DTE Energy Employee Reviews

The culture and values at DTE Energy keep the employees engaged.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 15, 2018
DTE is passionate about their contributions to the society they live in and serve. They hold safety to a high standard and it is ingrained in the culture.
Pros
Flex time
Provides Energy Service
Customer Service Analysis (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 12, 2018
A Pay Check! The pay for dealing with all that you deal with is definitely NOT compatible with a High Stress position! Management and the Pay structure need to be revised.
Pros
A Pay Check!
Cons
Management sucks, pay sucks, lets see what else!
Productive Work Place
Associate Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 11, 2018
Excellent people to work with. There was a strong sense of teamwork and camaraderie. The management I interacted with was always very helpful and wanted to see everyone succeed around them.
Good place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 11, 2018
It was a good place to work. Good team work among employees, everyone was willing to lend a hand. Good communications between operations and maintenance.
Pros
good amount of days off
Cons
Long hours per day
DTE Work Environment
SHIFT TECHNICAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Newport, MIDecember 6, 2018
I was a long term employee so many days were not typical. I generally arrived and was brief on the current power plant status, upcoming work and issues. I used my training and experience in team efforts to prepare the plant for maintenance and recover systems that were impacted by the maintenance. i would also prepare detailed predictions on impacts of the maintenance and plans to resolve issues.

The most rewarding part of the job was the variety of issues to resolve and that provided the most challenge. The teams were fluid and generally cooperative with a set framework to attack the issue.
Pros
Job challenge, pay
Cons
Work hours
Productive workplace privacy required
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 4, 2018
usually extremely busy and I took escalated calls all day.

The hardest part of my job was satisfying already angry customers.

I learned to be very patient with irate customers and to not judge on behavior to understand that the customer is upset for a reason.
Work door to door
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 29, 2018
Job was good but the traveling and hours were unbelievable.
Wants us to travel to new york
Knocking door to door
Over all a good job if you like the outdoor in the winter and the travel
A great place to work!
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 25, 2018
DTE is one of the best places to work in metro Detroit. The people are great at every level! Their open door policy is the best I have seen and we are allowed to share ideas that are implemented all the time! I have never experienced this much team work and effort across all buinsess units at any job before I worked here at DTE. At each weekly meeting we take time to acknowledge the great job team members have performed and the ideas and completed a task that needed to be resolved. I love the DTE culture.
Pros
Work environment, management, peers, safety, commitment to each other.
Cons
Unable to hire in contractors at this time.
Fun and comfortable
Technical Analyst - ITS Central Operations (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 10, 2018
Customer oriented workplace, Serving the customers with the best techniques and the best operating systems.
Courtesy and friendly atmosphere. People oriented and Safety is always first. High volume of volunteering from employees
Pros
Onsite clinic for employees and recreational gym and trainers. also eye
Cons
No opportunities to work from home
Dte is great
IT SECURITY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 6, 2018
DTE is a great company to work for. I will recommend it to other people. The work life balance is great and they offer competitive benefits. I would recommend having a paid co-op opportunity at the DTE.
Pros
Great company
Cons
No cons
Goodplace to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lapeer County, MINovember 6, 2018
Great place to work if you do not have kids or if you have a good support system for them at home. My only problem was I did not have a good support system at home and there is mandatory overtime .
Management Bad
Senior I&C Planner (Former Employee) –  Newport, MINovember 5, 2018
Manager in charge of my group was more interested in moving his career than interested in his people.
I had returned to the site with intention of retiring from DTE as I was born & raised only 25 miles from site.
From the beginning, the manager did nothing to assimilate me into the group, seemingly more interested in pushing his career than interest in his own people, i.e., suck butt!!!
I had tried to communicate with him several times about medical treatments I was undergoing, but he never had time for me, but always was available to the upper Muck Mucks!
I have 40+ years experience & found some major issues with the way the plant was doing things & had recently submitted a Corrective Action & volunteered to help Engineering with resolution to issues discovered, but was surprised at my 6 month time to be processed out with no explanation or reasoning given!
If this is the next wave of management, God help us all!!!
Pros
Wages, Pto
Overall Experience
Gross Margin Controllers Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 5, 2018
While at DTE. I learned so much about the culture and how even though it is a federally regulated company. The company still has a service that they provide to their shareholders. This company was great even though I only worked there for a short moment as an intern it helped me learn so much about the corporate world and myself.
Very perfessional enivorment
8Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 3, 2018
I was able to learn how to improve my phone skills when helping customer. My speech improved and my communications skills verbally were enhanced as well.
Pros
Learning to deal with the out side world
Cons
Learning the gas and light busniess
Ok... not great
Operations and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 1, 2018
Great place to start within the utility industry. At the time I worked their, management could improve as there was a few that didn't understand what it means to foster a team environment.
Pros
Job security
No autonomy for leadership.
Corporate Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 1, 2018
If leaders aren't given autonomy to lead, why hire them? They're hired and then trained on what to say to their direct reports, like reading off a script. A script that's to be read each and every day--which was redundant and mind-numbing.
Productive Workplace with Lots of Opportunity for Training
Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2018
Great place to start a career and learn many useful tools.
The company is always looking to improve processes and puts its employees first.

A large company yet has a small company feel.
Great overall company to work for
IT Business Support Analyst- Internship (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2018
Great company with a great atmosphere. The wealth of knowledge and training is top notch. Would love to work for this company again now that I have graduated!
Well Environment
Summer Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 23, 2018
Good environment to be in, all employees are welcoming and very helpful. Leaders are helpful and want you and the business to succeed. DTE also spends time donating items and volunteers to give back to the community
Not a great place to work.
RCB BILLING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 22, 2018
Very stressful environment. Task were given without fully being explained. Management didn't always have the best interest of their subordinates. Workload was ridiculous at times.