Dublin Learning Academy

Working at Dublin Learning Academy: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

3.6Pay & Benefits

Very stressful and lack of support for teachers

I loved the other teachers while I was working at DLA. It was a very sweet little teaching community that supported each other, although there was very minimal interaction with other teachers. Building was neat and clean and welll stocked with supplies. However, the management was unsupportive and often grouchy. Teachers got weekly passive aggressive "memos" in our mailbox. Office managers would come in and scream at the 4yr olds in my classroom for being too loud or rambunctious without even speaking to me. They would often send teachers home when attendancw was low, but you were not paid for that time. Hopefully they have gained some interpersonal skills and figured out how to support their teachers since then, because it has been about 5 years since I worked there. For the most part, parents were always kind and easy to work with as well.

Pros

1 hour lunch break, insurance, higher pay than typical daycares

Cons

No planning time, hard to take restroom breaks, no classroom support, frequent abrupt schedule changes mid-day

Petty, unsupportive management

A very toxic work environment........ the owner and her daughter are like mean girls who pick favorites and will treat others poorly. They are always talking poorly about their employees which causes a lot of tension and drama between employees. The pay is good compared to other schools but the stress and overwhelming dread you feel going to work is not worth the money. All management cares about is money and moving kids up to the next room to make space for new kids. They don't consider if the kid is ready to move up developmentally.

Pros

good pay, paid holidays

Cons

petty unsupportive management, expensive health benefits

Dublin Learning Academy insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Longtime childcare worker. Great school

I just recently joined the DLA family and it has been the biggest blessing to me! I’ve worked in childcare for 8+ years and I have never felt this great about a job! Management is so supportive of teachers. They frequently check in on the class and interact with the students. I have an abundance of resources and for once don’t have to spend my own money on supplies. The families are great and are invested in their child’s education. I’m so glad that I can bring my newborn son to work and not worry about who is taking care of him!

Pros

Free Childcare, great atmosphere, supportive management

Cons

Distance from home

Collaborative and upbeat work area

I enjoyed working for DISD. If my family hadn’t relocated i would still be working for the district. The atmosphere was positive, my coworkers worked well and the curriculum was very age appropriate.

Pros

Free daycare

Cons

Lower pay

Wonderful place to work.

Loved being apart of Dublin Learning Academy. Was sad to leave due to husbands job assignment over seas. Excellent staff, wonderful clean center, excellent location. Wonderful families and children

Something new every day and staff is consistent and stable

I was a toddler teacher at the company. I have many years of school to do this job and enjoyed it very much. A typical day at DLA would be to come in, prepare for the days activities and making sure I was stocked with all the materials I needed to assist the children. Utilize the toys and time allowed to teach while playing with the young children. I learned that every child and parent are different and react differently to different situations. The management there was great and understanding if I had any situations arise with my child or husband that were out of my control. The staff there has been there for a long time so turn over was low. My co workers all helped each other out with everything to getting ready for naps to restroom breaks. The hardest part of my job was calling parents telling them their child was sick or injured. I have a son myself and know whenever I get a call from the school that I immediately get worried. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing what progress the children had when they go to the next class or when their parents come in and tell me their child had signed for more or had taken their first steps or had said a name of one of their friends. I know I had a part in helping teach that child that skill.

Pros

My son got to come with me during the summer

Cons

Distance from the house and long days

Controlling management

Management is very controlling. It's about appearance not educating children.

great place

very professional atmosphere, parents are needy, overall wonderful children

Pros

pay

Cons

no potty breaks

Engaging young infants

Care for older infants utilizing the training and knowledge I have acquired with the job. I enjoy sharing their new discoveries and special moments throughout the day.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dublin Learning Academy?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dublin Learning Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits