DSS Research Employee Reviews

super boring
TELEPHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TX 76108April 1, 2018
working there felt like you were never going to get out of there. you would basically be counting the minutes because of how boring it is. to work there you ned to have EXTREME patience because you will loose your mind having to call people constantly!!
Pros
the pay is okay and hires ASAP
Cons
its so boring
April 17, 2018

Thanks for the comments! The interviewer position may appear to be easy, but it does require effective communication skills and patience. Thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful review!

micro management
BILINGUAL INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2018
wonderful co workers but to much micro managing. felt like a robot due to only being able to stay on script and was written up if you attempted to make a repor with the customer
April 17, 2018

Thanks for the comments! In order for us to provide maximum value to our clients and maintain the integrity of the market research process, specific procedures must be followed regularly to ensure a quality outcome.

Under paid job
Interviewing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2018
Very under paid job with very minimal room for growth. Phone interviews had to be followed by very specific scripts, which employees could not deviate from because management is always listening to phone interviews.
April 17, 2018

We value your feedback regarding our call center! DSS Research works very hard to ensure its pay practices are competitive -- thanks for your comments. It's important that our employees feel rewarded for a job well done! We appreciate your review.

Stressful place to work
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2018
A lot of the time door codes will change and only some employees get notifies. The managers all act rude and annoyed at your presence. So not only are you being yelled at by the people you call for calling but you also get to deal with employee negative attitudes.
Pros
Set days off, easy work
Cons
Stressful work environment that can be uneventful and boring
April 17, 2018

Thank you for reviewing our call center. We are sorry to hear you feel this way about our call center work environment. Taking care of our employees and finding ways to improve are very important to us. Your comments regarding management are very much appreciated!

Stressful
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  White Settlement, TXMarch 5, 2018
No growth terrible work place. Full of stress. Get yelled at for petty stuff. Can't talk to others and the surveys are very painful to read to respondents. Not a good survey to be asking people on a daily basis.
April 17, 2018

Thank you for comments regarding our call center. Your comments are helpful. We appreciate your hard work and desire to be successful.

an ok job
Telephone Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2018
dss was a call center that was insurance based. it taught me how to have patience and better understanding of how insurance works. the hardest part would be that we called different time zones and some of the customers would hang up the phone in your face
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
April 17, 2018

Thanks for your feedback regarding our call center. We are happy you gained valuable industry experience.

Typical Day
Survey interviewer (Former Employee) –  Whitesettlement, TXFebruary 16, 2018
The people are rude as I mean the trainers down to the manager. They are very weird. They training is very long and slow you really don't learn nothing but they just threw you on the floor.
April 18, 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding our call center. We are sorry to hear you feel this way. DSS Research is committed to employee satisfaction, as we know our team members are our most valuable asset. We appreciate you sharing your opinions and welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experiences.

Fort Worth
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Wasn't the worst job but not the best job. Your shift consist of dial customers to get them to complete a survey. A great computer system to tell you everything to do. It's better than collections in my opinion.
Pros
Two breaks, weekly pay
Cons
Short lunch
March 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. Your comments regarding our computer system are very helpful.

Very boring.
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXFebruary 4, 2018
This was a seasonal position. I would never work there again. The management was not great and they were rude. They need to be more professional with how they run things.
April 18, 2018

Thank you for comments regarding our call center. Your comments are helpful.

Hard work but worth it
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Mine was a seasonal working job there and it was great, I did data entry and tho it is hard it’s fairly easy and the pay was amazing. I worked from home too and that was nice
April 18, 2018

We are glad you had a positive experience at DSS Research, as employee satisfaction is important to us. Thanks for your contributions!

Horrible !
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXJanuary 24, 2018
... at this point I have no words. Never thought I would experience a job such as this! I gave a lengthy description of why I left, but basically there is just no structure here!
Cons
Cut-throat, uncomfortable environment

Boring
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  White Settlement, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Good pay, boring job with long hours. Do not need very many skills for the job, and the people are either not too smart, offputting, or pretty chill. Okay work environment. Lot of staring at a computer and reading.
April 18, 2018

We are happy to hear you were satisfied with the pay at our call center location! We are always looking for ways to improve employee engagement, so we appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Very stressful unexciting place to work
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Extremely low pay, with high expectations, no flexibility with hours or work days. Expected to complete at least 1 survey an hour, with survey length and subject matter effecting whether or not the respondent will agree to the interview.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Extremely low pay for the job performed.

