Dublin Learning Academy

Dublin Learning Academy Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for DISD. If my family hadn’t relocated i would still be working for the district. The atmosphere was positive, my coworkers worked well and the curriculum was very age appropriate.
Pros
Free daycare
Cons
Lower pay
A very toxic work environment........ the owner and her daughter are like mean girls who pick favorites and will treat others poorly. They are always talking poorly about their employees which causes a lot of tension and drama between employees. The pay is good compared to other schools but the stress and overwhelming dread you feel going to work is not worth the money. All management cares about is money and moving kids up to the next room to make space for new kids. They don't consider if the kid is ready to move up developmentally.
Pros
good pay, paid holidays
Cons
petty unsupportive management, expensive health benefits
I just recently joined the DLA family and it has been the biggest blessing to me! I’ve worked in childcare for 8+ years and I have never felt this great about a job! Management is so supportive of teachers. They frequently check in on the class and interact with the students. I have an abundance of resources and for once don’t have to spend my own money on supplies. The families are great and are invested in their child’s education. I’m so glad that I can bring my newborn son to work and not worry about who is taking care of him!
Pros
Free Childcare, great atmosphere, supportive management
Cons
Distance from home
Loved being apart of Dublin Learning Academy. Was sad to leave due to husbands job assignment over seas. Excellent staff, wonderful clean center, excellent location. Wonderful families and children
I was a toddler teacher at the company. I have many years of school to do this job and enjoyed it very much. A typical day at DLA would be to come in, prepare for the days activities and making sure I was stocked with all the materials I needed to assist the children. Utilize the toys and time allowed to teach while playing with the young children. I learned that every child and parent are different and react differently to different situations. The management there was great and understanding if I had any situations arise with my child or husband that were out of my control. The staff there has been there for a long time so turn over was low. My co workers all helped each other out with everything to getting ready for naps to restroom breaks. The hardest part of my job was calling parents telling them their child was sick or injured. I have a son myself and know whenever I get a call from the school that I immediately get worried. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing what progress the children had when they go to the next class or when their parents come in and tell me their child had signed for more or had taken their first steps or had said a name of one of their friends. I know I had a part in helping teach that child that skill.
Pros
My son got to come with me during the summer
Cons
Distance from the house and long days
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Management is very controlling. It's about appearance not educating children.
very professional atmosphere, parents are needy, overall wonderful children
Pros
pay
Cons
no potty breaks
Care for older infants utilizing the training and knowledge I have acquired with the job. I enjoy sharing their new discoveries and special moments throughout the day.