DSC Logistics Employee Reviews

great company
Parcel Processer (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 20, 2018
very good company I would love to stay but I am moving to a new state great work hours a lot of overtime and great people there to work with I will miss the company
not a good place to work
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJune 18, 2018
not a long term job very poor management, insufficient equipment,no concern for employees safety, unfair disciplinary action, company losing contracts due to insufficient proper training and management, pop system unfairly judge your work performance
Veey poor leadership. No direction
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILJune 12, 2018
General manager has no idea how to improve operations. Only concerned with appearance of safety because it helps his side business that he's overlapping
It's a safe place to work at
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 4, 2018
It was a great job to work at. The assignments that I took on were challenging but at the same time they were educational. I actually left with more experience that applys to mi work ethics & tasks that I do in my work field.
Pros
Cook outs & appreciation dinners
Benefits
They live by the no fault policy.
LM1(Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCMay 31, 2018
They at least feed you every now and then and will give out shirts every year.Worked there for 10 yrs. This place is a revolving door with employees. To succeed you need to be on time and work hard and often.Weekend work is required at times as well as lots of overtime. You need to be willing or your not a team player.
FTO Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GA then McDonough GaMay 28, 2018
It was ok at first til the constant change I used to love going to work but that all changed especially DsC has a high turn over rate no job security in that.
Pros
Hours Money
Cons
Point system constant change
Poorly Paid, No advancement
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 25, 2018
There is a lot of inconsistency in this company's work structure. Roles and responsibilities are constantly changing. I have been given management responsibilities several times, but no increase in pay or the opportunity to take on a management role. Initially everyone is told there is opportunity for career advancement, but almost all advancement openings are filled with outside hires when there is more than qualified people within the company to take on these roles.
Pros
Paid 30 minute lunch, great working schedule
Cons
Poor pay, no opportunities to move up
a good company
Folk Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMay 23, 2018
This is a good company to work for. paid vacations and time off. management is good and they work with you. will hire you full time if you work hard and listen.
could be better
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 12, 2018
Good to start off with, but for long term isn't recommended.
Growth is limited, pay increases just got cut, also if you have an emergency your screwed. Point system got cut big time, headquarters idea of screw everybody over.
Pros
Cons
too much to mention...
dsc
forklift (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMay 11, 2018
stay away from fairburn dsc

This company wouldn't know a good dedicated employee if they stared them in the face. They employe CIA/FBI tactics to get rid of people they for what ever reason, they don't like or share any different opinions.
Cons
management
dsc
Worker (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 10, 2018
Dsc is a great place to work... but other then 1st shift management is nowhere to be found Especially on 3rd no logistics manager is on sight and they do not have a on sight HR during the day DSC also keeps changing policies almost every Quarter. The pay is good but many people come and go I honestly believe management is the reason.
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of comincation/seems like nobody cares
raffles were cool
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 7, 2018
job overall was ok although involved long hours daily. the environment was also ok. management tried to make it fun with raffles, lunch ins and things to excite the employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Funplace to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILMay 4, 2018
I held many different postions at DSC so it allowed me to learn all aspects of the logistics industry. My experience at DSC was positive, I liked all of the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was working with outdated technology.
Pros
Never a dull day
Cons
After DSC moved to Elwood, it was too far for me to travel
drive a forklift i pick orders and unload and load trucks
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GA 30084May 3, 2018
If You come iand do your job you will have a smooth day Working at DSC was alearning experience and it was a great company. It is nrelaxing place. Working at DSC has a good atmostohere.
Challenging
Dedicated Case Picker/Dock Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCMay 1, 2018
DSC Logistics is not for the weak or faint at heart. It requires high velocity on the Powered Idustrial Trucks and also a lot of heavy lifting involving the the large cigarette cases.
Vice President of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 18, 2018
Good place to work - DSC Logistics specializes in growth and change—and in translating complex supply chain challenges into streamlined solutions that meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Under transformatiom
Repetitive work
Assembly Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 17, 2018
Low pay and you do way more work. Production had to be made or there was no work and sometimes there were products and no orders coming in do your lucky if you got 40 hrs.
Inbound fork lift operator (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILApril 15, 2018
1. Could be better shift 4 on 3 off it's hard to work OT when its available when you work Monday-friday

2. They change rule every other week

3.the Attendance points was 10 but just took points to 4 points you can get a year but you can earn back every 3 months they use to have you could earn a point back every 30 days but they took that away

4. Not bad place to work for if your not a person who calls off all the time or be late if you can't get to work on time or or come to work this job is not meant for you .

5. At University Park ILLINOIS you have to walk all the way to other side of warehouses yo clock in not good not good you have to make sure your there in enough time to walk and clock in
Pros
Pays ok, job security, healthcare insurance, 401k
Cons
Breaks could be longer but they both breaks are paid for
Good so far
Case Picker (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 8, 2018
I just started working so i love this company so far. I did 2 weeks of training and i am very impressed with the training and the pay and the company overall..my only complaint is they track your time at work with red prairie wms. It times you on work tasks. For example So if it thinks u can get a pallet to the shipping door in 1 minute but u take 3 mins you are negative in production. Besides that the other employess and management all seem interested to set up the new hires for succes. I hope things stay this good
Pros
Pay. Paid lunch. Good training. Benefits
Cons
Red prairie. After training not much help to meet production goals
Great place for advancement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 7, 2018
You can move up fast in this company as far as temp to hire as long as you show up ht your numbers you're good. Pay is great and lots of OT. Good company.
Pros
stability
Cons
Numbers are mandatory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSC Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.