DS Services Employee Reviews

Comfortable work-space with reliable leadership
"Resolution Support Associate" (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33810July 17, 2018
The workplace culture is very relaxed with assistance available when needed. You can rest assured if you need help you will find it. An excellent leadership team that cares for their employees by coordinating events and positive motivators to boost morale.
Pros
Great benefits, good leadership, flexibility
Cons
Limited communication between front-line and call center
always busy
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cortez, NVJuly 11, 2018
you got to be safe always and know your surroundings all the time.Good place to work for. Be on time, always stay positive.All jobs have ups and downs, in managements, with co workers. and stress on your feet.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 9, 2018
I had fun learning about the water business. I got to go on a drive a long and see how hard the drivers work to deliver the water. I worked as customer service although stressful I had a great time.
Its decent
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mableton, GAJune 30, 2018
Most of the managers are cool,some of them are jerks but only if you let them be a jerks to you,,great co workers and good overtime depending on what department your in.If you just need a quick job to meet months end this is the place,But if your looking for a career don't waste your time applying here you have people that have been working here 20 years only making 16 or 17 dollars and hour And the company DOES NOT PROMOTE WITHIN so your not becoming a supervisor or manager no matter how good of an employee you are from 1 to 10 I'll give them a 5 1/2.Good luck
Pros
Free lunch, overtime
Cons
No career advancement, don't expect a raise every year
Route Driver
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2018
I’m an hourly employee for now. Pay is good but it stays the same for the rest of your life unless your route boosts into a big revenue route, then they switch you to commission only. No base pay, ALL COMMISSION. Some people think it’s great, some people say it’s bad. It all depends on the route given to you and how you would get customers to make it into a big account. MANAGEMENT SUCKS. They push you to upsell products in the wrong time. It’s summer here where I live, it gets to 90 degrees. They tell you to sell espresso shots. Really? It’s 90 degrees outside. Customer looks at you like you’re annoying salesman. Ridiculous. TRAINING SUCKED! They train you for 2 weeks and expects you to run the route like you’ve been there for 10 years. I can’t really complain cause I get paid hourly, it just sucks for the commission guys when they’re route is bad. Definitely look for something else. BENEFITS ARE HIGHLY PRICED! Beware! I’m currently paying $175/month
Pros
Hourly in the beginning, 2 wk Vacation starting, Great coworkers
Cons
Management, Highly stressful, Time away from family
Enjoyable
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed my job, the location worked well for me. My coworker and I worked well together. Management needs some work. I didn’t have the best manager. Over I would say it’s a ok place to work for certain people.
Pros
Cons
Manager 36500
Enjoyable
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2018
I love my job. It was physical which I enjoy. Something I was use to doing you have to be strong and dependable, self starter with motivation. Have to be a team player.
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
unfair pay
Fast paced at times but fun
CCA Tier II Coffee and Filtration (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 16, 2018
I have been employed at DS for 6 months. The supervisors are helpful, the pay is good, and the benefits are AMAZING. I have everything they offered me, including optional life. 5 weeks PTO WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR. And I don’t mean you have to wait a year either. 2 weeks vacation, 1 week of sick hours, Paid Holidays Holidays, and floating Holidays. YOU CAN USE PTO AFTER ONLY 60 days. Work life balance is good. The company understands and appreciates employees who have families. The company is literally the best I’ve ever worked for my life, and I am 45 years old. The job it’s self is fairly easy. Customers are not the easiest to deal with but the good outweighs the bad. 2/ 15 minute breaks and 1/ 45minute lunch. The company is always having contest where you can win cash prizes. They have spirit days were you dressed up in Themes.
Cons
if you have a family not for you!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 7, 2018
Mangagers aren't good, hours too long, they don't maintenance trucks, they don't care if your driving on expired plates all they care about is how many people you serve a day. They don't care if your sick, if your kids are sick, all they want you to do is deliver water for 12 hours a day. Don't try to call off sick, don't try to use your vacation days that you earn because management will have a conniption!!
Pros
if you like over time pay its there.
Cons
managers, long hours, the way the company is ran on a day to day.
Poor executive leadership.
Region Manager North Texas (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2018
Micro-managed, poor, belittling communication skills from the executive leadership. Accountability not held to same standard for everyone. If you are a "YES Man" this is your company. If you have ideas and different opinions then this is a bad move.Culture is based on fear and intimidation and threats of being written up or placed on PIP all while understaffed on local managers and branch employees.

Think hard before accepting management position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Closed minded executive management. Afraid of change, and new different methods

Want to know more about DS Services?

Ask a question
Worse company out there
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 21, 2018
do not do it, they don't care about there people, just get the water to the customer. the trucks can run with major problems and the managers and drivers don't care. drivers are pushed and the trucks get abused daily. you will be expected to work long days, and if you don't it will be held over your head. you will learn you are expendable, the management don't care, but will tell you want you want to here. there is nothing enjoyable about the job. I get fired after i was off for a medial issues.
Pros
you will get a pay check
Cons
very high expections and long hours
I like the company but management was terrible. he is gone now
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester Springs, PAMay 10, 2018
I think that they finally made the necessary changes to help the branch succeed. They have a good upper management team. I had personal issues and HR was really helpful and caring. The job is not for everyone so if you are lazy don't even try it. You can make good money.
Overall Good Place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 30, 2018
Overall it was good. The management was helpful and since they are a water/coffee company you get free coffee, tea and water. You get a decent lunch break, and having a set work time is nice.
Pros
Work environment, Training.
Cons
No raises unless you are promoted.
Do not work for this company
Costco Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2018
very greedy company, 4 different pay plans in 2 years, always less money for the employee.
never fulfill promises to the customers.
they invoice for items they do not delivered.
delivered item never request and if you do not pay
whats it is on the invoice they send you to collections, whit out talking to you.
customer service and management never answer your calls or emails. this company does not care for the customer or the employers.
Please make your self a favor DO NOT WORK whit this company.
Pros
Cons
bad company to work for, this company is under DS services
Demanding
Director of Logistics & Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Demanding. Need to keep your head down to create a rewarding career. The company is profitable and growing. A person can take care of their family working here.
fast paced
Route development manager (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 13, 2018
fast paced environment. some long days some short. will need to be a tough minded strong person to make it through. CDL class B required with brake endorsements.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Company with much upside
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 12, 2018
Average place to work. The company has tremendous upside in the water, coffee, tea market. Salary is competitive, benefit package is average, associate engagement level is average.
Customer Care
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 3, 2018
Pretty good company to work for based on some of the incentives we received such as team building outings for supervisors and leadership. Company had great effort in providing constant development classes for supervisors based on coaching requirements.
New VP an Director are policy cost driven instead of customer driven.
Very high expectations for supervisors.
Processes are too manual and need to be automated
Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2018
The processes at this company are very manual. Processes should be automated to eliminate errors and processing times. Communication with employees are starting to get better. The hardest part of the job is getting management to understand the processes and timeliness of processing payments
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
salaries are not competitive to the industry
Don't care about the mechanics
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 26, 2018
Horriable work conditions. work area is not protected by rain. you could be standing in a poddle in work area.
They dont care about the mechanics. Driver dont take care of trucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DS Services. Our community is ready to answer.