DTCC Employee Reviews

Daily work
Senior Billing Analyst - Billing Dept (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2015
The start of the day was customer inquiries and nice staff in other department. Customers were my top priority in serving them with good customer service work and services. Monthly billing was a priority for the first 3 days of the month.
Pros
Over worked and under paid
Cons
Nice people
Great work environment
Internal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey CityMay 21, 2015
I would enter the premesis at least 15 minutes before shift began, and head to the security console for role call and daily assignment. I would head to my post given and perform on post according to its induvidual requirements. As im on post I would receive my evening assignment, and given my time for lunch break. and for the rest of the day I would perform my given duties and additional ones as well.
Pros
Great work environment, space for growth, and passion for client satisfaction.
Cons
Difficulty to shift change.
Great place for skills training
EMIR Regulatory Reporting Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, New JerseyMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed the opportunity to consult for DTCC for 1 year. They pay was excellent and the overtime just the right amount leading into the holiday rush.

This company was fantastic with the training and the support given to new hires. You have to be a self-starter and learn many of the functions on your own. If you request something or express a desire for assistance they will respond.

I found there were opportunities for direct hire and lateral transition, but I changed industries and therefore left the role.

Management at times can be hard to measure. I find they are very collective in their decision making. One area rules the entire projects and teams for all decisions-with or without immediate impact.
You just have to negotiate with the proper units to get results.
Pros
Great pay and overtime
Cons
New location has technical staff working remotely offsite
DTCC is not for everyone
DTCC/contractor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2015
Management does not accept change (technology upgrading systems to improve productivity and contractors working full time positions). I had a manager disrespect me verbally several times and was told "that's how he or she is by upper management.
Pros
Opportinties to Finish your educatution
Cons
Poor Management
Great work enviroment
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  tampa,flMay 14, 2015
Amazing management, with great team collaboration environment. environment produces enough challenges to test your ability and seek to improve those skills.
Office Culture very good for first time work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2015
Work on the computers. Using Excel for reconciliations, JD Edwards for Account Ledgers on the accounts. Co-workers are nice and help you when you had questions.
Pros
Close to home
okay place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2015
Accounting Manager has favorites and it shows. The pay is really good, but they overpay employees to make it difficult for them to leave the company. Bottom line: Don't get used to the pay and you will have no problem leaving.
Cons
Expensive Health Care
Good benefits.
MEMBERSHIP SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2015
The was a decent company to work for at the time.
Job security and moral was pretty low.
The benefits were very good.
The people were friendly and fun.
I enjoyed working independently
Senior Financial Analyst/Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
A very professional set up where staff is running around to get the job done. Accounting software and finished my undergraduate and graduate studies during which my co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part was to call rating agencies to confirm ratings. The most enjoyable part of the job was I was blessed with very understanding bosses.
Pros
Awards & recognition
Cons
From personal point of view, none.
Stable Place to work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Manage day to day operations of DerivSERV, LoanSERV, and GTR
Overall, a very good company to work for; fair to it employees
Business Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
DTCC has always offered competitive compensation and growth opportunities. The skills attained at the company will be of great value in any future endeavors.
Mediocre
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Not much to say.
Management is not in the know.
Small smoke becomes larger fires due to managements communication with employees.
Its a great learning experience, just focus on the job at hand.
There are no bonuses for Contract employees, but it was widely known when others were up for quarterly bonuses.
Good Luck! Been here 2 years, and have learned so much about the financial industry. The connections that are made between yourself and others from outside banking industries are undeniably invaluable!
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
No advancement opportunites for contract employees
DTCC Rocks
PMO Operations & Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL, NYC, NY, JC, NJ, Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2015
I love this company and this job but there's limited options for me. Job security is poor and advancement is worse. I've survived as long as I have through networking, hard-work and being persistent but it's a job that can be cut short at anytime without notice. I work with some great people, but I have so much more to offer. I want to be rewarded based off my hard work and what I can bring to the table.
nice place to work at
Web Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
nice place to work and excellent working environment and nice management, friendly co-workers
Dynamic professional with 5 years of QA experience with expertise in web-based application testing and used various tests methodologies and tools.
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Expertise in diversified platforms which includes the responsibilities like scheduling the tasks, assisting the team in creating the test scripts and test data, performing testing, Configuration and Defects management, creating metrics and status reports to communicate project status, outages and project impacts
Complete understanding of Testing Methodology, Strategy and Testing Process and strong at analyzing business and technical specification and coming up with the test scenarios, cases based on them covering all the requirements with In-Depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
Expertise in Functional, Compatibility, System Integration Testing, End to End Testing, UAT testing and production smoke testing.
Extensively involved in entire QA Process and defect Management life cycle.
Attend Meeting with Business and Development teams to get proper understanding of the application.
Good experience of Java, VBScript, Excel Macros and SQL.
Hands on experience of UNIX, JIRA, ALM and Clear Quest.
Designed and developed automation test scripts using Quick test Professional and managed testing activities using Quality Centre & ALM.
Experience in backend database testing on Green Plum & Oracle.
Experience of XML , FPML Testing and xpath.
Experience in SOAP UI /Web Services Testing
Experience of working for Financial clients Depository Trade clearing corporation (DTCC).
Good QA Experience and business expertise for testing onboarding ,Dodd Frank’s regulators CFTC ,SEC ,HKMA ,EMIR, JFSA,ASIC and MAS and participant
  more... requirements for Global Trade Repository (GTR) for Credit, Equities, Interest Rates, Commodities and Foreign Exchange asset classes.
Ability to articulate alternative solutions and reasoning behind the alternatives. Instrumental in transforming identified alternative as business opportunities customer.
Adept at acquiring a detailed understanding of all aspects of the business and recognizing opportunities for systems improvements, prominent in supporting best quality practices
Strong listening, interpersonal, management skills, demonstrated proficiency in establishing, Leading and mentoring groups of individuals.
Experience working individually and team environment.
Excellent Communication skills along with verbal and written.
Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Hard working team player with the ability to work in time sensitive environments.
Possess excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to adapt to new environments.
The People doing the work are the best.
Enterprise Scheduling Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 11, 2015
The Management is in transformation for the past few years trying to decide if they want. This causes tension in the ranks and management to make some decisions that are not thought out fully. The people keep the company on the right track.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Company is trying to do better.
Good company to start your career
Lead Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Good company.
Great people to work with.
Currently undergoing major organizational update.
Pros
Great people
Go-getter , team player , organized and eager to learn New technologies
Desktop Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 6, 2014
desktop support professional with a lot of years of experiences.
I enjoy assisting end users with their issues.
Excelent to work but slow or not advancement
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 15, 2014
Work on a variety of task trough out the entire building, manage two supervisor and keep record of equipment and supply.
Pros
Stady work
Nice place to work
Greenplum DBA, Oracle DBA,MySQL DBA (Former Employee) –  DTCC Coppell TxOctober 7, 2014
Database Administration activities
Very good experience working with DTCC.
Good Management.
Nice coworkers, overall I enjoyed working in DTCC.
Working in shifts.
Working as a Team.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no comment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTCC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DTCC.

Powered by Comparably