a regular basis Help other departments with setups for all residents programs and occasions.
Pros
Learning How to take care of elderly people
Cons
two hrs driving to get to my office
Nursing Home
Porter/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 22, 2016
The environment is great, full of great co-workers and the management is perspective. You start of with good pay and the are very flexible with the schedule.
starter job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 22, 2015
this was a very hard job
learn alot of new skills here
management was okay
coworkers are not very nice
hardest part of job is the commute to work
Pros
you would learn a few skills, employ new grads
Cons
commute too far
Amazing
SYEP Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYAugust 31, 2015
what a great experience to work with the residents and learn so much about every one and see all the happy faces and the amazing staff i would love to work there again
its a job
Dietary Aide/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middle Village, NYJuly 29, 2015
flexible for students. if you get into the union then a raise and medical benefits, until then you are a temp. Jewish facility they keep kosher so no mixing of meat and dairy
Pros
union based
Cons
union based
A place where you can work with elderly and learn from them
Recreational Aide Intern (Former Employee) –  Dry Harbor Road Queens, Middle Village, NY 11379June 20, 2015
I would go to different floors through out the building and make sure everyone in a positive and under control mood. As well as making temperately friends with the elderly while being there for rehab I would always give them a helping hand when every they felt they needed.
it is a flexible place
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 30, 2015
It is a place where people can learn. Some employees do have benefits but it is because they are temporary employees. it is a good place to work.
Shantell
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Middle Village, NYJanuary 30, 2015
It was a long lovley work experienece , good staff helpful coworkers no benifits reasonable shifts ,overall it was a lifetime experience
Challenging and fulfilling workload
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middle Village, NYJuly 10, 2014
A typical day is filled with tasks where I can utilize my social and basic CNA skills. I enjoy working with patients and helping them to reach a better state of health.
Great learning experience,
Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 16, 2012
the senior staff on every floor know exactly what they're doing, and they do it with pride. They make sure they teach new Nurse aide the right way to do things, effectively and efficiently.
Positive and fast-paced enviornment
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 27, 2012
A typical day at Dry Harbor Nursing Home consists of keeping residents entertained, safe and comfortable. I've learned to be more social with others. Managers are involved with workers and are easy to communicate with. Co-workers are friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job for me is not having enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to entertain the residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dry Harbor Nursing Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Dry Harbor Nursing Home Reviews by Location