DSI Security Services Employee Reviews

Management and Contract holders
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 27, 2018
During the nine months I've noticed that the management here is lacking along with use of officers outside the contract should be addressed if DSI wish to keep a steady staff. Contract holders tend to use officers outside contract agreements and management either doesn't address this with the contract holder or they don't care. On site management is lacking to say the least in the form of last minute announcements, childish behavior and a unwillingness to help fellow officers or contact DSI heads on issues and results in the loss of employees do to these behaviors.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Managment lacking. Contract holders abuse of power. No benefits.
They say one thing, but do another.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 22, 2018
Well a typical shift in the call center was taking a whole lot of incoming calls from guards in different areas trying to clock in or out, making sure shifts were covered, schedule changes and notifications when guards call out or don't report for work. It was very busy which made the time go by fast. The call center supervisor was the type to grin in your face and talk about you behind your back, and so were the employees. The buddy system is in place there. If she decides she doesn't like you, she'll let you go. If you go over her head, that's no good because they too are friends, so good luck with that. The owner will back up their wrong doings. She let somebody go after FOUR days of training and the person was doing great, learned really fast and never late; never missed any days. Part-time workers work 32 hours a week with no benefits, no paid time off and you'll be working on the holidays. If you work overnight, you don't get a break at all. You'll also be expected to work hours that defer from your printed schedule and suffer consequences if you decline. They let someone go for that too. If you like to kiss up, this is the place for you. If you want job stability, fair treatment and room for advancement, avoid this place at all costs.
Pros
If you like data entry, you'll like it, decent pay (not great), office environment
Cons
No breaks on overnight shift, poor management, shady co-workers, uncaring owner
Don’t do it . You will work with people who don’t care about anything but a small paycheck
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 7, 2018
So many issues and lack of security at the post. Some work harder then others yet the good ones don’t get recognized. They just want a body no skill needed and communication is a complete joke . Save yourself time go elsewhere.
Pros
Post was ok
Cons
Management is lacking and the people in charge have zero clue .
The account manager position is nothing more than the Trojan horse…
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 22, 2018
Imagine working a job where you are given a salary with no overtime but, use constantly to fill an open positions such as for callouts or somebody resigning. To the point we are pay goes down to about half of what they told you you’re going to get paid. Now imagine being on call with a telephone they provide you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Again for free… Been waking up in the middle of the night not being able to go anywhere or do anything because you have to answer the phone and cover shifts as needed. Sure, you can make an effort to find someone to cover the shift but without extremely high turnover and being short staffed. You consult and find someone to cover shifts so, you get to work at them for free. Not a job for anyone who has a life or needs to make enough money to live on.
Pros
Nose shirts
Cons
All of the above
Productive and Fun
Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 10, 2018
My experience working for DSI security has been excellent. The company offers a lot of benefits such as health insurance, dental, vision, 401k matching, vacations hours. Not only the company offers a lot of benefits but also the management has been very supportive to their employees. Overall I think the company is GREAT to work for.
Needs Improvement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 16, 2018
From what I experienced Management needs to undergo training again. Things are handled unprofessionally at times and you are often addressed on a personal level. Communication is hard to receive or just doesn't exist. Other than that the job its self isn't hard but the conditions can be rough and the pay does not make up for that or the price of living. So it is hard for an adult to work this job normally with out fighting for over time just to pay bills. This makes hiring younger staff a better option when it comes to handing out hours, but younger staff are less willing to work in these conditions resulting in high turn over. So the job turns into a weird inconsistent mess of highs and lows. But if none of these bare an issue you should apply because positions are available.
Pros
Easy work and they will take you with them as they move sites
Cons
New Management with poor communication skills. The pay is hard to live with.
Work at your on descretion at DSI Security Services
current employee (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 27, 2018
DSI would be a great company if their branch offices where structured and staffed better with Branch manager, Operations manager, Office receptionist which all work together to maintain a professional growing business. All contracts should be for security officers should be $10.00 and above with better offered benefits, They need to offer a sign on bonus of at least $250.00 after 90 days of dedicated on time work with no call offs or no missed days within a 40 hour work week. Better contract pay structures would help too.
Pros
Its a job until you find something that pays better.
Cons
low paying contracts, guards quit with no notices, very little advancement
Great!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 20, 2018
I honestly love working for DSI. I can say this is the best security company I’ve ever worked for. The management is great my co workers are awesome. If you’re looking to work for a security company DSI is the place to be.
Pros
Good pay, team work, Ot, benefits
Cons
N/a
Terrible Work place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 17, 2018
My wife and I moved to Bentonville from Great Bend Kansas due to DSI security promising me a job with 40 guaranteed hours and 20 hours of overtime. We relocated due to the fact I felt confident that I had a job awaiting me. On the first day of "training" well that's what I thought it was. Come to find out, it was simply orientation, and we were not paid for that time we were there that day. I was told my shift would be 5 days a week 7a-7p. Come to find out, they did not schedule me for those hours, but rather hired me on as a (as needed position.) So to move over 5 hours and find out that I don't have a guaranteed job is terrible. After orientation, I had to wait almost a complete week to even START training due to management issues. I will not speak highly of this company to anyone and I sure will not tell anyone to work here. When your company motto is DYSYWD, (Do What You Say You Will Do), you Need to do what you say, not lie about hours and positions when you tell someone they have hours. For a security company, dishonesty is absolutely outrageous. I expected much more out of a family owned company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company.
Three Stars
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  BMW GREER SCOctober 3, 2018
Management needs improvement .More communication between supervisors and employees. Better benefits. Better training organizations. A little more pay .

