Duck Donuts Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Team
AM Team Member (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 14, 2019
I don't know if this was true for others, but in my experience, there were only two or three people who really had any business working there on a daily basis. Everyone else was either rude, lazy, or just plain unprofessional.

It felt like over half the workforce was teenagers in high school, which isn't a problem by itself, but it was coupled by their attitude problems and lack of care. Some of them were even shift leaders, but never acted like it.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
No break room, understaffed, exhausting weekends
Fun place to work at.
Donut Maker (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 26, 2019
I enjoyed working here. Some days were fast paced and some days were relaxed. Good management as well, enough workers to perform the job. There were no benefits and the minimum wage in North Carolina is not enough to support me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
duck donuts
Donut Maker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 13, 2019
not fair at all .. it was fun at points but then i started getting treated way differently then everyone else .. the pay was pitiful and everyone got paid more than me . even the new workers who came in after me for the same position.
The new owner is not professional
General Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDFebruary 22, 2019
The new owner speaks umprofessional to his employees, is not consistant in his requests. Talks down to and about employees in front of and to customers.
Cons
no benefits, long hours, pays minimum wage for shift leads
fun workplace
Donut Maker (Former Employee) –  Avalon, NJFebruary 15, 2019
fun place to work, relaxed and you get free donuts. In a small beach town and some days, they will let you off early because they do not get as much business at night
Pros
free donuts
boh
BOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 13, 2019
A lot of high school kids work here but its still fun and gets very busy, so you have to be very energized. the manager is so nice and understanding. You also can get free coffee or latte, donuts
Pros
free lunch, nicest manager
Cons
paid biweekly, very busy
Poor management and low hours
Floater (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Duck Donuts is an overall fun place to work with easy work, although the management focuses more on business rather than the employees. I would rarely have hours or a regular schedule to work. While working there for over a year, I had never received a review or a raise.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2019
The management is the worst I've ever encountered. It's 7.25 an hour and you never know when you are working. Often times you'll get no hours and there is no opportunity to change positions.
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Everything else
Laid Back Place To Work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJDecember 12, 2018
Duck Donuts is a great place to work if you are looking for a job that can keep you on your feet while looking for career advancement elsewhere. The culture inside the store is very laid back and fun. Everyone that works there has a great attitude. Overall a great place to find your bearings and a wonderfully friendly workplace with great people.
Pros
Amazing people to work for and with, great work culture, laid back
Cons
Low pay, not a lot of hours
Fun workplace environment, high customer service,
Team Member (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 20, 2018
Was a good overall experience, was only temporary for the summer. Good hours and fun crew to work with. Was very close to home so I didn’t have to worry too much about gas to get back and forth, and was close enough that it was easy to get food on breaks with enough time to be back to the store.
Pros
Close to home, good hours, fun team.
Cons
Scheduling conflicts, slow days
Pretty good place to work, good hour, many people to get to know.
Donut Topper/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Green Brook, NJNovember 6, 2018
Duck donuts is a good place first job, the management is helpful and good a teaching how to do your job. I learned how to work with many people and learned how to be part of a non sports team.
Pros
good hours, close to different, food places for lunch on break
Cons
short breaks at odd times.
Loved it
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 2, 2018
They have hands down the best and freshist donuts ever!! Loved everyone who worked there was always a great time! The managers where nice ! Lots of teamwork!
Quick and Fast paced
Assistant Store Manager/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 2, 2018
Fast paced and challenging. Employees were awesome and had a fabulous team. Learned a lot of great skills in running a store. The customers were wonderful to work with. I truly enjoyed my job.

The pay was comparable for that area and position but not worth it as the owners kept adding more tasks and requests on that weren't really part of position.

Owners were frustrating. Lived far away and were around in a month less than the part timers worked in a week but yet managed the store as if they were there constantly and knew more about it than the in store management. Kept hiring people to replace other people but then would complain about how high labor was constantly. Kept trying to cut costs on anything and everything with little regard to how it would affect the staff or the customers experience. Extremely high expectations of management and staff with tasks and productivity with little proper compensation for what is requested of them.
Pros
Discounts. Great coworkers.
Cons
no lunch breaks, long hours, high expectations with little proper compensation
This place sent me running for the hills
Donut Maker (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 8, 2018
Upon being hired I understood that the store was under new ownership and things were "a little rough," it was more than I bargained for. Management was non existent and the other employees did not care about their jobs, and also warned me not to think of it as a career. I do not recommend working for Duck Donuts if you value yourself as a person.
Cons
Lazy coworkers, no management, no training, pay for uniform
Amazing place to work at
Full Time Employee/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 11, 2018
Every day at Duck was amazing. Everyone worked so hard to help things run smoothly. Everyone worked well together, and made sure that they did their best to make the customers happy. I learned a lot working at Duck, and I recommend it to anyone needing a part-time or full-time job. The management and the store owners were wonderful and very understanding. The best part was of course...FREE DONUTS!
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Little breaks
Okay
Donut topper (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here I just needed to make more money to support myself plus being in school. I would have continued to work here however I just did not make enough.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCAugust 23, 2018
excellent managers and employees. Management is very accommodating and understanding as well as encouraging. Always made efforts to create all inclusive time together as a team. Always listened to issues. Never downgraded.
Relaxed but fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Duck, NCAugust 20, 2018
I enjoyed everyone i worked with, we were like a family. It could get extremely hectic at times with lines stretching down the boardwalk and unruly customers but overall it was a great job!
Great atmosphere!
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 17, 2018
When i started working at duck donuts it was very hectic. The business had just opened and the management was getting everything under control. Many of the employees were new to working. It was a great learning experience; i learned a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Learning social skills, gain responsibility
Cons
Nobody really had an "assigned" job, I go into work and have no idea what I'm need to be doing that day.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristow, VAAugust 6, 2018
Working with this company has been pretty enjoyable and I've been able to learn a lot about my own management style. I started as a crew member, moved to shift lead, then was promoted to store manager so very "in-house hiring" friendly. Everything at this job is made to order which causes us to have to be on our game at all times. It can be quite stressful sometimes and like all customer service jobs sometimes the hardest part is dealing with the customers. Being a MTO concept you have to do everything very time efficiently and that is a stressful part to keep up with. The employees, concept, and even my owners were some of the best parts of this job. Fun job-you get to decorate and make donuts!