DSC Logistics Employee Reviews

Ok
Operations Optimization Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 21, 2019
It is not a bad place to work, but warehousing is a tough industry and the work-life balance is not good, especially for those on the management side.
Decent place to work, just staffing issues
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed working with DSC Logistics because of the coworker friendships but management can be pretty overbearing at times. The warehouse is understaffed and not much appreciation is showed to the present employees. Pay is great.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, pay is good
Cons
understaffed
Poorly Led
Logistics Manager I (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 17, 2019
Always seemed to be a culture of chaos. Not big on development and would prefer to keep people right where they are to get the job done. Revolving door of management.
Place is setup for failure
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 16, 2019
Picking system set up by Engineers that never been on a forklift is stupid and set up for you to fail right after 3 months while Union takes money from you and helps you do nothing at the job
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management and picking system
Before and After work activities
Workflow Coordinator-Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMarch 14, 2019
Sometime's the company will get together and have sports BBQ for the team and workers. I enjoy those moments. Giving out prices is another exciting thing we have at DSC Logistics.
Warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 12, 2019
I enjoyed working with the forklift and my co workers. I loved the schedule that I worked. I did enjoy if they put us in hotel room when we did do overtime.
Unbelievably incompetent management
Ops Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAMarch 8, 2019
Worst place I have ever worked. Incompetent doesnt even begun to describe management/trainers. Good thing I already knew the WMS system from previous employers, and trained myself. Nobody without at least 5-10 years in warehousing will do well in this environment. I wound up training new hires so they had a chance to make it. 1st manager was escorted out of the facility due to mismanagement and it only got worse from him on. Next manager made 1st seem competent in comparison. Favoritism is off the chain. Even from HR. They illegally disclose info gotten from personal/confidential conversations, with friends they have in management. Then the manager uses that info against the employee. One favorite they had, literally ripped a pole out of the concrete floor by backing onto it, and he was promoted within weeks, while someone else took an emergency phone call in the breakroom and was fired for "stealing" as they looked at using time on the clock for personal reasons "stealing money from the company" yet others spend half their time in the breakroom WITH MANAGERS and it's ok. Ypu can wait HOURS for trucks to be put in doors because the shipping office is horribly incompetent and so are the drivers/yard jockeys. One was caught sleeping in the jockey truck while guys were waiting for their trucks to be put in doors, and nothing happened to him. I've seen some companies poorly run before, but never anything like this. Morale couldn't be worse. 12 hour shifts for months for no reason. A supervisor takes the managers place while he goes on vacation, eliminates the overtime and we still  more... got 3 days ahead in work. Because we werent absolutely exhausted from the nonstop overtime that week. One dude videotaped a guy taking a dump in the bathroom and the manager was going to let him slide until the manager got threatened with being fired, so he fired the guy . There is so much more I could say, but people can see for themselves. There isnt one facet of that place that is run properly. Everyone is ready to walk out. You are lied to everyday, to your face and blamed for mistakes the office makes. I'll never work there again. It might be there much longer the way they manage the facility. I'm surprised it's there right now.  less
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work with great people.
FIELD OPERATIONS TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMarch 8, 2019
Been here for going on 8 months and I Really enjoy the people and the management. They're on a road for continues improvement and are willing to restructure to get that done. no complaints.
Pros
paid lunches.
High turnover rate four points system
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 4, 2019
My experience with DSC logistics is fair and poor the pay is good and the hours are too but the turnover rate with this 4 point system is really a waste they should've kept it at 8 points management team sucks the leads knew more then the supervisor couldn't answer any questions correctly and u only get 1 break first place I ever work with only 1 break could at least made the Break 45 mins I would not recommend anyone to work there just a waste of time u have to keep up with ur own points they won't tell u anything.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High turnover and 4 point system
Poor work environment......
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILFebruary 28, 2019
You work two months of training to progress to the numbers they want you to be at and they don't keep you after that. Want to avoid putting you on with benefits. Warehouse is in disarray. Broken equipment, forklifts are slow and you can't make your numbers. Not managed well at all. Employees that work hard and bust their butt wanna work....others that don't are not disciplined at all what so ever. Work OT a lot and it's NOT appreciated at all. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!!
Pros
Pay was ok, some employees ok and try to help.
Cons
Forklifts slow, warehouse a mess, pallets in aisles that you have to drive around all the time.
