DTCC Employee Reviews in Coppell, TX

Hectic and political work environment
On contract for Mastech, IT Project Management (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 18, 2019
This was a short term experience and the work environment is nothing I have ever experienced before. Very political, spending many hours in meetings and no clear job definition.
Pros
Cons
lack of leadership
Contract Job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 19, 2019
I was contracted to complete a specific project. When project was completed there was not a full time position for me. I would like to have continued to work there.
Support for minority groups
Senior Service Lead in Event Management (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 20, 2018
DTCC is an excellent company. I really like how they support the LGBT Community and many other socially responsible causes.
Their treatment of employees is fair and their compensation structure fair as well.
Pros
Promote mobility
Cons
Some reluctancy to allow people working from home
Great culture
Senior Infrastructure Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 25, 2018
I realized very quickly after i started working for DTCC that there was a significant amount of internal conflict within the team. Also, I've never been apart of a company where the Manager will not provide his input and would much rather you fail than succeed.
Great place to work with a diversity of cultures
Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 24, 2018
DTCC is a great place to work if you want to grow and advance. DTCC does not discriminate againist your color, or religion. If you want to work, learn, and advance this is a great place to be.
Pros
Always room to advance
Cons
There are always cons, mine might not be yours.
Only a contract
Sr. Security Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 6, 2018
No onboarding organization. Takes forever to receive needed access and equipment. Job is not what the Job description stated. Security over kill at this company. All jobs are silod
Pros
Wfh
Na
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 23, 2017
Day to day pretty high paste, deal with a global industry among them many of the top financial institutions. Case dealt with on a daily basis also include know ledge of other internal team. High multi tasking environment.
Great Development and Educational Experience
Global IT Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 5, 2017
I have been employed at DTCC for 24 years before resigning for personal reasons. It has been a great experience. DTCC has provided me an opportunity to develop technical and managerial skill sets. I consider myself fortunate to have worked there.
Pros
Mentorship Programs, benefits
Expect Change
Program Manager - Office of the CIO (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 5, 2015
A time of change for this Industry Owned Financial Services Utility.

This firm is attempting to mature from a Mom and Pop mentality to a for Profit, Globally Important Financial Services Utility.

The growing paying are present and as expected for this kind of Global Change.

Compensation is at or above Market. There are few opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Progressive Management
Cons
Many Growing Pains due to Change
The People doing the work are the best.
Enterprise Scheduling Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 11, 2015
The Management is in transformation for the past few years trying to decide if they want. This causes tension in the ranks and management to make some decisions that are not thought out fully. The people keep the company on the right track.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Company is trying to do better.
Nice place to work
Greenplum DBA, Oracle DBA,MySQL DBA (Former Employee) –  DTCC Coppell TxOctober 7, 2014
Database Administration activities
Very good experience working with DTCC.
Good Management.
Nice coworkers, overall I enjoyed working in DTCC.
Working in shifts.
Working as a Team.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no comment
Substantial number of technology jobs and customer service jobs outsourced.
Mainframe/Distributed Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 9, 2013
Considerable amount of jobs were outsourced to Philipines and Chennai, India. Several employees laid off since January 2013.
Pros
401K Matching
Cons
No pension plan, retirement, management not interested in employee skill sets for movement or promotions
A standard corporate environment
Sr. Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 8, 2013
I arrived at work at 06:00am and entered the Technical Operations Center. I monitored Mainframe, UNIX and Windows systems utilizing the Tivoli Netcool monitoring software. I would login and perform VDI Windows server checkouts on Windows Servers typically Windows 2003 and 2008. I would check disk space available, connectivity to the network, and connectivity to the Server. I would perform restarts on jobs in Control-M and monitor the mainframe system through a MVS console. I would perform tape backup in the raised floor area.
Pros
Good work environment. I am at home in an enterprise compute environment
Cons
No real cons except I was laid off