Drybar Employee Reviews

great coworkers, but it is going downhill fast
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2019
Even with the slight increase up to minimum wage, stylists are making less and less. Hours are constantly being cut. We didn't go to school and work our butts off to be treated like this. They talk about room for advancement, but they have gotten rid of so many positions there isn't anywhere to go as a stylist. Unless you work the management path, you wont be moving anywhere.
Sometimes fun, sometimes a scene from a horror movie
Bartender/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwich Village, NYMarch 19, 2019
As a bartender (receptionist), I pretty much ran the shop, since my manager was never in the actual salon. After four months, I did get bumped up to an assistant manager to make it easier on my manager, but it was a doodoo show the whole time. The clients that would come in were HORRIBLE, nasty people. I would be threatened, sometimes multiple times a day, and if I wasn’t being threatened or yelled at in the salon, it would be on the subway ride home at 12:30 AM, since that was the time I’d typically leave, because of overbooking. The people running this company will keep 12 open slots for appointments, even if you only have 4 stylists working at once. So when you book all 12 of those appointments at 3 PM, with only 4 stylists in the shop at that time slot, you’re screwed. People would blame me for overbooking when in fact there was nothing I could do, and if I ever was caught explaining that to a client, I’d get reprimanded. I liked running the shop, but in the end, it’s just not worth it for me. But my coworkers became like a little family to me, and when I left, it was like a domino effect of every other stylist leaving.
Pros
Getting a day off if you find coverage
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, no overtime, crazy clients
Horrible Work Life Balance For Management
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2019
This place is a joke. They claim to be about their culture yet they work managers to the point of mental breakdowns and hospitalization. When they say we are family they mean drybar is the only family you will have time for. I would never recommend anyone to work here after how poorly I and other managers were treated.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
NO work life balance
Best Job I've ever had, hands down!
Shop Educator (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 11, 2019
I just want to start off by saying, that Drybar is the best job I've ever had hands down! The management is amazing, very accommodating, and they live the heart and soul values. Personally our manager cares for her stylists like family! When Drybar Raleigh opened their Cary location I was, what I like to call a “founding stylist”. I worked opening day!! That was the day I completely fell in love with being a stylist again! I was so over working at half assed jobs that didn't suit me. So, I am so happy that I found Drybar as my new place of employment. Because I have been having the absolute time of my life!

Everyone is absolutely amazing, caring and ambition driven. There is plenty of room for advancement, you have to dig and get it! The opportunity is there you have to create it for yourself. Nobody is going to hand it to you. I was promoted within two months of being there! I am now the Shop Educator, for Drybar Cary. The pay is very well compensating. Parking is adequate, and we have amazing clients. It is an amazing place to build your clientele, if that is what you are looking for. We also love to help promote you as a stylist. So if you are looking for an amazing extended family and to do amazing things come to Drybar! You won't be disappointed!