Good money High turnover rate
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 28, 2019
I worked at this company for almost a year and a half and seen many people get fired over this red prairie system over what it consider poor performance. Thankfully I made it through that. But the Management on the upper level and very unfair and two faced. They lied on me regarding a situation and removed me from that assignment. They act like they try to help better the company yet doesn't value there employees. I was let go for an small could of being a write up, no warning, but straight was fired off the top . They didn't take in consideration none of my devotion to the company but straight fired me. I recommend no one working for this company and it drop dead in the sea and drown.. and i say that because they have no mercy. I pray on the day of judgement that the Most High have mercy on those above that allow good people to be fired for small could be a write up situations. That's my recommendation.
Pros
You can do your overtime before or after you shift ends
Cons
No mercy management team/ and Red Prairie system
Great account need quality ppl. In areas other than picking. Dont allow ppl to grow in other areas where might be strong in. If they are weak n 1 area
Case Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAFebruary 21, 2019
The red prairie system sucks. The inventory sucks. The lack of ownership sucks. The damages out of control. The warehouse needs dedicated ppl who care. They all about numbers vs quality. They hire and fire often if u not superhero fast. It's very stressful and unorganized highly unprofessional . Lack of knowledge from leadership.
Pros
Vacation time borrowed, clean restrooms, hired permanently
Cons
1 break whole day. Fired after 10 weeks
The worst company I ever worked for
Hhhjjjh (Former Employee) –  JhggffvvFebruary 19, 2019
The manager don't care about the people He treat you like you are Garbage!! You are constantly harasses About your numbers .Don't recommend this job to nobody
Pros
Rrrr
Cons
Xyyfr
Fun place to work
Logistics Manager I (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 17, 2019
Manage the day to day operation of the warehouse facility and ensure material handlers stayed focus on daily, weekly, and monthly mission to reach company goals
Pros
Life balance
Cons
Turnover
Honest opinion of company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 16, 2019
WARNING!!!!!!!!! In my almost two years, the systems changed 4 times. With the change, the pay scale changed, which allows the company to nickel and dime you for a raise. For the easiest job in the world, they allow POP to be the demise in the morale of the employees. If you just need a job to make ends meet and have no life, this is the job for you. Otherwise, look somewhere else. Its not worth the headache.
Pros
Cool coworkers, easy work, easy to learn systems
Cons
Everything else (literally)... money (lack of raises), management taking suggestions personally instead of as constructive feedback, hours, last minute mandatory overtime, slave mentality management
became hostel inviorment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILFebruary 14, 2019
it was a great place to work but things started to get bad when people would do drugs on the job as well as drinking on the job.that made things very unsafe place to work
They don't keep but with their employers on an individual level it's eating in them going over to four points system that they have
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHFebruary 10, 2019
I went to my supervisor prior to me being fired for pointing out on a four-point system due to my tardies and absences he could not pull them up he would not come to me and tell me where I was at with my points and three weeks later I get fired for pointing out. Never had the opportunity to review my points never had an opportunity to talk with resource's never have an opportunity to review the day did they say I miss or how I gained my points and I was an overtime worker I was always at work I know I missed a couple of days but I was terminated. I feel like a day with a review my work history of Ethics they would have seen that maybe there was a mistake in my termination but that was not done due to a lack of supervision and management
Pros
If you willing to put in the work rpay your bills
Cons
They push their employees over the limit and stresses.
Great Pay and Benefits
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Starting pay is great and get regular pay raises every 6 months for first 2 years. After 1st year you get great insurance. Other than that wouldn't recommend it. Poor Management skills and communications. Constantly changing rules and policies without informing the operations associates and workers. Worker must performer production to an unfair scale system. Making it easier for some and harder for other depending on which area your assigned to.
Pros
Great Pay and Potential Benefits
Cons
Poor Management and Communications
Hard and fast work non stop!
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILFebruary 7, 2019
This place is a joke of a company! The manager is doing drugs and could careless about the team. Also manager has issues getting to and from work, some days he wouldn't come in at all.
The supervisors and team leads sell and do drugs during work. upper management could careless. With that being said, their are some cool employees that work their and are helpful. Also the safety guy is kind of a redneck but cool guy I guess.
Good luck to the next person who's ready to drain their life away by working 60-70 hour weeks.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else, equipment likely to break daily!
ok
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAFebruary 7, 2019
this job is very good pay but the system, is hard to maintain there percentage level from what employees say there system has changed before i started and was easier to maintain a good variance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSC Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.