DTE Energy Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good place to start your career
Information Technology Co-op (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 22, 2017
Good place to start your career out of school. Very corporate culture. Work life balance is not great. The departments are very micromanaged. Put your head down and do your job and don't question anything.
Able to advance and try other jobs. Management was supportive.
HRMS, computer technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work and have a career. Raised my family while working there. The hardest part of my job was the ride to and from work, but I was young and you do what you have to for a great job. I loved talking to the customers on the phone as I helped with time keeping problems.
Pros
Good friends and support from management
Cons
long ride to work and home
Very professional environment and productive work place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 15, 2017
75 to 100 incoming calls a day, in a very professional productive environment and a great place to work. Make sure that customers get accurate knowledge about products and services.
Pros
Great pay and room for advancment
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Great for young workers
Metrologist (Former Employee) –  Melvindale, MISeptember 14, 2017
The culture at DTE Energy has evolved over the years to focus on the engagement and development of younger employees in the work force. Unfortunately, it also diminished its focus on older workers in favor of this new paradigm. Over the last several years of my career there, I experienced multiple changes in leadership, with no real sense of consistency or engagement by the leaders. My department was somewhat isolated and often we would have limited contact with leadership to discuss and resolve issues. Consequently morale suffered, and the work environment became somewhat toxic. I am not implying that this type of situation was widespread through the company, that is just my personal experience..
Pros
Good benefits, challenging and rewarding work
Cons
Minimal contact with leadership, unresolved issues that languish
Stop!! Look some where else first
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fermi 2September 14, 2017
treat you Horrible from day to day. The word fired is said 50 times a day when they threaten you. You are told to be ready to urinate in bottles because breaks may never come. Lots of yelling and disrespect by supervisors. Only work here if you absolutely have to.
Pros
None!!
Cons
Managers could care less about proper training
They say one thing and do another
Cable Puller (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 13, 2017
The say that they do not discriminate based on gender identity but they do just that. They host fundraisers for Equality Michigan yet fire people that they claim to help and support.
Great Place to work and Good, Talented People
Information Technology Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 8, 2017
Great Place to work and Good, Talented People. DTE is at a great place in opportunities for highly talented professionals looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
Pros
Very strategic focus
Cons
Almost too many challenges to manage with current staffing
An Awesome & Amazing Company
Power Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  East China, MISeptember 8, 2017
Absolutely enjoyed every minute of every day. A totally rewarding and satisfying place of employment. Very friendly co workers and atmosphere. While working in a very dangerous environment............
no time for training
O&M Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 6, 2017
Current management will not allow us to come in and train on our days off. There is too much stuff going on, while on shift, to properly train. Other than that its a pretty good place to work.
Very stable job, great learning experience/reputation
Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 1, 2017
Pros:
- Slow paced and stable
- Great benefits and fair pay, but had to sacrifice some pay for benefits
- Incredible learning experience in Electrical Engineering
- Newly remodeled offices
- Get to work Downtown

Cons:
- Slow pace also means it was a little boring
- Lots of entry level engineers use it as a stepping stone to move on, meaning there can be a lack of continuity in employees/knowledge
- Have to endure the traffic of actually getting downtown (not bad at all if you leave at a reasonably early time i.e. 7:30 am
Fun workplace and lots of freedom
Treasury Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 1, 2017
I helped clean up accounts in the Treasury area and was given the freedom to come up with possible solutions to other issues that affected the department.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
only a temporary job
Eh
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIAugust 31, 2017
The job is very emotionally taxing, the customers and the management are very hard to deal with. The management is in shambles due to the system upgrade recently and the work morale is very poor.
Good environment
ServiceNow Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 21, 2017
It is a good place to work and the co-workers are very good and encouraging. It provides the good place to learn new technologies and enhance your skills.
Growth
Summer Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 18, 2017
DTE Energy helped set a solid foundation of develop for me as an intern in the accounting department. The culture at DTE Energy is welcoming and helps encourage you to help the business as a whole
Stressful
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIAugust 17, 2017
Stressful work environment. Handling escalated phone calls, being degraded over the phone. Raises were promised but never recieved. I would never work here again.
Productive Place
Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 7, 2017
I loved working at DTE Energy. Although I was just a summer student, the work felt beneficial to the company and I truly liked to environment and the people I worked with. They were honest and loving and caring and I could not have chosen a better place for a summer internship.
Pros
Flexible Supervisors and Managers, Good working environment, Gym Membership
Cons
Slow-paced on some days
Great job
O&M Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, OHAugust 6, 2017
Great company very safe and made u feel good about yourself at work and at home made u feel like they care about you didn't care to buy tools or safety apperal
Pros
Great health insurance and good benefits
Cons
Shut down plant I was working at
na
Principal Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 2, 2017
It depends on who you are and what department you work in. That is all I have to say about this corporation. No more to be said at this point and time
Overall Great place to work
IT Technical Analyst-Identity Access Management (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 2, 2017
There are specific responsibilities that occur daily however, there is nothing typical about my days. Being able to think outside of the box (within the guidelines of company policies) make my job exciting and enjoyable.
Pros
The care that the company puts into the activities they provide for the employees and the community.
Cons
5 day work weeks..
Great place to work. Lots of assistance in career
Project Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 1, 2017
A typical day is a challenging atmosphere but you are surrounded by colleuges who are more than happy to lend a helping hand. The work culture is relaxing and full of resources to complete whatever the task may be. Management is open and not conservatively layered. So they are helpful and easy to communicate with. The most enjoyable part of working there is the relaxed open atmosphere and the friendliness of the individuals working there
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement
Cons
Starting pay VERY low.