Duane Reade Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Found 69 reviews matching the search See all 1,168 reviews
Okay work place
Stockclerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 18, 2018
Terrible experience, couldn't explain to much to write. Just a heads up, if you plan to work here. Read the code of ethics Book and don't plan to stay.
Pros
Freindly customers
Cons
Managment
Duane Reade
Stock/Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
It isn’t the best job to be in, unless your ok working a regular 9-5 and not achieving any real life career goals then that’s the job for you. Other then that I wouldn’t want to see myself working there more than 10 years. Good thing I can you learn a lot about customer service.
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to learn customer service
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
Customer service, Cashier, Loading/Unloading shipments. In charge of placing orders from vendors for new products. Hardest part of job was catching thieves.
Chill job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
I liked this job. I was not bothered too much, and my co-workers were nice. The work was simple, from time to time a customer would ask for assistance.
A Great environment to learn from
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Health benefits and employee discount are great
Management flexible and attentive
Quick paced environment with meticulous operational structure
Advancement opportunity if you have required experience/college credits
Smooth workflow with fun tasks that improve the overall customer experience
Seasonal planning is great and helps you understand how a business is run
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Short Breaks
Flexible
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
My typical day of work was flexible for my needs. I learned from stocking associate to becoming an assistant for the pharmacist. There was no hard task when it came to this job because I could take any task and do it. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help customers with what they needed.
interesting
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
it was ok for my first real job didn't mind working overnight it was fun the customers was funny at and also seen a a lot of famous people that was the best part of the job
It was my first job, but not the worst
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NYOctober 4, 2017
I was okay for the most part. The longer I stayed with the company the more I disliked it. I got along with my coworkers and staff. The store that I worked at was in walking distance from where I used to live. The area was nice as well.
stock
Stock Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
bad hours and the managers were rude, everyone complained about everything and it was unorganized showed very high favoritism and schedules were always done by employees which caused chaos and conflict.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad shedules
Nice place to meet all kinds of people
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 10, 2017
Unloaded trucks on mon,wed,&fri. Learned how to work cash register & pricing gun. The people I worked with were fun & different backgrounds when cleaning customers would still walk on the wet floor with signs down.
Great experience with customers and coworkers.
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10001August 6, 2017
The amazing coworkers and customers I have been lucky enough to work with during my employment have made it an incredible experience that has allowed me to interact with many people from different places and cultures.
not a fun place to work; bascially that's it; you work all day, everyday
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 21, 2017
be prepared to stay on your feet most of the day. "the customer is always right" is the motto. you're always working doing something. your break time is not long enough and it can be exhausting.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks, exhausting, low pay
If your're looking for a temporary job, look no further
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  609 Columbus Ave, New York, NY 10024June 9, 2017
A typical day at work can range from easy to alright to frustrating. Depends on the management that day. Easy if all tasks are completed early. Alright if regular-paced, and frustrating if your manager is bad at managing time. I did the overnight shift (which gets the short of the stick out of the 3 shifts) and we would rush to finish tasks by 7 AM. If we didn't finish it, we left it. The store manager would then have a problem and address it with whoever's fault it was. Out of a 5 day work week, 1 day would be easy, 2 days alright, and 2 frustrating. Around holidays more like 1 day alright and 3-4 frustrating days. There's nothing hard about the job, I guess keeping count of inventory and organizing the stock room is. Oh, and be friends with your co workers and management, it helps you keep your job and seniority.
Pros
Little to no customers, conversations
Cons
A sporadic scheduling, bad co workers
Great Experience
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Masbeth, NYJune 4, 2017
My time with Duane Reade was memorable. I learned a lot about the company and my co-workers. I would love to have a job similar to it and same job title (Stock Assoicate).
Pros
Great Beneifits
Cons
location was closed down.
Great starter job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2017
interacting with customers on a daily basis and making sure to give great customer service. I learned how work hard and communication skills not just between customers but also between my employees. Management is great and expect the best out of their employees. The hardest part of the job is when the store is understaffed and a lot of work has to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing work, such as packing out and giving customer service.
productive
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
Not really the best workplace if you want to grow. A typical day for me there is restocking shelves and making sure people didnt steal. Also not very safe in the environment im in
Pros
n/a
Cons
no safety
rude manager
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
stressful work environment the customers care more about your wellbeing than management if your sick get ready to come in no matter what no excuses..
Pros
assistant manager will be helpful
Cons
store manager is very rude
Good store
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
I had fun stocking shevels pricing items doing register commuicating with customers i had good hours and an good pay but i moved so i had to leave upstate
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 23, 2017
This job I got to work with reliable people who was always willing to show you the ropes no matter how busy it got, As a team it was never a dull moment.
Great environment/ Customer service
Stock Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 30, 2016
The co-workers we're very friendly and willing to teach me everything i needed to know. The customers make it worth coming to work.
Pros
extra 15+ are given for break
Cons
no security