DSI SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

great place to work
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 6, 2019
I continue to enjoy working at a great place which is growing leaps and bounds. I look forward to continue to growing with such a small but mighty company
Warehouse Manager
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHFebruary 22, 2019
I was hired as a warehouse manager and given the opportunity to organize the warehouse inventory for ease of order fulfillment. I was responsible for running a clean and well organized facility. I created a training manual for new warehouse employees. The only problem I had, and in hindsight it will never happen again, I did not get my salary offer in writing and found out, only after receiving my first paycheck, I was lied to and was making 15k less a year. I gave my 2 week notice and gladly moved on.
Pros
Flexible Lunch Schedule
Cons
Lied about salary
Laid back workplace
Small Package/ RA Lead (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 2, 2018
Very Laid back workplace, Do your best to keep your area clean. Very simple operating procedures, Very relaxed about breaks just make sure your job is done before any "chill" time.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, Job security is so so
Fun happy and inspirational
Distribution Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43228July 24, 2018
FSU was a fun energetic place to work. Everyone cared for one another. All bosses cared personally about you. At the same time demanding the best out of you.
Pros
Free lunches at times, yearly Christmas parties, employees discounts, quarterly bonuses
Cons
Small company with numerous sites
Working Time
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 22, 2018
I like Work at DSI, problem is time a spend traveling. I used to travel every other week but my route changed, get me more store to visit further and will require be out of my house at least 3 weeks from the month. Not pay for time on weekend travel days or time in hotel.
Pros
Expenses reimburse
Cons
Not pay for time in hotel or weekend travels.
Hard working fast pace
Merchandiser & Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 28, 2018
DSI company was a fast pace sales organization that covered the entire United States. Negotiating with vendors and training sales staff in all states to ensure the sales knowledge for everyone.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Gone alot
Great Place to work with Amazing Benefits
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLApril 11, 2018
A typical work day is productive and fast paced. Top Notch very supportive Management - fulfilling work environment - overall wonderful place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Family-like atmosphere with a collaborative, teamwork-like attitude.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2018
Solid company to work for who truly cares about their employees. I thoroughly enjoyed how everyone was on the same page working toward the same goals. Leadership were true leaders.
Pros
The people, the culture, the management.
good company to work for
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 26, 2017
great place to work got layed off when ATT bought them out. Was a warehouse manager and overseen the entire warehouse. cycle counts every morning to shipping LTL at the end of shift.
good tools great people
Plumber pipefitter apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2017
This company was a overall a good experience to say the least.They provided us with all the tools and hygiene products we needed. If you where a good worker they kept you busy with is really fair.
Cons
no dental, vision, paid time off
Lacking Innovation
Business Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2016
DSI was a great company to work for, if you're the type of person that only wants to clock in and clock out. The people were nice, the pay was competitive, but it never offered a challenge, and was afraid of change.
Great Company to work for
Human Resources Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 4, 2016
The management trully cares about employees, not everything is perfect but they are always trying to improve.
They allowed me to grow and were always empowering and respectful towards me and my piers.
Pros
Empowering and management cares about employees. Fun to work there.
Cons
A couple of mid managers need to learn from the owner when it comes to management styles.
busy, learned alot
Chosen to as Supervisor in her absence (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 9, 2015
I liked my job here. I learned a lot from my supervisor and at times had the opportunity to supervise in her absence. I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
A company that works hard and plays hard
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2015
I learned a lot at DSI Systems. I began as one of the core members of the Business Development Group. It started out with just 4 of us and now has grown into over 15 reps. I promoted to a Territory Manager where I learned vital management skills by working closely with local retailers. I enjoyed DSI Systems a lot because they expect a lot from you, but you are well rewarded as well. Plus, the company National Sales Meeting are very fun!
Pros
Hard work but easy going
Cons
Na
Fun, family oriented work environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Performance based occupation; I've learned patience and friendly competition. Management is friendly and understanding but expects a certain level of performance. The hardest part of the job is learning the products but once that is done and practiced the occupation becomes fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you meet on and off of the phones.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Short lunches
work
Lead (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 30, 2014
shipping and receiving. always understaffed. bosses want you to stay overtime and not pay you for it. there is no water, all management are friends so its pointless to try and form a complaint. bad management.
Pros
stable job
Cons
rude management, too much carelessness
grate starter job
shipping & recving (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMarch 26, 2014
Grate for ppl looking to get sum wherehouse exp. Just don't try n stay here for too long.
Pros
u have a job.
Cons
u have a job here.
Productive Company that allows creative minds to grow
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2014
A Typical Monday consisted of Planning your week, writing promotional email & marketing plans and calling on key retail accounts to review their sales over the weekend. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday consisted of road travel seeing key accounts to strategize marketing plans, review and balance inventory and ensure the store was merchandised properly. Friday's were review and reporting day's to prepare you for the next week .

The thing I learned most from DSI is that the retail world is tough without a good business advisor and that if one truly puts the client on the same level of the company and builds a relationship first, then outside competitive pressure is minimized and continued success will follow.

The hardest part of the job was time management. In a world of shrinking margin and increasing work loads it was hard to manage with only one support team member all of the workload. We as a territory tried to resolve this by using drop box to push out as much information electronically that we could. It reduced quite of a bit of the work/stress load on the team.

The most enjoyable part of this company is the ownership. They are good people and it is very nice working for a large organization in which the owner's are accessible and treat all level's of employees with courtesy and respect.
Great company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 14, 2014
Loved working there. learned a lot, corporate office in Des Moines Iowa, Dallas TX
Pros
great place to work
Cons
economy hit NO CONS
No heat in the winter or water to drink overall.
Lead Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 28, 2013
It's a place to work if your just getting your feet wet in the work force.
Pros
Get paid on time.
Cons
No Job Growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSI SYSTEMS. Our community is ready to answer.