Duke City Urgent Care
View all Duke City Urgent Care reviews

Duke City Urgent Care

Duke City Urgent Care Employee Review

Duke City Urgent Care APC Review - Horrible management

Working here was like a dumpster fire. You never left on time because the owner refused to let us close the doors even on time, we’d have to keep them open 10 minutes after closing time no matter how busy we were or how many patients were waiting. It was not uncommon to see upwards of 40-50 patients a shift. And not just 40-50 easy peasy urgent care patients with sniffles or ear pain, they expected us to run labs, do ultrasounds, etc. Many of these people should be transferred to ER for higher level of care but they wanted us to work up everything before sending them out ($$$). Management is composed of a bunch of 20-somethings who don’t know what they’re doing but are friends with the owner, hence their position in management. They were very immature and formed cliques - not professional at all. The pay was decent, there was opportunity for small productivity bonuses - but you do have to bust your butt to get them, and they weren’t much. Benefits were awful, and you only accrue 1 week of PTO a year. Small CME allowance, which is also used to cover license renewals and such. The schedule was somewhat flexible, but certain providers definitely got favoritism as far as not having to work weekends, and working certain preferred clinics, etc. There is on call requirements. People who worked hard seldom were recognized, but they kept providers around who were slow (seeing half the amount of patients as the other providers). One positive thing is there was always an on call medical director for any questions or assistance.

Pros

Decent pay, on call medical director always available for help

Cons

Poor benefits, little PTO, always working late, awful management, favoritism

2.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Amazing place to work

I've been in the healthcare field for over 20 years, and I can say this is by far the most supportive, team driven environment I have ever belonged to. Everyone in the company is invested in providing a quality experience for both their teammates and the patients, from the top down. Senior leadership doesn't feel distant, they're often boots on the ground alongside their team. I couldn't ask for a better place to work!

Pros

Support, education, encouragement to thrive

Cons

Same location

Asked to rate this company so I could use Indeed for job search

Nice place to work - no reservations. Nice providers and staff. Nice working environment. I am not sure what more to say about it - I would work there again.

Great Staff

Staff is fantastic. Owner is very personable and approachable. Management always willing to work with schedule. Sometimes easy going attitude leads to employees not being held accountable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duke City Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits