DSS Research Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
The worst
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 16, 2018
Rudest Management staff EVER. Supervisors are afraid of the main Manager who is rude, swears and threatens. You are yelled at from the moment you walk through the door until the time you leave. Constant threat of being fired. You can have a drink at your desk unless it's in a sealed sippy cup (like a 2 year old) but supervisors eat and drink holding their mcdonalds cups over their computers. Most unprofessional place I have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Very relaxed yet competitive work place.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2018
Best job for teens and young adults with a great personality and excellent customer skills. It is very easy to move up in this work place as long as work productivity levels are high and attendance stays on point.
Temp Work w/ Data Entry Pleasant and Convenient
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Aledo, TXJuly 30, 2018
Sadly, my work at DSS was only very temporary! I worked in Data Entry correcting and transcribing medical surveys from about May-July 2017. I and a small handful of coworkers worked nights (5-11 I believe) in the basement but it was a lot more enjoyable than it might sound. The work schedule was great for me as I was a student at the time. The supervisors did a great thorough job showing us how to use the software and were very patient. The atmosphere was also very friendly and encouraged a sense of camaraderie. The only downside was that the job was ended early, with little warning for reasons I'm not totally clear on. I just wish I could have had that job longer!
Productive and easy to follow the instructions ,
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 26, 2018
Productive easy to maintain, simple.boring management was horrible. Very strict on simple stuff. Not enough time for lunch.the hours are not flexible enough.
Pros
More hours/ Good pay/insurance
Cons
Short lunch breaks
needs new management
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  White Settlement, TXJune 20, 2018
Terrible place due unrealistic rules. Management -If you have hire 250 people every 20-30 days, then something is wrong with the system. Too many unneccessary write ups. Everybody makes a mistake, team leaders & supervisors. For every rule they make, they make another rule to offset that one, and in the end, they have to keep firing and hiring, but it's because they do not know how to set rules or keep employees. QA IS A JOKE. They have rocks for brains. Leads nonperforming! Straighten out the core and the company will be great. This could be a great place to work. Cannot get up for drinks or anything until break. Just sit at computer and make calls. This is a health risk.
Pros
Cons
everything
stressful at times, exagerated rules
Insurance intrviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2018
this place was ok to work at manager needs more training on how to treat employees yells when he wants and threatens to fire employees to get the job done. Work runs out not to much work at times. no advancement.
Pros
gift cards based on performance, quiet enviroment
Cons
manager threats, exagerated rules, restroom dirty and breakroom
Good for starter job
Texas - Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2018
It's a really easy job if you need money/experience. Can be stressful at times, and sometimes it can be very monotonous. Extra hours are usually manditory.
Pros
free lunches, activities, easy job
Cons
bad management, no advancement opportunities
Call representative
Call Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2018
My typical work day included surveying candidates about how satisfactory their insurance company is. While Typing a summary of the calls. Management was hand on and answered most questions. Only wish it was more fast pace.
fun job
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2018
This job was extremely fun and exciting even staff were very friendly. I would love to go back and work here. Best co workers in the world provided lots of overtime
First experience with a call center...
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2018
I worked at this company for six months and it was learning experience indeed. At first it was pretty good. All I had to do was sit for hours and call elderly people to ask them questins about their health insurance. Easy enough.

The problem came when we had to make call late at night or would get cursed at. We also had timed restroom breaks and would get penalized if we went over. I did appreciate when you could go home early on days when it was slow.

I also like when I got a review quite often to say how I am progressing as a representative.
Pros
Ease of job
Cons
behavior of clients, "good workers" were fired
Data entry
Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2018
This place was great with flexibility and my school hours but eventually they set a quota that was unreasonable for part time employees. Therefore I had to quit.
April 30, 2018

Thank you for reviewing our call center and commenting on our flexibility. We are sorry to hear you feel this way about our call center production quotas. Taking care of our employees and finding ways to improve are very important to us. Your comments are very much appreciated!

Workplace very competitive.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2018
You cannot be there late to work, no exceptions. The management people sometimes are compliant with you on a good day. A goal would need to be met every time, or they let you go.
April 17, 2018

Thanks for your feedback concerning our call center location.

super boring
TELEPHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TX 76108April 1, 2018
working there felt like you were never going to get out of there. you would basically be counting the minutes because of how boring it is. to work there you ned to have EXTREME patience because you will loose your mind having to call people constantly!!
Pros
the pay is okay and hires ASAP
Cons
its so boring
April 17, 2018

Thanks for the comments! The interviewer position may appear to be easy, but it does require effective communication skills and patience. Thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful review!

micro management
BILINGUAL INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2018
wonderful co workers but to much micro managing. felt like a robot due to only being able to stay on script and was written up if you attempted to make a repor with the customer
April 17, 2018

Thanks for the comments! In order for us to provide maximum value to our clients and maintain the integrity of the market research process, specific procedures must be followed regularly to ensure a quality outcome.

Under paid job
Interviewing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2018
Very under paid job with very minimal room for growth. Phone interviews had to be followed by very specific scripts, which employees could not deviate from because management is always listening to phone interviews.
April 17, 2018

We value your feedback regarding our call center! DSS Research works very hard to ensure its pay practices are competitive -- thanks for your comments. It's important that our employees feel rewarded for a job well done! We appreciate your review.

Stressful place to work
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2018
A lot of the time door codes will change and only some employees get notifies. The managers all act rude and annoyed at your presence. So not only are you being yelled at by the people you call for calling but you also get to deal with employee negative attitudes.
Pros
Set days off, easy work
Cons
Stressful work environment that can be uneventful and boring
April 17, 2018

Thank you for reviewing our call center. We are sorry to hear you feel this way about our call center work environment. Taking care of our employees and finding ways to improve are very important to us. Your comments regarding management are very much appreciated!

Stressful
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  White Settlement, TXMarch 5, 2018
No growth terrible work place. Full of stress. Get yelled at for petty stuff. Can't talk to others and the surveys are very painful to read to respondents. Not a good survey to be asking people on a daily basis.
April 17, 2018

Thank you for comments regarding our call center. Your comments are helpful. We appreciate your hard work and desire to be successful.

an ok job
Telephone Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2018
dss was a call center that was insurance based. it taught me how to have patience and better understanding of how insurance works. the hardest part would be that we called different time zones and some of the customers would hang up the phone in your face
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
April 17, 2018

Thanks for your feedback regarding our call center. We are happy you gained valuable industry experience.

Typical Day
Survey interviewer (Former Employee) –  Whitesettlement, TXFebruary 16, 2018
The people are rude as I mean the trainers down to the manager. They are very weird. They training is very long and slow you really don't learn nothing but they just threw you on the floor.
April 18, 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding our call center. We are sorry to hear you feel this way. DSS Research is committed to employee satisfaction, as we know our team members are our most valuable asset. We appreciate you sharing your opinions and welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experiences.

Fort Worth
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Wasn't the worst job but not the best job. Your shift consist of dial customers to get them to complete a survey. A great computer system to tell you everything to do. It's better than collections in my opinion.
Pros
Two breaks, weekly pay
Cons
Short lunch
March 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. Your comments regarding our computer system are very helpful.