DST Systems Employee Reviews

DST was a great place to work.
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time while working at DST. The property manager was an awesome guy and had good leadership qualities. Everyone worked well together. Wish all jobs could be like this one.
productive
Control Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 14, 2018
it was a very good place to work, with opportunity for advancements but the company was moving alot of the work for my department to Kansas City, Many of my co-workers including myself were laid off.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
many employees were laid off
DST was acqusition
Investor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 25, 2018
It is hard to rate DST because i have been with them for less than one year and it was though an acquisition process.

The company was purchased by a technology firm.
Great company full of opportunites!
Liaison (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 24, 2018
DST (formerly Boston Financial Data Services) is the place I can call home. I was groomed and mentored by some of their top employees who have gone on to become some the key leaders in various areas of the company. Whether you're a temporary associate with a short term contract or full time hire, you're experience an intense, but informative training in every area need to be successful in your job. Management is flexible and collaborative in their efforts to develop their associates. While tax season can be demanding, the information and experienced gained can be taken with you in future jobs or in your personal life. The environment is relaxed but very professional. Many people enjoy the business casual dress and large cafeteria. You will meet many people with similar work experience which can be a source of motivation as you begin to build your career frame work. The diverse background make DST a great place to work.
Easy-Going
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2018
Very quiet work place
Fully focused environment
Were able to LISTEN to our cell phones while scanning through clients claims, which made the day go by faster.
Summary
Manager/Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2018
A lot of work with lower than average pay. Learn a lot of different skills. Not a lot of room for advancement. Tough part of the job was constant phone calls while trying to complete other tasks.
average day
Associate Financial Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 16, 2018
company is sinking faster every year. even the higher ups are jumping ship after yet another merger. most employees are looking for new jobs or unsure whether they will be laid off in the near future. no real job security. management asks for more and more work to be done as associates leave and spots aren't filled. lowest compensation increase since i've started even with the tax reform giving the company a ridiculous amount of money.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
complain about breaks even when all work is always done and clients are happy, pile more and more work on as more employees leave the sinking ship, whispers of layoffs around every corner
Assembly Line
Material Handler (Operator B) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2018
I was operator B on the production line. I hade to collect mail at a face pace. Sometimes I had to seal the mail or put the mail in alphabetical order, After that I had to place all the mail in certain bens that were comin around on the assembly line
High quality people, poor, poor, poor management
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2018
Management has no transparency,treats associates like resources, not real people. When management talks about productivity they are never talking about theirs. HR is only there to serve the corporation, beware of all HR dealings. Workplace culture is cut throat behind closed doors. Associates who get their way have leverage over management, beware. Good place to get some experience and training and then get out or you will burn out .. eventually. Sound IT best practices and principles, learn then leave.
Pros
Good hard working people
Cons
Long hours, zero recognition, raises don't cover cost of living increase, poor management
Fast paced, currently unstable with buyout
Project Lead/Supervisor Tactical Support (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 31, 2018
Learned a great deal management skills. 21 years experience, team based.
I normally would rate this company higher but with multiple layoffs recently and with the recent sell, the company is unstable in areas.
It's adequate
529/Mutual Fund Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 27, 2018
Overall, a great place to work, but not forever. Moreover, on a part-time/flex salary, it works well if you're a college student. Moreover, a strong emphasis on teamwork is highly valued.
Pros
relatively relaxed working environment
Cons
Short breaks
Unappreciative
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 16, 2018
Last 5 years of this job were stressful. I enjoyed this job because of the variety of tasks in a given day. I kept busy and enjoyed my co-workers. Pay was fair and benefits were excellent. Towards the end everyday was stressful with impending mass layoffs and then shortly after several openings. Felt unappreciated and overworked. The company is now being bought...hoping they have better luck keeping employees happy.
Pros
Benefits were excellent
Cons
Poor Management
Used to be's aren't any more
PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2018
It used to be a good culture and good place to work.

New CEO tore it apart.

Pending sale and good resources are leaving by the truck loads

No executive direction
Pros
benefits, vacation
Cons
management, pending sale
Dst
Medical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 13, 2018
I worked for a subsidiary of DST, Argus Health Systems. I was a medical officer and was provided a wide berth in which to develop new systems/products.
Pros
Innovative.
Cons
Slow to adopt new programs.
Don't go there
processor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence KSMarch 12, 2018
That entire company is full of politics. Manager's have favorites and if you aren't one then watch out. The managers know nothing about what we do therefore they can't answer your questions. Most of the co-workers are nice. The manager's falsify your numbers to make you look bad. There are layoffs going on so why would you apply?
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible. They come and go whenever they please.
Collaborative and fast-paced work environment
Customer Service Rep/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 12, 2018
Typically in a work day, I provide exceptional customer service to customers by answering questions, resolving issues and assisting with financial transactions. I have learned to process routine service requests for purchases, redemption's, transfers, new account set-ups and other maintenance items requested by the customer. I have learned to research complex issues for customers in order to support their requests, making outbound calls to provide customers with updates or to gain additional information.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to perform special project assignments from time to time, such as research work, obtaining special authorizations, outbound calls and data entry. The hardest part is the lack of job advancement.

The culture of the workplace is that of a collaborative nature, and each person there is committed to working together to provide excellent service to each client.
Stressful place to work
Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 9, 2018
Once upon a time DST was a great place top work, but now they have reductions in work force quarterly. DST was recently purchased as well leading to more speculation about additional layoffs.
Pros
location
Cons
culture
Very productive and fun workplace
Vault Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at DST currently trying to go back, took early retirement I regret it now I hear nothing but good things so hopefully I’m able to become an employer again
Productive work place
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 8, 2018
This is good company to work for with good benefits.
The company offer a good working environment to work in.
The company offer good benefits and policies.
Great opportunity if willing to work hard
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2018
In less than six years at this company I was recognized and rewarded with significant pay increases for performance. If you can deliver results, be accountable, earn trust, work hard and be willing to step up to the plate, there is a lot of growth opportunity. It is a culture where commitment is expected and noticed.

In recent years, more opportunities for employee participation in affinity groups, feedback and volunterism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DST Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DST Systems.