DTE Energy
Happiness rating is 73 out of 100

DTE Energy Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Featured review
DTE Energy selected this as a representative review
DTE Energy is a Union Customer Care company and many do not know that. You have seniority in certain departments, but also you have 4 year job security. Due to contacts the low level is now compared to other companies. But your benefits and vacation start right away, and you now as of April 2020, work from home and train from home. They have a flexible schedule for working parents. The salary for mid level and higher level Customer Care can put you over $60k a year, but you must work for at least 3 to 4 years to see it.
Pros
Benefits, job security, ability to work from home, good supervisors
Cons
have to work 3 years to get your pay up
Closed....excel is no longer open...did like my job until lots of changes and knew something was wrong...would do this kind of work again. Wish there was a call center close
Worked there for 3 years, advanced quickly and plateaued. Great bonuses and poor management. Their billing system has been broken for 2 years now and the employees have to face the p[ublic with incorrect bills and bills going to the wrong place or just not showing up.
Nice place to work, parking is a hassle in the mornings. Good benefits, need better supervisors with more efficient training techniques. Overall decent place to work.
It was very nice working at dte call center. I got to go sit on the rocks behind the rencen for lunch, which was for an hour. the staff and management were very nice as well. If you finished your calls before the end of the day, you got to go home early and still keep the same pay.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
rude people usually answered the phone
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Stressful work environment. Handling escalated phone calls, being degraded over the phone. Raises were promised but never recieved. I would never work here again.
OK place to work management needs better structure and coaches need more training agents know more than the leaders. No room for advancement or raises.
Management was always available when it was needed. I enjoyed being an employee and was very valued. I never had any problems and wish I could work with the again.
This compant was very busy and strenuous working environment but the working environment was nice, clean and impressive.
A typical day at DTE Energy was very interesting. You have your own cubicle to take calls and handle some not so fun situations. I learned to take what everyone says into consideration and try your very best to keep the caller on the other end of the line happy. The managers were very rude. My co-workers were always very focused on their jobs and they didn't pay much attention to anything else. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't help people get their gas or electric turned back on and they had children or when it was close to the holidays. The best part of my job was when I had customers tell me how nice and sweet I was or that they appreciated everything I had done for them.
Pros
Bonus Pay
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, never being able to talk to the main boss of the company
  1. Call Center Representative