DSV Employee Reviews

Great day to day
Air Agent (Current Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 11, 2018
DSV is great to work for day to day but if you’re looking for advancement it does get frustrating. They say that they like to hire and promote from within but it is rarely the reality and internal job openings are not even shared unless it gets out through word of mouth. Usually people that are loyal to DSV still have to leave for another company and then hope to be hired back at the position or pay they deserved.
Pros
Relaxed workplace, friendly and open working atmosphere
Cons
Limited advancement/pay scale
Productive and challenging work place management is horrible though
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  DSVOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work included a challenging work day but enjoyable having to work at a fast pace kept me going. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the management.
Great place to start
Quality Assurance & Special Handling Lead (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 4, 2018
It was a great place to start opportunities are possible, but you must be self motivated to teach yourself how to perform new tasks. Most of my direction came directly from the client even though I was employed by DSV.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
You must be self motivated to teach yourself.
Worst Company Ever
IT Analyst/ System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 4, 2018
They are not a good company. Low salaries and only promote to higher positions people from Denmark

Constant turnover of employees. They are never organized on projects and they want you to work long shifts over 12 hours. If you get sick they fire you.
Pros
Is a job
Cons
They are not organized
Management isnt good
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pass Christian, MSSeptember 29, 2018
Only problem is management. Everybody is related to everybody so their is always special treatment. Management doesn't take harassment serious and let employees get away with everything. Management stay they have an open door policy but its not true. If your are having problems with other employees then they will not do anything about it. You are basically left on your own to handle the situation by yourself.
Place is a nightmare, my only regret is not leaving sooner.
Blending operator (Former Employee) –  Little Hocking, OHSeptember 27, 2018
Are you looking for a new job. One that offers great pay and opportunities to advance in the company. Are you looking for one with great medical benefits and sick days. Are you wanting to work in a well organized facilitie with top of the line equipment. One that management is understanding and easy to deal with. Where you work on one task all day long and not multiple tasks. Well friends this is not the place for you. Here at DSV we like to give you hope when you first start out. $11 an hour and $0.50 after 4 months. The next raise is ? Long hours with 2 or more jobs. Move up in the company. Only if your family. So if you like not knowing what your doing from day to day come on down. I wish I hadn't.
Pros
Your coworkers
Cons
Everything else, poor management, forced overtime because they can't keep employees, the treatment of employees, empty promises that "it will get better", favoritism, shady acts all around, working with scrappy machines, getting in trouble for others acts because they are family with management
Great learning experience: Learning a new application SAP
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJSeptember 21, 2018
It was a challenge learning the SAP, but I did it. I was scanning checks to bank. Hardest part of the job opening mail, I had not opened mail it made the job and administrative and tedious function, since, I was a cash applicator.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOSeptember 20, 2018
It has its days. Some days you'll be busy some days you won't. There's days where you might sweep Ailes for the whole day till work comes available. The money is good though
Great job
General Tire Handler (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCSeptember 19, 2018
Very physical job but it is very fun and interesting. The company from time to time cooks lunch for us. They also let you work overtime whenever it’s available with no kind of issues with your pay. Great job. I love it!
Pros
The pay is great
Cons
Hours are long and the job is very physical
A very profitable company that is cut throat
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2018
They hire a lot of employees from overseas. They are a Danish owned company and I was replaced by a gentlemen from Denmark. I did a great job for DSV/UTI and feel that I was let go unfairly. My head is held high and I will succeed moving forward.
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
bad management
Horrible Management
CSR LEAD (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 27, 2018
Not the best place to work.
Management favors supervisors over employees.
Very title driven place.
No wage increase yearly, extremely busy during the holidays you will not have a life here.
Polymer Product Machine Operator
Polymer Product Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 22, 2018
• Set up machine to start up the production line by releasing the polymer material from the bin.
• Recorded all data from the machine on the tablet using Excel Spreadsheet.
• Made any necessary adjustments to the machine when required to ensure product specifications.
Pros
Workload
Cons
Machinery
Nice place to work
Libeling (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJAugust 21, 2018
I really liked that place . Unfortunately I was working for an agency and 1 day they just call me to let me know that because of the lack of production , work has been slowly we have to stop for a while .

I will miss that place .
A lot of potential.
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 20, 2018
I worked at DSV in their Rancho Cucamonga site as part of leadership/management. Their site in Rancho is dysfunctional in terms of communication and accountability. They also lack tools and equipment to make job efficient.

Communication at all levels rarely exist, everyone is doing their own thing with impunity. Top management in Rancho Cucamonga warehouse has his own group, rarely speaks to you unless he needs something done.

Benefits are okay, typical for its industry but fair. Compensation is competitive compared to other companies with the same position and responsibilities. It is very busy in their Rancho site, expect lots of OT, specially if you are in management.
Pros
benefits, compensation, overtime
Cons
lack of tools/equipment, training, management, communication
Productive, Fun , Fast Pace
Forwarding Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2018
Fun and smooth days at work. Every day was a challenge to learn new rules and regulations in the forwarding industry and customer care. I enjoyed leaving knowing that the customers were satisfied and happy with our services and customer support.
Pros
Pay, Experiance, woking hours
Dsv as a whole
OCEAN EXPORT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
DSV has a good environment under the correct management. The relationships you can make there are great. The employees need better training in order to excel
Benefits
Cons
Quick employee turnaround
Fun and a upbeat job.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOAugust 15, 2018
At DSV you always learned something new every day you had hand on experience and not every day you did the same thing and the employees was willing to help at anytime.
Pros
Free breaks and paid time off.
Cons
Short breaks and mandatory 10 hour work days.
Throw out anything you know
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 14, 2018
General manager flys home to Detroit early Fri, while all employees work through weekends to support client needs. GM flys back in noon monday. Employees and staff reg work 12 hr shifts during week and 8-12 shifts expected on weekends. You'll get a free doughnut once a month for "hero of month" and birthday. You'll be expected to turn on a dime to react to Diebold Nixdorf ever changing production schedule all while being ridiculed and verbally assaulted by Dibold Nixdorf (client). All staffing,production, inventory problems are blamed on you and DSV. 55 jobs threatened daily.
Pros
Supervisors are smart, previous Ops manager cared about employees
Cons
Gm refers to employees as "hey you"
DSV isn't open anymore
basement operator (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCAugust 13, 2018
enjoyed it when it was still open. I realy enjoyed the people I worked with. really hot in the workplace. supervisor wasn't the greatest but tolerable.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
short breaks
Forklift Operator/Certified (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOAugust 12, 2018
I'm not one to talk down about a past employer. I would not work for this company again or suggest it to others. This was a very stressful place to work.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
management