Want to know more about DSI Security Services?

Ask a question
It's a security lvl job so, you will need to pervide/ obtain your own PERC.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILMarch 18, 2018
Basic qualifications: must have electronic devices, high-school diploma and a perc.

DSi- deals in only healthcare/hospitals.
The job perks and pay very depending on the site and location, and more can be asked from you.

A typical day:
clock in, rotate rounds every hour on the hour. Mostly sitting and or talking till your needed with partner or hospital staff, if your not doing the rounds or in the ER sitting. You can be on your devices aslong as this don't interfere, or interrupt your dutys.

It pays $9/HR - 13.50/OT.
(Minimal pay/ minimal work.)
40hrs a week + OT.

Basically you get paid for showing up:
playing on your tablet, phone, listen to music, watch TV, listen to the radio, walk around, eat/take unlimited breaks. You just can't leave the property.
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
No, pay raise ever.
Great team to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Westpoint MississippiSeptember 10, 2018
Wouldn't choose any other Security Family. Because with DSI Its more then just a job We are a Team we are a Family....................................
Pros
Good People
Cons
No Raises
Client can make or break.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLApril 2, 2018
Posts in any security company vary. Mine is a fast paced, demanding one earlier in the day, but quiets down as night approaches. Client expectations can be unpredictable from day to day, and there is significant adjustment for those who have worked slower pace posts. Most of the supervisors have been understanding and helpful with scheduling issues. Pay is nothing special, and the benefits are laughable. Good for a college or first job.
Pros
Schedules can be semi-flexible (depending on supervisor)
Cons
No real recognition or advancement to speak of.
Worst company.
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jennerville, PASeptember 7, 2018
Worked briefly for this company, with the understanding that when the market closer to home opened up, that I could move there. Meanwhile they had me travel roughly an hour away, and after shift there were times I would actually fall asleep behind the wheel. My life wasn't worth the job.
Pros
A few good officers.
Cons
Bad pay. Absent management, that don't follow motto.
One a scale of 1-10. 2
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 20, 2018
typical day at work consisted of detecting and detering criminal activity by enforcing client policies. Due to my past experience, I really didnt learn anything new about the job environment but did learn about how upper management thinks and takes care of business (BAD towards client). The hardest part of my job was listening to the client complain about how they wanted things done a certain way and DSI upper management neglecting to respect the clients wishes. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting good people, minus upper management. More importantly, a good is I am no longer with this company.
Pros
meeting good people, learning to handle variety of situations
Cons
Pay, Upper management, no room for advancement
Excellent working environment with reliable co-workers.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCDecember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working for DSI Security, and I recommend it to anybody that is looking for a great place to start a career in security. There was plenty of room for advancement, but my Wife accepted a traveling job, and I went with her.
Poor mangement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Westrock paper mill AlabamaAugust 26, 2018
Benifets suck medicals is no more then a preventative medical.
Managements the worse they would hire people off the street and promote and pay them more then someone that had been working there faithfully for many years. But if all your looking for is a min hourly wage it was easy
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Weak corporate worker relations
Horrible place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GANovember 25, 2018
The management is a joke, they treat their employs like dogs and get mad at them for the littlest things. They will punish you for snapping back at an over the road trucker after they disrespect you. NO overtime is ever given. They treat their security officers like their 5 year old kids.
Poor accounts and terrible management
security officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2018
worked there for a year, management was very poor, and don't care about employees at all. It was all about money making for the company. If you are not a family member you wont make any money at all.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
terrible local management
Good Job, Terrible and Indecisive Management
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVNovember 5, 2018
I currently work for this company and as far as the work goes, it is very nice. Especially for the pay. Very relaxed and most of the people within security and kind and will help you whenever possible. My ONLY issue with this company is their lack of leadership and not knowing how to go about certain situations. Recently, the hospital that I am contracted under through DSI has been having some layoffs. Some of those being towards cutting down on DSI's allotted hours as a contracted company. I learned of this a few weeks ago and it's upsetting but whatever... the issue is, I had to hear it from a coworker. The supervisors won't confront the situation with us, THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES. To this day, I still don't know if or when I'm going to lose my job, as they just keep scheduling it week by week, not telling us what is going to happen or any updates at all. I think it's ridiculous for a company to be this way. If I were to want to resign from my permission, it's believed that a good amount of time to let a company know is 2 weeks... so why won't they give us the slightest bit of respect as to let us know if we are even going to have a job or not? Another thing that gets me is that they say "Oh, you'll still have a job. We assure you." yet we have still heard nothing. Absolutely ridiculous thing for a company such as this to do for their employees. Hoping to get out of this mess soon.
Pros
Good hours, Decent pay
Cons
No Leadership, Poor Job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSI Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9