DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Everyone is very nice, very caring, very helpful except certain management.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2018
The employees that work there are nice, kind, helpful, n a good team for the most part. Until you get to the supervisors/ managers. It is a lot of lack of appreciation. Deadlines are completely chaotic and mad rushed. They know about them in advance and expect us to put everything on the back burner, but they don't prepare well enough for them themselves. During deadline time,There is lack of caring that people do indeed still have families. There is definitely a better way to do dead line time. There is definitely lack of communication. It is either late or none. My supervisor was not even friendly when passing in the hall. You say good morning or hello and you receive a walk right by you with nothing in return. Lack of was appreciation when it came to my manager.. The reason I say lack of communication is because I would get asked to stay after 5 minutes before it was time to clock out. I at times wouldn't be able to do that. My manager didn't like that, I asked to be told in advance, but never was. The other main issue there was the company grew abundantly from the time I was hired which was good for the company, but each busy season just got more and more busy and more and more mail came in and especially went out during tax time. It was a horrible wear n tear on my vehicle. I think they should of bought a company vehicle. When I mentioned that it was ignored! They just would add more mail runs which puts stress on getting the job done orderly n also like I said puts wear n tear on your vehicle over time. 30 to 50 mail tubs during busy season would be much easier with  more... a company vehicle than making multiple trips to the post office when you have to spend long periods of time stamping certifieds at the post office as well. I managed getting every deadline out with doing thousands among thousands of certified returns and checks every season. But anyway if you don't mind wear n tear on your vehicle, staying when asked at last minute and not expected to say no on that question. Also if you can deal with a not so easy to deal with person as a supervisor then it's not so bad. Also if you don't have a family or a child you have to pick up from daycare by a certain time then it may work out. Good luck  less
Pros
Independency, good team, post office people are nice, people are helpful and caring.
Cons
Using your own vehicle for 10 to 30 tubs of mail a day, ruins your vehicle, Very Late or no communication, Either very slow or extremely busy, Supervisor is hard to work with, Mad rushed n chaotic deadlines, No care for people that have children
Very Introverted Workplace
PT Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2017
This workplace is like an untraditional food item, its an acquired taste. The best way to get ahead is to become very friendly with the management team.
Not a Terrible Place to Work
Associate Tax Consultant (Sales/Use Tax) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2017
Not a terrible place to work. Good environment but old school. required to be in the office. Good employees but terrible leadership. Manager Roles never in office.
Good starting job
Analyst (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 20, 2017
Lots of work for the first couple months of the year, but you will get help if you need it. Friendly Coworkers and management, and a supportive culture.
Very enjoyable place to work, everyone is very friendly and helpful
Compliance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2016
Great place to work! Everyone is so nice and willing to help anyone. Lots of room for advancement. Workload is sporadic though.
Pros
Pretty laid back atmosphere, department outings are fun
Decent company
Associate Tax Consultant - Property Tax (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2014
I left the company when my boss did, going to work for a competitor.
Data Entry
Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2014
Detail data entry daily of notices regarding sales and use corporate tax filings
Fun place to work
Technical Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 15, 2013
Trained all new users on company database and served as technical support.

Traveled to many out of state offices to provide training.

Fast paced with tight deadlines.
Great place to work.
Systems Tech, Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 10, 2013
I have enjoyed working at DMA. My co-workers work hard and are nice. Everyone is always ready to answer questions to help everybody else grow and learn about every part of the workplace.
DMA Job Description
Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2012
There is no typical day. Every day is different which I enjoy. Most days consist of tax estimates for business personal property assets, processing notices and tax bills, and correspondence between client and assessors. Love the management. Each manager is almost always available and willing to help. Co-workers are just as helpful and driven to complete their tasks. Hardest part of the job is during busy season when the number of hours worked per week can range from 40 to70. Most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge and experience I gain each day.
employee owned compamy
Corporate Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 17, 2012
working in an office with positive people. 17 office in the USA and 4 in Canada. traveling to each office and meeting the different people
Pros
employee owned
Cons
none really
productive, professional, and fun work environment
Regional Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2012
I enjoyed the environment, and the people I worked with on a daily basis.