DSI Security Services Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 15, 2019
They have there picks and choose so if you dont kiss butt then dont work there. ITS NOT WORTH THE ENERGY OR TIME AT ALL. They dont pay you what the work you do at all and will lies to you about everything.
No work/life balance
Security Officer - TWIC (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 11, 2019
Constantly on call, never paid extra for coming in. Reprimanded if you told them no. No consideration for fatigue or outside personal events. No advancement opportunities. Poor pay
Easy Work for Extra Cash, But Poor Management
SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKMarch 9, 2019
Poor Management from other site supervisors. Most security officers with the location I was at had no prior security or law enforcement experience and were unprofessional.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Lack of pay, lack of respect, poor benefits
DSI was not the best place to work.
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNMarch 6, 2019
A typical day at work was long and stressful. I learned how to deal with irate people. I also learned how to deescalate a conflict. Management was lazy. They did not appreciate their employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the nurses. The most enjoyable part of the job was associating with the coworkers.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Magee, MSMarch 3, 2019
Hours are steady and the supervisor is a pleasure to work with, it is also a great place to get your foot in the door if you are interested in starting a career in security
Pros
Steady hours, great supervisors.
Cons
No paid vacation or sick days.
Worst company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2019
No room for advancement. Management is racist and the supervisor is a perv. Pay isnt good only have few contracts. Completely aweful. I wouldn’t recommend this company to my worst enemy
Cons
not a good place to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAFebruary 25, 2019
DSI is not a good place to work for unless you like running in place. They only paid minimum wage and there insurance was window dressing only. I dont have any words to accurately describe DSI's management.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
everything else
Didn't take the job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARFebruary 24, 2019
I accepted a job offer with this company. I was told to go to orientation on a Saturday and that it would be from 3 pm to 5 pm, possibly a little later. When I showed up I was told that it would be 5 hours. I told the trainer that I was told that it would be about 2 hours and he said: "We can probably do it in 2 but if anyone asks you will say you took an 8-hour training course." I told him I would not say I did if I didn't and he said: "You are going to sign a paper that says you did so you can't deny it." I said, " Oh, not I'm not." Then he said we would get to that later. So we start talking and he has me signing papers. He then puts one in front of me that says they will be taking money from my check, it was a small amount, $25 and change I think. I said I wasn't told that any money would be taken from my check. He said, "That's nothing, we are going to take $75 also," and started explaining what it would be taken out for. He then said for me to sign it now or we are done. I said "Then we are done. Sorry for wasting your time." It seems to me that working in security it would be important to actually take the class not just sign a paper saying you did and being expected to lie about it. It would have also been nice to have been told about the money they would be taking from my check during the interview process so I could have decided if I wanted to do that rather than being told "sign it now or we are done". I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Cons
Being told to lie about training
Good
Security Director - Crestwood Medical Center (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 22, 2019
Very good company to work for. I have moved up in the company since I started. I have relocated at my request. I would still like to work for the company.
No clue what went on
BMW Building and lot (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 14, 2019
I only worked 3 weeks and only several shifts. Was told I had a certain shift and then I didn't have it. I liked the job a lot but not sure why I didn't get a shift.
dangerous place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Valpo, INFebruary 10, 2019
long 12 hr shifts Multi-tasking at numerous times.Had to help subdue patients in emergency room that police had brought in for blood tests and evaluation.Normally had to handle these situations on my own.
Pros
clean areas to work in.
Cons
To put my self and others in dangerous situations.
Security Guard Front post
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2019
Greet employees entering metal detector ensure there's no weapons, food,and improper foot wear on the manufacturing floor. Scan employees through office if they forgot their badge. Escort visitors to designated area.
Run the other way
Sitter (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 29, 2019
Was told I would be working 60hrs/wk. Got the rug sweeped out from under me after two weeks of working, now 36hrs/wk. Only Site Officers are guaranteed 40hrs/wk. I hope you have a second job is all I’m gunna say.
Pros
None at all.
Cons
Everything.
Well its a job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 25, 2019
Its a job. Needs more advancement to progress. Needs more overtime if its wanted. Needs more officers. Needs to be set schedules. Needs to get good benifits.
Cons
No free lunches, No annually raises, No set schedules.
stressful
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLJanuary 23, 2019
It was a dead end job with little to no benefits. The pay was low for alot of work needing to be done. Really difficult to advance or get transfered to new sites
Pros
got experiance
Cons
No break
Great place to work if u love being poor
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 20, 2019
No communication between upper management and site supervisor, schedules changes constantly low pay. Cut my hours back. U will get called in a lot and no raises ever don’t even ask
Pros
Free cheaply made uniforms
Cons
You pay all the upfront cost for drug testing a background check and liscence
A day at DSI
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 19, 2019
Securing the backgate. Weighing trucks when they arrived as well as when they left. Typing in correct information on spreed sheets. cleaning the office .
Pros
had break on the clock
Cons
pay is too low
Interesting and sometimes Quiet
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 18, 2019
On A typical day you make rounds ensuring that a clients location is secure and managing entrance and departure of staff and Visitors and their vehicles.
Pros
Assisting with getting your licens's and keping you trained
Cons
Sometimes getting called to a post you haven't worked at the last minute
Horrible Experience
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
I hated working for DSI would not recommend it as a go to company if you are in the security filed of work..........................................................
Paid vacations my ars!
Peon (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 15, 2019
It's not a paid vacation. You don't say, I'm taking off this week, then come back and get paid for that week.
It's more like a bonus check on your hire date anniversary and you get paid according to average hours worked.
Benefits are nil. They give you nothing. It's all opt in. No raises. No nothing but expect you to faithfully serve.
DWYSYWD is a joke.
Pros
No pros only amateurs
Cons
Deceiving managers who don't dwysywd

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSI Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9