DTLR, Inc Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 10, 2019
Help maintain store Keep the store clean work as a team to sell merchandise in the store Show great customer service for all of the customers that come in
Was an awesome experience
Supervisor/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJanuary 4, 2019
I worked Monday through Friday, but there wasn't any growth so I knew I had to leave. had to find some better. The other employees were very interesting and we all loved finding out ways to help one another with the job.
Fun Place to be not to work
Fashion Expert (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHDecember 9, 2018
Typically all you do is help customer with any questions they have. The location I work at is very community oriented. The job doesn't pay well at all compared to other retail companies and the management is every unprofessional.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
Very unprofessional staff
Not a good company to work for as Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 4, 2018
As a Management you will get paid a good salary but you will be abused by having to do overtime and not get paid for it because you are the only manager there when there should be three. You will be held accountable for everything that three managers and a full timer should be doing. But you cant hire your own managers or even be in the interviews. As an associate it hard to get hours or incentives to work.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2018
Horrible place to work at I was a store manager I worked about 52 hours a week 11 hour days with no lunch break only 2 days off my d.m was horrible didn’t know what he was doing I have kids and to be gone from my kids 11 hour days suck I only seen them in the morning before school n 15 after I got home I would put them to bed they don’t care about family they just want to overwork you I was only suppose to work 48 hours didn’t get extra pay for working over my 48 hours. If you don’t have kids or a family then yes the job is for you but other then that it sucked working there always stressed even on my days off I was working staff calling me or I had to go in because someone called off or something happened they suck
Pros
Discount and bonuses
Cons
Work schedule working over 48 hours and not getting paid for it
It was fun but money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 10, 2018
I worked there while I was in highschool and after I graduated. My manager at that time was very good. Excellent communication skills and able to solve problems within the staff. My DM was also a very good visited very rarely but always engaged in conversation with everyone within on staff. The culture with my store was like as if we were one big family. But the schedule was a grind as all retail jobs are. Sometimes working 12 hours shifts because lack of coverage wasn’t fun either. I generally worked 6 hours a day 4-5 days out the week and had weekends off which was a luxury few know when working for DTLR
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Schedule is a grind & Pay
Upbeat atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 10, 2018
Urban Music played throughout the day. It was mandatory for sale associates to greet the people as they walk in. It was very diverse; all kinds of people were hired and shopped here.
Productive work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 10, 2018
Great environment, customer friendly, we sell men’s fashion, women fashion, kids shoes, infants shoes, and your latest style hats. We hire on the regular.
Pros
Outreach program scholars shops for kids
Cons
Short breaker
very productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 29, 2018
I start off my day with inventory or a shipment. I greet and help every customer if they need a shoe. I also give my fashion service by helping a customer find a matching outfit and hat to there desired shoe.
n/a
Herman Pierce - Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2018
During this part-time position i have Delivered excellent customer service by greeting and assisting each customer. Addressed customer inquiries and resolved complaints. Opened a new store location and assisted in recruiting and training new staff. Stocked and restocked inventory when shipments were received. Reorganized the sales floor to meet company demands. Directed and supervised employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking and reconciling cash receipts. Determined staff promotions and demotions, and terminated employees when necessary. Fulfilled customer shipping needs using FEDEX and UPS methods. Completed weekly schedules according to payroll policies. Trained staff to deliver outstanding customer service. Addressed and corrected sales staff communication issues in a tactful and effective manner. Worked closely with the district manager to formulate and build the store brand. Arranged items in favorable positions and areas of the store for optimal sales. Organized and located inventory and updated store spreadsheets. Upheld stock levels and proper pricing for multiple product lines. Authorized payment of invoices and return of merchandise. Conducted staff meetings with sales personnel to introduce new merchandise. Processed an average of 200 transactions each day in a timely manner. Opened and closed the store, which included counting cash drawers and making bank deposits. Helped customers select products that best fit their personal needs. Maintained visually appealing and effective displays for the entire store. Educated customers on product and service offerings.  more... Offered exceptional customer service to differentiate and promote the company brand. Consulted with customers on the latest styles and trends. Kept the sales floor clean and maintained neat, orderly product displays. Built customer confidence by actively listening to their concerns and giving appropriate feedback. Communicated store policy violations to the leadership team in a timely manner. Offered direction and gave constructive feedback to motivate team members. Built and maintained effective relationships with peers and upper management. Recruited, hired, developed and retained retail talent for the company. Processed shipments and maintained organized stock shelves. Marked clearance products with updated price tags.  less
Fun productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 21, 2018
Awesome place in Jacksonville NC would work there again if better position was available. Hired me really fast when I first got it the Marines. It was part time so i want making much but I was happy
Sells Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2018
DTLR has shown me a lot as an costumer service representative. Working at this store has made my communication skills advance through this year and a half. Now I am more successfu on helping costumers out in a timely matter.
Horrible job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand rapidsOctober 6, 2018
The district manager was horrible. Work Balance was horrible. I had to work 79 hour because I couldn't get help. My district manager went on vacation. Only got paid for 48hrs
great culture
Inventory Control Supervisor/Jr Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 3, 2018
I love working for DTLR! I am just ready to advance my career. My typical work day can fluctuate depending upon store issues that can arise, we have about 250 locations. The work culture is amazing!
Pros
Great culture
Cons
not much opportunity to grow
stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 1, 2018
DTLR is not family oriented. Managers have to work 46-48 hours a week. 12 to 15 hour shifts. Management are not allowed to have breaks or lunch breaks, its mandatory to be on the floor at all times no exceptions. If we use the rest room it has be super quick. Assistants do the same work as the store managers. The health benefits are good but The hourly pay is horrible for assistant managers the pay is $9.00 to $13.50 . The company do not care about family at all as long as there is a body in the store to run it. We do not get paid holidays except New Years if you work. The most enjoyable part of this job is the customers the hardest part is knowing Im not getting paid my worth and knowing theres not chance for growth
Pros
the discount
Cons
underpaid
Interesting work place
PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 27, 2018
I would arrive and lock my things up and clock in and from that moment you have to be eager to help customers when needed. Make sure that the store is looking nice and presentable.
Exciting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 19, 2018
DTLR was a great place to work. I learned valuable skills that I use today. The management team was awesome. Work/Life balance was flexible. I enjoyed my time here and I would recommend it to anyone.
Fun workplace where employees are treated fairly and like family.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Days go by fast if you’re having fun. I learned great communication skills because of customers. It also brought me out of my shy shell. Management is fair and doesn’t pick favorites. We treat everyone like family.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Great place to start your career
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 5, 2018
This is a great company to start your career with. They believe in internal promotions for those who have put in the required work and have excelled in their position. They put a lot of responsibility on each person so the typical 9-5 M-F is out the window if you want to do everything that is required of you. Management attempts to help when they can but they have all been in this position and done it themselves so they feel that each person has to grow through that as well. Time management is key and being firm on what you can and cannot do. It's real easy to be asked to do additional tasks and feel like you must say yes. Say NO! The most enjoyable part of the job is once you are successful and have gained a reputation you reap all the benefits.
Pros
Summer Parties
Cons
Workload
Fun and productive
Part time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJSeptember 1, 2018
I love working at DTLR “Your Fashion Your Life Style”. If you love sneakers and urban fashion then you will love working at DTLR and you get to hear the latest songs or the songs you love on the radio while working💯‼️.
Pros
Discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTLR, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.