DTE Energy

United States770 reviews

energycoopdetroitsafetypowerculturestormplant

Great Company!

Featured review

DTE Energy selected this as a representative review
Never worked for a place like it. It’s the kinda place you never leave. Pay is good. Leaders care about the people. Team is willing to assist where they can.

Productive and fun work place

Very good benefits very good pay. Lil bit dirty but not too bad. Work load isn’t to bad as well small crew very Close to one another. Management is well they don’t get too involved.

DTE Energy insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place to learn and network

Loved working for this company. Great way to network. You get exposed to an engineering environment with a lot of disciplines working together for a common cause.

What is the best part of working at the company?Dedication to safety. Eve though they have had so me death on jobs lately. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Being contract and seeing full time people who are less qualified manage you What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great atmosphere. Good people for the most part What is a typical day like for you at the company?Typical day. Meetings, barriers to getting things done. Very beaurcratic at Senior Manager and Director role

Work hard, have fun repeat.

Work hard, have fun repeat. A great place to work. Lots of room to grow and learn. Typical day, started at 730 ended at 4. Nice facility, option to be remote occasionally

Amazing Opportunity

I was blessed to receive this amazing opportunity to work for DTE. Sadly, my internship is ending. They could’ve went a better route communicated that they were going to in the student program but overall this was my favorite job.

Poor experience

Worked at brpp, they should let you know up front as an engineer you will be climbing inside boilers and being exposed to arsenic environments. Didn’t pay out my vacation hours because I hadn’t accrued them yet but I very easily could have used the hours earlier in the year and it’s hard to acrue 32 hours over the last 6 weeks of the year. Took two months to get my overtime paid out. Walked me out with zero notice or warning, shady about it too come down stairs to this conference room and we’re not going to let you go back to your desk (meanwhile I had to cancel a debit card they forgot to give me and boots I never got) could have easily went to my bosses office said todays your last day and allowed me to gather my things. And when they blindside you you can’t even think fast enough to tell them off. Prior to being walked out I spent two weeks sweating all over there equipment doing inspections 12 hour days during an outage (while manager left at 230 daily and had zero idea what we were doing other than us filling him in next morning) zero training just thrown to fire. Had new hires signing off on protection with very little training. I started looking for a new job two months in.

Pros

Dei?

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Job security, opportunities to move to different positions, benefits What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everyone needs to support storm restoration which may require off hours and weekends What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Highly inclusive but hierarchical What is a typical day like for you at the company?Lots of opportunities to collaborate with others

It’s ok

The abuse from the customers is the really only bad part. Overall it’s a good company but you have start somewhere and customer service is where it it

Long hours great pay

You sell your soul working here. Long hours. Divorce rate is 90 percent. Forced to work long hours. Family life is rare. Work most holiday. All weather

Lots of overtime

The pay is good the overtime is never ending. Has been short staffed forn8 years with no end in sight. 401k and vacation are decent and the Union benefits are good.

there are some fun activities to get involved with

I like the fact that they will help you if u need food, clothing etc. Also they provide u with a 24/7 life coach that will be like your mentor, praying partner, they also have some cool clubs u can join in as well.

This is an awesome place to work

I’ve been at dte for 9 years and have seen management changes and policy changes. All in all it comes back to being a great place to work. Currently making 100,000+ A year and able to take care of my family, with perks.

A rewarding place to work

Working at DTE Energy has afforded me oppotunities to grow my professional skill set. I have engaged in challeging yet rewarding work and I have best friend in the work place.

Great Manager, Cares about his team and the success of the site .

We have a solid team of both skilled seasoned and newer employees and everyone stops to help the new employees like me . The manager at the site makes sure safety is the most important thing we focus on each day and the management staff fosters a team approach . I am happy that i was able to join the team and work for and with people that actually care about my success .

What is the best part of working at the company?Great placeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing I love that placeWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Best place in world to workWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Long and long

Extremely poor culture, pay, location and benefits w/ constant, unplanned night/weekend work

Where to start...what a poor culture at the FERMI nuclear site. Constant revolving door for leadership team. Your vacation will be cancelled and your weekends will be ruined due to constant problems and planned/unplanned outages. You'll be expected to work 6 days per week whether you like it or not. Management and Human resources are shuffled around and have absolutely no clue or direct experience in the area they are responsible for. Annual incentive program is a joke as they barely offer 2% raises. The only people that receive higher wages are executive management and people they hire with no experience low in the pay band to try and retain rather than start all over with inexperienced staff. Lastly, vesting takes almost 3 years so when you hire on and realize this is a terrible place to work, you will not be able to keep your long term bonus since you are not vested. What a joke.

Overall great place to work

Most of my adult work life was here. Great place! Excellent benefits. Room for advancement. Awesome people. Great for longevity. I would recommend this company for someone looking.

Great Company

Very hands on and informative when it comes to purchasing homesLearning environment, company culture, people are great, number one real estate company

Great Company

Dte is a great company to work for. Pay is very competive but on the mid to lower competitve range BUT benefits are amazing in comparison to other companies/industries so it makes the company overall very competitve for total pay. Company is intentional around community service & DEI so if youre looking for purpose outside of daily task join the organization. Bad side is you really have to push for your own growth and development. Speaking about it at year end reviews and 1:1 meeting isnt enough if you really want to develop.

Not a good place to work

I was a call representative and you get treated horribly nor only from the customers but management as well. You're not allowed to use the restroom when needed. If you have an important appointment hopefully it isn't an emergency because you'll be docked down for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTE Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.3
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight