DSW Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,277 reviews matching the search See all 1,322 reviews
Great workplace culture
DSW - Designer Shoe Warehouse - Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 8, 2018
I have been an assistant manager for 3 years with DSW. I originally LOVED it. They preach work-life balance, try to make training and development fun, hands-on, and interactive. You really feel the "work family" value here. Everyone truly cares about each others well being. But everyone also knows there is a job to be done, take care of our customers and work quickly and efficiently. Here recently has been more stressful due to lack of hour and the company trying to do new things to drive profit which in return is exhausting the managers. There's a large gap sometimes of communication from home office to the actual retail stores.
Pros
culture, discount
Cons
zero down time
Amazing work place relationships
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 7, 2018
Great place to work. Most managers are easy to talk to and quick to help. Amazing open door policy. Quickly made friends and always encourage to grow new relationships. Steady and reliable work.
Easy to manage. Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CANovember 6, 2018
DSW overall had good programs in place, good benefits, and good working environment.
They did open too many stores when first coming to California and that hurt them that they had to down size many stores and close some.
Middle management did not assist store as much as they could.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Chanimg culture constantly.
We are like family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 5, 2018
THey work with you as best as they can fast paced at times but it’s a place where you can have fun not to much room for growth they can do better with hours but they are great
Fairly good place to work. Some people have been there over 30 years, but then there is also a high turnover rate. Management is poor.
RETAIL - DESIGNER SHOE WAREHOUSE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2018
Bottom line is to sell, sell, sell more shoes! They keep trying different things constantly to drive up sales. Management comes down hard on associates who can’t perform therefore the high turnover.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very stressful
Great Company & Management Team
Cashier & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 29, 2018
Very Good Company and working environment with good supportive manager. Very flexible working hours and very helpful management team that will support work staff to the fullest.
Pros
Great mangement and working environment.
Cons
Hours can increase / decrease traffic flow
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 27, 2018
Good discounts, good job to work in college. Fun environment, but they keep you busy. They give you pay increase for being good employee. Mostly moving boxes and register work, keeping store clean
didn't enjoy my time here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 26, 2018
spent nearly a year here and left because I couldn't take the poor management. we constantly had changing managers, whom couldn't keep composure for work. it was annoying to deal with people like that, and I felt more capable than the management at times.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
management
was like working with family
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 26, 2018
I loved working at DSW , I just didn't like how one bad apple made working there so stressful to the point that I had to leave.
After I moved to a new job, the person who made it so bad was let go.
Pros
made new friends
Cons
stressful because of one person
Management could have been better
ASSISTANT STORE MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 25, 2018
It just wasn't a positive environment to work. I had amazing customers though, and a really great team of associates. The discount was good, and the benefits were also pretty good.
Great costumer service experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2018
Working at DSW is great. It gives costumer service experience; however, full-time positions is not available for all employees. Only managers get full-time. Managers are nice, they are very big on costumer service and keeping the store clean. It is a good first job to start off with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No full-time for new employees only managers.
Productive, fast paced environment
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAOctober 24, 2018
Friendly workplace. Has you moving a lot, there was always something to do. Enjoyed working the stock room and preparing packages for shipment to customers.
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 18, 2018
Enjoyed the people I worked with and help customers find what they were looking for. I learned more about shoes than I knew. The work place was kind of the same every day. was willing to learn new things but they restrained me. I didn't like that.
Sales associate
Sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
As a part time you only get the employee discount. Management was awesome. As any retail, is expected to be able to work on weekends and holidays. Overall, it was a good experience to develop customer service skills to be able to move on with my goals.
Very awesome place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 17, 2018
I loved working there I loved all the people . It was a very easy job ! I would recommend people to work there . I loved that you got 50 percent discounts .
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 17, 2018
Company has allowed me the flexibility to achieve my personal and financial goals. Have had the chance to promote my knowledge of integrity selling multiple times during my career
Nice Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 15, 2018
The only available hours conflicted with my schooling schedule, so there weren't many hours available. Other employees were extremely nice and super awesome to work with.
Best job i had. didnt want to leave.
Stock (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 48104October 15, 2018
best job I ever had. I would do truck freight if needed. process the merchandise. after I was done with that I would service customers and help out at registers if need be. I would also greet customers as they walked into the store or leave. I did pretty much everything there and loved it. the only reason I left is because I needed more money and the better opportunity came along.
Pros
great job if you are willing to work
Cons
pretty low salary
Great for Part-time
DSW (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 12, 2018
DSW is the type of job that is great for supplemental income or as a seasonal job. It is a typical retail job which includes learning about the products we sell and day-to-day operations and sales goals.
Terrible experience
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 12, 2018
The company does not care about the needs of the employees. After working there there is barely any raise. You can make more working anywhere. They use dayforce to track shifts which is nice but they never look to see if anyone requested days off, so it makes it difficult to take days off for important matters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSW Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss