Duke City Urgent Care

Duke City Urgent Care Pay & Benefits reviews

United States10 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

This is literally the best company I have ever worked for. The management is super supportive and helpful my coworkers are amazing and the opportunity is there to learn and grow. It's great!

Pros

The supportive management and staff, they actually pay what your worth

Cons

Their health benefits aren't the greatest but it's doable.

Horrible management

Working here was like a dumpster fire. You never left on time because the owner refused to let us close the doors even on time, we’d have to keep them open 10 minutes after closing time no matter how busy we were or how many patients were waiting. It was not uncommon to see upwards of 40-50 patients a shift. And not just 40-50 easy peasy urgent care patients with sniffles or ear pain, they expected us to run labs, do ultrasounds, etc. Many of these people should be transferred to ER for higher level of care but they wanted us to work up everything before sending them out ($$$). Management is composed of a bunch of 20-somethings who don’t know what they’re doing but are friends with the owner, hence their position in management. They were very immature and formed cliques - not professional at all. The pay was decent, there was opportunity for small productivity bonuses - but you do have to bust your butt to get them, and they weren’t much. Benefits were awful, and you only accrue 1 week of PTO a year. Small CME allowance, which is also used to cover license renewals and such. The schedule was somewhat flexible, but certain providers definitely got favoritism as far as not having to work weekends, and working certain preferred clinics, etc. There is on call requirements. People who worked hard seldom were recognized, but they kept providers around who were slow (seeing half the amount of patients as the other providers). One positive thing is there was always an on call medical director for any questions or assistance.

Pros

Decent pay, on call medical director always available for help

Cons

Poor benefits, little PTO, always working late, awful management, favoritism

Duke City Urgent Care insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duke City Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits