DSI Security Services Employee Reviews

Terrible managment
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAAugust 12, 2018
It was me and one other guard cover a 24 hr 7 day a week warehouse and management would not come out and help. There were no bathrooms provided for females or a guard shack and we had to work in all the climates. It was a learning experience that I will never do again
Productive and Fun
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 10, 2018
My experience working for DSI security has been excellent. The company offers a lot of benefits such as health insurance, dental, vision, 401k matching, vacations hours. Not only the company offers a lot of benefits but also the management has been very supportive to their employees. Overall I think the company is GREAT to work for.
Very stressful
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 8, 2018
Doesn't equip employees with protection for dangerous situations. They only care about themselves not the safety of employees. Uniforms are very ugly.
Pros
Not the same day in and day out
Cons
Very low pay
Worst Job Ever !!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2018
DSI Security in Houston Tx is very UNPROFESSIONAL & UNORGANIZED !! The management there LIES & never answers their phone. DO NOT APPLY TO THIS JOB !!!
Good Place to START
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 2, 2018
Goods place to work I'd you're just starting out in the field, not meant for those with long term goal, or those looking for advancement opportunity.
Great place to work if you are okay working on call a lot
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 30, 2018
Nothing bad to say about the company. I personally need to work everyday on a schedule or at least know when I’ll be working. The communication is the problem I see with this company.
Cons
On call a lot
Stressful and managment was unhelpful
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 27, 2018
Working for DSI was really difficult because of management showing favoritism, there were no lunch breaks, only 3 bathroom breaks, and no desiplanary actions being shown for employees who had been given complaints.
Excellent company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 26, 2018
DSI provides opportunities to its employees that most jobs can’t offer. The Special Events that are available to work are amazing. Getting to work a long side celebrity entertainment is very nice. They offer more domestic job opportunities as well.
dsi security
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 16, 2018
dsi security is a good company they just need to pay more to their officers and get better healthcare for them but on average the company is a laid back place to be
Pros
good company laid back place
Cons
low pay
My insight
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FLJuly 15, 2018
I did learn some things while working for DSI Security but the management all the way up to the area manager was out of order and all kinds of messed up.
It was Good
Officer (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALJuly 1, 2018
It was a good job i started on weekend while i was in culinary school and after I finished school they would get me to fill in quit often and after awhile i put my name in for an available shift i got it i worked just about all of the post available and was offered plenty of over time
i even started to fill in for supervisors
D.S.I is a gated community for collage students
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  a gated communityJune 24, 2018
stand at the gate and greet students as they enter and exit as visitors came to the gate i had to write down the tag number and call the student to make sure they were their
you will earn a paycheck
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJune 18, 2018
I worked there 1 month shy of 2 years. The WHOLE time every employee that was working with us only made 7.25. there were some that had been with dsi for 3 or 4 years before me and still only made. $7.25. high turnover rate. High call in rate. I was given a permanent schedule Mon - Fri 8 a.m. to 4 p.m and we got a new Capt. Almost a year of me having that schedule and she came win and without warning changed me to graveyard and put her best friend in my position. I called branch manager they said teeny couldn't do anything. I went above their heads and called corporate.. still nothing. Eventually got terminated because I can't work third being a single mom.
Pros
it's a paycheck
Cons
they don't care about their employees
Under bid current employer at Streamwood
gatehouse security officer (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Streamwood, ILJune 14, 2018
This client at US20 at Walnut does not treat contractors well at all , as virtually 90% are spanish with minimal to no english skills. The inbound truck drivers are always rude and belligerent to security at the gatehouse. Gatehouse Security has had a horrible turn over rate. 12 to 16 hour shifts due to call offs are nearly constant. Anybody with any intelligence avoid this location unless your desperate for employment and want to broil in the summer and freeze during the winters, and constantly breath in diesel fuel fumes and exhaust.
Pros
It is strictly a last ditch job
Cons
everything
The job I have pays enough for what service is provided
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 8, 2018
The communication operators are some of the nicest people and all the employees I work with are awesome. I would love to meet the corporate personnel
Pros
Everyone I've worked with are nice people and I love my job location
personnel issues
Officer (Former Employee) –  AAA CooperJune 6, 2018
isues with personnel not showing up and quitting after one week, officers leaving site while on duty and
officers asleep on job,causing corporation to judge all of us by several peoples behavior.
Pros
safe environment
Cons
work out of car
Job not wroth the low pay
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 2, 2018
It took me 3 weeks to get a paycheck after working 12 hours weekend every weekend no weekends off and when I got a paycheck it was only for 4 days they have you clock in by writing in your time on a sheet seem like away to cheat employees.
Pros
Free lunch break
Cons
Short break
Site supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 31, 2018
Good place to work. Decent pay. Somewhat flexible shifts. Good managers and supervisors. Mostly close knit group within the district. Time off requests are typically met with reasonable ease.
Enjoy meeting all the people
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 25, 2018
Working at the Zachary Construction site has been interesting. I have met some good people. I get along with everyone who comes and goes through the gate.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not very organized
Fun
Certified Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 24, 2018
Best place to work an love the manager. It’s laid back an you I learn new things so I love it. I’m a hard working man an I will like to join your company.
Pros
Any
Cons
Short brakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSI Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.