DTCC Employee Reviews

It was fun when I was there years ago
When I was there it was busy but fun. As so many years have passed since I was there I can not comment on what goes on there today. There have been changes.
Challenging work environment with a great team effort
Working on a 3 month contract. Very impressed with management and staff that works there. People are professional and work as a team supporting and training each other. Great place to work.
The company invests in their employees and in turn the employees invest in the company. The stellar work ethic that exists at DTCC, unlike at other firms, is the norm.
Pros
Your contribution is valued
Cons
The NY footprint is shrinking
Only a contract
No onboarding organization. Takes forever to receive needed access and equipment. Job is not what the Job description stated. Security over kill at this company. All jobs are silod
Pros
Wfh
Critical to the safety of the financial markets
DTCC is not a very well known company outside the financial services industry, but is probably one of the most important to the health and security of the financial markets. It's culture is one of risk management and resiliency. It is a small company where it is relatively easy to see the impact of your work, but at times lacks the commercial mindset and focus on innovation needed for more creative people.
DTCC Experience
DTCC is a very difficult place to work. It's the quintessential 'all about who you know' environment. The work is hectic and unorganized and turnover is out of control. I personally had 4 different Directors in 3 years. The compensation is very good but all the same they do layoffs to times a year and no one is immune, no matter how good your productivity or how well your annual review goes. I would not encourage anyone to seek employment here.
Overall good company to work for
A good company to work for overall. Benefits are decent and PTO time is fair. Bonuses are paid out each year but not at the same level/percentage as other regions.
You can practically retire hire.
Cool pace to work. Decent time-off days. work form home. You must be motivated to work here. Coming back each day and do nothing but do some procedural stuff is difficult.
Pros
cool place with no advancements
Good Pay Master
Good pay master.Opportunity to work on latest technologies.Company is moving towards agile implementation.Easy to change teams ,if you are not satfisfied with work.
Best Place to work .A very balanced work style with more Collobarative effort
At DTCC , Work culture is very good. As a contractor I had good hold on all modules that I was working on . Managers are super cool and very supportive
Very Productive
• Provide executive level administrative support to COO, Managing Director and Vice President

I've learned working with Management at this firm, you MUST stay on top of your responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of this job are my co-workers. The hardest part of this job are the Managing Directors I support, and on any given day will and can pull me from all sides.
Good Culture
The company has very good benefits + the culture and the people makes it nice place to work at. It also promotes work-life balance by allowing employees to work from home.
Very nice workplace
Never boring, always on the go, but with a work/life balance.
Management is professional and accessible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Good benefits, very political environement
DTCC is overall a good place to work. However in the upper management areas DTCC becomes a very political environment. Senior management is concerned more with their own financial gain than the advancement of staff or the organization as a whole.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Political environment
productive and fun
a friend refered me to this job which i enjoy, the people were very nice and i got to learn a lot. My lunch break was for one hour which was nice and also I got to learn new task.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Easy paced project. In fact many times we made some of the stake holders work and get the project executed. But got good freedom to innovate things in the project incl. new technologies etc.
Nice Team
It was nice working with the DTCC hence a great team always been supportive to me all the times and helped me in hard times to acquire Knowledge to improve my skills
Fair and Honest, but fears change and progression
I pretty much summed it up in my summary. It's a great place to work at. However, there is a distinct push back against changing anything that has been done over the past 30 years. There is always a fight for trying to enhance procedures or change anything for that matter. It's always the "It's the way we've always done it," mantra that can kind of be frustrating. They are getting better though, some changes are happening but it's still a struggle.

Pros: Better bonuses than most, you get to wear jeans everyday, they do have Work from Home capabilities but depending upon what department you work in it may be frowned upon. Definitely learned a lot, everyone knows their stuff and you can't just "fake it till you make it," kind of thing.

Cons: Stubborn old school mentality in some areas that resist change for the better.
Good place to work.
Job Work/Life Balance - good

Compensation/Benefits - good

Job Security/Advancement - good

Management - good

Job Culture - good.

Good overall rating
Can be challenging depending upon area
Tenure is long at DTCC. Many middle and upper level managers have been with the company for decades. This can tend to create an environment that doesn't provide for a standard SOP that anyone can just easily reference. Moreover, the politics are thick, in that relationships go back a very long time, and egos are inflated the higher the role. They are moving to a more flattened structure, so that idea is that an employee should expand outward instead of move up, which really just means that most moves will be lateral for not much more pay or responsibility. The boomers up top aren't going anywhere, so it can be difficult for Gen Xers to gain any mobility.
Pros
Salary, benefits, and if you're lucky, immediate manager
Cons
Politics, culture, workload at times
short time contract
I was a programmer analyst .Contract was to short to give objective opinion about UPS Nice people, but lock of team work. Not very convenient location Difficult commute.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTCC. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DTCC.