✌️,💛, Blowouts
Pros
Discounts, fun contests, culture, extend family, great parking, flexible shifts, accommodating schedule
Cons
N/a
No room for growth and terrible management
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 11, 2019
Drybar hires people with little to no experience in managing and anything really! They run this place horribly never respond to you & are just plain childish. Don’t even consider this as a full time job because you don’t get hours either only on the weekends. Then to top it off they overbook everyone (on purpose) and leave you rushing with every client you have and get mad at you when the other clients waiting get mad! This job is too stressful and just flat out annoying for the $8.25 an hour. :(
Pros
50% off discounts
Cons
No breaks, horrible management, bad pay, no growth, negative energy everywhere
Before Drybar used to be a fun place to work but not anymore
stylist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 28, 2019
Drybar doesn’t care for their staff ( stylist and receptionist). They would never recognize how good a stylist is but they would find many thing to complain about them. The managers love to manipulate the stylists and when they don’t need them, the stylist will be send home. Before Drybar had more value for their staff but after Alli Web sold the company to be franchise, Drybar is not the same with the employees. All they care now is to make $$$. So if you are looking to work at Drybar make sure you are ready to do everything for a firm that doesn’t care for their stylist/ receptionist.
Pros
Guarantee clients, flexibility schedule, improve your blowout skills.
Cons
They don’t provide food, sometimes theirs no time to take lunch, stylist can’t give an opinion, they don’t value their employees
It’s an okay job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PAFebruary 12, 2019
It’s okah could be better, management sucks makes you work all day with no break on weekends because they are so busy. No room for advancement. Just an okay job.
Cons
No benefits, low pay
The team was like a family
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 5, 2019
It was a good job experience. Unfortunately working in the 90210 has its cons. No employee parking, some rude customers, no breaks in between clients. I also went through 3 managers in the length of 8 months being there, sadly when I had put my 2 weeks in the new manager came in and put it as I can't get rehired due to no 2 week notice. She was rude and knew I was leaving and gave me a write up, the first I ever got too. Overall an ok company to work at.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Management, parking, etc.
Fun work Place
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Really nice working here. But it is a lot of work so be ready for the hustle. Great staff , relaxed environment and everyone becomes family. Is fast paced during busy season .
Great company for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2019
Long hours for management, however you just have to know how to balance it.
promotion rate is pretty fast with Drybar, environment is fast paced. Great place to work.
Pros
promotions
Cons
work life balance does not exist
Great place out of beauty school
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2019
perfect place fresh out of beauty school to learn how to do an awesome blow-dry or to help bring clients to your full service salon. but to only work here full time I don't recommend it. blow drying all day with no breaks is very hard on your body. salon is always overbooked on weekends and customers get very angry that they've been waiting 20- 45mins most of the time. Bartenders ( Front Desk people) are always stressed from the clients constantly asking when they'll be taken and then they project that stress on the stylists to hurry up and finish. its no ones fault but DRYBAR for always overbooking the salon and expecting us to deal with the chaos. Salon has no phone, appointments are made on the app or by calling a direct Drybar hotline. So front desk has almost no control over how things are booked. Thats when its busy, when its slow they call all stylists for the morning rush and then send almost half the staff home early, not worth your time. Especially if you work in a city where you have to pay for parking. You make very little commission on products and add on services, and oh THEY TAX YOUR TIPS! If customers tip on the card you don't even receive your full tip amount.
Pros
learn to do an awesome blow out, flexible hours, good products
Cons
no breaks, taxed tips, benefits suck, no growth in company
When she comes in? When She Leaves?
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
walk into drybar you feel light weight dropped of your shoulders.all you need is a coffee a tea glass of white wine or champagne. lets make this blowout better than your last one.
Have A Wonderful Day.
Pros
it is a fun and healthy environment
Cons
parking, traffic
It’s a hit or miss as far as business goes
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 14, 2019
My money has to stay consistent and some days we are without clients for long periods of time. Although I am paid hourly, it could be doubled if I was taking care of a client instead.
Pros
Easy money, fun environment, great products to work with
Cons
When it’s slow
Fun work place
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2019
i enjoyed working at the dry bar in San Francisco, everyone was so helpful and friendly. great energy all around! the hardest part about my job was just the commute. but the most enjoyable part was having each guest walk out with a smile on their face and loving their hairstyle!
Pros
lots of food choices near by
Cons
commute from Modesto
could be a great place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2018
If you're in a shop where there is actual room for growth, congratulations. The pay is terrible if you have real bills and are trying to financially support yourself with that being your only job. If it's a second job and its just extra income, the job is great. The shifts aren't super long unless you want them to be. Depending on the location you work at, sometimes it'll take an entire year to get a raise that doesn't even make a difference to your check. I enjoyed the freedom of the dress code and the good music...thats about it though. If you like to color and cut hair, do not work here full time. Eventually you will get bored of just blowing out hair and doing updos.
Pros
dress code and good music
Cons
no lunch breaks, no career growth opportunity, no health benefits or 401k
Upbeat and easy going place to work
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 13, 2018
Nice place to work, weekdays are a little slower but the weekends are very fast paced and competitive. Great working environment and best staff I've ever worked with. At Drybar we are all about blowouts! No haircuts or color. Hours aren't consistent which is the only downside.
!Horrible!
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 2, 2018
Disgusting...I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. Drybar sucks! Management needs Basic to Advance Management classes. Workplace culture is horrible...instead of helping a weak, struggling Stylist the other Stylists watch their fellow Stylist sink like the Titanic. The Bartender's 'need' attitude adjustments. The hardest part of the job...nothing hard about it. If you're desperate be prepared to be dealing with inexperienced and lazy management, unprofessional and nasty habit Stylist!
Great place to train
Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2018
Initially drybar can be great! Unfortunately it all depends on management. How great you are is erelavent. It's great money if you hustle. Dry bar s all about retail no more no less!!!
Core values are questionable. You can be late every day and a slow paced worker, and lazy and somehow its overlooked, but others would be on their game and be more aggressive and is fround up on. This job is as secured as playing Russian roulette
It's high school entertainment, with over grown children running these stores. A "TEAM PLAYER " is never appreciated , but taken advantage of. My final thought is in my experiance dry bar is an in and out job!get your experience and get out!!!!
Pros
Hourly wages
Cons
They use your tips to meet minimum wage, lol
drybar is a good company to start fresh
Assistant Manager/Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 20, 2018
This company is great if your just looking for side job or something to make a little extra cash. Definitely not something for someone who is looking for a long term, fair employment.
Such a fun place to work.
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 9, 2018
A typical day is checking in/ checking out clients. Cleaning up and selling product. Learned to handle upset customers and how to us BOOKER. Most enjoyable part of the job is when clients leave happy with their services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drybar. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight