Duke City Urgent Care

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Amazing place to work

I've been in the healthcare field for over 20 years, and I can say this is by far the most supportive, team driven environment I have ever belonged to. Everyone in the company is invested in providing a quality experience for both their teammates and the patients, from the top down. Senior leadership doesn't feel distant, they're often boots on the ground alongside their team. I couldn't ask for a better place to work!

Pros

Support, education, encouragement to thrive

Horrible management

Working here was like a dumpster fire. You never left on time because the owner refused to let us close the doors even on time, we’d have to keep them open 10 minutes after closing time no matter how busy we were or how many patients were waiting. It was not uncommon to see upwards of 40-50 patients a shift. And not just 40-50 easy peasy urgent care patients with sniffles or ear pain, they expected us to run labs, do ultrasounds, etc. Many of these people should be transferred to ER for higher level of care but they wanted us to work up everything before sending them out ($$$). Management is composed of a bunch of 20-somethings who don’t know what they’re doing but are friends with the owner, hence their position in management. They were very immature and formed cliques - not professional at all. The pay was decent, there was opportunity for small productivity bonuses - but you do have to bust your butt to get them, and they weren’t much. Benefits were awful, and you only accrue 1 week of PTO a year. Small CME allowance, which is also used to cover license renewals and such. The schedule was somewhat flexible, but certain providers definitely got favoritism as far as not having to work weekends, and working certain preferred clinics, etc. There is on call requirements. People who worked hard seldom were recognized, but they kept providers around who were slow (seeing half the amount of patients as the other providers). One positive thing is there was always an on call medical director for any questions or assistance.

Pros

Decent pay, on call medical director always available for help

Cons

Poor benefits, little PTO, always working late, awful management, favoritism

Asked to rate this company so I could use Indeed for job search

Nice place to work - no reservations. Nice providers and staff. Nice working environment. I am not sure what more to say about it - I would work there again.

Great Staff

Staff is fantastic. Owner is very personable and approachable. Management always willing to work with schedule. Sometimes easy going attitude leads to employees not being held accountable.

Awesome place to work

The management cares deeply as do the owners. I always felt like patients recieved above average care with the staff. I can't say there was ever a person I didn't get along with. They really embrace a tight community that feels like family. I never felt like I was going to "work." It was always fun, enjoyable, and rewarding.

Pros

Patient Care

Cons

Na

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Duke City Urgent Care was the best job I ever had!

A typical work day at DCUC is very productive and fast paced, with patients coming in and out for various health needs... As front desk I registered new and existing patients into a system to be checked and seen by a provider this included taking patients personal info checking insurance and taking co-payments from patients this job is laid back but also requires diligence in multi tasking and complete accuracy to maintain HIPPA regulations... while this job is mainly computer work answering phones scanning and faxing you also have to make sure the patients needs are being taken care of this includes providing patients tissue hand sanitizer vomit bags or having one of the EMTS MA RN or anyone qualified to look at open wounds that need bandaging and to also be a friendly face for patients to see when they first walk in and before they leave the door! The hardest part of the job id say was seeing little kids or babies come in and crying if injured or severely sick, while the most enjoyable part of this job was doing my best to take care of a lobby full of patients to the best of my ability!

Fun workplace

First point of contact of all patients, providing a positive environment for the patients when they first come in the door. Completing patient registration, verifying insurance, collecting copays and coinsurances when applicable. Maintaining a clean lobby, and a friendly environment. Answering phone calls and answering medical questions and non-medical questions.

Good Place To Work.

Good Place To Work. Place Is Always Busy With Management Usually Trying To Direct Employees Where Their Strong Points Are. Most Enjoyable Part Of Job Is Helping Patients Feel Better.

Love my co-workers

Great place to work! Caring management that works with the employees to insure a work/life balance. There is a feeling of support and encouragement within the organization that makes it easy to get up and go to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duke City Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4