DSV Employee Reviews

Favortism at its BEST
Picker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 18, 2019
Very racist sexist job. OPnly like tyo hire Mexicans through coompany because of low wages. Will make others come through temp services to procve they are able to get job done. Only seen 1 black man hired directly through company that was not ibn managemnet in a whole year. Does NOT care about employees and is ran horribly from higher management to leads. Will write you up for phones but go to another worker and watch sports shows on phone with them. It a check but not nearly a career move and or long term job situation. Gave employees a 50 cent hat bag of 50 cent chips and candy cane for christmas after promising a $2 raise for last two months of year. Every time OM was aked he always "had to check into it".
VERY HORRIBLE COMPANY
Pros
overtinme
Cons
everything else
Bad
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 18, 2019
They say they care about there drivers
That is not true
All it come down to is they want there money
And what they can get out of the driver's
And moving the fright
Good place to get experience.
Packaging Lead/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Indios, TXJanuary 15, 2019
DSV is a good place to get experience, However not a place where you can advance. Lead or supervisor is the most you can go. Decent benefits, great people to work with.
benefits
Cons
No advancement
Fun place to work people are friendly
Stand up forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Learned plant was closing after 4 weeks of being employed which called for the unexpected search of more employment after finding position which profile
Pros
Two thirty minute breaks
Cons
Have to clock out for one break
Fun/busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CA 92335January 10, 2019
The job duties are very easy
allocating,waving orders releasing them to warehouse
the hardest part of the job is getting supervisors to provide info requested

CSR's and Team are very friendly
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
management needs improvements
Sub-par
Weekend Shift team lead (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCJanuary 10, 2019
On a daily basis quite busy, must be able to multi-task and think on the fly. Good team members, management is a great team to work with. Ready for bigger and better
Great work life balance
Ocean Import / Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 8, 2019
A good company to work for if you are looking for a work life balance. Hours are 8:30 - 4:30. The work culture is very relaxed for a logistics company.
Easy work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Easy work with plenty of overtime. Weekends off and one shift only. Open from 7am-5pm. Handled multiple accounts. Each account had to be handled differently.
Pros
8-10hrs a day with weekends off
Cons
Short lunch and bad management
BBQ night
Quality assurance /Quality control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: prioritize investigations that are assigned on a daily basis or any other basis as deemed appropriate by management. Complete audits of operational and safety standards, inventory control related procedures as well as compliance to standards, cross functional with all groups to ensure process and job function compliance with all corporate program of HSE,standards.
N/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCDecember 27, 2018
All jobs have their pro's and con's just like DSV. You may not always agree but they have a business to run as well. I saw things that I don't agree with but like I said they have a business to run and a client to make happy.
top rated
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER - AIR EXPORT (Former Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYDecember 23, 2018
i enjoyed my job even though it was very intense and stressful but I was up to the challenges

Management was good and accessible

my best part of the job is the connections i built with my team and more importantly with our customers
Avoid working here
Freight Forwarder (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 23, 2018
People are bullied and the pay is very low and unfair for the amount of work I have put into. I do work for 3 people and still get compensated less than other people who do 1/3 of the work I do.
Stressful and they overwork you without good compensation.
There is no room for advancement.
There is a lot of swearing, yelling and crying at work.
workers beware
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MODecember 22, 2018
work is easy enough if you apply yourself, expect to be paid some of the lowest wages for warehouse work in the area. Has had several job fairs, yet will ignore applications that have been put in on their webpage.

NO actual handbook for rules or policies. Policies can and will change to suit management. Have seen the same policy change several times in a very short time.
Pros
some good helpful people to work with
Cons
very expensive healthcare, low wages, poor management
Great staff!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJDecember 18, 2018
New people and always new things to do. Collaborative work culture and free lunches! Free breakfast every Friday and amazing holiday parties! Bonuses!
Pros
Bonuses!
Cons
Bosses. No leaders.
Poor management
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 17, 2018
No training provided by mgmt and underpd for amt of hrs worked. No understanding by supervisors and managers of customer expectations. Not enough equipment for all pickers. Insufficient amount of space for all items. Huge turnover with pickers.
Pros
Nice co-workers, leads are more helpful than supervisors and managers
Cons
Mgmt doesnt listen to leads, hire supervisors that dont know what they are doing, turnover of management
Freight forwarder
Freight forwarder (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 17, 2018
I like working here. Managers and coworkers are respectful and fun to work with. Also my colleagues are supportive and they are always willing to help and teach. It's easy to learn more about this industry here.
Awesome
Labeler (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 15, 2018
Its an awesome job and i loved it. You got ro be really fast and willing to work 12 hour shifts. I personally loved it. You also gotta be able to work as a team player and pretty much know spanish because there is a lot of people who speaks spanish there you dont have to know it to be hired but it will make it easier for everyone.
What i learned
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Gemeente VenloNovember 28, 2018
I got to learn to work a lot in different departments i.e: VAS, INBOUND, OUTBOUND and although my restrictions of entry are limited, I tried to gain as much knowledge as I can.
Pros
work culture
Cons
Difficult in growing in career wise
Don't approve
O/O Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula.MTNovember 26, 2018
If you want to better or grow your business then I suggest you try someone else because it is all about them and if you get into a financial bind they will terminate your contract
Very unorganized structure overall
Ocean Export Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 25, 2018
DSV came to me recruiting me for the ocean export management position with an offer I could not refuse. After starting my career with them I began to realize how unorganized the structure was there and it is very hard for me to work in this type of environment. I believe now it was not the right move for me. Therefore would like to seek more opportunities.