DS Services Employee Reviews

Good workplace environment
Customer Care Rep Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 10, 2018
A typical day at work is in an nutshell answer a lot of calls specially Monday's. The calls are back to back. I can with everything else, good benefits, good environment, good people, and good management, but the calls for me are very stressful. And you'll get changes every week, good for customers, bad for the employees.
Pros
Benefits, good training, learn new things
Cons
Stressful, lot of task, very strict
Environment
Call center- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 4, 2018
This was a company that made sure you were well trained in the position you were given. They provided a 5 week training course before actually starting the job which was great. It was a great company to work for that I feel I would still be there today. Unfortunately, they closed down and moved the company to Florida They offered packages for us to be able to follow, however I had just moved to California, so I was unable to make the move.
A Room Full of Islands
SENIOR REACT DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 11, 2018
"Heads-down coding" is the overall mentality here. Here's the work, get it done. You're a ticket-taker, not an innovator. Everyone is friendly enough, but there is zero culture there. I ate lunch alone for a year.
Pros
Autonomy, 4 week Sprints, well-balanced workload, work-life balance is good, opportunity to work from home a couple days a week
Cons
No friendships to be made. Everyone is an island and they're just there collecting their paychecks.
They say Circuses are run by Clowns...
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PASeptember 10, 2018
The management at this place is an absolute joke. They'll make stupid decisions and blame YOU for the outcome. Expect to be thrown under the bus DAILY. Also, be on the lookout for the standard buddy culture of a union environment which will be sure to screw you over on the daily as well. These people will abuse any leeway they have outside of the union contract. If you choose to work here, make sure you keep up with applications on the side.
Pros
Got Paid.
Cons
Everything Else.
Excellent training for the Jobs
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 10, 2018
I had wonderful experiences speaking with customers throughout the country. Also I felt good when I was able to help the customers with their concerns or direct them to the right departments. Since we were an inbound call center, calling the customers back with the status of their concerns were very limited per management. I like to take care of the customer completely. It was hard for me to just just take care of their concerns and not call them back to let them know.
This company has changed dramatically with new ownership
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 6, 2018
The difference between when I was originally hired in 2004 to present day is drastically different. The sale of the company caused increase in cost of health benefits and a decrease in quality of coverage. Loss of customer base with the sales team not replacing the customers lost
Pros
Hours
Cons
Gradual decline in appeal ability
Good job but very demanding
ROUTE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2018
Its a good place to work with decent pay for class B drivers. The physical demands though really take a toll after a while, as well as the demands to sell while on route despite the time it takes just to finish a day's route.
Pros
Good pay for Class B CDL
Cons
physical and hourly demands
OK Company
Tier 2 Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2018
Overall Ds Services was an OK company, However the management with in the company is very unprofessional. Even though I did lose my job because of my actions (missing work due to my son having ADHD and Autism) never have I been fired over the phone , which the approach this company decided to take . The supervisors (not all) are rude too.
Pros
Job Security, Pay for the area
Cons
Management and supervisors
Comfortable work-space with reliable leadership
"Resolution Support Associate" (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33810July 17, 2018
The workplace culture is very relaxed with assistance available when needed. You can rest assured if you need help you will find it. An excellent leadership team that cares for their employees by coordinating events and positive motivators to boost morale.
Pros
Great benefits, good leadership, flexibility
Cons
Limited communication between front-line and call center
Rewarding and Fun place tow work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2018
If you like hard work and being rewarded for your efforts, DS Services would make a great career. As an route salesman your earning potential is unlimited. Training is provided in sales and safety. Although your work hours are not set because you work until the route us finished, you do enjoy weekends off.
Pros
Weekends off, Great earning potential
Cons
Productive and fun please to work.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work is running reports. Correct any pricing that may have been submitted incorrectly, communicating with customers concerning any billing issues. Send finished bill to customer via excel spreadsheet ,pdf or on third party billing site, Hardest part of a day is when systems go down and customer bills need to be sent. enjoyable part of the day is when you know that your customer is happy with their bill.
fun work place and keeps you busy
Team Lead/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 8, 2018
well organized business. I worked hard for this company and very competitive. keeps you busy with the different incoming queue calls. I would win all star yearly and incentives. I was sad to hear that the business had to relocate out of state.
I would recommend the job.
Pros
incentives
Cons
the business relocating
Positions, work description, can change without notice.
sales (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WAJuly 10, 2018
I vasilated from inside sales to outside sales.

Business to business

And

Inside costco in a booth.

Sometimes slow pace , sometimes very fast pace.

The key to sucess here is Location-Location-Location.

100,000 a year
verses
40,000 a year

Is largely dependant on the store, Traffic, & Water Quality.
Pros
Autonomy- No boss
Cons
You get put where you get put, and Store and water quality in area vastly effect sales.
Fun Place to work
Senior Security Architect / Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2018
Some of the most upbeat, friendly office cultures I've ever seen. From warehouse workers to the CEO, almost everyone has a friendly face and is happy to be here. It feels like a small company because of how tight-knit everyone is, even though it's getting bigger and bigger. It also has a very positive atmosphere, free of discrimination.
Its decent
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mableton, GAJune 30, 2018
Most of the managers are cool,some of them are jerks but only if you let them be a jerks to you,,great co workers and good overtime depending on what department your in.If you just need a quick job to meet months end this is the place,But if your looking for a career don't waste your time applying here you have people that have been working here 20 years only making 16 or 17 dollars and hour And the company DOES NOT PROMOTE WITHIN so your not becoming a supervisor or manager no matter how good of an employee you are from 1 to 10 I'll give them a 5 1/2.Good luck
Pros
Free lunch, overtime
Cons
No career advancement, don't expect a raise every year
Pays well, but soul crushing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 19, 2018
Worked as a call center representative for Sparkletts. The pay was decent but working customer service is never fun, especially when there's a lack of communication between the call centers and the local branches.
if you have a family not for you!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 7, 2018
Mangagers aren't good, hours too long, they don't maintenance trucks, they don't care if your driving on expired plates all they care about is how many people you serve a day. They don't care if your sick, if your kids are sick, all they want you to do is deliver water for 12 hours a day. Don't try to call off sick, don't try to use your vacation days that you earn because management will have a conniption!!
Pros
if you like over time pay its there.
Cons
managers, long hours, the way the company is ran on a day to day.
Fun staff and incentives
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2018
This place was awesome, if you can get past your Morales. I love it and all the coworkers were amazing.. I would recommend this place any day of the week. It is a bummer they do not rehire.
Pros
Canteen, fun staff.
Cons
Shory lunches (30 minutes)
Fun place to work
ROUTE SALES (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2018
Great Management, fun place to work, flexible work hours, it feels like a friendly family work environment. Target goals are fair and the customers are great.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
trucks maintenance are not well serviced or invested in.
hard work, decent hours
Route Sales Representative (RSR) (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 6, 2018
Hard work but you can make your pay.
A typical days is to carry a lot of 5 gallon bottles of water.
You can learn great customer relation skills and account management.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hard on the body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DS Services. Our community is ready to answer.