DTLR, Inc Employee Reviews

Horrible job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand rapidsOctober 6, 2018
The district manager was horrible. Work Balance was horrible. I had to work 79 hour because I couldn't get help. My district manager went on vacation. Only got paid for 48hrs
great culture
Inventory Control Supervisor/Jr Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 3, 2018
I love working for DTLR! I am just ready to advance my career. My typical work day can fluctuate depending upon store issues that can arise, we have about 250 locations. The work culture is amazing!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
not much opportunity to grow
stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 1, 2018
DTLR is not family oriented. Managers have to work 46-48 hours a week. 12 to 15 hour shifts. Management are not allowed to have breaks or lunch breaks, its mandatory to be on the floor at all times no exceptions. If we use the rest room it has be super quick. Assistants do the same work as the store managers. The health benefits are good but The hourly pay is horrible for assistant managers the pay is $9.00 to $13.50 . The company do not care about family at all as long as there is a body in the store to run it. We do not get paid holidays except New Years if you work. The most enjoyable part of this job is the customers the hardest part is knowing Im not getting paid my worth and knowing theres not chance for growth
Pros
the discount
Cons
underpaid
Interesting work place
PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 27, 2018
I would arrive and lock my things up and clock in and from that moment you have to be eager to help customers when needed. Make sure that the store is looking nice and presentable.
Exciting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 19, 2018
DTLR was a great place to work. I learned valuable skills that I use today. The management team was awesome. Work/Life balance was flexible. I enjoyed my time here and I would recommend it to anyone.
Fun workplace where employees are treated fairly and like family.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Days go by fast if you’re having fun. I learned great communication skills because of customers. It also brought me out of my shy shell. Management is fair and doesn’t pick favorites. We treat everyone like family.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Great place to start your career
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 5, 2018
This is a great company to start your career with. They believe in internal promotions for those who have put in the required work and have excelled in their position. They put a lot of responsibility on each person so the typical 9-5 M-F is out the window if you want to do everything that is required of you. Management attempts to help when they can but they have all been in this position and done it themselves so they feel that each person has to grow through that as well. Time management is key and being firm on what you can and cannot do. It's real easy to be asked to do additional tasks and feel like you must say yes. Say NO! The most enjoyable part of the job is once you are successful and have gained a reputation you reap all the benefits.
Pros
Summer Parties
Cons
Workload
Fun and productive
Part time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJSeptember 1, 2018
I love working at DTLR “Your Fashion Your Life Style”. If you love sneakers and urban fashion then you will love working at DTLR and you get to hear the latest songs or the songs you love on the radio while working💯‼️.
Pros
Discount
Fun but No work-life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 29, 2018
As a manager you have to work 12 hour shift and have to work 48hrs minimum. The culture is relaxed and chill but it changes quickly. The upper management are juvenile. It can be disorganized and inconsistent with training. As a manager, are working a 12 shift and you can't take a break and you can't leave the store. So you have to get the associates get food for you or you have to bring food. You can't really plan your life without having to plan around big chunks of time in the way. For people who have kids, its worse because they miss out on important things. Great opportunity but it can be stressful. Its not enough money for the work being asked for. Discounts are good.
Pros
discounts
Cons
48hr work week
very fun and relaxed place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJuly 19, 2018
i enjoyed working for the company very fun and understanding company. i would recommend the company to friends and others. i would love to work for them again. i learned how to interact with others and make people find what they were looking for, the most enjoyable thing at this job was meeting different people and good laughs and store events.
Pros
discounts, getting off early
Cons
short breaks, lack of training
retail was very hard to stick with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2018
Retail took every bit of time that I had. I had no time for my family left over. The pay was low and the stress was very high. responsible for inventory at 2 locations spread me very thin.
Pros
Cons
No time
Amazing company to work for.
Sales Clerk/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2018
I loved working at dtlr. This company is a great company for people who enjoy being themselves and also pursuing a career in sales. The company is so laid back and very fun.
work was great
Store Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
working here was great i met a lot of long term friends and would reccommend this job to anyone looking for a healthy environment. Please apply great pkace.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
Cool environment, easy to learn fast, & lots of culture. You receive good benefits on shoes & clothes discounts. Lots of in store events wit artist. Many opportunities to meet new people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Slow paced, but productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 19, 2018
This company is not a very good company to work for. The pay is not worth the amount of work you will be doing. Also the management is horrible. They are very horrible at promoting the right employees within the company
manger
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 14, 2018
great job to work at worked there a while would love to move up . looking for better job opportunities and more . i am looking for advancement in this
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 13, 2018
DTLR, Inc is an excellent company that I would definitely recommend to anyone trying to find themselves in life. The company as a whole is a family feeled place.
Pros
Discounts on shoes and apparel.
Cons
N/a
Opportunity to meet different people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 10, 2018
Slow-pace majority of the time. All managers do not operate with the same morals. Mediocre incentive/bonus program. Opportunity to be creative. Great employee discounts.
Pros
Employee discounts.
Cons
No lunch breaks for management. Manadorty weekends unless using personal time. Advancement.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJune 9, 2018
I had a great time working here. The fashion and music create a great environment to work in. I was there for a very long time and really enjoyed being there.
Seasonal employee
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2018
Great place to work for. Management was friendly and not over bearing. The rate of pay was a bit low but this was a second job for me. The place became very busy around the holidays which made the time past quicker. Rules regarding cellphones, and checking your purse even though the make you lock it up was a bit much but didn't bother me and the reason behind it was understood. I would recommend this job for relatively young people or someone who can keep up with a fast paced position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTLR, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.