DST Systems Employee Reviews

This company is A-1
Deferred Output Act Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at DST the environment was friendly and the co workers cooperative. Building clean and kept up, everything, in my estimation was fine. Always had the resources to complete my job thoroughly. Management helpful and courteous. Training was excellent and ongoing. Participatd in many community activities, both local and nationally.

Too bad they are relocating the company or I would still be there.
Pros
All around great
Cons
They relocated.
Always a fast pace where i learned a lot.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 16, 2018
My team noticed a steady decrease in senior management support over the last few years. They just stopped caring about providing guidance on how we got our jobs done or managed corporate changes.
Pros
Great match on 401K and OK bonus structure for 2018.
Cons
For 2018, inferior, high deductible health care options are available.
I enjoyed my time there
Staff Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2018
For me I had a good time there. My bosses were great. As long as we got the work done we they were okay with just about anything.

I liked the people there. They were great to work with. There were problems with upper management not really knowing what we do and no one that had worked there a long time being able to tell them I guess. That was probably the hardest part. I couldn't understand why someone never knew what to tell them. What we did to 'tell our story' was all time based and I never saw how that answered the question.
Enjoyed early years at DST, but has changed over time
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2018
DST was acquired and the culture is changing due to this change. The people that I have worked with for over 18 years are the best part of this company. Always willing to help.
na
Operations Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 12, 2018
not applicable do not want to provide information at this time now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country now is the time for all
Top-notch Co-workers
Project leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2018
I always appreciated that DST Systems hired so many excellent people to work with. Everyone was considerate of others and worked well together as teams to accomplish the goals and needs of the company. If new knowledge was needed for something specific, others were available to share what they could. When stuck on something, others were willing to assist as possible.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, Paid Time Off per Tenure
Cons
Lacks quiet place to concentrate, no non-managerial promotions after age 40
Good until SS&C Buyout
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2018
New company does not care about the "Old DST" or its employees. SS&C is destroying the reputation of DST both from a prospective employee and the Kansas City community.
senior relations client specialist
Senior Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2018
Spent all day in meetings. On call 24 hours a day 14 days straight, They still used a pager and flip phone for their on call system. The whole department needed to be revamped,
Pros
Hire on Bonus
Cons
Leadership and daily operations in chaos following buyout
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2018
The company was recently purchased by a competitor with a focus on off-shoring and cost reduction. Wide scale layoffs have occurred and are expected to continue for at least the next year-and-a-half. Unless you're prepared to 'do more with less and love it', best look elsewhere.
Going down the tubes
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2018
This company has been on a downward spiral for years. With the recent acquisition by SS&C it's just getting worse.

If you decide to work here, get in, get some experience in the role, and get out. The company has zero loyalty to employees.
Pros
Stepping stone to better companies
It is a new world with the SS&C Acquisition
EPMO Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 7, 2018
The company I used to work for is undergoing dramatic changes and I am not sure what the company will become. For the sake of all the good employees there, I hope they are positive.
DST gave me many opportunities to grow myself and career
MANAGER OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2018
DST gave me many opportunities to grow myself and career. I was able to enjoy many years moving to different groups within the company to increase my learning.
Was a great place to work
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2018
Was challenged and got to do a verity of work. The associates there were the best. Our management was the best at one time and the company grew tremendously.
Pros
Varity of work
Cons
Downtown
Great experience and opportunities
Product Manager, Retirement Solutions Division (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 4, 2018
I enjoyed my career with all of the DST companies, over the 30+ years I worked there. The opportunities to learn different business skills, from basic computer through operational and systems management were fantastic.
repetitive job
Brokerage Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2018
I've learned a lot about product companies participating in third party websites: mutual funds, alternative investment, annuities, and plans. I took in calls from different parties such as broker dealers and financial advisors who wanted access to view their client account. This required me to do research on whether it was appropriate to give access to clients based on their financial registration. (FINRA)

Most times required me to help re-establish user password. This was more than 50 percent of my work.
Pros
relaxed workday. nice/supportive staff
Cons
redundant
Mutual Fund Distribution Representative
Mutual Fund Distribution Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2018
Received and sorted mutual fund mail and correspondence according to destination and type, for share owners,vendors and suppliers.
Prepared and calibrated digital scanning equipment and check processing machines.
Trained associates on new equipment and devices used in our department.
Researched and solved problems for department clients.
Pros
Great working environment, Good people to work for.
Cons
Was laid-off
Woked here more than half my life and I am grateful.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
Learned so much from ground up and took my own initiative to learn more and thankfully met people that allowed me to grown.
Once at a mid level title, it appears harder to grown and and have room for advancement.
Pros
Pto, Flexibility
Cons
Opportunity for advancement once mid level associate.
Received a lot of opportunities over the years
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Implementation (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 1, 2018
I grew up at DST, which allowed me to learn a lot and meet a lot of great people. Definitely was a company that allowed you a lot of opportunities. In addition, their work from home policy allowed you to have a good work/life balance.
Great coworkers
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2018
The best part about my job was the people that I worked with. The work really wasn't that interesting but I had great coworkers. It is a great place to work if you are just beginning your career.
great place with great people
Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 28, 2018
I felt lucky to spend the time i did there. The work wasn't to complicated, you could message coworkers, you had internet access, and management cared about us. definitely a great job for a student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DST Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight