Duke City Urgent Care
View all Duke City Urgent Care reviews

Duke City Urgent Care

Duke City Urgent Care Physician Assistant Review

Engaging, high standards of care, and supportive team atmosphere

My favorite place to work thus far in my career. In a world surrounded by larger corporations, it is so refreshing to work in a family run and family-feel type of environment. I like that we get to see high acuity patients from the Urgent Care setting and the vision is to really empower the providers and teammates to take the best possible care of patients. I enjoy the education program, chart reviews, CME support, and always having someone that I can call to bounce a case off of. This company puts a lot back into their providers. People who excel in this group typically have ER experience or a desire to learn (ample learning opportunities provided), a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. I appreciate that my voice is heard at work and I have good access to my Medical Director who is receptive.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same roleSame location

Love being part of a company that truly cares about patients and their team.

Our company like all other acute care settings has had a hard time with covid (super low volumes then super high volumes and some burnout/turnover), but the management has done way more than any other similar company to protect its team. Though as in any company, some changes take time, it makes a huge difference that our company is owned and operated by a medical providers who "get it" not some greedy corporation. The best part of my job is "The Team".
Same location

Tough job, great coworkers

While health care is an ever-changing, evolving field, there is no doubt the past two years have been especially difficult. Urgent Care is no exception, but this company does its best to protect its workers. Education is regular and comprehensive, support is ample, and the team is excellent.
Same location

Horrible management

Working here was like a dumpster fire. You never left on time because the owner refused to let us close the doors even on time, we’d have to keep them open 10 minutes after closing time no matter how busy we were or how many patients were waiting. It was not uncommon to see upwards of 40-50 patients a shift. And not just 40-50 easy peasy urgent care patients with sniffles or ear pain, they expected us to run labs, do ultrasounds, etc. Many of these people should be transferred to ER for higher level of care but they wanted us to work up everything before sending them out ($$$). Management is composed of a bunch of 20-somethings who don’t know what they’re doing but are friends with the owner, hence their position in management. They were very immature and formed cliques - not professional at all. The pay was decent, there was opportunity for small productivity bonuses - but you do have to bust your butt to get them, and they weren’t much. Benefits were awful, and you only accrue 1 week of PTO a year. Small CME allowance, which is also used to cover license renewals and such. The schedule was somewhat flexible, but certain providers definitely got favoritism as far as not having to work weekends, and working certain preferred clinics, etc. There is on call requirements. People who worked hard seldom were recognized, but they kept providers around who were slow (seeing half the amount of patients as the other providers). One positive thing is there was always an on call medical director for any questions or assistance.

Pros

Decent pay, on call medical director always available for help

Cons

Poor benefits, little PTO, always working late, awful management, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duke City Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Duke City Urgent Care Reviews by Location

Learn about Duke City Urgent Care in popular locations

• Duke City Urgent Care
  • Engaging, high standards of care, and supportive team atmosphere