DTE Energy Employee Reviews

Worked remotely through Meridian
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 16, 2019
Contract for three years , training fir contact employed was minimal, had to learn SAP by trail examples. Their full time employees received 3-4 weeks of training, we were provided 3 days and a contact person to leave as message with and a trouble shooter would return our call.
Great opportunity for student co-op
Fleet Operations Student Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 13, 2019
DTE allowed me to take on larger data optimization projects from the start of my student co-op and provided a clear roadmap to obtaining a full-time position.
Good corporate work environment.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 12, 2019
You can move up the ranks here fairly easily if you are willing to work hard. Good corporate culture with a visionary CEO. Decent pay and benefits for the area.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downtown DetroitMarch 12, 2019
The environment was clean. They have very nice employees, and is a great company to work for as a career. They have great benefits and pay. They train you to understand the product as well.
Pros
lunch cafe
Cons
pay
secure place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 8, 2019
I enjoyed working for DTE I was fortunate to have supervisors that were great to work for they went out of their way to make sure I had all the training I needed
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
lots of overtime
competitive work environment with favoritism for certain people
Inbound appliance insurance REP (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 6, 2019
mess with your pay and hours if management did not favor a person. management would shorten your breaks and lunches also. they would even prohibit water from being brought in.
Pros
the food that was provided was good
Cons
not enough time to relax before going back into a loud and overwhelming place.
Good Company
ServiceNow Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 1, 2019
Good Company to work with. Great culture and environment. Friendly and Encouraging Management. Nice and Competitive pay.
Good work life balance. Great Team members
great work Place
DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 25, 2019
DTE Is a great company to work for. Great People, Great environment, the is room for growth, and the employee really care about each other safety as well as personally,
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Work and family does not balance out
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 19, 2019
DTE Does not understand family emergencies and does not balance well . There is not enough paid time off hours for a year. Compensation does not line up with workload.
hated it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 18, 2019
Not for everyone if you dont like high call volumes and long days think twice before you decide to apply. hopefully they get better management because the call center sucks
good place to work, fair pay and hours.
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 12, 2019
I like making my own hours and the money is fair for the work all in all a good job. good team work and the manager works hard for her team. glad I have the job I do.
Nice company to work with
Intern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 8, 2019
It is a pleasure to help people who are really in need everyday, it is rewarding to be able to make a difference.Work culture is good and encouraging. The company is employee-centric and runs on good principles. They also have a good training department which offers great training for career growth.
GM Food Service
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 3, 2019
Responsible for 3.5 million dollar catering and retail operation. Hire, lead, direct, coach, train, and develop catering and retail team.
Hard to find good help in the city, for the pay.
Pros
Cons
lots of hours
Good Employer
data analyst intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2019
DTE Energy is a good place to work.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
I don't know
Awesome work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJanuary 26, 2019
Love the job!!! Very competitive pay, great benefits, great people to work with, advancement opportunities, relocation, great incentives, great community!
Nice
Temporary C-Suite Executive Support Assignments (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2019
It is a nice environment. People stay at this company because they are compensated fairly and treated well.The expectations are not ridiculous; leadership understands that people can get only so much done in a day.
Pros
free parking
Cons
cafeteria needs to be re-configured; too jammed-in00
Good place to work with challenging opportunities.
Contractor Through Radiant Systems - Designer (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIJanuary 13, 2019
I get new work orders on a daily basis. There seems to be new challenges with most of the work orders I receive. It seems that I learn something new most days which keeps the job interesting. Always something new to learn with ESRI and Maximo. Managers are knowledgeable and we have meetings which lets everyone have a voice in the direction of our department. We are a growing business and we make a significant difference in the community.
Pros
Flexible work hours and good people to work with.
Cons
Database of OPL in ESRI is not always accurate and is sometime slow.
Competitive Workplace
Summer Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 10, 2019
Daily safety meetings in the morning coupled with an independent, yet supervised work day made for a great job. The management, as well as my coworkers made for a great atmosphere, as well as a great place to work
Chief Inspector/Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gibson, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Management with none contracted agreements should be held accountable for lack of ...
Less complaining and more solving problems/ issues working together. Not against each ( Learn to work as a team ) Not individual....
Now this is just my opinion
Pros
Work
Cons
Short breaks
Great place for long term career
Project Management Student Co-op (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at DTE. Management and atmosphere exceeded my expectations. Team building and safety is a top priority at DTE. As a co-op, I attended weekly project meetings, worked with data and spreadsheets and communicated with contractors, project managers, and co-workers to achieve common goals.