Duff & Phelps Employee Reviews

Solid work life balance
Real Estate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2018
but that's about the only positive I can think of. Below market compensation; unorganized upper management; high turnover rate; generally dull culture.
Lacks diversity and inclusion
Other (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
- Lacks diversity
- harsh hours
- poor management
- salary rates are terrible
- conservative work environment
- high cubicles
- not a sociable environment
Pros
location of the Chicago office
Cons
Chicago office's work environment, favoritism among management and peers, Cliqueish, Conservative, Lacks communication, Work and Life balance is terrible
Productive and fun office with basketball hoop.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 1, 2018
Fast paced office with warm, friendly, professional colleagues. Always learning new applications with on-line training. Fun activities for employees after hours.
Pros
Clean and efficient office
Cons
Top floor got roof leaks in heavy rain
Depends who your supervisor is...
Vice President, Dispute Consulting (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
It depends on who you work for and my experience was poor. I tried to adapt to my manager's style and do whatever I could but he seemed to be a very negative person with a large ego (he said it himself). He is no longer with the company so hopefully your experience is better now.
Unimpressive
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
Homogenous co-workers, almost non-existent company culture. Benefits are in the range of average to above-average. Management is non-transparent and short-term focused obsessed with only cutting costs and telling people how things are going well and then next minute laying off workforce.
Pros
office snacks, good healthcare plans, 401K matching
Cons
non-transparent management
Okay for my first job
Valuation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2018
Almost no work life balance due to a large amount of travel. Almost no opportunities for knowledge or career advancement. I was promised the opportunity to manage projects within 6 months of starting, but was never allowed to do so.
Good place to learn foundational skills
Real Estate Advisory Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 8, 2018
Good place to learn foundational skills, a lot of pressure and poor work life balance, average management, long hours, social environment between the offices nationwide
Typical Consulting Company
Senior Associate in Corporate Valuation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
Pro: Interesting work, seeing different types of projects
Pro: Decent management, pretty straight forward
Pro: Quick advancement if you can handle working long hours
Con: A lot of hours, always on blackberry
Con: Investment banking hour, but not investment banking pay
Good coworkers
Senior Associate, Real Estate Advisory Group (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
I would work there again under the right conditions. Good pay and benefits. The colleagues and coworkers are good, for the most part. I was very fond of my teammates/coworkers, as well as my immediate bosses.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. There are pluses working for a large corporation
Cons
Layoffs are a possibility
Great first job
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
Learned a wide variety of skills in a short period of time applicable to many different jobs in the industry. There are many different roles and cases to work on, further broadening experience.

Want to know more about Duff & Phelps?

Ask a question
df
Valuation Analyst - Valuation Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 31, 2018
Working at the company was an interesting experience. A lot of incredible attention to detail. Somewhat difficult job to pick up. Workplace culture was a little bit bland at times.
Great Clients, but inflexible management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
The client base is impressive. The workload is reasonable. The workplace culture needs more flexibility in work/family life balance.
Management needs to gain a better understand of their staff.
Positive and professional work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2018
Positive and professional work environment. The workplace culture is diverse but everyone gets along. It would be hard to leave this place but location and commute wise, is not ideal for me.
Very corporate
Valuation Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2018
Great workplace in general with good, smart people. Expect ebb and flow just like any other work, just dependent on deal flow. Make no mistake, this is a large company, and has the pros and cons inherent therein.
Company in new building, good neighborhood. Pleasant w work space.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAMarch 12, 2018
The office management became very structured. There really wasn't a typical day. Sometimes very hectic, you worked late, other days 8-5 more relaxed. Very busy office.
Casual office culture.
The hardest part of the job was trying to finish a project when new ones came in.
The casualness of managers.
Pros
Many free meals. A snack room.
Cons
The snackroom.
Amazing
Valuation Advisory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 4, 2018
If you like to be intellectually challenged and work within a great environment then this is for you. I loved the culture, I liked the people I worked with for the most part. The management team is pretty cool. Really great company with great benefits.
Pros
Dinners usually taken care of if you work late, great benefits
Cons
There can be long hours
Productive and Friendly Work Environment
Admin/Ntl.Mktg.Graphic Support (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 4, 2018
My typical day at D&P was excited to come into work each day and manage my projects within the given timelines. I was able to focus and concentrate on my job with a friendly and productive atmosphere. The culture was A+ and the management was fair to all employees.I would love to continue my career at D&P!
Pros
Great culture and team environment
Cons
Lay offs
Bad for compliance group
Director of Manager Due Diligence (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2017
The compliance group is formerly from Kinetic Partners. This is a British firm that is poorly managed and not in touch with the US market. My understanding is that the valuation group is excellent.
Good Workplace
Junior Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2017
I always new what each day would bring. I was happy with management and it was an overall good experience. I would look at contracts and other legal documents every day and input important information from those documents into an Excel sheet.
Miserable unhappy people in dire environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2017
The most unhappy people in the world, pressure to bill time, terrible managers, horrible culture, management spying on employees, back-biting and people going to HR at the drop of a hat, you cannot say a word without someone getting offended, tons of paperwork, no bonuses, the list of negatives goes on forever.
Pros
Cons
No advancement, high turnover, bad managers, unhappy people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duff & Phelps. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss