DSV Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok place to get experience but don't invest too much time here
worker (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOMay 18, 2018
The culture is strange...The work is simple but the management lacks consideration for the workers. They are running off an old school system that really needs to come up to date,
Pros
Work isn't difficult
Cons
Management needs to work on social skills
Productive and energetic
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 16, 2018
DSV is a fun and productive place to work for it provides great health insurance for the entire family, it provides great training great opportunities to grow and most importantly it gives you the proper tools to learn new things and improve as a person
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Short break
Peak season is horrendous
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 16, 2018
Very poorly staffed. Not enough training. Do not promote from within. Overworked and underpaid. Management uses and abuses teams. Peak season is a mess. Too many hours, not enough support from management.
Good fun clean good pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 7, 2018
I liked working for DSV cause it was a clean environment. It was a fast pace job which made the day go by quick. I just hated that the job was just temporary, they made a lot of orders for toys, so after Christmas job ended shortly after.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Job was temporary
Co workers were fun working with
Lead Labeler (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 23, 2018
Management horrible..Got discriminate against everyday..need more training in management.. working 12 hour days with no days off.. mandatory work for 22 days straight 12 hours..
Pros
Free lunch Fridays
Cons
Short breaks
overall needs management improvement
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 20, 2018
they only care about there big clients and not really pay close attention to the small ones
they need a better operations manager there is no way small clients should be putting in more than 8 hours a day.
Its a relaxed work place just under appreciated and paid.
Chucker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2018
DSV Solution would be better if it is not for management and supervisors. I've seen people come and go within the 9 months I've been here. All due to the pay and unfair treatment that goes on here. The GM will walk past a long bail (film compactor) not say a word but will ask can you pick up that piece of paper. It's been plenty of times where my shift will come behind another shift and be messed up. I'm talking about things are out of placed, aren't taken care of and just all around chaotic. Management does say anything and has favoritism towards certain people and shifts.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Management, Unpaid, unfair treatment, benefits.
The company does not provide the advancemant and salary that I was expecting upon employment.
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 16, 2018
I am looking for a workplace that offers advancement, salary increases and leadsership from management. It lack the training for the employees to be more efficient at their assigned work stations and it lack programs to build morale.
Pros
n/a
Cons
No advancement.
Stay away sorry so long winded
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOApril 9, 2018
I have been there for over two years and it is starting to go BAD to worse. First thing is the pay isn't that great and the insurance is horrible. You have only one provider and that are extremely high, like 80 dollars a week for one adult and that's one of the cheapest options, vision and dental are separate. Then there upper management, where do I start. We recently were bought out yet again but another company and then the problems started, well they were already there. Continental our employer who only cares about filling there own pocket toke on so many new, BIG contract's that we can't stay caught up, we have been working six days a week since before the beginning of the year. They promised that they would start letting us have one Saturday on one off and that lasted all but two weeks and here we are again six days. I spend more time at work than with my family, and please don't plan anything on Saturday because making them money is more important. They fire people constantly and we hire every week seems like. There are so many people leaving to find other jobs because everyone is disgusted with everything. Morale is so low that you can't measure it if you could. Bottom line I'm going to start looking for another job myself. I don't see this place staying open much longer. If it does I will be amazed.
Pros
Your fellow workers people that actually work
Cons
Terrible management
Enjoyable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60502April 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job when UTI management was in charge before DSV took over. They have slacked on their management skills when it comes to the employer needs being met.
People are good willing to work if treated correctly.
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 6, 2018
No balance in life. Always asking for more. Hours of operation always changing. Fire fighting daily. need to change the culture of work increase in pay. way to much micro managing from the upper management. always repeating the same problems.
Pros
Monthly employee awards / Honors
Cons
work balance... pay
Dsv
Bulk Loading Tech (Current Employee) –  Ironton, OHApril 1, 2018
I would recomend dsv to very limmited people.
It was a job when I needed one, but after so long
Its time to move on. The company doesnt pay the employees nearly enough and u hardly ever get a raise.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not enough money for the responsibilty
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 29, 2018
Rancho Warehouse great place to work! Easy going Co workers & decent hours. Management is awesome in all departments. Peak season is tough but good money
Collaborative and teamwork company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, IndianaMarch 23, 2018
Great managers and culture. and room to grow with the company. Challenging and creative, and client had confidence in our ability to service their needs.
Pros
great benfits
Well put together
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 15, 2018
Working at DSV is very calm and busy at the sametime. Everynight there's a mark/goal we have to meet by the end of the shift.We meet the goal we have happy customers.
Forklift Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCMarch 13, 2018
none was not organized staff barley knew anything other then the bad things, not a stable job for someone whos looking to further or advance there career
eh
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 8, 2018
was part of the acquisition when DSV purchased UTI and it was cold... DSV is a good company, runs very lean and they are cash heavy... and strategic enough to know what to do with the money. Very business. Great for investors, not so much employees.
Get left alone when you do your job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 3, 2018
Management is terrible. They always make terrible decisions. Keep all the terrible workers and treat the good workers terribly. Expected excellent work for low pay.
Warehouse Lead / Order Management (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIFebruary 16, 2018
i dont have one i worked here for 6 years and they stab you in the back like your a nobody that take your money away from hlh and think you should be happy about it
Routine Day
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Reading, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity. Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products are properly counted. Participate in quality meetings, responsible for maintaining an orderly clean & neat work area, and assist/participate in security meetings of the warehouse.
Pros
Always busy & the day goes by quickly.
Cons
Poor Management