Boring
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXDecember 18, 2017
If you like sitting at a different germy desk, while calling people who don't want to talk to you, and saying the same thing 50000 times a day then this job for you. I wouldn't wish this job on my enemy its almost painful how boring it is. Management talks to you like you're in high school.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
everything else
April 19, 2018

We appreciate your review of our call center location. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining a safe, healthy, and productive working environment. The interviewer position may appear to be simple, but it does require excellent communication skills and patience. For the survey process to be successful and provide maximum value to our clients, certain procedures must be followed consistently to ensure a quality outcome. We do want our team members to enjoy their jobs and coworkers -- employee engagement and leadership is important to us. Thank you for your comments.

very stressful
CAIT Interviewer (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXDecember 8, 2017
This job was a call center and you were on the phone constantly, and had to get so many in a certain time and every word has to be correct, they are steady on you back about points. Points are taken away from you if you have any kind of mistake.
Pros
stressful
Cons
overtime
April 19, 2018

Thanks for reviewing our call center location. If you are employed at the call center, you should expect to be on the phones on a consistent basis. For the survey process to be successful and provide maximum value to our clients, certain procedures must be followed consistently to ensure a quality outcome. This includes reading survey questions verbatim and correctly recording responses. It sounds like this position was not a good fit for you. Thanks for your feedback -- we appreciate it!

Easy job yet irritating.
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 17, 2017
Sitting down all day. Constantly calling people(annoying). People do not want to take surveys!!! Getting yelled not to call again repeatedly because dss calls them everyday if they do not complete the survey. Must read verbatim which is irritating because some of the required questions or answer choices are redundant. supervisor was nice. Good entry level experience for a call center. They record your calls then critique every word you said incorrectly. They pay you just enough not to quit and you do just enough not to get fired. They love to fire people. They fire as quick as they hire. That's why they are always hiring.
Pros
good for entry level, good pay.
Cons
stinky bathroom, small break room, short breaks.
April 18, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! In order for us to provide maximum value to our clients and maintain the integrity of the market research process, specific procedures must be followed regularly to ensure a quality outcome. We are disappointed you had a poor experience and appreciate your feedback.

Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2017
It had a very diverse range of employees. There were a lot of ex-convicts, but they were very professional. The work environment was fairly relaxed. Management was very good.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low pay and no benefits
April 18, 2018

Thank you for your review. DSS Research promotes a stable and accepting work environment for all employees. We appreciate your contributions and wish you the best of luck!

Dc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2017
Working with DSS research was a good experience for being a first time customer service representative as a telephone interviewer. It has a great office environment.
April 18, 2018

Thanks for the comments! We agree that our call center is an excellent place to gain entry-level experience. The interviewer position may appear to be easy, but it does require effective communication skills and patience. Thank you for taking the time to write such an helpful review!

Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2017
This job is a study paced job. You have to keep calling people non-stop. The call center helped me learn how to talk to people correctly. It taught me independence in a way.
April 19, 2018

Thanks for reviewing our call center location. If you are employed at the call center, you should expect to be on the phones on a consistent basis. We agree that our call center is an excellent place to gain experience. We appreciate your contributions and wish you the best of luck!

Terrible call center, decent mailroom
TEAM LEADER/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
The call center was awful, you sat in a chair and called people for 8 hours and had two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. The overtime was often unlimited if you could stand being there for more than 8 hours a day.

The mailroom was better but the work is difficult and fast paced. The environment is very unhealthy in the mailroom, I was almost always sick or in pain during the time I worked there.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, stressfull
April 19, 2018

Thanks for reviewing our call center location. If you are employed at the call center, you should expect to be on the phones on a consistent basis. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining a safe, healthy, and productive working environment. It sounds like these positions were not a good fit for you. Thank you for your comments -- we are always looking for ways to improve!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSS Research. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8