DSI Security Services Employee Reviews

Terrible Work place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 17, 2018
My wife and I moved to Bentonville from Great Bend Kansas due to DSI security promising me a job with 40 guaranteed hours and 20 hours of overtime. We relocated due to the fact I felt confident that I had a job awaiting me. On the first day of "training" well that's what I thought it was. Come to find out, it was simply orientation, and we were not paid for that time we were there that day. I was told my shift would be 5 days a week 7a-7p. Come to find out, they did not schedule me for those hours, but rather hired me on as a (as needed position.) So to move over 5 hours and find out that I don't have a guaranteed job is terrible. After orientation, I had to wait almost a complete week to even START training due to management issues. I will not speak highly of this company to anyone and I sure will not tell anyone to work here. When your company motto is DYSYWD, (Do What You Say You Will Do), you Need to do what you say, not lie about hours and positions when you tell someone they have hours. For a security company, dishonesty is absolutely outrageous. I expected much more out of a family owned company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company.
Beware
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge GAOctober 16, 2018
This company is all over the place. The pay is extremely low.. unless you’re fresh out of high school and want sneaker money. Although the job doesn’t require much, It doesn’t pay well.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
It's a good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 9, 2018
Great staff members and great team members to work with in a daily basis and I definitely will recommend working for this company to anyone. If you like security.
Horrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dobson, NCOctober 7, 2018
The management out of Charlotte was extremely self serving and did not have a clue on how to remotely lead or manage. Inept is the word that comes to mind.
Pros
A low paying job
Cons
Too many to list
Three Stars
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  BMW GREER SCOctober 3, 2018
Management needs improvement .More communication between supervisors and employees. Better benefits. Better training organizations. A little more pay .
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 2, 2018
this company could have really done better as far as giving the employees better incentives, better working post, bonues and something to show their appreciation for the employee services
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Management and Contract holders
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 27, 2018
During the nine months I've noticed that the management here is lacking along with use of officers outside the contract should be addressed if DSI wish to keep a steady staff. Contract holders tend to use officers outside contract agreements and management either doesn't address this with the contract holder or they don't care. On site management is lacking to say the least in the form of last minute announcements, childish behavior and a unwillingness to help fellow officers or contact DSI heads on issues and results in the loss of employees do to these behaviors.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Managment lacking. Contract holders abuse of power. No benefits.
Great company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GASeptember 25, 2018
indeed it was a great company to work for, only problem was that management didn't seem to concern about their employees need and wants. Time to location was about 45 mins to a pay of $9.50 P/H
They say one thing, but do another.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 22, 2018
Well a typical shift in the call center was taking a whole lot of incoming calls from guards in different areas trying to clock in or out, making sure shifts were covered, schedule changes and notifications when guards call out or don't report for work. It was very busy which made the time go by fast. The call center supervisor was the type to grin in your face and talk about you behind your back, and so were the employees. The buddy system is in place there. If she decides she doesn't like you, she'll let you go. If you go over her head, that's no good because they too are friends, so good luck with that. The owner will back up their wrong doings. She let somebody go after FOUR days of training and the person was doing great, learned really fast and never late; never missed any days. Part-time workers work 32 hours a week with no benefits, no paid time off and you'll be working on the holidays. If you work overnight, you don't get a break at all. You'll also be expected to work hours that defer from your printed schedule and suffer consequences if you decline. They let someone go for that too. If you like to kiss up, this is the place for you. If you want job stability, fair treatment and room for advancement, avoid this place at all costs.
Pros
If you like data entry, you'll like it, decent pay (not great), office environment
Cons
No breaks on overnight shift, poor management, shady co-workers, uncaring owner
Needs Improvement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 16, 2018
From what I experienced Management needs to undergo training again. Things are handled unprofessionally at times and you are often addressed on a personal level. Communication is hard to receive or just doesn't exist. Other than that the job its self isn't hard but the conditions can be rough and the pay does not make up for that or the price of living. So it is hard for an adult to work this job normally with out fighting for over time just to pay bills. This makes hiring younger staff a better option when it comes to handing out hours, but younger staff are less willing to work in these conditions resulting in high turn over. So the job turns into a weird inconsistent mess of highs and lows. But if none of these bare an issue you should apply because positions are available.
Pros
Easy work and they will take you with them as they move sites
Cons
New Management with poor communication skills. The pay is hard to live with.
Great team to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Westpoint MississippiSeptember 10, 2018
Wouldn't choose any other Security Family. Because with DSI Its more then just a job We are a Team we are a Family....................................
Pros
Good People
Cons
No Raises
Bad place to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 10, 2018
Nothing to say poor workplace no breaks and no time to train on the job at all they just throw you in it not a good balance to for your personal time I just didn't like working there not a safe area
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Great Employment
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 9, 2018
It was a surprisingly good place of employment. A switch of scenery, some excitement and sometimes travel. I would work for them again. really laid back some slow paced and some fast paced, depending on where they put you.
Pros
laid back
Cons
idk
Worst company.
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jennerville, PASeptember 7, 2018
Worked briefly for this company, with the understanding that when the market closer to home opened up, that I could move there. Meanwhile they had me travel roughly an hour away, and after shift there were times I would actually fall asleep behind the wheel. My life wasn't worth the job.
Pros
A few good officers.
Cons
Bad pay. Absent management, that don't follow motto.
Good job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Patterson, GASeptember 6, 2018
I really loved this job I really wish I had of stayed with it but my mother got sick so I had to move to Florida to take care of her. But I think out of all the jobs I have had this one was my favorite.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
wish pay was more a hour
Will get f**ked over
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 1, 2018
Do not work here. Even if you work here longer than the next person coming in you will not get the open position with more hours. They will give it away to the next person: who knows nothing about the company of building or even employees.
Pros
Cons
don't expect to get more hours
Dsi is a laid back work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 28, 2018
DSI is a laid back work place. There are no team members around. DSI is a one person's job. The job is easy and doesn't cause confusion. Sometimes it gets scary at night when you are there all alone.
Pros
Break at any time
Cons
No protection for yourself
Poor mangement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Westrock paper mill AlabamaAugust 26, 2018
Benifets suck medicals is no more then a preventative medical.
Managements the worse they would hire people off the street and promote and pay them more then someone that had been working there faithfully for many years. But if all your looking for is a min hourly wage it was easy
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Weak corporate worker relations
Wish the pay was higher
Security Officer State of Florida (Current Employee) –  Milton, FL 32570August 24, 2018
The role of security guard is fun and challenging, but the pay is very low and really not worth the work. The clients are amazing, friendly, and very appreciative of security being present.
Cons
Extremely low pay
Great!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 20, 2018
I honestly love working for DSI. I can say this is the best security company I’ve ever worked for. The management is great my co workers are awesome. If you’re looking to work for a security company DSI is the place to be.
Pros
Good pay, team work, Ot, benefits
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSI Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.