DS Services Employee Reviews

They say Circuses are run by Clowns...
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PASeptember 10, 2018
The management at this place is an absolute joke. They'll make stupid decisions and blame YOU for the outcome. Expect to be thrown under the bus DAILY. Also, be on the lookout for the standard buddy culture of a union environment which will be sure to screw you over on the daily as well. These people will abuse any leeway they have outside of the union contract. If you choose to work here, make sure you keep up with applications on the side.
Pros
Got Paid.
Cons
Everything Else.
DS Services
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 8, 2018
I have been with the company for 3 years
My location is great
We have a lot of employees that work hard for the customers
Management is bearable
They care about the customer experience and not just numbers
Didn't work there too long
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2018
Temporary job but overall good experience. Didn't work there too long temporary job. Work from 5 to 9 there was hardly any management which made working there much simpler., I also had excellent coworkers.
people there are friendly and willing to help but the managment needs a little work.
DRIVER/DELIVERY (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2018
People there are friendly and willing to help but the managment needs a little work. There are always runs for you to do. The only worst part of the job that I would say is the traffic.
Very Micro Managed
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2018
The ability to work and make business decisions does not exist. Expectations are always changing and very difficult to keep track of. There is a lot of paperwork to verify what you are doing.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Labor intensive
Company
Key Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 18, 2018
DS Services is a great company to work for. The management is well balanced. The typical work day is steady paced. The hardest part of the job is getting the responses from the branch and the account managers in a timely manner.
Excellent training for the Jobs
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 10, 2018
I had wonderful experiences speaking with customers throughout the country. Also I felt good when I was able to help the customers with their concerns or direct them to the right departments. Since we were an inbound call center, calling the customers back with the status of their concerns were very limited per management. I like to take care of the customer completely. It was hard for me to just just take care of their concerns and not call them back to let them know.
fun work place and keeps you busy
Team Lead/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 8, 2018
well organized business. I worked hard for this company and very competitive. keeps you busy with the different incoming queue calls. I would win all star yearly and incentives. I was sad to hear that the business had to relocate out of state.
I would recommend the job.
Pros
incentives
Cons
the business relocating
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Speaking with customers in related to their bills, and home and office deliveries,
create and upload special billed invoices for corporate office accounts.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
point system
Out dated company
Area Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAAugust 7, 2018
Very complacent managers. Stuck in the 90's. warehouse is filled with products that you are not encourged to sell. Took months to get business cards, managers are lazy. at least from lakeside location.
OK Company
Tier 2 Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2018
Overall Ds Services was an OK company, However the management with in the company is very unprofessional. Even though I did lose my job because of my actions (missing work due to my son having ADHD and Autism) never have I been fired over the phone , which the approach this company decided to take . The supervisors (not all) are rude too.
Pros
Job Security, Pay for the area
Cons
Management and supervisors
hard work, but rewarding
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 3, 2018
Flexible working hours, the branch was like a family. Upper level management and supply chain need work. Dont always appreciate their employees effort.
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 31, 2018
Be able to work in a fast paced call center environment- Be able to multitask- Be able to use varies computer systems on a day to day bases to perform your job.
Rewarding and Fun place tow work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2018
If you like hard work and being rewarded for your efforts, DS Services would make a great career. As an route salesman your earning potential is unlimited. Training is provided in sales and safety. Although your work hours are not set because you work until the route us finished, you do enjoy weekends off.
Pros
Weekends off, Great earning potential
Fun Place to work
Senior Security Architect / Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2018
Some of the most upbeat, friendly office cultures I've ever seen. From warehouse workers to the CEO, almost everyone has a friendly face and is happy to be here. It feels like a small company because of how tight-knit everyone is, even though it's getting bigger and bigger. It also has a very positive atmosphere, free of discrimination.
Good Place to work as a Class B driver
Route Sales Repersentative at Sierra Springs (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 18, 2018
Sierra Springs is a great opportunity to make good money as long as you stick to the ideals that they have. Great way to learn and enhance customer related skills.
Pros
variable hours and good pay
Cons
hours can be long during the summer
Comfortable work-space with reliable leadership
"Resolution Support Associate" (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33810July 17, 2018
The workplace culture is very relaxed with assistance available when needed. You can rest assured if you need help you will find it. An excellent leadership team that cares for their employees by coordinating events and positive motivators to boost morale.
Pros
Great benefits, good leadership, flexibility
Cons
Limited communication between front-line and call center
Productive and fun please to work.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work is running reports. Correct any pricing that may have been submitted incorrectly, communicating with customers concerning any billing issues. Send finished bill to customer via excel spreadsheet ,pdf or on third party billing site, Hardest part of a day is when systems go down and customer bills need to be sent. enjoyable part of the day is when you know that your customer is happy with their bill.
always busy
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cortez, NVJuly 11, 2018
you got to be safe always and know your surroundings all the time.Good place to work for. Be on time, always stay positive.All jobs have ups and downs, in managements, with co workers. and stress on your feet.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 9, 2018
I had fun learning about the water business. I got to go on a drive a long and see how hard the drivers work to deliver the water. I worked as customer service although stressful I had a great time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DS Services. Our community is ready to answer.