DTCC Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

Great company
Business System Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 11, 2019
Nice and friendly people to work with.
Great working environment.
Learned a lot as the Business Analyst.
Enjoyed every day working in Equity derivatives team.
Pros
Free coffy all day.
Enjoyed Summer Internship and office environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 20, 2019
Enjoyed my time with the company. Excellent culture in a prime location within Jersey City. Enjoyed the Business Professional Networks and volunteer work the company did.
A typical Day at DTCC
Fixed Income Market Risk Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 24, 2018
A nice place to work.
Very tight deadlines along with multitasking activities.
Multiple projects and firm analysis on a daily basis.
Daily monitoring. I learned how to analyze firms portfolios and compare market trends.
Pros
Nice company to work for
Cons
Very competitive
Comfortable
Settlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 29, 2018
Constant updating and reviewing procedures and processes. Managers were there for support and ideas. Good working environment. Family type atmosphere.
Pros
Team ethic
Cons
Can't rate was not there long enough.
Consultant - Senior Associate, Ops Risk Acceptance (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2018
Can't rate was not there long enough my contract only lasted for a month. Thus it is not enough time for me to rate my time at DTCC. The management team are great as well as the staff.
Pros
Can't rate
Cons
Can't rate
A very great enviornment to grow in your career
Human Resources Talent and Acquisition Intern (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2018
I love working here as an intern because I learned so much from an intern's perspective. I meant a lot of hire ups and got to work close to them just to shadow and learn the company, and they were very flexible as well.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
In Jersey City
DTCC Experience
Junior Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 30, 2018
My experience at DTCC is wonderful. The most amazing aspects of this company are culture and the core values that drives every employee towards success.It is important to always consider work-life balance when working at this company because it directly facilitates change and development. There is a massive amount of support that I receive from fellow employees and senior management.
a decent company
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2018
company promotes work life balance, diversity and inclusion. It's done relatively well in those areas. However, in terms of career advancement there is a lot of room to improve.
Great PTO
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 23, 2018
Great PTO! 25 pto for first 5 years, 30 after that. The place seems to be behind on the in house culture. They are trying, but there is still too much old fashion culture lingering to move forward.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Jersey City
Challenging work environment with a great team effort
Manager of Counterparty Credit Risk - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 22, 2018
Working on a 3 month contract. Very impressed with management and staff that works there. People are professional and work as a team supporting and training each other. Great place to work.
Credit Policy & Risk Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 11, 2018
The company invests in their employees and in turn the employees invest in the company. The stellar work ethic that exists at DTCC, unlike at other firms, is the norm.
Pros
Your contribution is valued
Cons
The NY footprint is shrinking
DTCC Experience
Sourcing and Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 28, 2018
DTCC is a very difficult place to work. It's the quintessential 'all about who you know' environment. The work is hectic and unorganized and turnover is out of control. I personally had 4 different Directors in 3 years. The compensation is very good but all the same they do layoffs to times a year and no one is immune, no matter how good your productivity or how well your annual review goes. I would not encourage anyone to seek employment here.
Good Pay Master
BI Developer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 20, 2018
Good pay master.Opportunity to work on latest technologies.Company is moving towards agile implementation.Easy to change teams ,if you are not satfisfied with work.
productive and fun
Mailroom clerk/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 30, 2018
a friend refered me to this job which i enjoy, the people were very nice and i got to learn a lot. My lunch break was for one hour which was nice and also I got to learn new task.
Fair and Honest, but fears change and progression
Reorg Operations (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2018
I pretty much summed it up in my summary. It's a great place to work at. However, there is a distinct push back against changing anything that has been done over the past 30 years. There is always a fight for trying to enhance procedures or change anything for that matter. It's always the "It's the way we've always done it," mantra that can kind of be frustrating. They are getting better though, some changes are happening but it's still a struggle.

Pros: Better bonuses than most, you get to wear jeans everyday, they do have Work from Home capabilities but depending upon what department you work in it may be frowned upon. Definitely learned a lot, everyone knows their stuff and you can't just "fake it till you make it," kind of thing.

Cons: Stubborn old school mentality in some areas that resist change for the better.
Hard, constant work.
Security Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 29, 2017
Work was always constant until 5:00PM. Management was always willing to teach the job. Lots of special projects with the ability to move into various Lines of Business.
Pros
You were allowed two 15 minutes break.
Stressful
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 20, 2017
The work can be very interesting and sometimes tedious. The firm is very Risk oriented, which is understandable in today's environment. I felt that the management style needed some work. Nobody bothered you unless something was brought to their attention. They did not get out in front of things and were somewhat oblivious to what was happening day to day. The management team was very likable, but had a problem with confrontation. The most frustrating part of the job was that there was really no growth within your own department; however, there were some opportunities to move laterally outside of the area. The best part of the job, I would say, is the company itself. It is a good place to work, with good benefits.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Recognition
Nice place to work
Senior QA Analyst- (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Was a competitive environment. had to work hard and handle multiple projects at the same time. Was a typical 40 hours per week. Management was fair
Great Company
SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 15, 2017
The DTCC is a fantastic company to work for. Management within Finance is intelligent and forward thinking. Most importantly they understand the value of respecting their employees.
Very friendly work atmosphere
Senior Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 20, 2017
This is a very good company to learn about the legal and securities field. I enjoyed my time there and established a lot of great contacts. My direct supervisor was very understanding and friendly.
Pros
Healthy work atmosphere
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTCC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight