DST Systems Employee Reviews

Productive Work place
Customer Support Representative, Investor Services (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 14, 2018
I worked in the call center for DST/ BFDS. It was a fun fast paced environment. I learned alot about benefit plans. It was nice to interact with the participants on the phone and help educate them about their choices.
Pros
benefits, hours
A Great College Job
SENIOR FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 11, 2018
With flexible schedules and 9-5 work days, this job is great for full-time college students. Management is helpful and wants all employees to exceed and work well.
Commited Fraud, Bully, Harrassment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2018
All levels of personnel were committing Fraud under the HIPAA law. Falsely claiming that the claims were being processed and no reporting was completed for proper follow up.
Not a good place to work.
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 30, 2018
Worked for Bfds before they were bought out by Dst,and then ss&c , Workers are stressed out, over worked,due to layoffs due to reorg of company.
Health insurance is awful
401K is good, PTO time is all right
Pros
Not much
Cons
Lack of training, a lot of micromanagement, workers are overworked and stressed out and underpaid.
do not work here
Control Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAOctober 27, 2018
slave driven enviroment....not accomodating to new hires who come down with illness...let go before even given the opportunity to provide sufficient documentation for illness...under my probationary period so while I understand their needs, do not believe they believed me nor gave me the time to provide.
Pros
Cons
shady
Dst
Project Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2018
Could be much better great people I worked with on my team and enjoyed the opportunities given to learn about the healthcare products

Good opportunity to meet and work with good people

No more to add to the above comment
Appreciated the time I worked at DST
Manager, Monitoring and Integrations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 22, 2018
I learned a lot and appreciated the mentorship and enjoyed meeting and working with a diverse group and large number of people. Also, the benefits were good.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Work life/balance could be better
Find any other job
Financial Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 20, 2018
Don't work here.

My department has lost 40 people in 2 years. We are overworked and underpaid.

The manager of this department likes to play favorites. If you aren't her favorite she treats you very poorly. She also seems to have an issue with non white people.
Pros
Allow to listen to music while working, Breaks & lunches
Cons
Management, No opp for growth. Still making the same amout made in 2016. Lousy health insurance.
I am one of the few employees who actually enjoyed going to work everyday,
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2018
I loved my job. My direct leadership team was amazing. They trusted in the ability of their team to do their jobs. We had a fun team. We worked tons of hours and travel was part of our job. We all worked well together and felt we had a great work family The sale of the company to SSC technologies seemed to leave the employees without clear leadership. From The announcement of the sale until the first RIF at the end of June there was a feeling of doom and the SSC leadership did little or nothing to stabilize morale.
Blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  boston massOctober 12, 2018
As a private contractor , I deliver groceries to waiting customers in a timely manner. Made sure all deliveries were accurate and properly distributed. Reported any discrepancies to Instacart human resources department
Pros
no pros
Cons
everythin
Fast-paced, client focused
Technology Operations Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2018
DST was a very inspiring, employee caring, and had so many opportunities until the change in leadership occurred in 2014.
Benefits prior to 2014 include profit sharing, stock option, Good Friday holiday. There were lots of opportunities for advancement, training. The company took care of the employees and the employees took care of the customers.
Decent place to work
Investment Control Liaison III (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 8, 2018
DST is a great work environment overall. However, the pay and lack of job advancement opportunities are a bit damning. Management is fairly carefree, but it seems one can get stuck with no advancement.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No opportunities for advancement, non-competitive pay
Stressful work environment
Investor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2018
Current employees were not supportive of new employees that were still in training. When a current employee was told to assist with training a couple of new employees, they told their manager "No!" They proceeded to make the new employees' time at DST as difficult as possible. They worked to get rid of any new employees brought onto their team.
Cons
Stressful work environment
Software Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2018
Worked with good people and learned a lot. Able to work flexible hours and wear jeans. Was able to take training so that I could advance my career. Good place.
DST Revenue Shrinking
SOLUTION LEAD (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2018
DST was a great company to work at. But as the mutual fund industry has been losing revenue so has DST. Consequently, job security is not good as there are annual layoffs.
DST - SS&C Opportunities
IT Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2018
Over the years, there were many opportunities to expand my experience and knowledge. Some were lateral and some were promotions. These opportunities were not always presented to me, but I initiated the communications. I found that others were open to hearing about recommendations to improve processes that moved the business forward.

Recently, DST Systems was purchased, so more than likely, there will be drastic changes to merge the companies and culture. In any merger situation, it will require quite a bit of flexibility and compromise during the transition.
Pros
Many learning opportunities
Cons
Merger transition may be a bit bumpy
Okay place to work
Software Engineer/Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 1, 2018
Okay, place to work. Not much advancement. Good workload and environment. Upper management not very good or have a clear vision of the company's future direction.
Dst systems inc
Client Liaison (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2018
This is a new company aka Boston Financial Data Services. Company was bought out by DST Systems and then sold again in a few months.
Company is not service freidnly
Cons
lost vacation time, lost holiday time and terrible insurance
Great call center
Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 21, 2018
Loved DST it was amazing working here. Got this job through a temp agency. The temp agency is no longer doing business with the company. Wish i could apply again in the future.
Pros
Family
Cons
Temp agency
Decent job. Great job for new college students.
Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 19, 2018
This company tends to be very flexible and work with your schedule which is great for new students.The pay isn't amazing but is decent for a college student. The work is physically easy as it only requires desk work on a computer; however, depending on what you do, it can range from dull to complex. It has many great characteristics as long as you view it as a stepping stone in your career.
Pros
Flexibility with your schedule and comfortable work environment
Cons
Not a lot of room to move up and can be boring after a while

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DST Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss